The Past: James' approval

The Past

JAMES’ POV:

I drove back to the Li’s house to check on Ann. When I arrived there,

I only saw the maids. “Is Ann already here?” I asked a maid. “She’s not yet here sir.”

She said. Suddenly, a beep from a car was heard. We saw a car outside who kept on

blowing its horn. “Can you open the gate for him?” I asked the made. The made came

running and pressed on a card on a machine. The gate then opened by itself. The car

came in and I realized, it was Ivan’s car. Ivan went down his car, ran to the other side and

got Ann who was I guess asleep. “What happened?” I asked as I checked on Ann. “She

fell asleep in my car. I guess she was just tired.” He said as he was carrying Ann in a bridal style.

“What did they do then? Why is she this tired?” I asked myself. “Oh I guess you’re tired as well.

Let me bring her to her room.” I said. “I guess I should just carry her there. We might wake her up.”

He said. “Ivan! What are you trying to do?” I asked myself. “Okay.” I said in defeat. “Follow me.”

I said as I headed him to Ann’s room. When we were there, Ivan laid her down carefully as if she

was something so fragile. I felt sharp pain once again after seeing him doing that. “Good night Ann.”

I heard him say as he stood up. He looked at me and spoke. “Can we talk?” he asked.

We decided to go to a bar. We drove ourselves to the bar where we used to meet.

When we arrived there we took some drinks and started the conversation.

“So, what do you want us to talk about?” I asked. “Ann.” He said plainly. “What about her?”

I asked. “You’re not into Ann are you?” he asked as he looked at me seriously

while waiting for me to answer. Instead of answering, I gave out a smirk. “James.”

he called my attention. This time I looked at him waiting for his next words.

“She have remembered something awhile ago.” He said. “What? Ann already got back her memory?”

I thought to myself. I remained cool and asked him, “Really? That’s great.” I said.

“She cried her heart out after remembering about it. That is why she fell asleep in my car.”

He said then gulped his drink. “She..she cried?” I asked and this time,

I was already nervous on what he was suppose to say next.

“She remembered the time when she felt embarrassed after thinking you asked

her to dance but it was another girl whom you asked and it wasn’t her.”

he said as he took another gulp on his drink. I looked at him and back to my drink.

I tried to remember what happened that time.

FLASHBACK

 “Would you like to dance? *James asking Devon to dance*”
“Yeah su… *Ann thought it was her James wanted to dance with. She was cut off when she saw James holding Devon’s hands as they walked to the dance floor. Though James heard Ann, he didn’t bother.*”

…………………………………………………………………………………………….

“Where is Ann? *James asked after he and Devon came back from dancing. *”
“She’s not feeling well. She has to go. *Fretzie said as she took a sip on her drink.*”
“Why didn’t she tell me? Who took her home? *James asked worriedly.*”

“Cause you were so busy James. Don’t worry Patrick took her home. *Jenny said obviously irritated.*”

END OF FLASH BACK.

“Damn it!” I said which caught Ivan’s attention. “James.” he said. “I.. I..” he uttered.

“What is it?” I asked. “I wanted to court Ann.” He blurted. “What? Did he just say that?

He wanted to court Ann?” I thought to myself. It seems like I was feeling jealousy.

But why? I don’t feel anything for Ann. Why would I feel that? “Are you sure?” I asked him.

“I told her I would ask permission to you.” He said. “Wait. I thought you asked Ann

to pretend to be your girl for the sake of getting Tricia back? What is this Ivan?” I yelled.

Before he could answer I spoke once again. “You didn’t succeed, did you?” I asked with

a fierce look on him. “I didn’t. She’s getting married.” He said referring to Tricia. “This is a

piece of  sh*t Ivan! You want to use Ann for your sake? You want to use her to forget Tricia?

How could you!” I yelled. This time I stood up from my seat which causes it to fall.

“James it’s not that..” he said as I walked out. “James! James!” he called but I didn’t bother to listen.

I drove home feeling angry at everything he said. I just felt that I should be protective on Ann by

this time. I couldn’t afford Ann to get hurt once again. Ivan’s my friend but he couldn’t use

Ann for his sake. Somehow I felt betrayed by him. He knows that Ann was supposed to be my fiancé.

She’s also my best friend.  How could he take her away just like that? “Why am I this mad?

I know Ivan was sincere with all he said. But why am I acting like a stubborn kid? Am I mad

because of Ivan taking advantage on Ann? Or am I mad because Ivan must be falling for Ann?”

I thought to myself.  “James don’t let this things happen!” I warned myself as I sped off.