Its all or nothing !

How Exo's nerd won his high school crush

 

‘’ Hahahah…… Y-you ?! …. Hahahha ……. C-c-chheerr… Leadingggg ? !! HAHAHAH !’’ laughed Tao at the top of his lungs, his whole body shaking with uncontrollable laughter.

It was Monday morning and the two boys were on their way to school together. Kris had just broken the news that he had decided to join the cheerleading team .

‘’ I’ve decided, ‘’ Kris declared earlier on.

‘’ Decided on what ? ’’ questioned Tao , rubbing his eyes wearily. He was tired from last’s night intense wushu training for the upcoming tournament and didn’t get enough sleep.

‘’To join cheerleading,’’ answered Kris with unwavering determination.

‘’ oh okay , to join….. TO JOIN WHAT ?!’’  yelled Tao with disbelief as he straighten himself, fully awake.

‘’ I-HAVE-DECIDED-TO-JOIN-CHEERLEADING,’’ said Kris, emphasizing on each word .

Tao paused for a few seconds, letting the words register before he burst into laughter.

 

 

Three minutes passed and Tao was still laughing.

Annoyed, Kris demanded ’’ what’s so funny Zi Tao ?’’

‘’I’m sorry… ‘’ said Tao,trying to catch his breath. ’’ It’s just that you don’t look like the cheerleading type.’’ He answered truthfully.

‘’Sheesh, at first I don’t look like a rapper, now I look like I can’t do sports,’’ grumbled Kris unhappily.

‘’No, go ahead. Don’t let me stop you from joining the team for the real reason,’’ replied Tao. More laughter rose from him like bubbles in a fizzy drink.

Finally, Tao managed to control his laughter but soon started chuckling instead.

‘’ Come on, ‘’ commanded Kris grudgingly as he pulled his friend,’’ Keep on laughing and we’re gonna be late.’’

Nevertheless, Kris was still bent on joining.

 

 

As Kris walked towards his lockers, girls huddled by the side swooned. It was already Friday and he was starting to get used to the reactions. He transformed from unknown(and unheard of) nerdy new student to hot new rapper overnight. School was really starting to be enjoyable; Jessica and Victoria were joining them for lunch more frequently after Kris’s transformation in an attempt to help the new student fit in .

‘’Are you really joining the cheerleading team ? ’’ asked Jessica.

‘’Yea, I am ‘’ replied Kris, earning him a delighted smile from the fairy student. Kris could feel his own smile forming and heartbeat fastening.

Thump thump thump

‘’Oh, Onew sunbae is part of the team too, isn’t he ? ’’ Victoria clarified.

Instantly, Kris’s smile faded, replaced by his signature face.

‘’Oh yea !’’ said Jessica , ‘’ He’s the captain.’’

Urghh, why does that name keep appearing?

‘’See you during training, ‘’ Jessica said brightly as the girls left for class.

‘’See ya ‘’ said Kris who was looking forward to it.

 

Days and weeks flew by and the routine of them joining the boys for lunch turned into a habit.

With cheerleading, Kris was able to spend more time with Jessica; that helped him know her better.  As time passed, they’ve gotten close. He moved from new student to schoolmate to friends and now, to good friends. Maybe with a bit more time, he could leave the friend zone and become something more than a friend. But of course, there was always Onew sunbae around. Every time Kris wanted to talk to Jessica, he would always conveniently happened to be there and grab her away to chat before Kris could do anything. His presence was constant ; driving Kris to madness.

Kris was also getting more and more popular. After his transformation, his name was spread around the entire school.Tall , good looking and a serious student, students named Kris ‘’ Flower Boy Model Student’’(for obvious reasons) . Kris , Tao and a few of their friends : Chen, Lay, Luhan, Xiumin, got together to form a group called EXO-M. During school concerts and events, there will always be a large student audience present to watch them perform and cheer them on.

 

A few months before the National Cheerleading Competition, Onew called for a group meeting.

‘’As you all know, the competition is approaching. To make sure we are as fully prepared and trained for the competition, I would like to have extra trainings held. And to be even more efficient, I will pair up students with more advance skills with students who need more work done,’’ announced Onew.

As he was announcing, Onew notice the close relationship between Jessica and Kris. The two of them were playfully poking each other, exchanging smiles.

Realizing something was going on between them, he had an idea.

‘’Jessica, please pair up with Kris !’’ said Onew.

wow, this was a longer chapter that i thought haha. Are you guys catching onto the story ? what do you think Onew has in mind ?

Please subscribe & comment !