Look twice

How Exo's nerd won his high school crush

 

Murmurs and snippets of conversations filled the hallway as students stood around their locker in the morning; it was tradition to reach school earlier and chitchat with one another. As students engrossed themselves deeply in their conversations, the large doors to the school swung and a tall figure strode in. With confident steps like a rock star, the young man sashayed his way into the hallway, donned in faded jeans and a bright electric blue jacket over a white graphic t- shirt. While on others it might seem like a lack of effort to dress for school; Kris,however,made it  looked like he just stepped off a fashion runway.The rays of sunshine from the early sun shined around him, creating a magical effect .

With a mega-watt smile, Kris made eye contact with every student in the hallway, sending the hearts of all females into a pounding rhythm.  A furry of questions and exclamations rose from all direction.

‘’Who is that gorgeous student? !’’ 

‘’He looked like he stepped off the pages of a manga’’

‘’Since when did our school have such a hottie?’’

At their lockers, Victoria noticed the sudden commotion and turned to the common direction which everybody was fixed at.

‘’Hey sica, isn’t that Kris ?’’ asked Victoria quizzically, pointing to him.

Upon a close inspection of the student, Jessica gasped .

‘’ You’re right Vic ! That is Kris !’’ exclaimed Jessica,  utterly stunned.  Kris had made a 180 change since their last meeting.

‘’Whaddup ladies,’’ Kris said in a husky low voice while passing them, giving Jessica a bold flirtatious wink before heading towards his locker .

‘’It’s gonna be a good day,’’ he mused.

 

 

 

It was recess and Tao was making his way to the usual table which him and Kris agreed to meet at.

''Why are there so many people here today ?''  he wondered.

Reaching nearer to the table, he spotted a tall blond student sitting there. Just as he was about to ask the student to leave, the realization struck him; it was Kris. The thought stopped him at his track.

KRIS ?!

Regaining composure, Tao sat down , facing opposite towards his buddy.

‘’Looks like you heeded my advice,’’ he stated, slight surprised. Without a word, Kris nodded in agreement.

‘ I don’t think you would have trouble seeking attention now, ‘’ Tao said as he suddenly aware of the hundred pair of eyes staring at them- or more accurately - at Kris. In response, the outer corner of his mouth lifted up .

‘’ Jessica and Victoria noticed me , that’s the only thing that matter,’’ Kris replied, the corners of the mouth curling in to a smirk .

''Now what do you plan to do ?'' asked Tao. '' You have their attention, now you need to establish a relationship of some sort. ''

Kris gave his signature face,he haven't figure that part out.

‘’Maybe you should join the cheerleading team, you know, to get closer to Jessica,’’ joked Tao, imaging Kris holding pink pom poms and cheering '' Go team ! '' in a ridiculously high pitched voice, wearing that silly uniform.

Tao was so deep into his imagination that he failed to realize his serious friend was actually considering the option.

‘’And maybe I should get a makeover as well’’ thought Tao who played with the idea briefly.

Hahahahaha ! who else laughed at the image of kris cheerleading? Just me ? Comments are gladly appreciated !