Plan, set ,action

How Exo's nerd won his high school crush

Kris stood behind the benches, waiting impatiently for the rest of the cheerleading team members to leave.

Come on, walk faster people

Now knowing Onew as Jessica's older brother, Kris wanted to apologize to Onew again since his last apology was nothing near one. If he wanted to be with Jessica, he should at least do this right.

Why are they moving so slow ?

Kris put his hands on his waist. He was nervous. The members were moving at snail pace and the waiting was excruciating. It made him want to flip the benches . Frustrated, Kris ran his hand through his blond locks, giving his signature face to the memebers.

Watching the last few members leave, Kris made his way towards Onew.

''Onew sunbae,'' he begin, his mouth, preparing to say the next words. '' I'm really sorry i hit you,i was protecting Jessica, No! I mean, i thought you were making her cry like a bad boyfriend. Not that i mean your a bad boyfriend ! You're a good boyfriend ,not to Jessica i mean . I mean... i mean ..... '' Kris drifted off his sentence, stumbling once more.

Sighing heavily, he tried again.

'' I'm sorry. I misunderstood the situation and thought i knew what was happening. I acted without thinking. I shouldn't have hit you. I am sorry. '' Kris finished his apology solemnly. 

Onew smiled. He knew what was going on with this kid. 

'' You did that because you care about her since you're good friends, right ? '' said Onew, trying to find out more about the boy's feelings.

'' Yes, she's more than just a friend. She's ... She's -'' Kris took a deep breathe.'' Onew sunbae, I like Jessica. I did ever since i saw her. I swear, time slowed down for me when i saw her. Would you allow me to be the guy who would treat her right ? '' Kris asked.

Blinking in surprise, Onew didn't expect Kris to be so forward. The kid was asking him for permission to be with his sister. He thought Kris would just confess his feelings.

Onew's lips spread into a delighted grin . '' Dude, you even hit me ! What more can i say? Of course i'll let you be with my sister,'' Onew remarked approvingly. 

''Thank you,'' Kris said earnestly. Exhilaration bubbled up inside him like soda and he felt as light as a feather. He was truly grateful Onew granted him despite everything.

Onew patted Kris's back and together, the two of them left the field, having forged something new.

We're nearing the end of the story !