Sunhee

Lost and Found/고독

Sungjong's stepfamily was out again for the day attending the funeral of Suil and Youngmi, so he was left alone in the house. He was used to this, as his stepfamily would often go on night outings, leaving him alone in the house.

But Sungjong devised another plan.

He walked into his younger stepsister Sunhee's room and glanced at the whole atmosphere, grinning.

He stepped to the shelves, where her toys were all lined up neatly on the shelves. Despite the proud neatness, they were all covered in dust; she had not touched them for years and were therefore only used as display. Sungjong stepped back in disgust, imagining the fleas and dust nesting in their furs, but still decided that he could wash his hands after having done the job.

Reaching for the nearest pair of scissors, he grabbed from the shelf whilst dust flew from the shelf a fat teddy bear. Dust got into Sungjong's nose, making him cough but he survived. Sungjong ripped out the eyeballs of the teddy bear with such force, sending the marbles to roll across the floor, just before he cut open the belly of the bear and pulled out all the cotton wool.

Next was a Peter Rabbit. Considering that rabbits were his favourite animal, he decided not to do much harm to it. He twisted its head completely backwards and then moved on.

He moved over to a Barney. He cut the back of its throat and made an extra hole so that he could hang it on the clothespeg of the door, just before he sliced off its tail. Next was a Simba, where he cut off the whole mane, leaving it completely bald.

The damage went on and on for the rest of the stuffed animals, including a cat, a dog, a zebra, and a tiger.

It was hard to say which stuffed toy had the most damage.

He continued on, heading for the porcelain dolls. Before his job, he messed up the furniture in the dollhouse, making it look as if it was hit by an earthquake.

He grabbed a Dora the Explorer doll, and removed its batteries before throwing it to the ground and smashing its face, before he squatted down and cut all her hair off until her black hair was reduced to black stumps.

He went to another porcelain doll. He ripped off the ugly white dress and the petticoats, before tearing off the Mary Janes and the stockings. He ripped the ribbons out her chocolate brown hair and tore off the strands until she was left with a bald head.

Sungjong smashed the face of another porcelain doll to the floor and stomped on it. He advanced then to a blonde porcelain doll, where he pretended to be the Queen of Hearts by stabbing the scissors into her neck, breaking off her head, just before he tore the pink dress to shreds.

He then went to another. Sungjong stabbed and poked the glass eyeballs with the scissors until they were reduced to black holes. Next was one with red hair. He ripped it all off her head.

He continued some more and more, torturing the porcelain dolls until the floor was scattered with torn fabric, hair and clay pieces.

He grinned in satisfaction as he glanced at the mess around him.

He reached over to her desk, where more damage would begin. He went to the radiator, switched it on and started melting her crayons and pastels, before breaking both her writing and colour pencils.

He prepared himself for the big finale; he reached for her homework assignments and tore them to shreds, scattering them across the floor.

To finish it off, he went to the kitchen and grabbed a knife and put it near his door from the inside.


His parents eventually came back at home, whilst Sungjong was studying innocently.

"I'm glad Sungjong did not come." said the stepmother, "He would be a huge rascal."

"That's true." said the stepfather, "And it's a shame Youngmi had to go, she would have got married."

Sunhee was heading to her room when she screamed.

"What's wrong?" hollered the stepmother.

"My room! My toys! My dolls! My homework!" she screamed in anger and frustration as she collapsed, sobbing.

"I'm sure Sungjong did it!" she screamed.

"Oh, Sunhee, don't be ridiculous!" chuckled her stepmother, "We all know that you hate Sungjong, but he can't be that sick minded, he's nothing but a poor helpless airhead boy who just wants to cling onto us to fit in. Clean up this mess and behave yourself, Sunhee."

"It was Sungjong. I know he did it. He tried to do this so that he would kill me. He's not a normal person. He's a demon!"

Sungjong waited behind the door, laughing demonically.

Sunhee dashed to Sungjong's room and burst the door open, but not realising the knife, she pricked herself on the blade of the knife. Red liquid stained the knife and the floor, since her foot was cut and red was pouring out from a sickening deep wound.

Sunhee picked up the knife, her eyes flaming red and boiling with anger.

"What's wrong, Sunhee?" asked Sungjong innocently.

"You.......DEVIL!" she screamed as she threw Sungjong off his chair and pinned him to the ground.

Sunhee screamed in anger as she held the knife to Sungjong's neck.

"I'll make sure that my revenge on you is as painful as it gets. I could kill you and skin you alive so that you will freeze when you die. And I could tear out your eyeballs and pull out your hair and rip your intestines and heart out so I hope that your torture will hurt!"

Sunhee continued to screamed hysterically as she raised the knife, but Sungjong screamed in protest.

Hearing all the commotion, the stepparents raced into the room, to find Sungjong screaming on the ground whilst Sunhee was holding the knife.

"SUNHEE!" screamed her stepfather, "Stop that this instant! Are you out of your mind!?"

"What on earth possessed you to do this?" said her stepmother.

"YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME?!" she screamed, her voice hoarse from yelling so much and then pointing a shaky accusing figure at Sungjong, "HE DID IT! HE DID ALL OF THIS! HE'S A DEVIL! A LIAR! A SINNER! A GHOST! A DEMON! HE WANTS TO ATTACK ME! HE WANTS TO KILL ME!!!"

"I think she's going insane. I think she's hallucinating." said her stepmother. "Call the ambulance!"

The stepfather did call the ambulance, whilst his wife was dragging Sunhee out and slamming Sungjong's door, whilst trying to hold her down and calm her, but she continued to scream hysterically.

Finally the ambulance did come. She was taken to hospital. Sungjong grinned as he stared out the window as the doors closed, and the ambulance drove away in the distance as it drove to the town hospital, and her screaming began to fade away.