4

It Began With A Bet

 

Baekhyun was standing at his locker the next morning in school, doing what he did every morning. Except today he was yawning nonstop. Last night had been one of the worst sleepless nights in his history of sleepless nights. He could swear the minute he closed his eyes his alarm went off and it had him groaning to himself how he really really wanted and desired sleep.

Not until he remembered why he didn’t sleep in the first place. Chanyeol, of course. He was still trying to get himself to believe that he actually was Chanyeol’s errr boyfriend. He couldn’t bring himself to call himself anyone’s boyfriend, it was so foreign and odd.

Baekhyun’s mouth opened wide again in a long yawn and he rested his forehead on the closed locker door.

“You’re not in bed, you know?”

Baekhyun backed away from his locker to see Chanyeol standing near him. He blushed in embarrassment, that sure wasn’t a way he wanted Chanyeol to ever see him in. He didn’t say anything, he didn’t know what to say.

“Good morning.” Chanyeol smiled. Oh gosh, it was much brighter and much more beautiful than the morning sun.

“Good morning.” Baekhyun responded with his own smile. This was definitely a good morning.


Chanyeol didn’t know what he was doing, he was confused and he wasn’t controlling himself. He knew that it’s only a bet and it’s only one week and it’s not really necessary to go see Baekhyun.
But what can he do, he wanted to go to his locker but instead found himself stepping to Baekhyun’s, well maybe he’ll even get to touch those elegant hands again.

“So, why are you sleeping on your locker?”

“I wasn’t sleeping, I was . . . resting.” Baekhyun mumbled.

“What made you tired?” Chanyeol raised his eyebrows.

“I-I don’t know.” he looked away from Chanyeol’s gaze only to find a group of students staring at them. He didn’t like it. Even though Chanyeol had made it clear that no one touches Baekhyun, Baekhyun still didn’t like the attention. And to tell the truth, he was sorta afraid he’ll get jumped by Chanyeol’s hardcore admirers.

“I have to get to class right now.” Baekhyun said, and pointed a slim finger towards the way to his class.”I’ll be late.”

Chanyeol only stared at the finger that was hanging in the air. Damn, his fingers were gorgeous and he couldn’t get his eyes off them. Chanyeol smacked himself mentally then nodded slowly to Baekhyun.

“Okay then, I’ll go too.” he said and turned around to leave then after a second he halted. He turned back around and found Baekhyun walking away, just a few feet away.

“Baekhyun!” said boy whipped his head to look at Chanyeol with wide eyes. He raised his eyebrows slightly.

Chanyeol’s heart skipped a beat but he tried to ignore it, again.”See you at lunch, ok?”

“O-okay..” Baekhyun’s lips curved slightly into a small, shy smile. Chanyeol grinned back then walked off, leaving a blushing Baekhyun behind. He kept his head low so no one would see his red face as he made his way to his class.

 

***

Chanyeol picked at his food. He wasn’t really hungry or maybe not hungry at all. But he knew better than to skip lunch, by the end of school hours he’d be dying out of hunger if he doesn’t eat lunch. He stayed quiet as he was hearing his friends nagging and joking, like everyday. Chanyeol’s eyes kept going back and forth to his food and the cafeteria entrance.

He was going to admit it. He actually enjoyed Baekhyun’s presence. He knew that he shouldn’t but he will just for now and when they break up, he won’t care anymore. Besides, Baekhyun had to believe that he was into him so he won’t break up with Chanyeol for lying and then Kai would win as a result.

He looked at the entrance just in time to see Baekhyun walking in. He smiled unconsciously and raised one hand for Baekhyun to spot him. He did, how couldn’t he find that giant’s waving-like-crazy hand?

Oh~ Baekhyun is here~” Luhan chirped teasingly, meaning to embarrass Chanyeol.

“Hi,” Baekhyun greeted everyone at the table politely after he bought his lunch. He took his seat, beside the secretly giddy Chanyeol and then began to eat. Chanyeol noticed that he found his appetite once Baekhyun was there. That wasn’t supposed to happen but it did anyway.

“You guys know it`s spring break next week right?” said Kyungsoo.

Sehun grinned widely.”Yup, and I’m staying with Luhannie all week!”

Luhan and Sehun exchanged their own secret smiles, then Luhan looked away from his over happily boyfriend to talk to the others around them.

“What are you guys going to do?”

“Well. . . I was thinking.” Kyungsoo began.”Jongin and I should go on a small camping trip and just you know, maybe walk around the city.”

Kai gaped at Kyungsoo.”But I was thinking otherwise.” he put on one of his stupid grins.”We could just stay in bed all week long. Do nothing but stay in bed.”

“Actually you do nothing and I’ll just do you. Oh, but you have to make food. So yeah.” Kai finshed off with a dreamy and satisfied smile.

“ert.” Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and continued to munch on his homemade food.

“Lazyass.” Sehun added in.

“Couch potato.” Chanyeol was grateful he got this chance to throw that hateful word back at Kai.

Kai glared at him.”For your info, I’ll be moving in bed, not sleeping.”

Kyungsoo blushed, his boyfriend was just unbelievable. How many times had he wanted to kick his balls for being like that. Now was one of those times but he was too embarrassed to even lift his head. You’d think he would be used to it but no and to tell the truth he wouldn’t really disagree with Kai’s idea because Kim Jongin in bed. Woah~


He shivered at the thought and decided he probably should get his mind off that topic.

“So, Chanyeol, do you have any plans with Baekhyun?” Kyungsoo looked at the two. They were both staring at him, wide-eyed.

That honestly took both of them off guard. Baekhyun wasn’t really even thinking about it and he’d probably be too shy to suggest anything to Chanyeol anyway. Chanyeol, on the other hand, had actually forgotten it was even spring break next week. So that means when he dumps Baekhyun he’ll do it out of school. Well, better than in front of everybody.
He felt a little guilty just thinking about dumping Baekhyun. It was sort of cruel, but the real problem wasn’t that, the problem here was that yesterday, Chanyeol didn’t give a damn about how Baekhyun would really feel. But now, just after being with the shorter boy for about only two hours in total since yesterday, he couldn’t help but feel stupid if he possibly hurts Baekhyun.
Baekhyun was like a kitten or a puppy. A cute and vulnerable one.The type that you just had to protect or you’ll end up hating yourself if they get into danger.

Chanyeol only noticed then, he felt that way towards Baekhyun. He would’ve never imagined it but he couldn’t deny it. He’d be lying to himself if he says otherwise.


“Why are you both frozen?” Luhan joked. “It’s been seven minutes.”

“Uhh..” Chanyeol opened his mouth to answer Kyungsoo’s very hard question.”I don’t know. We might . . . just hang out.”

“Hang out?” Luhan raised an eyebrow.”What are you, buddies or lovers?”

Lovers?

Chanyeol hadn’t thought about that.


He stole a glance at Baekhyun, only to be left breathless. Baekhyun was blushing. Chanyeol made up his mind, he really adored the pinkish color spread on Baekhyun’s smooth-looking cheeks and he decided he wanted to see that blush more. He smiled down at Baekhyun, who was eating quickly like yesterday during lunch. That was cute too, Chanyeol noted.

“We’ll find something to do.” Chanyeol turned his head back to the other four rather than Baekhyun.

“Uh-huh…” Luhan wasn’t satisfied, that was not enough information.”What are you going to do exactly?”

“Hyung, I can’t tell you when I don’t even know!” Chanyeol protested, Luhan was creepy when he was curious like that.”And besides I won’t tell you anyway, it’s between Baekhyun and me.”

“Only.” he added.

Baekhyun choked on his bite at Chanyeol’s words. What he said wasn’t really a big deal, well yeah it was,
but now Baekhyun couldn’t control the small choke that was getting more and more dangerous. He coughed and tried to catch his breath. Ok…seriously though, he was about to die. Everyone around him panicked, Baekhyun wouldn’t stop his coughing, it was getting serious.


“Water!” Chanyeol exclaimed at his friends as he searched blindly for water at their table.”Where’s the ing water!?”

His eye caught a bottle on the table just beside theirs. He quickly stood up and reached for it then handed it to Baekhyun in record time. They watched as Baekhyun drank some water and his coughing went away gradually. Almost everyone was watching and they were shocked but also impressed by Chanyeol’s outburst.

Baekhyun placed the bottle on the table and looked up. Oh gosh. Everyone was staring. He couldn’t handle it.

“Baekhyun, are you okay?” Luhan asked. He was hovering over Baekhyun, along with Kyungsoo. They seemed really worried and genuine about it.

“Yes.” Baekhyun replied softly. He was so embarrassed, he’d be thankful for anything to come and take him out of this situation. But nothing was taking him, he’ll just go.

He stood up and left the cafeteria, face all red from the embarrassment and the totally unwanted choking.

“Is he okay?” Kyungsoo asked slowly after a silent minute.

“Umm . . . Chanyeol I think yo-” before Luhan could end his sentence, Chanyeol was up and out the door, going after Baekhyun.


“Well, that was close.” Luhan sighed in relief as he returned to his seat.”Our Chanyeol is growing up.”

“Yeah, he’s the type that waits for the special one and now he has found that one. He obviously cares about Baekhyun, gosh.” Kyungsoo agreed with a smile of his own.

“Why are you guys talking about him like he’s a baby?” Kai looked at them in disbelief. Seriously those two can get so cliche it’d hurt. Like it’d really hurt.

Kyungsoo gave him a glare.

“You agree with us too, you know he doesn’t just go around dating and flirting with people. But instead he waits for, like I said before, the one.” Kyungsoo explained.

“But don’t you think it’s odd.” Luhan furrowed his eyebrows.”He never told us about Baekhyun and all of a sudden he’s dating him. And he didn’t even think about that Baekhyun`s “the nerd” of the school and everyone would judge them. He just went on with it.”

“Yes. That’s exactly what I mean.” Kyungsoo nearly squealed.”He really likes Baekhyun. It’s so sweet, isn’t it Jongin?”

“Huh?” Kai scrunched his noes.”I can only call you sweet, BabySoo. Nothing else.” 

Kyungsoo sighed and cleaned up his food along with Baekhyun’s and Chanyeol’s. There was only five mins till lunch was over, might as well pack their things up.


You guys are completely wrong, Jongin thought after he heard Kyungsoo and Luhan rant about Chanyeol.
Or maybe not completely. He began to think that Chanyeol was really liking Baekhyun. Or he could just be a very good actor.

It honestly scared Kai.

~~~

Ok ^^

I`m sorry for the fail.