5

It Began With A Bet

 

Chanyeol stood in the empty hallway. He glanced around him to search for Baekhyun. He had no idea why he even went after him but he just had to and now to make sure if Baekhyun was alright. His head turned to the right just in time to see Baekhyun dashing in the boy's restroom. If he had looked one second later he wasn't going to catch Baekhyun. Chanyeol's long legs took him to the bathroom just moments after.
 
Once he got to the entrance he froze when he heard a voice. It was Baekhyun's. He hardly really heard it much but now that he was hearing it clearly and actually listening to it throughly, Chanyeol found Baekhyun's voice pleasant. His lips turned up to a smile, Baekhyun was actually talking to himself.
 
"Why? Why? Why?" Baekhyun chanted over and over, glaring at himself in the mirror."That was so stupid and embarrassing!"
 
Chanyeol only smiled wider, he thought it was really cute how Baekhyun was yelling at himself. He listened to Baekhyun for a few more minutes until the last thing he heard, a frustrated groan. Maybe he should go in now, he took a couple of steps forward and turned to see Baekhyun leaning over the sink with his face hidden in his arms. Chanyeol took a second to take in Baekhyun's frame, he was small but Chanyeol sort of liked it that way.
 
Baekhyun's legs were standing straight and Chanyeol could see how defined they were. And another mental note; they looked really good and attractive in those tight black skinny jeans. Before his eyes wandered up Baekhyun's legs, said boy lifted his head and saw Chanyeol.
 
Chanyeol moved his attention from Baekhyun's lower half to his face.
 
Woah
 
Baekhyun wasn't wearing his glasses and he looked stunning without them. He was still cute with glasses but without them was a whole different story. But what Chanyeol also noticed was that Baekhyun's face was still red and his eyes were watery, as if he'll cry any second. He then remembered what brought him here in the first place; to check up on Baekhyun.
 
He walked forward to Baekhyun, who's eyes were wide and his face was almost expressionless.
 
"Are you okay?" Chanyeol finally gathered up all the courage and asked him.
 
"Uhh . . . .yeah." Baekhyun replied in his usual low voice. He was still worrying about if Chanyeol heard him. Luhan and Kyungsoo were totally fine compared to Chanyeol. He really needed to stop talking to himself. Like seriously. 
 
Chanyeol wasn't satisfied, "Are you sure?" he asked again, cause really Baekhyun didn't look fine.
 
Baekhyun looked down at the bathroom floor and nodded. Without thinking or anything Chanyeol reached out and cupped Baekhyun's cheeks in his big hands. He could swear they were gradually getting hotter by each passing second. He admits again, Baekhyun's cheeks were as soft as his hands, if not softer and Chanyeol would really love to caress them for hours and hours.
 
"Baekhyun, you're burning hot and you're telling me you're okay?" Chanyeol exclaimed with big concerned eyes.
 
Baekhyun only blushed more, he had took what Chanyeol said so differently from what the taller boy actually meant. His breath was stuck in his throat, he could hardly breathe with Chanyeol touching him or just simply being near him like this.
 
"We need to take you to the nurse." Chanyeol said then he bit his bottom lip when he noticed that the older boy wasn't breathing."Baekhyun, breathe . . . breathe in and out slowly, okay?" 
 
 
Baekhyun abruptly pulled away from Chanyeol and he began to breathe again. Breath after breath after breath until, to Chanyeol's relief, his breathing wa\s normal again and his face was losing the deep red color
 
Chanyeol just stood there silently and stared. Well, at least Baekhyun looked like he was getting better.
 
"I'm okay..." Baekhyun told Chanyeol again but this time he really did feel much more okay.
 
Chanyeol blinked, "Good. Be careful, you scared the crap out of me."
 
Baekhyun was afraid he'll blush again and then all the craziness will repeat itself. Chanyeol really cared about him and it made his insides tingle.
 
They heard the bell ring from a small distance signaling end of lunch. Baekhyun was pretty strict about classes and his next one was going to start now. He had to get there on time, not one minute late.
 
Students began filling the hallways and a few were entering the bathroom. They eyed Chanyeol and Baekhyun carefully until Baekhyun excused himself and left out the door, leaving Chanyeol behind to ponder upon what made him feel that way. The way Baekhyun left him so terrified just because he was choking slightly, scared him.
 
He went to the nearest sink, the one Baekhyun was at, to wash his hands and that`s when he found Baekhyun's glasses. They were sitting there just the way Baekhyun had left them. He was probably going to need them and without second thoughts Chanyeol strode down the hallway to give them back to Baekhyun. He was just a few feet away from the other's classroom but unfortunately Chanyeol was stopped by a teacher and he had to deal silently with all the chiding she gave him. With a heavy sigh he dragged his legs back to his own classroom, Baekhyun's glasses still in his hands. He settled with just giving them to Baekhyun later when, hopefully, he takes him home again.
 
 
It seemed to Chanyeol that the last hours of school were going by turtle pace. One more minute. Just one more minute. Why does that stupid minute even count? They barely do a single thing in that stupid single minute. One more minute. Baekhyun must of bumped into objects countless times without his glasses. He couldn't read without his glasses, Baekhyun will blame him if he fails his classes. Hurry up minute! He should of just ignored that teacher or he could've told her but she didn't even give him a second to speak.
 
One more second.
 
He was out the door before the bell had even finished the first ring. Another minute and he was in front of Baekhyun's classroom. Students were piling out but Baekhyun wasn't in between them. Chanyeol then remembered, Baekhyun preferred getting out last so he leaned against the wall and waited patiently. Girls were still staring at him like before but they didn't move close to him because too bad and too sad; he was taken.
 
There was this one girl though that Chanyeol was honestly creeped out by. She was the type with loads of make-up and glitters on her, and not to mention all the accessories, from rings to necklaces, to earrings, to bracelets, too much. It was way too much. The first time she looked at him, it was with a normal smile then the second time was different. It was anything but a sweet smile. It was full of betrayal, hate, and pure evilness.
 
Chanyeol quickly shrugged it off and forgot about her as soon as Baekhyun stepped out the classroom door. Without much words said between them, Baekhyun went to his locker and Chanyeol led him to his car, after he convinced Baekhyun to ride with him again. Baekhyun still wanted to walk to his house so it was a bit hard to get him to say okay but Chanyeol succeeded in the end.
 
"You took the wrong turn." Baekhyun suddenly told Chanyeol. Chanyeol, truthfully had already memorized the way to Baekhyun's home, who wouldn't? It was too easy and really close to the school. Chanyeol didn't like that, the ride was way too short, he wanted Baekhyun to stay longer.
 
"Oh, sorry." he feigned surprise and took the long way, which was only about two minutes more. But two minutes extra was better than nothing. The radio was on low but the song playing was really helping the silence. Chanyeol glanced at Baekhyun, his forehead was stuck on the window, gazing at the view outside. He noticed that Baekhyun was lip-syncing to the song with a soft smile on his lips.
 
 Chanyeol put his attention back on the road not wanting to risk getting in a car accident, especially when Baekhyun was with him. His hand, however reached out to higher the volume and then he recognized the song, it was "Listen To You" by Super Junior's Kyuhyun. A very sweet song for lovers and Chanyeol couldn't help but feel the atmosphere change with the soothing song streaming through the car. They were in front of Baekhyun's place but Chanyeol didn't open the door for Baekhyun and Baekhyun didn't bother trying to, for he learned yesterday, that he couldn't.
 
Baekhyun looked at Chanyeol once, as if to tell him silently to open the door. He turned his head back to the window when he caught Chanyeol watching him with a small grin. His face was heating up, everything was feeling weird but somehow the right kind of weird.
 
 
Chanyeol stayed gazing at Baekhyun simply because he couldn't stop. He was fighting the urge to hold Baekhyun's soft cheeks again.
 
 
~One, Two, Three, you smile and I think I lost my breath~
 
After a few seconds the song ended and Chanyeol decided to let Baekhyun out. He pressed the automatic button but Baekhyun didn't get startled like yesterday, it actually seemed like he was waiting for it. He jumped out the car in that cute way, where only kids could pull off but apparently not anymore. Baekhyun's jump was the cutest Chanyeol has ever ever ever seen.
 
Baekhyun turned toward Chanyeol and the younger boy smiled."Good bye."
 
"Bye." Baekhyun waved, smiled, and walked into his house.
 
His smile. Again.
 
Byun Baekhyun's smile.
 
~One, Two, Three, you smile and I think I lost my breath~
 
 
 
 
Chanyeol was just about to arrive home when he remembered; he still hadn't gave Baekhyun his glasses. He sighed and turned back to Baekhyun's. A few minutes later he was ringing the doorbell, standing awkwardly on the front steps to Baekhyun's little blue house. Baekhyun didn't open the door instantly, in fact he came late.
 
When he opened the door, Chanyeol's eyes almost popped out at Baekhyun's appearance. He was already out of his school clothes and in a bathrobe. A ing bathrobe. Baekhyun's hair was wet and dripping, the smell of his shampoo was filling Chanyeol's senses, almost making him dizzy. He smelled so good. So really very nice.
 
Baekhyun looked as surprised as Chanyeol was as he stood there, holding the door open for who knows how long. Today definitely was not one of Baekhyun's favorite days. First the incident at school and now this.
 
"Umm . . . " Chanyeol began, his voice sounded like it hadn't been used for centuries, "You forgot . . uhm . . . your glasses."
 
 
Baekhyun only blinked. Chanyeol didn't move and he didn't take out any glasses. He only stared, more like ogled at Baekhyun. His nose was receiving very pleasant scents and it was all from Baekhyun. Chanyeol felt like he was drunk, even though he really never got drunk in his life before and he didn`t know how it felt, but that was besides the point. He swallowed and forced his eyes off the shorter as he took out the glasses from his pocket and handed them to Baekhyun.
 
"They were in the bathroom . . and . . . you left them there . . . ." Chanyeol wasn't making sense anymore, how can he when all his senses were filled with that arousing odor. "Can you see without them? Did you hurt yourself . . . when you bumped . . . . into objects?"
 
"No. I can see without them, I just use them sometimes when I'm reading." Baekhyun stated, he would like for Chanyeol to leave this second because, really? This was embarrassing.
 
"Okay then . . . I'll leave." Chanyeol muttered and stepped back then stopped.
 
"Umm and Baekhyun, don't open the door to anyone like that anymore, it's dangerous."
 
Baekhyun blushed, he really doesn't go out like that but he did today because he was making the person (Chanyeol) at the door wait too long when he was taking a shower and that was pretty rude. Also it could've been something or someone really important. It was someone important though.
 
Baekhyun nodded slowly and watched Chanyeol walk away. It honestly startled him when Chanyeol turned around, again.
 
"Close the door." he said, concern etched in his voice. Chanyeol sighed in relief when Baekhyun finally closed the door; he didn't want anyone seeing him. He could get for goodness sakes. Chanyeol shivered at the thought and made his way to his car. He was just opening the driver's door when he looked up and saw a rigid looking man staring at him intently. He was standing at the front door of the messed up house next to Baekhyun's, must belong to him.
 
He almost looked like his house; filthy, old, and he did not seem safe. He seemed to be in his mid 30's, he was almost bald, he was obviously the type that smoked, Chanyeol just felt it. His clothes were rusty and very very dirty. And that gaze he gave Chanyeol really creeped the boy out. Chanyeol decided he didn't like him, not one bit. He was Baekhyun's neighbor, he now definitely surely disliked him. Chanyeol got in his car and drove home, leaving Baekhyun's place reluctantly.
 
~~~~
Ok things are getting started~~ ^^
Hope you like it! :)
By the way, your comments and subscriptions make me SOOOOOOO HAPPY. Thank you *kisses all of you*