2

It Began With A Bet

 

Hell no.

Chanyeol was going to ask him again. One thousand dollars was not a little bit. He wasn't going to lose all that money to the unfriendly best friend of his. Yes, he’s rich but he still needed his money for his reasons and he sure didn't want to give it away but this was one of their stupid bets and he’ll have to go with it. Because that was a rule as Kai announced a long time ago. This was probably the hardest bet that Kai has bet him and Chanyeol sure didn't like it.

 

“F U, Kim Jongin.” he spat out before getting up, heading towards the nerd.

 

“Seriously, Park Chanyeol and you Kim Jongin really need to watch your language.” Kyungsoo said, chewing on his fresh apple.

 

“At least Chanyeol didn’t say the exact words, unlike Kai who curses even in his sleep.” Sehun retorted.

 

Before another childish quarrel would occur at their lunch table, Luhan yelled in a low voice. “Guys! Stop! Kai . . . tell me, where did Chanyeol go?”

 

Kai shrugged and pointed at his mouth, emphasizing that he couldn’t speak. Kyungsoo smacked his arm, but not too hard, he couldn’t bring himself to.

 

“Jongin, you’re taking excessive amount of time swallowing that. Here, drink some water and stop being so slow. “ Kyungsoo handed the boy his bottle of water and gave Luhan a questioning look.

 

“Ahhh~ It feels good to talk again! My mouth is stretched all the way now.” he turned to look at Kyungsoo,”But you know what stretches my mouth even more?”

 

“Guess BabySoo . . . you know the answer~” Kai cooed on Kyungsoo’s burning cheeks.

 

He yelped as he was smacked (pretty hard this time) across his head by a completely red and flustered Kyungsoo.


“Kim Jongin! Shut up, will you?”

 

Luhan just ignored the scene he was used to seeing and repeated his previous question to Kai.

 

“I don’t know.” Kai shrugged simply, rubbing his head where he just got hit.

 

“Yes you do. We clearly saw you pointing over there and doing weird motions with your hands to Chanyeol.” Luhan retorted, he was desperate to know what was going on. It smelled fishy. And Luhan liked that smell even if it was yucky.

 

“Yes, Luhannie’s right. Then Chanyeol got up and left. So there, tell my Luhannie what he wants to know, now.”

 

“No, back the off Sehun! You’re so bratty.”

 

Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows.”You too, you’re bratty and you know it. Come on, tell us what’s going on between you and Chanyeol.”

 

“No, no baby. I’m y and I know it, not bratty. And it’s not between me and Chanyeol. It’s between Chanyeol and someone else.” Kai smirked and flowed his arm prince-like towards the area Chanyeol was heading to.

 

“Just watch and see. Watch and see.”

 

 


Chanyeol took one last breath and tapped Baekhyun’s shoulder. He really really hoped he won’t get rejected for good this time. It’d hurt his pride and wallet.

Upon feeling someone touching him, Baekhyun turned around only to widen his eyes.


Oh no, not now. He was so not ready.


“So . . . I was wondering if you thought about it yet?” Chanyeol gave his best smile to hide his sudden nervousness.

 

Baekhyun looked down at the floor immediately. He has been thinking about it every since Chanyeol asked him too. How can he not? Even if he tried to get his mind off the subject it would jump right back to haunt him. But he wasn’t sure how to answer the younger. Baekhyun didn`t want to sound desperate because really, he wasn’t desperate. He was more of afraid and yes he did want to be with Chanyeol but like he thought before, it’s too good to be true. It all felt like a dream but no it was not. It was actually reality.

 


“I did…think about it..” Baekhyun’s head was still hung low, facing the ground.

 

“So?”

 

Baekhyun didn’t even know why he was taking this big turn because if he agreed he’ll actually be staying with people---like normal people do. He hasn’t done that for about three years but now he should really know and talk to others because honestly he was beginning to get lonely. And just the right person came along at the right time to keep him company, he’ll just go with it.

 

This is it.

 

 

“I . . . Idowanttogooutwithyou . . . .” Baekhyun replied hurriedly with a low voice.


“Huh? I’m sorry . . . I didn’t hear you.” Chanyeol leaned in closer withs hopes of hearing Baekhyun this time.


Seriously? Baekhyun was on the verge of a mental breakdown. He knew everyone was watching, he could feel their eyes. It was creepy. And Chanyeol getting closer wasn’t helping his current flushed state.

 

At all.

 

He just wanted to say no and leave but something somehow was telling him to do otherwise.

 

“I said . . . I do.”

 

“Really?!? Thanks! I won’t let you down, I promise!” Chanyeol smiled widely, not really thinking about the words he had said. The words Baekhyun took seriously while Chanyeol himself didn’t even acknowledge them after the moment they came out his mouth.
He hugged Baekhyun out of happiness only to get pushed away slightly by the smaller, whose face was beet red.

 

“I don’t want to get attacked by your crazy fan girls.” Baekhyun practically whispered.

 

Chanyeol took a look around, everyone was dazed. Some girls were actually crying but what can he do about it? He spotted his friends; Kai’s face was buried in his hands as Kyungsoo was confronting him. Luhan and Sehun watched Chanyeol just like everyone else.

 

“You don’t like attention?” Chanyeol asked Baekhyun, his voice almost sounded like he was concerned.

 

“N-no. . . w-well  just don’t touch me in front of t-them.” Baekhyun wanted to run away and pretend that this never happened. He really didn’t enjoy being the thing everyone had their eyes on, not in good or bad terms. He absolutely hated it.

 

Chanyeol chuckled lightly then took Baekhyun’s hand and lead him on top of an empty lunch table. What he did next definitely surprised Baekhyun but secretly made him happy.

 

“YO! EVERYBODY LISTEN UP!”

 

Baekhyun wanted to laugh, because really, anyone could hear Chanyeol’s deep voice without yelling. But the younger yelled anyway.

 

“THIS IS BYUN BAEKHYUN, FROM TODAY HE’S MY BOYFRIEND AND IF ANYONE OF YOU DARE LAY A SINGLE FINGER ON HIM, I WON’T BE PLEASED AND I WON’T SPARE YOU.”

 

Baekhyun blushed for the millionth time that day. This was insane. Chanyeol was insane. But he had to admit it all made his heart flutter furiously, especially when Chanyeol labeled him as his ‘boyfriend’. Or maybe it was the way his name rolled off the taller boy’s tongue.

 

“You’re crazy.” Baekhyun muttered. He didn’t realize Chanyeol would actually hear him. He mentally cursed himself and his occasional “thinking out loud” habit. It was a stupid habit he wished he could get rid of. No matter how hard he tried, it just never went away.

 

“I’m always crazy.” Chanyeol smiled. Now he was relaxed. His money was still his and after a week he would be single again. Baekhyun wouldn’t mind, it’s not like he confessed. Chanyeol was the one who initiated the relationship. And they wouldn’t really do anything in one week. One week is a little bit. It’ll all be over soon.


Yeah, no one in their right mind would date a lonely nerd like me, Baekhyun thought, before excusing himself off the table, literally off the table.

 

“Well, I’ll g-go eat.”

 

“Wait. Where are you going? No.” Chanyeol jumped to the floor then grabbed Baekhyun’s arm gently and pulled him towards his table and not to mention, his shocked friends. Excluding Kai, of course.

 

That was pretty cool, hyung!” Sehun cheered once the two were sitting down at the table.

 

Baekhyun didn’t dare to look up, he only stared at his lunch. His mind was too clouded, he was thinking too much. But then again his brain had absorbed too much today also, and it was all foreign and unexpected. He suddenly remember the bathroom scene where Kyungsoo and Luhan heard him yelling.

 


Oh, he definitely wasn't going to look up now. Not with those two around.

 

“What was?”

 

“Your announcement. Duh, lameo. Oh look, I used Kai’s bad word.” Sehun laughed at his own joke.

 

Chanyeol threw a baby carrot at Sehun. He actually was surprised that Sehun called him hyung. But in the end, he’s still Sehun.


“Hi Baekhyun.” Luhan greeted with a soft smile.”It’s nice to have you here.”

 

Baekhyun, out of politeness raised his head up and smiled at Luhan. He saw Luhan extending his hand out to him, obviously wanting to shake his. 
Well, it would be rude to reject . . . .

 

Baekhyun reached his hand out and shook Luhan’s. A certain someone did not like that. Not one bit.

 

“Heeeey, don’t hold my boyfriend’s hand too long!” Sehun whined,even though they haven’t been shaking hands for even three seconds. Baekhyun couldn’t help but chuckle at the boy. Well, now he found out that they were dating. He pulled his hand away and smiled at Sehun.

 

“So since Chanyeol isn’t nice enough to introduce anyone to you, I’ll do it.” Luhan gave a small glare at Chanyeol who was back to eating but still watching what was going around him.

 

“This is Sehun, my boyfriend. My baby~” Luhan cooed while tapping Sehun’s chin lovingly. Sehun smiled proudly.

 

“Sorry for yelling over you earlier umm . . .” Sehun furrowed his eyebrows, trying to remember Chanyeol’s boyfriend’s name as he reached his hand out.

 

“Baekhyun.” Baekhyun replied with a smile. He was finding this kid very cute and childish. He flinched at a sudden memory but shook Sehun’s hand anyway, trying not to think about it.

 

“And this is Kyungsoo, as you already know.” Kyungsoo gave him a kind smile, “And this grumpy-for-an-unknown-reason-right now-kid is Jongin. Kyungsoo’s boyfriend, and let me tell you, we are really lucky to not have him as a boyfriend. I don’t know how Kyungsoo stands him. And honestly, I don’t know how you will stand Chanyeol. “ Luhan laughed.

 

He won’t need to stand me for long, Chanyeol thought to himself.

 

------

 

I`m sorry for the shortness of this and it`s slighty late, I`ve been super busy lately. Sorry again and have a good day or night! :)