The Past: Oh my savior!

The Past

ANN’S POV:

“Ms. Ann?” a voiced called from outside my room. “Yes?” I said as I

stood up from my bed and opened the door. “Yes? What is it Manang Linda?”

I asked. “Someone’s waiting for you outside.” She said. “Who is it?” I asked.

“They guy who brought you to the hospital after the accident.” She answered.

“Oh! My savior?” I thought to myself. “Okay. I’m coming.” I said as I went back in my

room and fixed myself. I went down and saw the guy’s back. “Hi?” I said. He turned

back to me and I saw his angelic and charming face. “Oh! Hi!” he answered. “Uhm,

I just wanted to know if you’re already fine.” He continued. “I’m perfectly fine now.

Thanks for the concern.” I said. “Oh. It’s nothing.” He said. “I must have thanked you as well.”

He said. Those words he just said confused me.

“Why is he thanking me when in fact he is the one who saved my life?” I asked myself.

“You might be thinking why I have thanked you? Well, you saved my life as well.” He blurted.

“How come?” I asked as I signaled him to sit down. He sat on the couch and I sat beside him.

“Well, honestly, I planned to commit suicide that time.” He started.

“But my plan failed when I saw you on the road.” He continued. “What?”

I exclaimed. I saw people around but nobody has a car to drive you to the hospital.

They were just waiting for the ambulance to come.” He said. “So you offered to bring me to the hospital. Right?”

I asked. “Yes I did.” He answered. “But how could you say that I was the reason why your plan failed?”

I asked. “Firstly, you were there on the road blocking my way and second is…”

he paused for a moment and spoke again. “Because when we arrived in the hospital,

the nurses tried to contact your mom and when she came, she was with your friends.

They were crying a lot. I told myself that I cannot leave my family and love ones like this.”

He said. “If you wouldn’t mind? Why did you plan to commit suicide?” I asked out of curiosity.

“My girlfriend left me.” he said. “Is that all?” I exclaimed. I then realized that it was so rude

of me saying those to him. “Oh. I’m sorry.” I apologized. “No it’s fine. You’re right!

Taking my life just because my girlfriend left me isn’t a big thing. I’m thankful  that I’ve

realized it ahead of time. Thanks to you.” He said. “Well we both owe each other.” I said.

“Yep.” He said. “Oh wait, by the way, I’m Ivan Dorschner.” He said as he handed his hand to me.

“Ann Li.” I said as I reached his hands. “I’d better go. You need to take some rest.” He said.

“Oh. I’m fine.” I said. “Well uhm, if you wouldn’t mind, can I still visit you here?” he asked.

"Oh sure! You’re welcome here Ivan.” I said. “Thanks Ann.” He said.

“Oh by the way. Can I have your number? I just need someone to talk to about life?”

he said as he flushed a cute smile. “Sure! But wait, I have to get my phone.

I can’t memorized my number yet.” I said. “Wait for me here.” I told him. “Okay.”

He said. I ran to my room and got my phone. I went back and gave him my number.

“Okay. I have to leave now. Bye Ann.” He said. “Okay bye.” I said as I waved to him. He

already has left the house when I heard my phone rang. “Hello?” I asked after seeing

the caller’s number was foreign to me. “Save this number Ann.” The voice said as he

hung up the phone. I recognized the voice which was from Ivan. I saved his number and

went back to my room. I sat down in front of the piano and tried to play some tone.

Suddenly, I heard the doorbell rang. A moment later, I heard someone knocking my door.

I opened it and saw Manang Linda again. “Is that Ivan?” I asked. “No ma’am. It’s sir James.”

she said in a croaky voice. “Are you okay Manang? Why is your voice like that?” I asked.

“No ma’am I’m fine I gotto go ahead. I still have to do in the kitchen.” She said. “Okay Manang.”

I said as I headed to the living room. When I went out, I saw no one. I heard a car’s engine

growling away from the mansion. “Wait!” I said. “Ma’am?” Manang Linda called.

“He told me that he’ll see you soon. He has a problem in their house.” She said. “I see.”

Was all I was able to say. I retuned back into my room and sat down in my bed.

“I’ve heard of that name before. James?” I said. Out of my curiosity, I got my phone and called Fretzie.

“Hello?” she asked. “Fretz!” I said. “Ann? Why did you call? You need something?” she asked.

“Uhm yah. I just want to meet you at the mall at 3 o’clock. I sit okay?” I asked. “Okay. See you there!”

she said. “Okay, gotta call Jenny as well. Bye.” I said as I hung the phone. I called Jenny as well

and she agreed as well. I took a shower and fixed myself. I asked our driver to drive for me to the

mall. I arrived at the mall 10 minutes before the said time. It was already 3 o’ clock but Fretzie and

Jenny wasn’t there yet. I took my phone and called Jenny. “Jenny? Where are you?” I asked.

"Coming Ann. Where here in the parking lot. Anyways, where exactly are you?” she asked.

“Coffee shop in front of the department store.” I said. “Okay we’re coming.” She said. I

waited for a moment then they came with a Korean looking guy. “Ann!” they called. “Jen! Fretz!” I

called as well. “Sorry for being late, we waited for Ryan to drive us here.” Fretzie said.

“Oh by the way Ann, this is Ryan our friend.” Jenny said. “Hi Ryan.” I said.

“I’m sure you can’t remember me, and so I’ll give you a glimpse of myself.”

He started. He cleared his throat and spoke again. “I am Ryan Bang. Your

personal driver, bodyguard, delivery boy, tutor and many more.” he said. I

laughed and so as Fretzie and Jenny. “Hahaha take your seats guys!” I said.

They sat down their seats while giving me a weird look. “Guys I just want to know something.”

I said. “What is it Ann?” Jenny asked. “Who is James? I’ve dreamt about him before

but I couldn’t remember what he looked like or what my dream was about. And

this morning, he came by our house. But when I was about to talk to him, he already left.” I said. “Oh James is

already here?” Jenny exclaimed. “Why? Who is he? Is he also my friend?” I

asked. “He’s your….” Ryan said when Jenny covered his mouth. “What is it Ryan?”

I asked. “Don’t mind him Ann. Well. Your asking about James? James is our friend.

He went to the U.S almost a month ago as well.” Jenny explained. “Really? I see.”

I said. “Is that all you wanted to know?” Fretzie asked. “Well yah uhm. And how ‘bout Devon?”

I asked. “I’ve dreamt about her as well. Is she our friend too?” I asked. There was

a short silence between the four of us. Suddenly, Jenny broke it out and spoke.

“If you ever meet that Devon, never trust he again Ann.”  “But why?” I asked.

“Just trust me Ann.” Jenny replied. “Okay.” I said as I pouted. “Okay, let’s just shop girls.”

Fretzie suggested. “Can I just wait for you in the car?” Ryan asked.

“No! you should carry our shopping bags. You’ll be our personal helper today.” Jenny said.

“What?” Ryan protested. Jenny glared at him which made me laugh and so as Fretzie.

“Okay fine!” he said. We roam around the mall and shop. It was already 7 o’clock in

the evening when we decided to go home. “Ann aren’t you gonna come with us?”

Jenny asked. “No I’m fine. My driver’s coming to fetch me.” I said. “Okay. Bye Ann.”

They said in unison as the car left. While I was waiting for my driver, I felt my phone

vibrating. It was a phone call from my mom. “Hello mom?” I said. “Ann, can you just

ride with your friends? I’m having a meeting and I need the driver to drive for me.”

she said. “Oh no! they already left! What should I do?” I asked myself. “It’s okay mom.

I will bye mom.” I said to keep cool. “What am I gonna do?” I whispered to myself when

suddenly someone called me behind. “Ann? Is that you?” the voice asked. “Ivan?” I said.

“What are you doing here?” he asked. “Oh I just met with my friends, I was waiting for my

driver to come but I just knew that he’ll be driving my mom to a meeting. I guess I have

to find a taxi cab.” I explained. “Well, let me offer you a ride?” he said. “No I’m fine. I’ll just

take a cab.” I dejectedly said. “No I insist.” He said. “Well, thanks.” I said. We headed to his

car at the other side of the parking lot. He opened the door for me and I went in. “Thanks.”

I said. He just answered me with a cute smile. He ran to the other side of the door and

went in the car. He started the engine and drives me home. The whole trip to my house was

so interesting. We’ve talked about a lot of things about him. I just have shared a little

portion of mine because I couldn’t remember things. “She must be so blind to leave you

all alone.” I said. “I wished she could see me the way you see me.” he said as he faced

to me then back to the road. There was complete silence after that. I felt awkward with the

silence. Good thing, he broke it up and spoke, “Wanna hang out tomorrow?” he asked.

“Uhm, sure!” I said. “Okay.” He said as I realized we are already in front of our gate.

“Thanks for the ride.” I said. “No problem.” He said as he went out his car and opened

the door for me. “Thank you. Anyways, wanna come in?” I invited. “Oh no. thank you. I

have to go ahead.” He said. “Okay.” I replied. “So I’ll just call you tomorrow okay?” he asked.

“Sure.” I said. “Okay. Bye. “ he said as he went to the other side of his car and opened it.

He started the engine and drove his car. He raised his hand as a signal for a goodbye.

“Goodbye!” I exclaimed. I stepped in nearer the gate and it opened by itself.

I went in the mansion and headed to my room. I did my thing after that and changed

into my sleeping attire and went to bed. Before I fell asleep, I received a message from Ivan.

[Good night. Sleep tight. Sweet dreams.!] I replied to his message as well,

[Good night as well. Sweet dreams. J] After a moment, I fell asleep, but I could still feel the

smile that was drawn into my face after Ivan texted.