11

It Began With A Bet

Chanyeol unlocked the door to his house then made room for Baekhyun to get in. The air surrounding them was much less intense and awkward after what had occurred in the car. Chanyeol decided to not open up anything they went through that night, he will eventually, just not now. Now all they needed was rest and no more yelling. And a few smiles, well at least Chanyeol needed Baekhyun’s.

"I’ll go take a quick shower." Chanyeol said as they walked further into his house."Make yourself at home."

And just like that Chanyeol climbed up the stairs to take his shower, leaving Baekhyun alone downstairs. He observed his surroundings to pass time, just a few feet from the hallway they had passed through was a living room. It had two white couches with orange pillows on them. A light brown coffee table was in the middle, on a fuzzy carpet that was similar colors, if not the same, as the couches. There was a wide flat screen tv placed on a wooden cabinet, that also had a few books and pictures on it. And lastly there was a window -not big nor small, just right- with white silky curtains hanging down elegantly.

Baekhyun sat down on one of the couches, it was so comfortable he was ready to sleep right on it, but that would be weird. As if someone just knocked his head back into reality, Baekhyun realized what was going on. Something unbelievable, something he couldn’t imagine happening thousands of years from now. But it was happening, he was actually in Chanyeol’s home and will be for a while. Chanyeol knew about his stalker. Chanyeol actually attempted to save him. Chanyeol wants to protect him. Chanyeol told him that he loved his smile. Chanyeol and none other than Chanyeol. Just the way Baekhyun dreamed of it to be. It seemed too good to be true.

Baekhyun got up to the cabinet and picked up the framed picture that was almost yelling for him to look at. In the picture there were two boys, one obviously Chanyeol, just from a few years back and the other Baekhyun had never seen before, looked a few years older than Chanyeol. Both of them were posing sillily to the camera, happiness beaming in their eyes. Baekhyun smiled as he traced Chanyeol’s features with his fingertips, admiring him.

"That’s my brother, if you were wondering." Baekhyun jumped at the voice that came from right behind him. How the hell did he not hear Chanyeol coming, he didn’t know.

"I miss him." Chanyeol whispered as Baekhyun listened, going back to looking at the picture."He’s working in Japan and married with two kids. If it wasn’t for his existence my parents would have never accepted me."

“You had problems too?" Baekhyun asked, surprised.

Chanyeol laughed lightly."Of course Baekhyun, no one passes without issues and tough times. I still get harassed by people till this day for my ual preference, but I can deal with them. It’s much much easier than before though."

Baekhyun nodded in agreement then set the picture back to its spot, he turned around to face Chanyeol. He laughed when he saw Chanyeol shining bright in yellow, just like himself.

"Now we’re both wearing them." Chanyeol chuckled and pulled Baekhyun’s hand into his."It’s getting late, let’s sleep.

Baekhyun let his eyes wander as Chanyeol led him to where, he didn’t know. He decided he could get used to Chanyeol’s house. It was much bigger than his so it would take a while. They passed the kitchen and a few closed rooms and up the stairs they went. The stairs weren’t huge, only about twenty steps and they were in front of a white well designed door, most likely Chanyeol’s bedroom.

Chanyeol opened the room and pulled Baekhyun in it. Baekhyun’s eyes went wide, the bedroom was almost three times bigger than his. Unlike the rest of the house, Chanyeol’s room was a bit darker with the wall and furniture colors. It was mostly black and white, a shiny clean black and white. Baekhyun actually liked it, a lot.

And then it hit him.

Was he going to sleep here?


With Chanyeol?

"This is the only bed in the house so we’ll have to share it."Chanyeol informed him as if he just read his mind."It’ll fit us."

"Do you need the bathroom or anything?" Chanyeol asked, trying to get Baekhyun to speak but Baekhyun was too busy trying to believe that he and Chanyeol were actually going to sleep together. Literally. No pun intended. But still, his mind wandered to that land, since when was he a ert?

Baekhyun blinked a few times then looked at Chanyeol."I like your room."

"Good, it’s my favorite place in the whole house." Chanyeol grinned.

"Umm..where’s the bathroom?" Baekhyun asked as he took in the details of the room.

Chanyeol pointed at a door Baekhyun hadn’t noticed before."Right there."

What Baekhyun used to always dream for as a kid, a bathroom in his own bedroom. Except this wasn’t his bedroom but he still liked that it had the bathroom in it. He thanked Chanyeol and walked to the bathroom to calm his mind and his heart which was impossible to do with Chanyeol near him.


Chanyeol jumped on his bed, waiting for Baekhyun. How unbelievable, just last night around this time he was missing and texting Baekhyun like crazy and now he had Baekhyun with him, in his house, in his bedroom. He was seriously not going to leave Baekhyun’s house earlier, without Baekhyun. He was determined to take him and he did just that. Chanyeol smiled at the thought of them spending their days together in his usually empty and cold house. He was sure he was going to make Baekhyun smile everyday because he deserved it. Chanyeol pondered about it for a minute; the way Baekhyun cried at the hill when he told him of Tao and the way he was horrified of what happened tonight. Baekhyun had been through a lot and he was all alone, no one to tell of his worries, no one to have his back, no one to care and no one to protect him.

But now, Chanyeol was determined to do all that and more. Anything for Baekhyun. Chanyeol was going to protect Baekhyun as if he was made out of glass. He won’t let anyone break Baekhyun, even himself.

He smiled at Baekhyun who just exited the bathroom. Chanyeol hadn’t really looked properly at Baekhyun in the pajamas since chaos was going on but now he took his precious time to admire how cute Baekhyun was in it. He saw the familiar tint of red across Baekhyun’s cheeks as he was standing in front of the bathroom, as if not knowing what he was doing. Chanyeol chuckled lowly.

"Come on." Chanyeol called out for him."Let’s sleep, it’s been a long day."

He watched the older shuffle towards the bed then stopped once he was right beside it. Baekhyun stayed still for about thirty seconds then climbed on the bed, keeping a distance between him and Chanyeol. Which was easy since the bed was so big. Chanyeol pulled the covers over them then lied down on his side, staring at Baekhyun struggling to get comfortable on the new bed that he was unfamiliar with.

After he was finally settled Chanyeol smiled at him."Finally comfortable?"

Baekhyun blushed."Yeah….your bed is really….umm…fluffy."

Chanyeol turned around for a second to turn off the lamp then he turned to face Baekhyun again. The only source of light was the moon that was beaming through the window and thanks to it Chanyeol was still able to see Baekhyun’s face. Baekhyun had closed his eyes already after muttering a good night to Chanyeol.

"Good night to you too." Chanyeol responded as his eyes never left Baekhyun’s face. After a few minutes Chanyeol reached a long arm out towards Baekhyun, placing his hand over Baekhyun’s soft hand. He was surprised but overly happy when Baekhyun connected their hands, curling their fingers together, making Chanyeol’s heart melt.

Chanyeol, for the first time in long long years fell asleep smiling.


***

"Good morning." Chanyeol whispered to the sleepy Baekhyun who was clinging tightly on him. Baekhyun somehow in the night rolled over all the way to Chanyeol’s side and ended up lying on Chanyeol’s body. His head was buried in the crook of Chanyeol’s long neck, hair tickling the smooth skin.

He waited for the older boy to wake up completely, watching as Baekhyun squirmed on top of him, humming softly. Baekhyun nuzzled his nose languidly on Chanyeol’s shirt making Chanyeol chuckle at his extreme cuteness. He finally lifted his head and opened his eyes just slightly and after finally realizing the position he was in, Baekhyun gasped and panicked, trying to get away from Chanyeol but instead ended up falling off the bed with a shriek, startling the younger boy.

"Oh ! Baekhyun!" Chanyeol sat up and jumped off the bed."Are you okay?"

"Ow.." Baekhyun muttered, rubbing his hip and his eyes at the same time."I think."

"You scared me." Chanyeol breathed out.

"S-sorry."

Chanyeol smiled then repeated his previous words."Now, good morning."

"Good morning." Baekhyun replied hoarsely, his cheeks burning from embarrassment.

They both got up from the floor and just stood there, looking at nothing and everything for a minute.

"What time is it?" Baekhyun asked, finally looking at Chanyeol.

"Umm.." Chanyeol checked his watch."10:30."

"What?" Baekhyun widened his eyes.

"Relax, it’s not like we have school or anything." Chanyeol chuckled.

"I know..but, it’s just really late."Baekhyun said.

"I’m going to the bathroom." He mumbled as he quickly pulled out his toothbrush and some clothes from his bag.

"Umm, Baekhyun?" Chanyeol called out for him.

"Hmm?"

"Can we stay in our pajamas? I don’t want to take them off just yet." Chanyeol felt dumb for asking that but he couldn’t help it, he didn’t want Baekhyun to take the pajamas off, it was too cute for words. But he began to regret it when Baekhyun looked at him with surprised eyes. He was about to say never mind but instead Baekhyun smiled at him and placed his clothes back in his bag.

"Okay." Then he went to the bathroom, leaving Chanyeol behind. Before he could think of anything, his stomach growled indicating his hunger.

Breakfast.

What the hell was he going to give Baekhyun for breakfast? The cook was off for the weekend and Chanyeol had no flipping idea on how to cook. He stood there wondering and wondering on what to do, maybe he could order breakfast but…maybe Baekhyun doesn’t like breakfast from restaurants.

Damn it. And that’s what you get when you know almost nothing about your boyfriend.

"Your stomach is growling." Baekhyun giggled as he went out the bathroom. Chanyeol didn’t notice he had went out and he also didn’t notice the second time his stomach growled again. He was so ing hungry, he hadn’t ate since yesterday afternoon because he was busy trying to be a hero.

"Do you want breakfast?" Baekhyun asked kindly.

"You can cook?" Chanyeol eyes lit up when Baekhyun nodded.

"Who makes your food?"

"Oh..I have a cook that comes on weekdays only. I don’t know how to cook though." Chanyeol replied, pouting his lips out a bit.

"So you don’t eat on weekends?" Baekhyun looked worried.

"Leftovers or just cereal, not exactly breakfast though."


Baekhyun gave him a ‘are you serious?’ look.

"Go wash up and then take me to the kitchen." Without another word Chanyeol dashed in the bathroom and just three minutes later he came out, held Baekhyun’s hand and pulled him downstairs. Both were still in their Spongebob couple pajamas much to Chanyeol’s satisfaction.

"Wow, your kitchen is nice." Baekhyun marveled once they entered the kitchen. It was sparkly clean, every single corner.

"I know. Kyungsoo says he’ll steal it one day but we all know he can’t." Chanyeol said and Baekhyun laughed as he began to explore the kitchen. The colors were almost the same colors in the living room. Most of the house, except Chanyeol’s room, was actually a mixture of beige, brown, and orange.

Baekhyun walked up to the big black fridge opening it, searching for whatever he could cook. He turned around abruptly and found Chanyeol staring at him.

"Umm..do you have anything on your mind that you want to eat?" Baekhyun asked, a bit unsure and nervous.

"Yeah, pancakes?" Chanyeol suggested, smiling at Baekhyun."I don’t know if there i-"

Baekhyun was already going through the cupboards, rummaging through each one on hopes to find pancake boxes. Not long, he found two boxes in one of the drawers beside the oven. He went back to the fridge and took out the rest of the ingredients, humming as he moved around. His eyes shifted from the pan to Chanyeol, who was seated on a chair beside the counter, watching the older boy intently. Baekhyun tried to ignore Chanyeol’s gazes so he won’t be distracted and then breakfast would be a disaster.

He passed through the whole twenty minutes without burning not one pancake and without making any other mistakes, because it would of been really easy to, with those eyes that he can feel on him more than he can see.

"Okay." Baekhyun chirped happily. He didn’t know why but cooking made his mood all excited and happy."All we need is syrup!"

Chanyeol smiled until his white shiny teeth were showing. How couldn’t anyone smile if they see what he was seeing. The older male was so cute, it tingled Chanyeol’s heart to no end. In his childish pajamas moving around in the kitchen as he hummed away, Baekhyun looked like a beautiful busy fairy. Chanyeol laughed at his own thought. He looked at Baekhyun’s eyes that were questioning him and then Chanyeol raised an eyebrow.

"Are you done wifey?" He teased.

"Wifey?" Baekhyun repeated as he was taken aback by that word."I’m not a girl."

"I know," Chanyeol laughed, suddenly getting excited to tease Baekhyun."But you’re still my wifey."

"Not." Baekhyun muttered.

"Fine, I’ll be your wifey. How about that?" Chanyeol smiled and picked up the plates, taking them to the dining room just beside the kitchen.

"But you’re not a girl either." Baekhyun answered as he washed the forks and cups at the sink."And besides..we’re not married."

Baekhyun’s body stiffened and his breath nearly cut off when Chanyeol pressed his body against his back, and reached his arms out and under the water. He gripped lightly on Baekhyun’s fingers and helped him wash the utensils, very slowly, slower than needed.
Baekhyun watched their hands under the running water, his were practically frozen and Chanyeol’s were doing all the work with washing the already very shiny and clean forks.

"But you’re cooking for me." Chanyeol lowered his head to place his chin gently on Baekhyun’s shoulder."And we’ve slept together, doesn’t that make us like a married couple? Hmm?"

Baekhyun swallowed and bit his bottom lip, blood was rushing quickly to his cheeks and it only got worse when Chanyeol placed the utensils on the counter and instead washed Baekhyun’s hands, and massaging one finger at a time.

"Didn’t I tell you before," Chanyeol began as his eyes adored Baekhyun’s hands."..that your hands are beautiful?"

Baekhyun didn’t know how to respond, he almost didn’t know how to talk or breathe. He had a chance to take a few breaths though when Chanyeol finally let go for a couple seconds to only come back with napkin to dry their hands. He left Baekhyun completely to pour orange juice into their cups and Baekhyun finally filled his body with the much needed oxygen. Baekhyun didn't know why Chanyeol just did what he did but he knew that it absolutley had his heart soaring.

 

"Since it's your first time making something for me, I want you to give me the first bite." Chanyeol spoke when they settled down at the dining table with six unnecessary chairs around it.

Baekhyun didn’t even try to argue and immediately took a piece of the pancakes with his fork, a smile on his face. He turned to his left where Chanyeol was waiting with his mouth open and then guided the fork to the said boy`s mouth. He watched Chanyeol chew the very first bite he has ever fed him.

"Mmmm," Chanyeol his lips."Delicious." He grabbed his own fork then began to eat like he has never ate before. Baekhyun smiled in satisfaction and adoration then turned to fill his own abandoned stomach.

"Baekhyun," Chanyeol called out suddenly and Baekhyun looked at him questionably."There’s syrup around my lips."

"Oh." Well that was unexpected, Chanyeol was acting like a kid but Baekhyun liked it anyways, he liked everything about Chanyeol. He grabbed napkin and scooted closer to the eager Chanyeol.

It was weird, almost scary but wonderful at the same time. Just yesterday, not 24 hours ago even, Baekhyun was wishing he could do this to Chanyeol and now here he was, eating breakfast with Chanyeol in silly couple pajamas as he wiped off the small amount of syrup on Chanyeol’s skin.

Chanyeol peered at Baekhyun’s eyes as the older was focusing on cleaning him up. He looked at them and then gradually began to gaze into them only to be awed by the beauty in the brown sparkling orbs. Beauty he hasn’t seen any where else, Baekhyun’s eyes almost seemed magical as Chanyeol’s heart was not functioning properly.

They were…Chanyeol seemed to not find the right word to describe them but maybe there wasn’t a word to describe Baekhyun’s eyes in the first place.

Chanyeol could practically hear himself falling.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

OK I just have to say thank you so so so so much for all the kind comments (they keep me going) and subscribers. I love you <33