Dongwoo

Lost and Found/고독

Sungjong was in the library for the lunch period after finishing his lunch, checking out some library books to help with his studies, whilst sharing a desk with L, Hoya and Dongwoo.

The library remained quiet, except for the sound of pencil drawing.

The scratching movements from the pencil came from Sungjong, who was not really studying but drawing happily on his sketchpad, completely absorbed in the task.

Dongwoo was the first to be distracted, and he dropped his book, peering over to Sungjong's sketchpad.

Sungjong was drawing something, but he could not make out what as his pencil was flying all over the place.

"Sungjong-ah." Dongwoo finally spoke.

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask you something?"

Sungjong stopped, dropped his pencil and stared at Dongwoo, eyes widened whilst frozen.

Dongwoo shuddered a little bit, feeling awkward as he gave a guilty smile.

"Ummmm......I didn't want to destroy your time, but ummm.....do you like drawing?"

"Yeah."

"How often do you draw?"

"All day long."

"What did you get for Art in your report last year?"

"Su."

"Su? You're amazing. You were born to be an artist I guess. It seems that the gift only comes to you, and people like you are blessed with it. I started painting when I was young but I quit because I was too flimsy with the paper and selection of colours. Do you like to paint as well?"

"Yeah."

"Can I see what you are drawing?"

Sungjong scowled at him, eyes still widened, as he tore off the paper from his sketchbook, slowly and carefully as the loud slow ripping sound vibrated Dongwoo's ears.

Passing the paper on to Dongwoo, Sungjong gave a wicked smile.

Dongwoo stared at the drawing, but then frowned, with a little bit of fear.

"Who is in the drawing?"

Sungjae chuckled without showing any teeth.

"This is a picture of me being happy."

As Dongwoo brought the drawing to his face and squinted to make out the drawing, his eyes widened in shock as he looked at it once again. It was a drawing of Sungjong laughing like a maniac whilst stabbing a baby lying lifelessly in his bloodied pram with a knife stained with blood, whilst a woman next to the pram was clasping her hair in shock, her facial expression horrified alike the face of the figure in the Norwegian painting "The Scream" by Edvard Munch.

"We could play a fun game together." Sungjong said slyly.

"Uhhhh.....no.....I'm fine....." Dongwoo gasped whilst dropping the drawing in fear.

"Dongwoo." said Hoya looking up, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah! I'm fine!" Dongwoo replied hesitantly, "I uhhhhh......need to use the bathroom!"

Dongwoo immediately dashed out of the library and went into the stalls, throwing up a whole lot, whilst his faces was streamed with tears from the shock of the gruesome drawing. He continued to stay there trying to catch his breath until he was just as ready to head back again.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Su (수) is basically the highest score of the Korean grading system, equivalent to A/A* for GCSE/AP, or high level 6/7 for IB Diploma. The Korean grading system involves 5 characters, su (수), woo (우), mi (미), yang (양) and ka (가), with ka being the worst score, equivalent to an F.