7

It Began With A Bet

 

“ing finally!” Kai screamed into the air when he was finally out the car and stretching his tired legs. They were all packing out the vehicle and getting out the stuff they brought with them.

“I told you so, it’s too small.” Chanyeol reminded Kai.

“Shut the up.” Kai retorted.

“Jongin, fix your language!” Kyungsoo chided his -always cursing- boyfriend.”Ahhh..it feels so good to be back.” He stretched his arms and inhaled the fresh air around them. Kai went up to Kyungsoo and gave him a back hug then kissed his cheek.

“Come on, pick up the things with us!” Sehun yelled.”I’m not doing all this and neither is Luhannie.”

Baekhyun took a moment to examine his surroundings. It was indeed beautiful and he absolutely loved it. It was a lot like the woods except the trees were much smaller and much less. Grass was almost everywhere and it was very clean. There was also a bunch of bushes, some even had flowers and Baekhyun couldn’t keep his eyes off of them. He winced in surprise when he felt something grab his hand but relaxed when he realized it was Chanyeol.

Chanyeol was holding his hand again and it felt as glorious as the first time he did, a few days ago. They began walking in the grass, with the other four leading. It only took them about two minutes until they were in a more comfortable area. Sehun and Luhan immediately began spreading the mats on the ground, placing big rocks on the corners for them to stay in place. Baekhyun wanted to go help them but he didn’t know how to tell Chanyeol or how he was going to let go of the younger’s hand. As soon as they finished with the mats Chanyeol walked over, pulling Baekhyun with him, he plopped down on the soft cloths.

“Are we going to play or eat first?” Kai asked his boyfriend.

“We’re going to play, Jongin.” Kyungsoo gave him a look.”All you think about is food. Gosh.”

“No, I don’t baby! I think about you, too!” Kai exclaimed and hugged Kyungsoo as they settled on the ground.”More than food. More than anything.”


“So, we are going to play Sliders first.”Luhan said, taking out the game board with a victorious smile.”Sehunnie is the best in this and we are gonna take you down.”

“Right Sehunnie?” Luhan the younger’s chin.

“Oh yeah we’re gonna win!”

“You don’t have to be alone anymore, Chanyeol.” Luhan said.”Baekhyun can be your partner.”

With that said, they began the game and as predicted Sehun and Luhan won all the rounds. They changed from one game to another for two whole hours and luckily Baekhyun and Chanyeol won some while Kyungsoo and Kai were having much trouble. Baekhyun laughed at their random but really funny jokes and he communicated more, not seeming like he was mute anymore.

“Yes!!” Chanyeol yelled and punched the air with his fist in happiness. He and Baekhyun won the final round and he couldn’t be any more happier. The other four were groaning and complaining of their loss while Baekhyun clapped his hands together, much like a 5 year old.

Chanyeol suddenly scooped him into a tight hug and shook the smaller from side to side. Baekhyun froze and finally after what seemed like long long hours, Chanyeol slid his arms off Baekhyun. The younger glanced down at Baekhyun and there was the pretty blush again, but it was accompanied by a beautiful breathtaking smile this time. Now, Chanyeol thought, he couldn’t be any more happier.


“Okay, enough with the playing!” Kyungsoo clapped his hands twice to get everyone’s attention.”Let’s eat!”

Each one of them got a mini chicken sandwich made by none other than Kyungsoo. Of course.

“So Baekhyun?” Luhan began as he bit in his sandwhich.”Tell us about yourself since you’re actually talking to us now.”

“Umm..” Baekhyun didn’t know what to tell them exactly.”I…enjoy reading and other things…” he trailed off, staring at his sandwich which he had to admit, was beyond delicious.

Luhan laughed.”No silly. Tell us what you like and what you dislike and where you came from and your living sta-“

“Stop investigating him, hyung.” Chanyeol cut in Luhan.

The older gave him a y look.”Just cause you know about him, doesn’t mean I’m not supposed to.”

Chanyeol would of responded to that if he wasn’t busy pondering. What the hell was Luhan saying, Chanyeol almost knew nothing about Baekhyun. He was one stupid boyfriend.

“Do you live with your parents?” Luhan asked.

Baekhyun swallowed his bite then answered.”No, they’re constantly traveling. It’s been about four years since they began.”

“You’re still in contact with them, right?” Kyungsoo questioned.

Baekhyun responded with a nod.

“I guess we’re all the same then except Sehunnie, he lives with his parents.”

“Yeah, he still needs mama and papa.” Kai said, obviously teasing the younger.

“Shut up.” Sehun retorted. He doesn’t even stay at home, 60% of the time he stays with Luhan and Kai knows that because his apartment is right above Luhan’s.

“If you didn’t have Kyungsoo you’d be with your parents too. I’m going to turn 18 in a few weeks and move out anyway.”

“Yeah, whatever.” Kai ignored him and instead, he turned to Kyungsoo to ask for another sandwich. He gets another, he ate it and he enjoyed it, then he asked for a third.

“No, two per each person only.” Kyungsoo refused and his eyes softened when he saw Kai sulk sadly.”But you can have your ice cream now.”

“But I want a chicken sandwich.”

“I’ll make you more at home.” Kyungsoo nearly whispered in Kai’s ear. Oh, how Kim Jongin made him feel when he was all sulky and gloomy.”Just eat your ice cream for now, okay.”


“We have ice cream too!” Chanyeol the official ice cream lover shouted.”Gimme..gimme.” he reached out for the cooler, where he was assuming his favorite sweet would be. And there they were, different flavored ice cream in small cups. He grabbed two cups and two spoons with him and crawled back to his spot, beside Baekhyun.

“Kai, you can have my second sandwich. I don’t want it.” Chanyeol told the younger who was beaming in happiness.”Baekhyun and I are gonna go somewhere real quick.”

Chanyeol stood up and pulled Baekhyun gently to stand beside him. Baekhyun was honestly confused but also excited for some reason. His heart was going at a much faster pace from Chanyeol’s fingers intertwined with his own and also that in a minute, they would be alone again.

“Where are you going to go?” Luhan snapped his head up and questioned with squinted eyes.

“Somewhere.” Chanyeol replied with a smile, stepping away from his friends, Baekhyun still by his side.”We’ll be back soon.”

The four watched as Chanyeol and Baekhyun walked to the right and disappeared behind some trees.

“Where the is he taking him?”

“I don’t know but we shouldn’t bother them. And Jongin, your language. Fix it.”

“I wonder what they’ll do when they go wherever they’re going.”

“I’m following them. Anyone with me?”

“I’m doing whatever you do Luhannie.”Sehun said.

“I want to know. I’m coming.” Kai answered.

“Guys! Give them some privacy.” Kyungsoo chided.”That’s really rude of y-“

“Oh come on, don’t you want to see what Chanyeol is up to?” Luhan was obviously trying to lure Kyungsoo in their plan.”…and how romantic he is with Baekhyun, and where he’s taking him, and what they’ll do, an-“

“Okay fine!” Kyungsoo raised his hands in front of him for Luhan to stop with the devilish talking.”But if they start making out, we leave.”

“Okay.”Luhan shrugged.”Although, I do want to now if he’s a good kisser.”

“Hey!” Sehun pouted.”Are my kisses not good?”

“No Sehunnie!” Luhan defended himself.”I’m not saying that, you’re amazing of course, but I just want to know if he can please Baekhyun.”


All four boys took their ice cream cups and followed very silently the trail Chanyeol had took. It wasn’t hard following because it was only one way but they stopped when there suddenly was two turns. Just two turns, they wouldn’t know which one the new couple went. None of the four seemed to even recognize this area, never remembered even being there.

“Okay, now we don’t know.” Kyungsoo mumbled.

Their eyes wandered from the right to the left turn.

“How about, ” Luhan narrowed his eyes.”Sehun and I will go to the right and you guys go to the left. And if we don’t find them we’ll come to you and vice versa. Okay?”

“Sounds good with me.” Kai said then held Kyungsoo’s hand to lead him the way they were going to turn.


“You know baby, I think Chan-” Kai was cut off by Kyungsoo’s small hand.

“Shhh, they’re right there.”

“Well that was quick.” Kai muttered.

Kyungsoo pulled Kai behind some bushes and they got comfortable for spying mode. The couple was less than a mile away from them, they could only see but not hear, that’s if they were even talking in the first place. Kai laid down on his stomach and took out their ice cream.

“Might as well enjoy the show with delicious ice cream.” he muttered as he opened Kyungsoo’s cup for him.

“How come we don’t know of this place?” Kyungsoo whispered.”It’s so beautiful, and I thought where we stay all the time was stunning.”

His big round eyes searched the new founded place, didn’t even bother to eat his ice cream, so Kai fed him instead. The place, well, hill was full of bright green grass, flowers nearly everywhere. It wasn’t a big hill, it was a small but very beautiful one. The variety of colors coming from the flowers nearly blinded Kyungsoo. He on his ice cream and watched as Chanyeol led Baekhyun through the flowers and long grass.

“There you are!”

Kyungsoo jumped.”Shhh!! They’re gonna hear you. Sit and stay quiet.”

“Wow, Kyungsoo.” Luhan chuckled. ”It seems like you’re into this more than us.”

“Well, if you look in front of you, you’ll see why.” Kyungsoo whispered sharply.”Now get down before we’re busted.”

“Oh my gosh, this place is amazing.” Luhan widened his eyes as he lied on the ground along with Sehun.

“Have they kissed yet?” Sehun asked.

“No, they haven’t.” Kyungsoo answered quietly.”They’ve only been walking, that’s all.”


***

“Are you sure we’re not going to fall?” Baekhyun asked again as Chanyeol pulled him a little higher up the small hill.

“No, this hill isn’t steep, it just seems like it. I won’t let you fall anyway, trust me.”

Baekhyun glanced at Chanyeol’s face, he was smiling brightly at him.”Okay, I trust you.”

“Alrighty, we’re sitting here.” Chanyeol pointed at the ground, where there wasn’t much flowers for them to crush. They sat down, their legs only inches apart as they opened their almost melted ice cream.

Chanyeol scooped the spoon in and stuffed the cold sweet in his awaiting mouth.”You know….I haven’t shown anyone this place, well except for the guy I rented to plant the flowers and take care of them.”

Chanyeol glanced at Baekhyun who was touching a bright red flower near him.

“I’ve been waiting for this, ” Chanyeol said.”, the day I take that one special person here, to make it our place.”

Baekhyun turned his head towards Chanyeol, only to find the younger staring at him with such softness, he almost melted with his ice cream.

Did Chanyeol just call him ‘that one special person’?

His heart was racing in his chest and he couldn’t help but smile.”It’s beautiful.” The only words he managed to say as he was trying to calm his racing heart.

Your smile is beautiful. Chanyeol thought.

“Oh! Look!” Baekhyun pointed in the air.”A butterfly!”

Chanyeol looked up, indeed there was a butterfly, a big light purple one. Baekhyun got to his feet and tried to catch it but it flew a bit higher so then he couldn’t reach it. He tried jumping to get it but it was to no use. Chanyeol chuckled and stood up to help Baekhyun. He was going to catch the butterfly for Baekhyun no matter what, the advantages of being tall with large hands really helped him. They both sat back down and Baekhyun immediately examined the butterfly in Chanyeol’s hands, his eyes nearly sparkling in amazement.

“Do you like butterflies?” Chanyeol whispered as his eyes never left Baekhyun’s face, which was super close to his, Chanyeol was able to smell that intoxicating odor from Baekhyun`s hair.

“It’s my favorite insect.” Baekhyun nodded.”This one is the first I see this spring. They were all hiding from me this year.”

“Why would they hide from you?” Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows.

“Because I…kinda crushed one last year by accident…..so now they don’t want me.” Baekhyun said sadly.

“Well, I think they’re dumb to not want you.” Chanyeol replied matter of factly.

 

“Our ice cream is melting.” Baekhyun said and pulled away from Chanyeol’s personal space.”Just let it go.”

Chanyeol opened his hands for the butterfly to fly away. It did fly but it stopped on a flower in front of the two boys, just sitting there, as if it was spying on them.


“Baekhyun? Can I ask you something?” Chanyeol began, slightly afraid that he might get Baekhyun angry with him.

Baekhyun looked up to Chanyeol with big questioning eyes.”Mmhm, sure..”

Chanyeol relaxed then asked.”Why don’t you hang out with anyone? You know, like a friend.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Ok, sorry for being tardy (again otl). No kiss yettt haha, but soon.

Just to give you a heads up I may not update for two weeks, I won`t be at home so it`s gonna be a bit hard. Sowwy, but I`m going through lots of things now, I hope you don`t mind.

And please give me your thoughts, they really do encourage me to keep writing!

Thanks! /kisses/

I LOVE MY LOVELY SUBSCIBERS AND SILENT READERS :)