Sunhee

Lost and Found/고독

As soon as Sungjong left for home, L was about to walk with him when Sungjong refused.

"Why not?"

"Sorry," said Sungjong, "I have work to do."

"Work?"

Sungjong bit his tongue.

"Yes, I have volunteered for work at the hospital. I hope that it help me with my university applications, so I thought that since I want to do a science related course in university I thought that this experience would be beneficial for my application."

"But don't you have to pay to get in?"

"No," Sungjong lied, "It all depends on how well you write your application. They say that style of writing these days helps us get anywhere in the world, it's so annoying and frustrating."

"I see." said L, nodding. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow. Bye Sungjong."

"Bye L."


Sungjong walked the town hospital.

"Excuse me," he said innocently, "I'm here to see my sister, Kim Sunhee."

The receptionist began typing away at the computer.

"Sure, please follow me. She's in the retreatment room all by herself so you two will have the chance to spend some time alone."

Sungjong giggled with excitement.

The nurse led him up to the third floor until he finally was in the retreatment room.

"Here," said the nurse as she closed the door, "I'll close the door so that you two can have some quiet time. I'll be at the desk if you need anything."


Sungjong took a good look at Sunhee as soon as the door shut and he was alone with his stepsister.

He grinned.

She lay there fast asleep and passed out. According to the monitor her heartbeat was normal, and her body temperature was still at 37 degrees Celsius. She was still breathing.

Sungjong looked around the room for solutions. He looked until he noticed that a cart of sterilised instruments were lying on the corner.

He buttoned up his black blazer. It was a good thing for him that his uniform was black in colour, so that blood would not show on the clothes, since black absorbs all colours. He lifted up his belt that held his pants, hiding the extra part of white shirt and red necktie underneath.

He remembered how Sunhee went ballistic and wanted him to die horribly. She would be the one, not him.

He picked up a scalpel, and grinned as he admired at the shiny metal.

He stepped back to Sunhee's bed and grinned as he sat down and caressed her hair and forehead. He grinned as he held the scalpel up to his crown, and without furtherado started his action.

With such force, Sungjong raised the scalpel and bring it down harshly until it pierced her heart, staining her white hospital gown with blue hospital logos red with blood. He continued to stab her heart whilst blood poured out her pink lips, drenching the pillow with crimson.

That was when Sunhee woke up, staring and glaring at him in anger and horror.

"You will pay for this..." she mumbled as was full of blood, "I hope you die a horrible death."

Sungjong grinned.

He continued to stab her chest, painting the white fabric with blood, until he brought the scalpel to her neck.

With a swift cut he slit whilst more blood spewed out , and more red liquid flew down her body like a stream.

"You son of a......." she began, but before she could go for another word, she passed away, as her eyes fluttered.

Sungjong giggled demonically as he put the scalpel in her hands and wiped himself clean with nearby sheets and water from the sink, before he opened the window and escaped the hospital.

He had a great fall; he did not care. At least she died and he lived.