L

Lost and Found/고독

Dongwoo came back to the library, recovering from his sickness from the drawing that Sungjong drew.

He stepped back in the library, but he would not look at Sungjong again. He had a cute innocent baby face but he started backing away from him as soon as possible.

"Are you okay?" asked L.

"Ummm....it's nothing." he stammered.

Sungjong looked up to L and smiled, but L did not look at him, until Dongwoo was finally able to catch his breath.


After study sessions were over, L was now with Sungjong, walking all the way home.

"Sungjong." said L.

"Yeah?"

"Do you remember how we used to play together a lot?"

"Yeah."

"Do you remember how we had a lot of fun?"

"Yeah."

"Do you like to draw?"

"Yes."

"Can you teach me how? I really am bad an art and I'm curious about your secret."

"Maybe tomorrow."

"Okay, when?"

"Lunch period. Meet me in the library again."

"Alright. Is there something wrong?"

"No."

"We're still friends right?"

"Yeah. Best friends. You're the first and only person who genuinely liked me and talked to me. I've never had a best friend like you. You make me very happy."

Ironically Sungjong did not at all sound that enthusiastic when he spoke.

"Wanna grab some odeng sticks?" asked L.

"Yeah."

L took Sungjong to the nearby pojang macha in the down where they sat down and enjoyed a bowl of udong as well as sticks of odeng from hot soup.

"Do you like the food?" asked L.

"Yeah. No one ever cares about me at home."

L nearly choked.

"What did you say?"

"I said no one ever cares about me back at home. I've always wanted to eat this, yet no one in my family knows anything about me."

L was left speechless.

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah."

"You're saying that as if none of your family members care about you?"

"They're not my family members." said Sungjong roughly, "They're my stepfamily members. And yes to your question."

L stared at him wide-eyed.

"You ean that they don't at all love you?"

"That's right."

"Sungjong, I'd hate to break it to you, but your stepparents do love and care for you. It's never easy to be a parent, since they have so much children to take care of, and sometimes it is a burden to them. No parent is perfect, but they are doing their best to help you. Sungjong, they do love you."

Sungjong glared at L with anger.

"I said no, THEY DON'T!"

L backed a little in fear.

"Okay, okay." he said, a little afraid. "Calm down."

Sungjong without another word did calm down, just before they walked hand in hand as best friends to get some chocolate ice cream, and L walked Sungjong back home.