Jae

Dark Love

Since that night, Yoochun would often visit. At first he would only come to bring her dinner, but soon they began to talk. He wasn’t as ignorant and arrogant as she thought. He even showed to be quite funny and jovial. But of course she would never be fooled by him. All that, was only an act, a mean to get closer to what he needed. But it didn’t bother her. It was not as if they were friends or anything, but having some company and someone to talk to felt great. As time passed, she opened up more to him being less suspicious and more herself. So she began to have more courage in his presence because she had learned not to fear him so much. Of all the people she had in her life, except for her mother, he was the only one who was never angry against her, which didn’t hit or tried to use her for something. Well... he was using her, but it was in their common interest. The words he said to her that evening, were the only thing that made her keep hope: "You’ll be free to go. I won’t stop you".
Increasingly they began to appear in public, hanging in the house for all to see, that their sudden "friendship" wasn’t something fishy. It was of course Yoochun’s idea, and they were hanging together as often as possible. The thing was that it wasn’t so bad, ultimately... The Ice Father fell into the trap; glad things were going well between them. The wedding date was not yet been defined, but a big party in honor of their engagement was planned. In the meantime, he ordered his son to begin to take her with him during the "work". According to him, showing that he had a woman with him was a sign of strength. Yoomin didn’t really understand everything, but followed him without saying anything. By respect or because he didn’t want to reveal their illicit activities, Yoochun only took her to visits bars and nightclubs, or meetings that lasted forever. It was as if he avoided any contact with the violent side of this universe. This world wasn’t unknown to her, and she hated it more than anything, but it was fascinating to see behind the scenes. This situation lasted for several months without incident. That's not counting the day that she met him...
One evening, after concluding a good deal, they went out of a bar when they came face to face with another gang of thugs. Nothing new. Except, she immediately felt the change in the air when the two groups recognized each other. The pressure was palpable and her breath was cut. They met in a dark alley in the back room just like in the movies; not that she had seen much of these. They were more than a dozen while Yoochun and Yoomin not counted they were 5 others. Despite that they didn’t attack. Because they were controlled. Their leader appeared and Yoochun's face turned completely. Never before had she seen such an expression. Indeed, Yoomin didn’t even imagine until then, that someone was able to have such hatred on his face. By reflex, Yoochun stood before her and pushed her into a dark corner of the lane to avoid them to realize her presence. What she didn’t like at all, she was not a child and didn’t need his protection. But she said nothing, more concern with the curiosity that had seized her. She wanted to see were their confrontation would lead them. The man at the center took a step forward with a big smile.


"Yoochunnie! What a nice surprise! Long time no see!”


Yoomi was shocked by the jovial tone of the man, but she was even more shocked by the cold and menacing voice of her protector.


"Jae ..."


"The last time we saw each other, was when you stole one of my areas. I see that things didn’t change, you’re always giving me trouble.”


Yoochun quickly regained some confidence and pulled his cold mask.


"I don’t want to fight tonight, Jae.”


"Don’t want or are you afraid? Or maybe it’s because you don’t want to show your real face in front of that kiddo you’re hiding behind you!”


Yoomi went indignantly from behind the back of Yoochun and faced the famous Jae.


"I'll point out that you must have the same age as me, then swallow your words, kid!”


But this action was a big stupid mistake; she quickly realized it when attention was turned towards her.


"I see, so you're the famous “future wife” everyone is talking about?”


She clenched her fists and teeth, she hated to be designates as that.


"I have a name!”


"And what would it be?”


She was going to say it, when Yoochun intervened.


"Be quiet ..."


She stared at him. All his senses were alert, yet she perceived no threat from Jae. Sure he was annoying and challenging but nothing too serious... He laughed again.


"You don’t even introduce her to your old adversary? I’m offended ...”


He paused and then glared at her.


"I have to say I'm surprised. The famous player Yoochun, chained by a woman... which more a kid. I mean your tastes have greatly degraded!”


She would not stay there to be insulted without saying anything!


"Well, sorry to have a brain unlike all the bimbos you’re used to!”


He smiled.


"I don’t pick them for their brains.”


"I didn’t choose her for it either." Yoochun said.


Yoomi turned surprise. Was that a compliment? She didn’t know it was still impossible to know with him.


Jae burst out laughing and she felt the men behind them tremble. Maybe she was the only one not feeling the looming threat...


"I like her! She knows how to talk back! It’s been a long time that someone spoke to me like that." He sarcastically applauded. “Congratulations on your new acquisition.”


He was talking about me?!


"Yah! Jae something ... I am not an object! And I'm certainly not HIS object!" She said with resentment.


Yoochun turned to her.


"Yoomi, shut up!”


"I let it pass the first time but not this time. You don’t tell me to keep my mouth shut if I don’t want to. I'm not one of your dogs, Park Yoochun.”


He contented himself with launching a death glare. Yoomin was quite proud of her. She was tired of being treated like something less than human. But again, she had made a mistake that would cost her dear later...

Jae exploded in a wicked laugh.


"I see who's the boss at home. The grand Park Yoochun who is controlled and put in his place by a woman! Grandiose.”


Yoochun clenched his fists without saying anything.


"It's funny. But honestly, I don’t understand what women see in you…”


"I don’t either." she whispered.


"I don’t know..." Yoochun started. "...  but one thing is sure, your sister didn’t seem unsatisfied.”


At that moment it was like a storm. Jae exploded and shouting like a condemned man, rushed to hit Yoochun, but he dodged it with ease. With fluid movements they found themselves facing each other in battle position. But, they had exchanged places and Yoochun was dangerously near Jae’s men and this one was near those from the Ice clan. None of the men on one side or the other had moved, as if they knew that it was a personal matter between their bosses. Yoomin, she only had time to take a step back to avoid the Jae’s fury. Why was he as angry about a joke as simplistic and childish as that? Unless...


"Don’t talk about Milianna, your son of ..." Jae began.


He seemed out of himself, while Yoochun remained silent and kept a closed face. Something had happened; she could feel that it wasn’t a simple story or a simple provocation.

 

"How dare you talk about her, while it was you who killed her?!" Jae yelled.


"If you want to know what really happened, go ask your father." Yoochun replied in a hard voice.


Resentment? Hatred? What exactly happened between the two families? Jae was going to argue something when one of his subordinates gave him a sign. He calmed down immediately and returned, not without difficulty, to his fake smile.


"Still trying to sow discord, eh, Yoochun? But I won’t forget what you did! You also should  careful to what can happen to those you love." He turned his gaze to Yoomin. "Careful sweetie, have encountered that man may be your biggest regret.”


She was too petrified to answer.


Jae joins the men and left without another word. But you could still feel the tension in the air. Yoomin slowly turned to Yoochun who still hadn’t moved.


"What was that?”


In response Yoochun turned to his minions.


"Leave us.”


They went without protest, leaving alone both concerned. Yoomin was going to ask the question again when she found herself in a fraction of seconds thrown against the wall, cutting off her breath and pressed against it, the Yoochun's bend on . His eyes had completely changed; they were pure black, black of violence. She had forgotten for a moment how dangerous this man was. He spoke in a calm voice, but filled with a latent threat.


"This is the last time you disrespect me in front of my men and especially before another clan. When I tell you to shut up, you obey me. Or I shall recall you where you belong. I’m warning you, I have no qualms about beating a woman.”


Then he let go and turned to leave. Yoomin desperately sought to fill her lungs. She had been a fool, a real pabo! Because he has been nice and friendly she let her guard down before him. But he wasn’t her friend, her companion, much less her ally. They were each a means to achieve their ends. And he would not hesitate to go after her if she provoked him. It was the last time she made the mistake to trust him, would it be for a second! But one thing was disturbing her, and she had enough courage to ask.


"Who was Milianna?”

-------

This story is taking a turn a didn't expect...

And I'm the author!!! XD