Youngmi

Lost and Found/고독

Sungjong was back in his room, sleeping innocently and quietly like a mouse.

He was sleeping until an uproar broke out in the flat.

He woke up to hear what the nosie was all about.

Cries of "Suil!" and "Suil is not here!" erupted throughout the whole flat.

Sungjong continued to pretend to sleep, giggling as he heard the hysterical noises. Now Suil paid for this. For treating him like his was a piece of garbage.


The six gathered at the balcony, where they found out that the glass doors were still open.

They leaned over the balcony.

The stepmother screamed in horror as he noticed the bloody corpse of Suil, lying on the ground.

"Call an ambulance!" she shrieked. "And Sungjong is not coming, he is invisible to us. He has never cared for any of us nor respected us therefore he does not count as a family member in our eyes. He can never be part of us. There's no need to wake him up."

Thank God, Sungjong thought. I would never want to be born to abusive psychopaths.

He giggled as he listened to the continuous hysterical cries as they fled out the flat and hurried to their son covered in blood in the car park, before dialing 119.


Sungjong eventually woke up, and brushed his teeth, whilst grabbing himself a snack to eat.

He grinned to himself. It was his stepfamily's fault the whole time for taking away his happiness. They ruined his life. Suil was the first victim, but that was not enough for him.

He was planning to get rid of all his step family members, one by one. He was tired of receiving constant abuse from them.


It was Saturday so he did not have to go to school. He decided his next demise. Youngmi.

Since he was all alone in the house, he devised another plan. She was getting married. What was he to do?

He went into his stepparents' room, and opened a drawer, taking out a huge pair of fabric scissors.

He walked into his stepsister's room, where clenching tightly the pair of scissors and the huge veil and wedding dress and ring, he grinned in satisfaction.

He laid the pair of scissors on the wedding dress, sitting on the chair. It was two days before her wedding, but Sungjong could not just think about letting her off like that after all that she has done to him.

She never helped him. She never established a bond with him. She never treated him like a brother. She treated him like he was a mosquito.

Sungjong grinned with satisfaction as he took up the train of the dress and opened the pair of scissors with the handles.


Without a moment to lose, he cut the hem of the dress, as well as other parts of the dress. He continued to destroy the dress and cut it with the scissors until it was reduced to jagged pieces of fabric.

He threw the white lacy fabric shreds on the floor and grinned with delight.

He went over to the wedding veil. Sungjong ripped it in half and then moved on.

Noticing the pearl necklace and wedding ring, he cut the string of the necklace until pearls flew all over the place, and hid the wedding ring deep in her closet.

Sungjong stepped back, smiling and admiring his work as he closed the door, closed like the way it was before his shocked stepfamily members dashed out.


Sungjong hid in his room, anticipating the reactions as he teared up from giggles and excitement.

His stepfamily came back home, sobbing.

"He is dead." the stepmother sobbed.

Sungjong grinned, holding in his laughs as he heard about his tragedy. He had paid after all.

He waited for a moment until Youngmi started screaming.

"My dress!" his stepsister screamed, "And my veil! Sungjong must have done it!"

"Nonsense," scoffed the stepfather, "Sungjong couldn't have done it, he was here sleeping and doing productive stuff."

Sungjong's heart skipped a beat. Oh no, he thought. I have to do something.

The stepfather opened the door, finding Sungjong sitting at his desk and studying.

"That's strange." thought the stepfather as he closed the door. "Hmmmm."


He returned to the weeping Youngmi.

"My dress!" she screamed, "And my pearls, ring and veil! I'll never get married!"

"Don't worry," said the stepfather, soothing her, "We'll get you a new dress and sew the veil, and then I'll buy you a new necklace and ring."

"Do you have any idea how expensive they are?" intervened the stepmother. "Let's see if all your easy-going plans work, since her wedding is in TWO days and that day ultimately decides her fate!"

"Calm down," was all that her stepfather would say. Despite treating Sungjong as if he was a nobody, he usually looked on the bright side when he was with his own family members.

Youngmi and the stepmother were left speechless.


When everybody was asleep, Sungjong remained awake, waiting for the whole coast in the flat to be clear. He waited until all the voices died down and he was ready to go to his stepsister's room.

He did not sleep and just stayed awake for an extra half an hour, not to mention his stepparents seldom came into his room, and when they did it was always about scolding and telling off and humiliating him.

When the coast was clear, he quietly slipped out of his room and closed the door quietly. It was a good thing that everyone closed their doors when they went to sleep, so it provided an advantage for Sungjong to fulfill his plans.


He crept over to Youngmi's room, and silently turned the handle, giggling in excitement and anticipation as he did so.

He walked in.

He shut the door carefully behind him.

There, sleeping on the bed was his older stepsister, Youngmi. The one who would get married in two days.

Or maybe if she would be.

Sungjong crept over and inspected her; her dark black raven straight hair was let down.

Sungjong sat on her bedside and carefully and toyed with her locks, playing with them as if she was a doll.

He continued to play with her hair, yet she was not even aroused.

Sungjong grinned. He rubbed his hands together. His plan would be done. Tonight.

Slowly and carefully, Sungjong picked up a collection of her hair strands and wrapped it around her neck. He caressed her soft pale porcelain skin as he did so. What a beauty she was.

He continued to circle her hair around her neck, until with a firm grip, he wound the locks around her hair with such force, eventually waking up Youngmi.

Youngmi was about to scream when Sungjong took drastic action. Grabbing the nearest fabric shreds from the torn wedding dress, he picked them up and shoved them in , so that she could not talk nor scream.

This entertained Sungjong, and even more when she struggled hard before him and only made loud muffles whilst trying to escape his grip.

Sungjong continued to use more and more of her hair strands to wind tightly around her neck, her eyes widening as she grabbed hold of his pyjama top in protest.

Before Sungjong knew it, Youngmi's eyes eventually began to flutter and her eyes rolled to the back of her head as her grip on his shirt weakened, and her arm smacked the bed, as she lay there, lifeless.

Sungjong smiled as he untangled the hair strands on her neck, and styled her hair, leaving her the way she exactly was as he crept out of her room.