2 Parental Intercession (new ver.)

I'm Marrying the Crown Prince?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Na Ra arrives home she holds the dress and shoes that her best friends have bought her in two separate shopping bags within her hands. And as she stands at the threshold of the front door, she places the bags down near the door. Her apartment giving off a frigid feeling. The sensation of it's cold aura instantly washing over her as she walks fully inside.

Na Ra passes by her living room without looking back, heading towards the kitchen area of her apartment. Even so, she hears as someone's throat clears itself from behind her person. To which she slowly turns her head to peek back inside of her living room to find that her parents are in there.

"Mother? Father? What are you guys doing here?" Na Ra quizzically asks her parents with a confused facial expression written across her features, surprised by the fact that they had showed up at her place without telling her that they would. She also forgot that she had given them the spare key to her apartment in case of any emergencies. Nonetheless, she still properly bows to them with respect. The frowning elder couple were sitting upon one of the sofas in her living room with their arms crossed.

"This apartment needs to be cleaned up from top to bottom, Na Ra! Do you call this place a safe living space, young lady?" Her mother harshly spits out at her, before her father can say anything to her first.

"Mother..." Na Ra begins to answer her mother in turn, but the clearly upset Mrs. Kim quickly cuts her off from speaking any further than that once again.

"Don't Mother me, young lady! Now come here and sit down next to us! We need to talk!" Mrs. Kim unhappily shouts at Na Ra as she walks over to them on slow nervous footfalls.

"And what pray tell do we need to talk about what?" Na Ra asks her upset mother calmly as she could muster herself too.

"Just sit down, now young lady!" Mrs. Kim simply orders her daughter again and Na Ra finally sits down next to her father.

"Do what your Mother says sweetheart!" Her father pleads with Na Ra not really wanting to get in the middle of their upcoming argument this time around. He's learned his lesson through course of his life living in the same household with not one but two strong willed women.

"Ok-okay... Father!" Na Ra stutters a little bit as she rests her head against her father's shoulder as she waits for the subject of this spontaneous visit to finally come up.

"When are you going to get married, Na Ra? You're almost twenty-one and you're still unwedded, young lady!" Her mother heatedly bellows out at her, before she turns attentions upon her silent Husband, "She always listens to you, Kim Sanghoon! Talk some since in to your daughter's head head!"

"We, as your most beloved parents, are worried about your future well being in this cold callous world. Especially since you have only just recently lost your job. We think that it would be best for you if moved back home with us, Na Ra!" Sanghoon helpfully adds on to what her mother is trying to say to her, so that her mother wouldn't be angry with him later about not backing her up during this current conversation.

"So you guys are checking up on me now?" Na Ra hisses out angrily at her parents once the realization that they had in fact been prying in to her life without her full on consent dawns on her, on air and sighing out harshly, inwardly. "Don't worry about me! I'll find myself another job soon enough. I can take care of myself just fine! Besides, I don't have to get married right now, I'm still young enough to remain single and just go dates here and there! Mother. Father."

"As our daughter, marriage at a young age is one thing you will have to endure, Na Ra! If you don't want to move back in with us, then you at least have to go to the royal ball with us! We were specially invited to it and it would be rude for us not to show up to the event as a cohesive family unit. We'll pay for everything that you will need for the ball. No ifs, ands, or buts about it, young lady!" Mrs. Kim demandingly commands her daughter as her parents stand up from the sofa in order to leave the confines of her apartment. To which, Na Ra stands up as well and politely bows to them respectfully in turn, now that they would leave her alone for the rest of the day.

"Alright, Mother, I've got it... Unfortunately..." Na Ra depressingly whispers out as her parents finally leave her apartment with an overly tired frown wrinkling in between her forehead.

She almost wanted to take her apartment's spar key back from her parents. Almost. The fervent space of anger slowly cools down with the disappearence of their annoyingly loving presence. She wondered if her family was really invited to the royal ball.

It was a few hours late in to the night that Na Ra finds herself laying on her bed thinking about what her mother had said earlier during their conversation. Marriage was the last thing that was on her mind right now. At the moment, she just wants to get her own life back under her control without being constantly judged by my parents. More like judged by her mother. Abruptly, her cell phone blaringly rings and she answers it.

"Hello! Hello... Hello... Hello!" Na Ra calls out but no one answers her and she calls out again with still no answer which was very weird to her, so she hangs the phone up straight after that. She closes her eyes and finally drifts off to sleep for the night.

In the morning, Na Ra speedily washes her body up, her face, and brushes her teeth clean before tying her long black tresses back in a high ponytail. After she is done with doing all of that, she goes in to the kitchen, where she reaches up in to the cabinet in order to retrieve a oatmeal bar for a quick breakfast before hurriedly leaving her apartment. She is dressed in a pair of dark skinny jeans with a blue halter top and matching sneakers upon her feet. Na Ra makes her way over to the local skate park known as SkHaTeRs which wasn't all that far from where she lives to find that best friends had the same idea. She in an inwardly breath as she tries to avoid them as best as he can, because she doesn't want them to try and hook her up with random guy they have met at the park.

"Yo! Princess Narawara!" Min Jo hollers once she fully takes notice of Na Ra. And Na Ra being the slow witted fool that she was sometimes, she tries to hide behind some of the guys standing close by her. Guys that were staring at her like she was a crazy person, which Na Ra had to admit that she absolutely was.

"We can see you, you know?" Bo-Som perplexingly says with a grimace on her face when she suddenly appears standing behind Na Ra completely out of nowhere. At least to her it had seemed like it had happened that way, but in fact it had not. The guys that she had initially been hiding behind had simply walked away from her leaving her completely exposed to her supposed best friends' easy assessment of her person.

"How-how are you guys doing?" Na Ra stutters timidly over her own tongue a bit at being caught out by her unassuming best friends.

"Look at you, Na Ra. A total and complete shame, if I do say so myself!" Bo-Som happily adds whilst smiling at her in a chiding manner, totally ignoring the halfhearted question thrown their way by a wholly embarrassed Kim Na Ra.

"Is something bothering you, Narawara?" Min Jo curiously asks cutting in to their little chat whilst crossing her arms over her chest with a raised eyebrow in question.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter