A walk between friends

How Exo's nerd won his high school crush

 

‘’Hey  Vic’’ called Jessica. The two were them were walking home after school. Victoria was holding a cup of ice cream in one hand and a mini spoon in the other.
 
‘’Yea Sica ?’’
 
‘’What do you think of Kris ? ‘’ asked Jessica shyly as she turns her head to the other side, eyes averted.  
 
‘’Hmm…… He’s pretty nice, smart. Works hard too,’’ answered Victoria as she dig into her vanilia ice cream for another delicious scope of the creamy ball.
Looking at her friend, Victoria noticed the change in her.
 
‘’Sica,’’
 
‘’Yea Vic ? ‘’
 
‘’Do you like Kris ?’’ asked Victoria gently.
 
Jessica remained silent, her eyes fixed on the concrete pavement as she let the question hung in the air. The late afternoon sunlight shone down at them, highlighting the rosy tint coloring her cheeks. Victoria observed her friend and smiled knowingly, having the answer to her own question. 
 
‘’I think Kris likes you,’’ Victoria said lightly, going for another scope.
 
‘’You really think so ? ‘’ questioned Jessica;half hopeful, half doubtful, searching for signs on her friend’s face that told her she was joking.
 
‘’ Neh Sica , didn’t you say he punched Onew sunbae because he thought he made you cry ? That shows he cares about you,’’ said Victoria , halfway through her ice cream.
 
‘’ He’s so popular now, I bet he his popularity could compete with those of kpop idols,’’ stated Jessica. ‘’ I don’t think he cares about how I feel.’’
 
‘’ Don’t say that Sica. He has so many girls around him but never ask anyone one of them out. I bet he likes you . ‘’ said Victoria sincerely, almost finishing her ice cream. 
 
''Do you want the last mouth of ice cream ? '' asked Victoria , extending her cup out. 
 
'' Its okay, you can finish it , '' replied Jessica, thinking about Victoria's words.
 
Birds chirp quietly around them. The light breeze brushing their hair. Enjoying the warmth of the sun, Jessica smiled softly while Victoria finished her last spoon of ice cream.The girls walked in comforting silence back home.
 
Short chapter, what do you guys think ?