End

How Exo's nerd won his high school crush

 

This is the last chapter guys ! Thank you for subcribing to this story !

Kris sauntered to the canteen, spotting Tao where he knew he would be at – the benches. Tao was doing his homework, his headphones on.

‘’Hey, I need your help with something,’’ said Kris, putting a hand on Tao’s shoulder as he sat down.

‘’What is it ? ‘’ asked Tao, removing his headphones.

For a moment, Kris looked uncomfortable, like it was a weird thing to say it out loud.

‘’’I’m planning to confess to Jessica ,’’ Kris said, looking charged.

‘’And you need my help because ? ‘’ Tao asked, raising an eyebrow.

‘’ Because want it to be proper, instead of screwing up things again,’’ said Kris, referring to the Onew incident. ‘’ And supposedly you’re the romantic kungfu panda, surely you have some brilliant ideas to share ‘’ urged Kris.

‘’ What do you mean supposedly? I am romantic, okay ? ‘’insisted Tao, defensive. ’’ Hmph, since you’re my best bud, I’ll help you. You see……..’’ he drifted off, discussing with Kris.

The next day

‘’ Jessica ! ‘’ called Onew out of the bue. The siblings were at home, doing their respective things; Jessica was painting her nails while Onew was juggling his phone, homework and a pen in the air out of complete boredom.

 ‘’ Yea bro ? ‘’

‘’Let’s go to the beach this sat, we haven’t hang out together in a long time.Just the two of us.’’

‘’Hmmm… okay, sounds good ‘’ replied Jessica, surprised that her brother actually initiated a bonding session.

‘’Oh and wear that nice dress you like so much, who knows you might meet someone there, ‘’ said Onew, spreading a grin across his face which went unnoticed by Jessica.

Saturday

Wiggling her toes, the warmth from the sand emitted to her bare feet. The siblings were at the beach, having cycled all the way from their house, enjoying the beauty of nature.

‘’It’s so relaxing here,’’ said Jessica, enjoying the cool breeze of the sea. It was so calming to be here, dissipating away the stress and troubles, feeling at peace.

She turned to face her brother and saw that Onew was on the phone, talking in a hushed tone.

‘’Must be cheerleading matters’’ thought Jessica, knowing the heavy responsibility of being the captain.

While Jessica watched Onew, he turned and gave a small wave, still on the phone. Then, he ended the call and walked over.

‘’Sorry sis, I just got an emergency call from the coach, he wants to see me immediately,’’ apologized Onew, sounding downhearted.

‘’Oh’’ said Jeissca, trying not to let the disappointment show.

‘’Since we hardly come here, you should stay here a little longer. Have a stroll on the beach. ‘’ said Onew, getting on his bike.

Jessica nodded. Indeed, she rarely went to the beach. She should have stay here a little longer.

‘’Have fun okay ? ‘’ said Onew, riding off.

Jessica waved goodbye and went down to the beach. The waves rolled up lazily to the shore, before dragging itself back to the sea. Against a white background, the sun dipped into the sea, coloring the sky a shade of warm orange . Keeping her eyes on the sand, Jessica observed the foot prints she made, not noticing a figure standing somewhere in front of her.

A gust of wind blew her sunhat off, sending it near the figure. Jessica gasped, surprised at who it was.

Standing in front of her, was Kris.  In his hands held a beautiful bouquet of flowers.

‘’Jessica, ‘’ he said, smiling.

‘’Kris , what are you doing here ? ‘’ asked a dazed Jessica.

‘’I’m here because…. Because I have something I want to tell you, ‘’ he explained. ‘’ Actually, I want to tell you something for a very long time. ‘’ Kris held his breathe, composing him. Why did she have to look so beautiful in that dress ? ‘’ I like you, ‘’ he declared after what it seem like a long time. ‘’ I did the moment I saw you, and I hope you can give me the chance to make you happy. I promise there won’t be a day I would make you cry. I will be there for you every single moment , I will support you through everything and I promise, if you give me the chance, I will grab every opportunity possible to make you happy. Would you give me that chance ? ‘’ he asked, his  eyes never leaving Jessica’s . After rehearsing the speech in front of the mirror for like a hundred times, Kris finally said it to the person who mattered.

Silence fell on them as Kris extended the flowers, waiting for Jessica’s answer. Clearly, he felt his heart beat wildly as he anticipates her answer. Meanwhile, Jessica stared at the flowers, absorbing the information. Kris had just confessed to her. At the beach with the sun setting ! Silent fell upon them as Jessica remained quiet.

After what it seem like eternity, Jessica finally answered.

‘’ Kris….’’ She started as the boy held his breathe, feeling his hands shaking.

‘’I’m really happy that you like me, ‘’ she said softly while Kris was starting to have trouble breathing.

‘’And I would be glad to give you that chance,’’ Jessica said, accepting the bouquet, giving the prettiest smile Kris had seen. Taking the flowers, Jessica extends her arms and embraced him. In the distance, the sun descended further down, spilling glorious shades of pink and salmon over the background. Relaxing himself, Kris hugged her back and felt a wide smile spreading across his face. Happiness bubbled up inside him as Kris was overwhelmed with pure joy.

 A distance away, Tao, Onew and Victoria were clapping, cheering for the new couple.

‘’Yea ! You did it Kris ! ‘’ cheered Tao happily

‘’Congrats Sica ‘’ yelled Victoria, smiling.

‘’ Finally ! ‘’ exclaimed Onew, who had been waiting for this.

The couple turned back and laughed, before enveloping each other again in a warm hug.

‘’This is it’’ thought Kris. The two of them were really together.

-End -

Hope you guys like the ending, i'm working on my lastest work where i've compile some of my oneshots into it, please support it- Exo's collection of short stories

Once again, thanks for subscribing ! Share your comments below