Beginning of the End

When the Autumn Leaves Fall

I was sitting alone in bench of a park near the high school I was attending to, enjoying the moment of silence where I could just relax, and think about nothing, to not give a care to anything, even just for a moment. Watching the auburn, gold, red, and brown leaves filtering sunlight and being swayed by the breeze has been a past time of mine that started ever since I was a young. I sighed and closed my eyes, enjoying the early-morning autumn breeze. I took a deep breath, it was crisp and clean, it was the scent that I love the most. I admit, I get easily lost in my own little world when it's fall, and I love that. My mind wanders easily when the season is like this. This was one of the moments that I think very deeply. I sighed again, enjoying the sight of falling leaves all around me., letting my mind wander to wherever it may want to go.

 

"I knew you'd be here." said someone suddenly, breaking my internal train of thought. I looked up to see Changsun, my childhood friend, who was older than me, grinning.

 

He walked towards me and said, "We'll be late for school if you keep on daydreaming like that." He smirked at me and I punched him on the shoulder, embarrassed at what he said.

 

"Ow!" he said, massaging the spot where I hit him. "Why do you punch so hard when you still have that baby-face?" he said jokingly, still keeping that stupid grin of his on his face.

 

I didn't bother responding as we walked together at the sidewalk, towards our school. We were walking quietly, with both of us not talking. I was comfortable like that, because if you were close to someone, you wouldn't feel the need to talk constantly, and the silence would not feel awkward. I always felt like that when I'm with him. It was after a while when he finally broke the silence.

 

"Yah, Sanghyun." Changsun said, stopping suddenly, with a serious look on his face.

 

"What?" I replied, tilting my head slightly, curious on what this will be about.

 

He was silent for a while, the autumn breeze playing at his hair. I thought it was a beautiful sight, with the leaves falling as his background. I hadn't realized is up until now but, my friend, no, my best friend, had grown up into a beautiful man. This imagery of him is just so hauntingly breathtaking. I didn't realize that I was floating away to dreamland again until he suddenly clapped his hands together, snapping me out of my reverie... of him?

 

"Yah, did you hear what I just said?", he said, sounding kind of pissed off and relieved at the same time,. I responded with a blank look, as I didn't really know what he said. "Aish, never mind. I've got loads of opportunities to tell you anyway. I should've taken into account that you are an airhead!" he said, grinning to himself, ruffling my hair before putting his hands to his pockets. I frowned at him, but he just smiled at me and made his pace faster than mine. I struggled to match his strides as we passed the pedestrian crossing.

 

If only I had known what he was about to say. If only I had known that this would be the last time that we would ever meet.

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

 

Chapter one ended there guys. ^_^ That was a flashback(in italics) and the story in real time starts in the next one. 

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE EVEN IF YOU DIDN'T LIKE IT. HAHAHA. JUST KIDDING. :3

PLEASE COMMENT NICELY, AT LEAST?? :>