The loss of Innocence

Dark Love

My song advice for this chapter ----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsZf2llz9vA

__________

She stood before the window of the library, which gave to the small garden inside the mansion, where she used to spend time with Yoochun, looking at the stars or just talking. At the time she didn’t realize that these moments were precious. She never imagined that she could miss them and would be her greatest torture. From a mechanical gesture, she smoothed the skirt of her black dress. She could hear voices on the other side of the door. All these hypocritical people who came to the funeral, some didn’t even know Yoochun; others hoped that their status would be increased by showing solicitude to the boss of the clan. She preferred to stay here; it made her feel closer to her Micky...

When Yunjoong announced the news she didn’t believe him. Yoomin went immediately seek Yoochun in all places where he could be. The motel where she had been, the cafe where he had taken her, the second house, anywhere there were no signs of him. Realizing the horrible reality she slowly sank into madness. When the cries of pain, shrill moans and spasms of her body had used all her forces she fell in a state of catharsis. Yunjoong had dragged her up to this ridiculous mourning, when all she wanted was to disappear. Because it was impossible for her to live in a world without Yoochun. That may be why Yun always kept an eye on her, he was afraid she would try something.
The question was: how? How was he... dead? Nobody had let Yoomin see the body. He was burned in a car accident and was now unrecognizable. So the question that arose was how with a body in such bad state, they could say that it was Yoochun? They had told her a hundred times, it was his car, his clothes, dental impressions... but deep in her heart she felt that he was still alive. Yun said she was in denial, but she preferred to call it hope. These questions became an obsession for her; it was the only thing she could cling onto, to not sink completely into madness.
Yunjoong also had taken a blow when he heard of Yoochun’s death. Of course Mr. Park was demolished, but one would think that it wouldn’t affect the hard and cool right arm. Yun looked as sad as everyone, grieving in his own way. Jae and his father had sent a letter to decline any involvement in the "tragic accident". Sure, killing Jae was the first thought that crossed Yoomin’s mind, because they were certainly involved with something. But she knew that his death wouldn’t relieve her pain. She didn’t wanted blood on her hands; she just wanted her Micky back... The door opened and closed behind her.


"People are leaving. You should eat something. "


She didn’t turn around and stayed silent. Yunjoong approached but didn’t touch her.


"Stay here Yoomin... at least for some time. I’m going to make your room ready."


She thought it was a cruel as request. It was here where she had all these memories with Yoochun, and he wanted her to stay? To be even more tortured by memories? For her agony to continue?
The girl shook her head almost imperceptibly. Seeing that she wouldn’t be more talkative, Yun left the room. She turned to stare at the door. She had only one desire, it was to get out of here, to go out to try to fill her lungs with air, because her chest raised and lowered mechanically but she couldn’t believe she was breathing. She wanted to scream with all her strength until the air and her breath disappear into the universe. Sentenced to this cage made of feelings, her heart fell gradually consuming her love to ashes flying into space. Even the feelings that had once given her so many hopes were now reduced to reality.
She went around the room when something caught her attention. There was a book that surpassed the others on the shelf. She took the book to see that it was the one that contained Milianna’s picture. Yoomin opened the book but instead to find the photo with the flower like last time, she found a paper. She carefully unfolded it and immediately recognized the handwriting of Yoochun. It was a poem, Yoochun used to read because he identified himself with it.


"The Garden of Love

I went to the Garden of Love,

And saw what I never had seen:

A Chapel was built in the midst,

Where I used to play on the green.

 

An the gates of the Chapel were shut,

And “Thou shalt not” writ over the door;

So I turned to the Garden of Love

That so many sweet flowers bore;

 

And I saw it was filled with graves,

And tomb stones where flowers should be;

And Priests in black gowns were walking their rounds,

And binding with briars my joy & desires.”

 


For some reason she knew right away the hidden message through these verses. She noticed for the first time the title of the book: Persuasion by Jane Austen. It was her favorite book, it was about two star-crossed lovers too, who were separated several times by fate, but each time they found themselves over the novel. It was folly to believe, but it was even more madness to ignore such a sign. She closed the book with a snap and rushed out in search of Yunjoong.


***


"Do you want to tell me where that is going?"


No response.


"Yoomin! Talk to me! "


"I know where he is. "


"Who? "


She turned to him with an almost insane smile.


"You'll see. "


They drove for more than 20 minutes, the girl giving instructions on which direction to take. She couldn’t stay still since she found the message in the book. Yun suddenly violently stopped the car on the side. He turned to her in anger.

 

"Now you tell me what’s happening here. "


 "I found a hidden message in a book. "


"A hidden message?"


She took the paper and handed it to Yun who reads carefully. Then he looked at her blankly.


"William Blake?"


"Right! "


"I don’t..."


She cut him by taking the paper from his hands and reading the poem.


" "The Garden of Love ... Where I used to play on the green."A place of his childhood. After we read "A Chapel", he always said that this tree looked like a chapel with its drooping branches. And finally the graves. Her grave is there... He will be there I'm sure! "


"I don’t understand. Who will be there? "


"Yoochun." She said exasperated.


Understanding why the sudden agitation of the girl, Yun sighed and looked at her sadly.


"Yoomin ... Yoochun is..."


"Dead." She said in a dry tone. "I know, everybody keeps repeating me that. But they are wrong, he is alive, Yun. And I know where he is! "


Yunjoong lowered his head wearily and rubbed his forehead. All thought that she was mad with grief, but she thought at least him, he would have understood. He raised his head.


"And where is he?"


A smile plastered on her face and she lifted her right hand.


"Where he gave me this ring."


A few minutes later they reached the abandoned field. The tree sat on top of the small hill. Outside it was dark and it was raining heavily, just like the day he had left. Yoomin couldn’t wait anymore; when the car stopped she jumped out of it and ran towards the tree. Yun followed.


"Yoomin!" he yelled after her.

She reached under the tree; she saw Milianna’s grave, but no trace of Yoochun. She looked on all sides to see if he hadn’t taken shelter in one of the branches of the great tree, but it was too dark. Panic rose in her. The girl ran in all directions, shouting his name.


"Micky! Micky!"


She bawled, shouting with all her might. "YOOCHUN!"


But all that was heard was the echo of silence and the rain falling on the ground. She was soaked in the middle of nowhere with only companion, silence. He wasn’t here. Perhaps they were too late... or maybe he was never here... reality hit Yoomin hard. This book, the paper, the poem meant nothing; there was absolutely no message behind it. It was Yoomin’s denial mind that had invented a foolish coded message. Of course Yoochun wouldn’t answer, he would never answer back. Because he wasn’t there to do it anymore. The stomach of the girl turned, she jerked and vomiting of bile down. She felt Yun coming to stand beside her. Once her spasms calmed down she turned to Yun, lost in despair.


"He died... Yun, he is really dead!"


She dropped to the ground in the mud, crying, gasping, , and yelling her pain. The man took her in his arms in an attempt to comfort this poor broken heart, but his tears also mingled with the rain.


***


The days passed, Yoomin remained in bed without moving, stoic, lifeless. It was Yun who always feed her. He had to be spilled between the clan, who found themselves without a boss when Mr. Park fell into depression over the death of his only son, and between the other clans who leered on their weaknesses. But he always found time to visit her and look after her. One day he ordered her to go take a shower. Yoomin tried to rise, but fell immediately; she was weak, so weak. Yun took her in his arms and brought her into the bathroom. He lay on the floor and made the bathtub sink. Once the tub was filled he undressed Yoomin while leaving her underwear. She didn’t stop him. Then he picked her up and laid her in hot water. With gentle movements he began to wash, soaping her hair gently and the rest of her body. There was no abuse of her body; he had the softness of a brother. Once finished he put on new clothes before Yoomin and told her to get dressed. But what was the use of getting dress? She had nowhere to go, she won’t go anywhere, never again... she would let herself die in here. 

When Yunjoong saw the girl on the ground half , he shook her.


"How long do you plan on being a zombie! I thought you were better than Milianna while now you behave exactly like her! "


His words were a shock to Yoomin a shock that has brought her head out of the waters of despair. It was true that she had promised never to let anything, like what Milianna’ve done, happen to her. But then please someone has to tell her how she was supposed to go on, living without the man she loved. She had lost all her loved ones and now she once again found herself alone. Except that Yoochun had unlearned her to be alone and to live without love. She only had one tiny thread of hope... Yunjoong.
A month had passed. The girl had perked up and was now able to do everything alone. She spent most of her time with Yun, only leaving him when he was working. At no time did he abuse the girl; he behaved like a big brother. He talked to her, making the conversation, even if Yoomin didn’t answered anything, it seems she had fallen into mutism, he read for her and would take her for a walk from time to time. To show him her gratitude she began to cook, making sure he wouldn’t skip meals, with all the work he had to straighten the affairs of the clan. She took care of the house and was also taken care of Mr Park, who was seriously ill recently sick with sadness. She and Yun helped each other and progressively they became very close, after all they were a family.
One evening Yoomin couldn’t sleep. Seeking solace she went to Yun’s office, where he always was. But the office was empty. She went to his room to see if he was sleeping, but the bed was empty too. Perhaps he was out... The girl was returning to her room when she heard the sound of muffled voices. It came from the basement. Curious, she walked down the steps. There was a light filtering of a room, the cell that had been her in her early days here. Now that she was closer she could hear several voices. Without a sound she slipped behind the door to better hear what was being said, she recognized Yunjoong’s voice and another one that she would recognize among billions, and she had hoped to never hear again.


"It wasn’t what we agreed on, Jae! "


"Things change! "


"You said you would leave her alone, that nothing bad would be done to her." Almost begged Yun.


"She is a dead weight; she became a real vegetable after his. Why is it that you want to protect her so bad? "


"I promised it! "


"You promised to who? To Chunnie?" Jae said sarcastically. "Oh... I see... So you wanted the girl..."


"What? "


"This is why you have so easily betrayed and killed your own brother, you didn’t only want to take his place as heir to the clan but you wanted his girlfriend, just as with Milianna! "


Yoomin nearly choked. "Betrayed and killed his own brother"? The only brother Yun had... Yoochun...!


"You have it all wrong kid." Yun replied. "I killed Yoochun because I wanted my rightful place, that's all. And now with The Ice Father disqualified too, there is nothing between me and this family’s money. "


"You’re forgetting us."


"I had a deal with you. The deal was that I got rid of Yoochun and we did half and half of the hotel and bar. "


"Yes, but the girl wasn’t part of the contract." Jae replied annoyed.


"You've already had your personal vengeance, Jae. She isn’t a threat, so don’t you dare touching her. "


Jae taken an amused tone, playing almost as if to ease the situation.


"I’m telling you this as your business partner. This girl is your weakness and she will cost you very much. "


"I've heard that somewhere. But care for her, so leave her alone."


"As you wish. But Yoochun also cared for her and look where it has led."


Jae's voice became closer and before Yoomin had time to hide the door opened, discovering her in the eyes of the four men in the room, Jae and his two bodyguards and Yun. For a moment everything remained suspended in time, everyone looked at each other trying to understand the situation. Then everything happened very quickly. In one fluid motion Yoomin managed to dodge Jae who tried to grab her and ran down the stairs. She had to get out of this house, she had to flee. She rushed into the corridor but hands grabbed her legs causing her to fall backwards. No, she couldn’t let them catch her otherwise she would suffer the same as Yoochun. She struggled sending kicked blindly, biting and clawing at everything around her. But the two guys were too strong for her. They grabbed her firmly and lifted her from the ground as if she was a common rag doll and brought her into Yun’s office. They made her sit on a chair facing Jae, who had a predatory smile and Yun who seemed perplexed and annoyed. They didn’t take the trouble to tie the girl; they knew she was going nowhere.


"Well, well, what have we here?" Jae said. "So you’re eavesdropping now?"


Yoomin gave him a dark glare; at that moment she hoped that looks could have the power to kill someone. Jae approached and raised his hand to the girl's face.


"I must admit that I missed your character. "


It was Yun who stopped his hand before he could touch her.


"Stop playing Jae. We ended our conversation, you can go now. I'll take care of it. "


"And how are you planning to do that? She heard everything and she knows who is responsible for the death of her fiancé. She hates you now. How are you going to keep shut?"


"I’ll make my case. She won’t say anything. "


But Jae didn’t let go.


"This is not something to take lightly. I have no interest in my father learning by your personal e, my relationship with you. If he came to know we would be both screwed."


So Jae was not doing this on the orders of his father. He and Yun were plotting to be the head of each clan and conclude a financial covenant. With Mr Park out of the picture, there was Jae’s dad left, and if he came to know his son’s ambitions, he would destroy them right on. How long exactly did they plan all this? Is the letter she had received to get away from the city was Micky’s? Or was he already dead at that time, and it was a way to avoid suspicion? Yoochun ... he died in the middle of all this for nothing, for absolutely nothing. He had never wanted to have anything to do with the affairs of the clan; he was involved with it because he had to. But he found her and he was ready to give up everything to get away with her. They should have left when the opportunity was presented. Why had she insisted on good principles? If she hdn’t been so silly, Yoochun would be alive at the moment, and they would be far from here now living a happy life. But, no. She was locked up surrounded by people who wanted her dead.


"I know what's at stake. So now, get lost. "


Jae approached Yun, threatening.


"I think you don’t have the balls to do it. Why don’t you let me do it for you? "


At that time he pulled a gun of his jeans and pointed it at Yoomin. Yun jumped on Jae to prevent him to fire and the two began to fight. Yoomin didn’t waste any time, she took advantage of a moment of inattention of the bodyguards to rush on the knife that one of them had around the waist. With a quick movement she used the crosses knife to hit with all her strength the face of the man on her right. She heard a disgusting crack sound, meaning that it had broken the man's nose, and then he fell back stunned by the blow. The one from who she had stolen the knife wasn’t long to respond. He tried to grab the girl by the arm, but she ran him like water in his hands. Destabilized by his movement, the man fell forward, Yoomin then took the chair she was sitting on and threw it on the back of her assailant. The man fell to the ground and didn’t rise up. Her speed and agility surprised her, but she could only thank the heavens and count it as luck. There were only Jae and Yun left fighting to recover the gun that was dropped. Yoomin should have run out of the room and let this two vermin killing each other. But she couldn’t. Her hatred of the two was such that she couldn’t bring herself to leave. Yun fell on Jae to prevent him from reaching the gun that was inches away from him, which slid the gun at Yoomin’s feet. She dropped the knife and took the weapon in the hands pointing to the two men on the ground. They froze instantly. Yun spoke to her with a conservative voice.


"It's good Yoomin, calm down. I'll explain everything that's not what you think ... "


"Do not say another word or I'll kill you." She said in a calm voice.


Yunjoong seemed as surprised as her that her voice had returned to her suddenly. She wasn’t afraid, she was calm, almost serene. Yun and Jae stood up carefully.


"Look, you're wrong. We are only using Jae, we didn’t think it would go that far... You have to trust me. Remember what I told you in the car that day? How you would change things? Well, you changed me, as you changed Yoochun. I love you like my own sister, I would never do anything to hurt you!"


He used the opportunity of his speech to a take few cautious steps towards Yoomin, but she had noticed and she charged the weapon. Yun stood stopped, with a pleading look.


"Don’t do something you'll regret later. Put the gun down! "


She didn’t move.


"You were right about the poem..."


Suddenly he had the full attention of the girl. She looked surprised.


"You were right, we just got there too soon!"


Taking advantage of a millisecond of Yoomin hesitation, Jae rushed on her to take the weapon. She didn’t have time to shoot and was powered by the window to land in the small garden. Yoomin had the view blurred, she had hit her head hard against the ground, but on top of that she had pieces of glass all over her forearms and legs.

She could smell blood all around her, so intoxicating she had trouble breathing. Her blood. She was bleeding to death. Because of the rapid blood loss she was unable to stand and couldn’t see any of the two men, but she could always hear them. Her head was spinning. She took a deep breath to try to leave this veil before the eyes. When her vision finally came to normal she saw Jae pointing the gun at her again. Someone stepped between her and the shot and fell at her side, dead or injured she didn’t know. Then she fainted.

_________

Next chapter will be the last one…

I hope you enjoyed the chapter, please tell me your mind!

Thank you again and forever for those who supported me on this fic!!!

Kisses!<3