22

It Began With A Bet

Chanyeol slowly and quietly as he could walked over to the other house. As soon as the man was trying to take off, Chanyeol ran over to him and jumped on him, tackling him to the ground. The guy looked up at Chanyeol with wide eyes. And Chanyeol only smirked.

"This time you’re not getting away." Chanyeol said in a gruff voice. He was serious and he was ready to kill the man underneath him when he thought about Baekhyun. All those nights he felt unsafe and scared because of a lowlife. Chanyeol was going to get revenge. He punched the man’s jaw, once, twice, and even a third time. Anger was flaming in him and he couldn’t stop.

"I’m going to show you, you ing bastard."

Chanyeol grabbed the guy by his collar and pulled him up to his feet, then he pushed him against the brick wall of the house. More punches to his face, and a few knee kicks to his stomach, but Chanyeol still didn’t feel satisfied. He noticed that the other was bleeding but he didn’t care, he wanted him to bleed to death for even thinking about harming Baekhyun.

"Chanyeol! Stop!" It was Baekhyun’s voice telling him to halt but he didn’t. He couldn’t. The bleeding man was out of breath, making sounds of pain with each hit and punch. He couldn’t even try to defend himself because Chanyeol was using all his strength pinning him to the wall.

"You know what I want to do?" Chanyeol whispered harshly, looking straight into the frightful eyes of the man."I want to ing kill you. I want to end you."

Before Chanyeol could throw another punch to his face, there was a hand holding his arm. Chanyeol immediately knew it was Baekhyun’s hand.

"Chanyeol, stop it!" He looked at Baekhyun and he was almost going to stop when he saw Baekhyun’s worried expression. But all of a sudden he was angry at Baekhyun. He wasn’t supposed to defend his stalker, no matter what. Chanyeol knew Baekhyun disliked violence but he’s been wanting to do this ever since Baekhyun told him about his hard days with the stalker after him.

"He deserves it." Chanyeol said and then shook his arm to get Baekhyun’s hand off him. Then he proceeded with beating up the man.

Baekhyun bit his lip and tried his best to pull Chanyeol away, because now he was showing no mercy.

"Please stop! Chanyeol, please!" He yelled again and this time, to his relief, Chanyeol stopped. He let go and the man immediately slid down to the ground, breathing heavily.

Chanyeol turned his face to the side to look at Baekhyun. His eyes were watering with tears and his hands were trembling with fear. Chanyeol then felt sorry. He didn’t mean to make Baekhyun like this, so he stopped.

"I’m sorry," Chanyeol went up to Baekhyun and looked at his face. He was son furious at the man that he didn’t really realize that violence affected Baekhyun in a negative way."I won’t touch him anymore, I promise."

They both looked at his hands to see that they were blood stained. Baekhyun flinched and Chanyeol noticed, he felt disgusted in himself immediately.

"Call the police." Chanyeol told Baekhyun. He kept still, watching Baekhyun call and finally feeling great because this guy is going to be behind bars, where he belongs. From the corner of his eye Chanyeol saw the man move slightly, he looked at him only to see the guy grabbing a broken glass bottle from nearby.


Baekhyun.

He was the first to come to Chanyeol’s mind. He had to protect Baekhyun. Chanyeol quickly pushed the smaller male as far as he could from the stalker. It was a harsh push but he needed to.

In one moment the guy was up on his feet and Chanyeol was pinned to the wall by him.

"See how fast the tables turn." The guy laughed evilly."My turn."

Chanyeol felt sharp edges of glass poke his abdomen but he was quick to react. His hands covered the other’s hands and they both held the broken glass. Chanyeol trying to get it away from him and the guy trying to stab Chanyeol. The bottle went towards Chanyeol’s stomach and this time it did more than poke him. He pulled it down, to get it to face the ground again and in the process the glass scratched him pretty deep until blood was gradually soiling his black shirt. It ing hurt, he thought, but he wasn’t going to stop.

Chanyeol didn’t have to do anything else, because abruptly the guy had fallen to the ground and revealed Baekhyun behind him with a baseball bat in his hands. Baekhyun stepped over the man to get to Chanyeol.


“A-Are you okay?” Baekhyun asked, fear and worry in his shaking voice.

"I’m fine." Chanyeol lied. The wound really did hurt but he wasn’t going to scare Baekhyun. He’ll be fine.

The police arrived not long after. The man was taken and Chanyeol felt at complete peace.

During the car ride back to Chanyeol’s house it was completely silent. Chanyeol was struggling with focusing on the road because he was in pain, but they eventually got home safely.
Right when they were at the front door, where there was enough light and where Baekhyun decided to suddenly look at Chanyeol’s stomach, Baekhyun noticed. Chanyeol was hurt.

"Chanyeol!" Baekhyun held his breath and blinked at Chanyeol’s covered with blood shirt."Why…How?"

"You’re full of b-blood." Baekhyun said lowly. He pulled up Chanyeol’s shirt just slightly and Chanyeol only stood there, watching Baekhyun. Baekhyun gasped when he saw three long and deep scrapes on Chanyeol’s stomach."I-Its from you. Chanyeol, why…why didn’t you tell me??" Baekhyun was on the verge of tears."It’s all my fault. Why didn’t you just…just stay away from him?? Now you’re hurt! I-I…I’m so-"


“Baek…” Chanyeol held Baekhyun’s cold hands.”I’m fine.”


“No.” Baekhyun quickly disagreed and urged Chanyeol inside the house.”Your wounds need treating. Right now.”

They made it to the room and Baekhyun made Chanyeol lie on the bed, while he was getting the first aid kit. Chanyeol was still in little pain but it was almost no pain, as he watched Baekhyun move around to get water and a cloth to clean him up. Baekhyun really cared about him; it only made Chanyeol love the other even more deeply.

Baekhyun was back on the bed and his hands were already curling Chanyeol’s shirt up. It didn’t stay still though as Baekhyun was cleaning off the blood on Chanyeol’s skin. Chanyeol decided to just take it off completely, since it was in Baekhyun’s way.

Baekhyun was afraid he was going to have to clean another mess; which would be his own severe nosebleed due to Chanyeol’s bare and highly attractive upper body. Yes, Baekhyun had saw Chanyeol topless this morning for the first time but they weren’t alone and he was really flustered then. But now…..he only prayed that his heart would stop beating that wildly.

When his skin was clear of blood, Chanyeol saw the scrapes that would most likely turn into scars, but he didn’t care that much. Baekhyun was worth it. Chanyeol winced when Baekhyun placed a cotton wet with cleansing liquid on the long scratches.

"I’m sorry." Baekhyun said, not looking up at Chanyeol, but keeping his attention on cleaning the wound."This wasn’t supposed to happen. You should’ve never went to him."

"Baek, I’m fine. Really." Chanyeol smiled slightly at him."I’m not going to die. It only stings a little, that’s it. So stop eating yourself up about it."

"But….what if he hurt you more? What if-"

"He’s the one that got hurt severely and I’m satisfied."

Baekhyun glanced up at him.

"What? He deserved it. Anyone who bothers you deserves that and more." Chanyeol said, with complete seriousness.


Baekhyun grabbed the white bandage from beside him. His fingers gripped both sides of Chanyeol’s bare stomach, trying to lift him up slightly to wrap the bandage around his waist. When Baekhyun’s fingers touched his heated skin, Chanyeol had to hold his breath because it felt so comforting and he just loved it. He wanted Baekhyun’s fingers on his skin, he wanted Baekhyun to touch him in any way. His touch made Chanyeol’s heart race and his breath stop. It felt magical.


Baekhyun was done putting everything away and cleaning up around him, but Chanyeol didn’t let him go. He took everything from Baekhyun’s hands and placed them on the nightstand, not caring about the mess he made. He pulled Baekhyun’s body over his by his arms. They were so close, face to face, though they did nothing. Baekhyun was careful not to make contact with Chanyeol’s wound, so he had to keep his legs on either side of Chanyeol. He was barely breathing because of the close distance between them and because of the way Chanyeol was staring at him.


Chanyeol ran his fingers over Baekhyun’s jaw to his cheek then to his lips. He looked at Baekhyun like he had never seen him before. Like he was exploring his face for the first time. Baekhyun was so beautiful, he couldn’t take it.

Slowly, very slowly, Chanyeol kissed Baekhyun. Slow, careful kisses, one after another, until Baekhyun wanted to take it a bit further. He loved Chanyeol’s soft kisses but now he wanted it more deeply, more passionate. And soon it was like that, and before he knew it, Baekhyun was lying on his back with Chanyeol now hovering over him. It was so similar to their position last night, just the thought of it made Baekhyun blush.

Chanyeol pulled away and continued to stare at Baekhyun, who had his eyes half closed. He opened them completely though when Chanyeol whispered into his ear.”I was trying to learn how to be romantic the other day, so I searched some things, and learned this for you,” Chanyeol kissed his ear then continued on,”If you stood in front of a mirror and held up eleven roses you would see twelve of the most beautiful things in the world.”


Baekhyun smiled softly, then wrapped his arms around Chanyeol, hugging him tightly. Chanyeol smiled too as he pecked Baekhyun’s lips again. One of his hands went lower and grabbed Baekhyun’s hand, he kissed the tip of every finger while gazing into Baekhyun’s eyes the whole time. He did the same to the other hand.

He kissed Baekhyun’s palm as he whispered.”They’re so beautiful. Just like their owner.”


Baekhyun chewed on his bottom lip, trying to hide his smile but it was useless. Chanyeol’s words made his heart go wild.

Chanyeol then buried his face into Baekhyun’s neck, humming satisfyingly.”Mmm…I could just sleep right here, like this.”

Baekhyun wrapped his arms around Chanyeol’s neck again, sneaking his fingers into Chanyeol’s thick hair and it lazily.”Yeah, but we still haven’t had dinner and….you need to wear something because its getting cold.”

"I don’t need to wear anything when you’re here to keep me warm. " Chanyeol mumbled into Baekhyun’s neck, causing Baekhyun’s toes to curl at the deep rumbling voice."But about dinner, I am hungry."

"Then let’s go eat." Baekhyun replied as he tried to push Chanyeol off him by his bare shoulders.

"Nooooo…." Chanyeol whined childishly."I want to eat you."

"Food is bad. Baekhyun is good." Chanyeol muttered mindlessly.

"Chanyeol, do you have a fever?" Baekhyun asked with a playful smile.


“No,” Chanyeol lifted his head to look at the older boy, and admitted sheepishly.”I am hungry though.”

Baekhyun sighed,”Then eat. Silly.”

He carefully pushed Chanyeol off him, watching out for his injury.

"Be careful." Baekhyun told him as they were going down the stairs.

"Again, I’ll be fine Baek."

When they were almost done with their dinner, Baekhyun decided to open up something that had to be talked about, now that his stalker was gone.

"Chanyeol?"

"Hmm?"

Baekhyun bit his lip and began speaking without looking at Chanyeol.”I was thinking….now that he’s gone……I should go back home.”


Chanyeol dropped his fork. He was looking at Baekhyun like he had said the most tragic thing on earth.

"What?"

Baekhyun placed his fork down and glanced at Chanyeol, but not too long.

"I…" Baekhyun paused for a moment."My home is safe now and….I’m just a burden to you here."


“Baekhyun, you’re not a burden.” Chanyeol said straightforwardly.”It’s great having you here, and you don’t really have to go back home. It’s not critical.”


“But you said I can when he’s behind bars, and now that happened.” Baekhyun responded with a little voice.”I don’t want to annoy you any longer.”


“Annoy me?” Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows.

"Never in a thousand years would you annoy me, Baekhyun. I love having you here with me."

"Chanyeol-"

"Can we not have this conversation right now?" Chanyeol was angry and he couldn’t hide it. He didn’t want to talk about this, not now, not ever.

Baekhyun blinked a few times, keeping his eyes on the floor and avoiding Chanyeol’s gaze. He nodded. And for a few minutes neither male said anything. Baekhyun abruptly stood up, washed his plate and left the kitchen without a word.

Chanyeol stared at the doorway, where Baekhyun just left out from. He hated that Baekhyun did that. He hated that Baekhyun wanted to leave. He now hated that he even caught the man.

"Damn it." Chanyeol cursed and clenched his jaw, thinking about how much he regretted seeing the man and going up to him. He wished he never did. Chanyeol didn’t want Baekhyun to leave. Ever. But he knew that he had no right to stop him. He just couldn’t bear the thought of Baekhyun not eating with him, or sleeping with him, or lying around lazily with him, or anything they have done together.

Chanyeol knew not all couples lived together and he shouldn’t be making a big deal out of it but he has got a taste of Baekhyun living with him and he didn’t want it to stop.

A whole hour passed without Chanyeol moving from his spot. He couldn’t stop thinking and thinking. Every time he was beginning to think that it was fine if Baekhyun went back, he got angry all over again, because he was too selfish to want that to happen. Baekhyun just had to stay.

Chanyeol cleaned his plate and left to the room. Baekhyun was on the bed, asleep. Chanyeol became mad all over again when he thought of Baekhyun going to bed upset because of him. He sighed heavily and went to the bathroom, got ready for bed, and lied beside Baekhyun, his frown never leaving his face.

Chanyeol didn’t hug Baekhyun or anything. He wasn’t really sure what to do, so he just closed his eyes and wished for the best; like having Baekhyun stay willingly.

When he opened his eyes it felt like not one minute ago since he closed them. But it was morning, Chanyeol knew from the light. He looked beside him and saw that it was empty. Fear overtook him and all he could think of was what if Baekhyun left. He threw the blanket aside and jumped off the bed. The bathroom was empty when he checked there, he was scared and he couldn’t calm down. Chanyeol ran down the stairs and to the kitchen, halting right at the entrance. He was out of breath but his heart was at peace when he saw Baekhyun standing at the sink.


Baekhyun turned to face him with a smile.”Good morning.”

"I thought you left." Chanyeol replied breathlessly.

Baekhyun’s smile quickly faded away.”About that…”

"You don’t have to go. Please…..just stay. I really really want you to stay." Chanyeol said honestly.

"More than anything." He added.


Baekhyun remained silent.

"Baek?"

"Ok," Chanyeol couldn’t believe his ears at first."But I’m going to have to leave someday, you know."

"I know, I do." Chanyeol said quickly, a relieved smile appearing on his lips."Just not now. Stay for now."

Really, “now” to Chanyeol was forever.

"Now go wash up and eat breakfast." Baekhyun shooed him away but Chanyeol only ran up to him and gave Baekhyun a surprise quick peck on his lips then he left.

When Chanyeol was out the shower, he got a telephone call from Luhan. He wasn’t annoyed because Luhan’s calls weren’t pointless like Kai’s calls. He would usually know what to respond to Luhan but now he didn’t. Because he had to get Baekhyun’s say in this too.


“So…” Luhan sang through the phone.”Are you guys coming or not?”


“I’ll ask Baekhyun, then I’ll let you know.”

"Ok, but quick! Bye!" Luhan hung up and Chanyeol went downstairs.
Baekhyun was already sitting at the dinner table so Chanyeol joined in, but before he began eating he decided to ask Baekhyun first.

"Baek?"

"Yeah?"

"Luhan called and said that we are invited to a birthday party."

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows.”A birthday party? Who’s?”


“This girl I don’t know. She invited half the school and we’re invited too.” Chanyeol explained.

"When?"

"5-9 pm tonight."

"Oh…"


“You don’t have to go if you don’t want to though.” Chanyeol added on. He was saying that because he knew Baekhyun didn’t like staying around too much people. That’s also why he had to ask Baekhyun first.


“I’ll go,” Baekhyun responded. If Chanyeol was with him then he was going to be fine.”If you go.”

"Really? You’re ok with going?" Chanyeol wasn’t expecting Baekhyun to answer that quickly.


“Yeah, but only with you.”

"Ok, then we’ll go together." Chanyeol smiled at Baekhyun and the older grinned back before they began their breakfast.

Chanyeol called Luhan after breakfast and let him know. He was about to go deaf with Luhan’s “manly” squeal. He removed the phone from his ear and put on the speaker to save his poor ear.

"Oh by the way, I’m coming by to pick up Baekhyun later!"

"Why?" Chanyeol questioned and Baekhyun glanced at him with a confused look, he heard Luhan too.


“Because I have an idea for him. I’m gonna dress him all up! Bye for now.” Luhan exclaimed and before Chanyeol could reply to him, he had already hung up.


Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun who was still staring at him with a “what?” look on his face. Chanyeol only shrugged and gave Baekhyun a helpless mien.

He really couldn’t stop Luhan.


It was proved that he couldn’t when Luhan actually came over hours later, and Chanyeol had tried to convince him to not take Baekhyun.
Still useless. He took Baekhyun anyway. Baekhyun looked like he was okay with it after some time and that’s why Chanyeol didn’t put up another fight.

The house was horrible without Baekhyun and it reminded Chanyeol about their recent arguments about him leaving. Chanyeol was beyond relieved that Baekhyun was staying because he couldn’t take the house being empty like this. To kill time so he could meet up with Baekhyun again, Chanyeol went to get himself ready. He wondered, what was Luhan thinking? What was going to do exactly to Baekhyun?