31

It Began With A Bet

 

"Where are we going?" Baekhyun asked once again.

"You'll see." Chanyeol looked at him with a smile and squeezed Baekhyun's hand. He was only driving with his left hand because he just couldn't let go of Baekhyun's. Chanyeol slowed down a bit and leaned to the side, surprising Baekhyun with a kiss to his cheek.

"Chanyeol, you're driving!" Baekhyun put his fingers on the spot Chanyeol kissed, which was burning pleasantly.

"I don't care." Chanyeol shrugged.

"Well, I do. I still want to live." 

"Ok ok, I'm sorry. I still want to live too." Chanyeol glanced to his right."Because of you I want to live."

He earned a sweet smile from Baekhyun before the small boy opened his mouth."Okay, now look in front of you please."

Chanyeol obeyed silently. His bright and happy smile never leaving his lips as he continued to drive. The radio was on but on low volume. Chanyeol was focusing on the songs that were going and coming, he was counting down for the song he wanted to hear, or more specifically, the song he wanted Baekhyun to hear.

"Baekhyun?"

"Hmm?" Baekhyun answered without removing his eyes from outside the window.

"Why don't you higher the volume on the radio?"

"You want to listen?" This time the smaller boy returned his attention on Chanyeol.

"Yeah." Chanyeol smiled excitedly. "Make it really high, ok?"

"Ok." Baekhyun did as he was asked even though he was kind of confused. Chanyeol looked like he was hiding something. A sad song that Baekhyun never heard was on and it seemed like it was about to end. It did end in about one minute, Baekhyun was thankful for that because he had had enough with sad songs and sad feelings and all the pain that came with it. He just wanted to be happy now. With Chanyeol, of course.


 "Our next song is a request from Park Chanyeol to his sweetheart Byun Baekhyun!" Suddenly, a lady's voice happily chimed through the speakers."It is DBSK's You're My Melody. Isn't that just adorable? Such a beautiful song. Well, enjoy and Baekhyun-ah, if I were you I'd never let go of this Chanyeol!" 

She laughed a little then all that was heard was the soft music beginning playing.

All Baekhyun could do was look at Chanyeol, stunned expression plastered on his face. He was just about to ask when, how, where or even what, but was stopped by Chanyeol. The taller boy placed his finger on his own smiling lips, then afterwards pointed his same finger to his ear. Baekhyun understood, shush and listen. He obeyed but he was dying to ask Chanyeol - he didn't even know exactly what he wanted to ask him. 


As the song played, Baekhyun's lips formed a beaming smile at the overly sweet lyrics. He was delighted and he couldn't hide it, even if he tried. Baekhyun didn't try though. He was happy and he was going to show it. Baekhyun kept looking down at his feet, wide grin never parting his face. Every few seconds, Baekhyun would look up at Chanyeol, who was keeping his eyes on the road with a goofy grin decorating his lips. Baekhyun thought it was too adorable. He wanted to kiss Chanyeol, he wanted to jump on him and hug him until neither of them could breathe any longer. How can someone be so sweet? How was Baekhyun ever thinking that he could be without Chanyeol? How did he let all those days pass without seeing Chanyeol? They were such a waste. 

Without knowing, Baekhyun's eyes were watering because he was so touched by Chanyeol's surprise. He didn't notice there were tears until they were blurring his eyes and starting to roll down his cheeks. Baekhyun quickly wiped them away, afraid Chanyeol would see them. It was embarrassing that he always cried easily, but he couldn't help the fact that he had a sensitive heart. Plus, all the pain he had been feeling when he was without Chanyeol was coming back to him. He was reminded of those bad days and it made him even more emotional, which caused the tears to slip out.

The song ended and at the same time the car halted to a stop. The lady's voice came on then another song that this time Baekhyun knew by heart -Snsd's Merry-go-round- his own emotions right then were a wild merry go round. As he looked at Chanyeol -who was now looking back at him- and as the sweet melody went through his ears and touched his heart, Baekhyun felt so grateful. Grateful for Chanyeol, grateful for living at the same time as Chanyeol, grateful for being in the same school as Chanyeol, and grateful for ever agreeing to the bet. 

Before he thought twice, Baekhyun unbuckled his seatbelt and leaned towards Chanyeol, ignoring the pain stinging in his lower back and between his legs. His hands immediately cupped Chanyeol's cheeks, causing Chanyeol to smile even wider. Then Baekhyun kissed him. He tried his best to make the kiss as sweet and emotion filled as possible, although he realized he didn't have to try. It was all coming naturally; everything came naturally when he was with Chanyeol anyway.   He almost laughed into the kiss when he felt Chanyeol try to kiss back but failing, due to his unending smile. So Baekhyun just pulled away but kept their foreheads touching. 

"When?" Was all Baekhyun could say. Sure, it wasn't a full question but he knew Chanyeol understood.

"Right before you came downstairs." Chanyeol laughed lightly."The radio was on and they were open for requests, so I called and asked them to put on that song for my one and only sweetheart." Chanyeol slid both his hands down Baekhyun's side until they rested on his waist. He waited for Baekhyun to say anything else but got nothing except a longing stare into his eyes.

"Speechless or what?" Chanyeol joked. His smile started to fade away slowly when he realized there were tears rolling out Baekhyun's eyes. Chanyeol sighed.

"Baek, why do have so many tears in y-"

"I'm sorry. T-thank you." Baekhyun was quick to beat him as he almost gasped out the words."Thank you so much Chanyeol. Thank you for everything."

Chanyeol raised one hand to Baekhyun's face to wipe the endless tears away."What are you even thanking me for? I do noth-"

It seemed like Chanyeol wasn't going to be able to ever finish his words, because once again he got cut off by Baekhyun.

"I love you." Baekhyun's voice was almost shaking. He pushed himself closer to Chanyeol and hugged him tight, burying his face into Chanyeol's warm neck, and whispering I love you once more.

"I love you too." Chanyeol said, hugging Baekhyun tighter."I love you from the bottom of my heart. I love you more than Sehun loves Luhan."

Chanyeol felt a small chuckle on his skin before Baekhyun lifted his head to connect their eyes again. He was smiling in a way that had Chanyeol's heart want to jump out his skin because there was suddenly not enough room in his chest.

"Really?" Baekhyun asked, his tears beginning to go away and eyes sparkling with something else. Chanyeol nodded.

"Ok then, I love you more than Kai loves Kyungsoo." Baekhyun said mischievously. Chanyeol laughed and ran his fingers through Baekhyun's brown hair.

"They would both kill us if they knew." He ruffled Baekhyun's hair as he kept laughing.

"Hey! Don't mess up my hair..." Baekhyun whined childishly and pouted.

"Ok baby, I won't." Chanyeol responded but kept on ruffling the soft hair anyway.

"That's unfair." Baekhyun muttered.

"No. You know what's unfair?" Chanyeol lowered his voice as he brought their faces close enough for their lips to linger on each other."That pout is unfair. It makes me want to just eat you up because you're so adorable Baek. So damn adorable."

Before Chanyeol could attach their lips, Baekhyun pulled away teasingly to sit back in his seat.

"Are we there yet?" Baekhyun asked casually, looking out the window and observing the area they had stopped at.

"Yeah, we are." Chanyeol was holding back a frustrated groan because he really wanted to kiss Baekhyun and even more, he really wanted to make out passionately with the smaller boy right in the car. 

"Isn't this-"

"Yes, it's the field." Chanyeol finished for Baekhyun. This place has became a million times more special to him because of Baekhyun. So many moments they have shared and his favorite one of all; their first kiss.


"I should've known..." Baekhyun said as he opened his door. He stepped out the car and Chanyeol did the same. Chanyeol took out the bag he prepared from the middle seat and walked to Baekhyun, holding his hand after locking the car. Not a minute had passed with them walking and chatting about the fresh weather when Chanyeol noticed something. Without a word he jumped in front of Baekhyun and squatted to the ground, his back facing the other baffled boy.

"Hop on." Chanyeol smiled, looking up at Baekhyun.

"Chanyeol, what....?"

"You can barely walk and it's all my fault, so come on. Piggyback time." 

Baekhyun blushed, how did Chanyeol notice? He was trying to be stealth about it but obviously, it didn't work. Of course he was in pain and it was difficult to walk straight without wincing but he wasn't going to tell Chanyeol. And he didn't want Chanyeol to notice either. Baekhyun was turning red by the second as embarrassing thoughts rang in his head.

"N-No, I'm okay. I can walk." He lied and Chanyeol totally looked like he wasn't giving in.

"Piggyback time." Chanyeol repeated  and looked at the other boy with pleading eyes."Come on Baek. I feel guilty."

Those eyes, Baekhyun was going weak at the sight of them pleading him.

With a sigh of defeat, Baekhyun climbed on Chanyeol's wide back, grabbing the bag from Chanyeol and then wrapping his arms around the tall boy's neck. In one moment his feet were off the ground and Chanyeol's hands were holding his thighs securely. 

"Wow!! It's so high up here!" Baekhyun laughed as he enjoyed the additional height. 

"You should've drank lots of milk." Chanyeol and began walking towards their destination.  

"I did drink milk! Plenty and plenty of gallons!" 

"Obviously." Chanyeol squeezed his thighs and Baekhyun's eyes went wide at the simple word. Without hesitating, Baekhyun bit Chanyeol's slightly exposed shoulder, putting pressure into the bite as the meaning behind that word ran in his mind wildly.

"Ow!" Chanyeol halted in his steps."Who taught you how to bite like that??"

"See. I do drink milk, my teeth are strong and healthy." Baekhyun smirked and then placed a soft kiss on the red spot.

"You're still a shorty." Chanyeol smiled, knowing that he was in danger of ravishing Baekhyun right then for being so cute, sweet, and just everything that made Chanyeol's stomach turn pleasantly, causing his head feel light.

"Whatever." Baekhyun rested his cheek on an over willing shoulder.

"The cutest shorty ever to exist." 

"Kyungsoo is cuter than me actually. Sometimes I want to squish him because he's super adorable." Baekhyun confessed.

"Are you Kai in Baekhyun's body or what?" 

"No..." Baekhyun laughed lightly, dragging his right hand to rest on Chanyeol's heart.

"You're the cutest. The end."

Baekhyun only hummed and closed his eyes as he tried his best to feel the heart beats to his hand. They remained silent as Chanyeol walked more of the way, not rushing and just enjoying Baekhyun's body pressed on his back. He didn't notice in the beginning but Baekhyun was gazing at him like it was the first time he's seen him. It was like he was looking at something so fascinating and so out of this world. 

"Chanyeol?" Baekhyun called in a low voice.

"Yes baby?"

"You know," Baekhyun said softly, gripping tighter on Chanyeol."You're very handsome."

"Really?" Chanyeol laughed."And you know, you're very beautiful."

"Can you just let me compliment you without talking about me?" Baekhyun pouted. He really enjoyed every thing Chanyeol said about him, but Baekhyun never got the chance to compliment Chanyeol the way he wanted. For several reasons, but the main reasons were that Baekhyun was shy and Chanyeol barely gave him a chance to say anything about him because he was always talking about Baekhyun and wonderful Baekhyun was. Baekhyun wanted to switch turns now.

"You don't like it or what?" Chanyeol frowned, trying to take a look of Baekhyun's face.

"No, its not that. I like it. A lot. But.." Baekhyun bit his lip."I want to compliment you now. I never compliment you and you always compliment me. Don't you think it's unfair?" 

"Oh, I see. I don't think it's unfair Baek, I just say what I feel and see, and you can too. I won't stop you." Chanyeol suddenly stopped his steps and Baekhyun realized that they were at the little hill with the flowers. He didn't even notice because he was drowning himself in Chanyeol's deep voice. Chanyeol crouched down and Baekhyun moved off him carefully.

"Go ahead, I'm all ears." Chanyeol was up and facing him with an amused smile on his face.

"Uh well...." Baekhyun kept biting his lower lip, staring at the ground and the flowers and even the sky, but never looking at Chanyeol. Just a minute ago he was confident that he could tell Chanyeol everything he adores about him but that confidence was suddenly dead with the way Chanyeol was looking at him and waiting.

"Nothing to say, huh?" Chanyeol smiled teasingly as he let his body lie down on the soft ground with a loud sigh. He looked up at Baekhyun."So there's nothing interesting about me?"

Immediately, Baekhyun shook his head."No no, there is but it's just..."

Baekhyun wanted to smack himself for being so dumb. Seriously, he didn't know what happened to him, he was all of a sudden very flustered.

"Come here." Chanyeol patted the space beside him and Baekhyun silently sat down beside the younger boy, feeling guilty.

"Remember our first kiss Baek?" 

Although he was still feeling bad, Baekhyun couldn't help but feel giddy at the memory of their first kiss in the same place they were sitting at right then.

"Yeah, I do." Baekhyun blushed as he played with a purple flower next to him to distract himself."Of course I do."

Chanyeol didn't say anything after that. Baekhyun didn't find anything to say either, so it became silent for a couple of minutes. Baekhyun kept his gaze on the flower that was now plucked and in his hands and Chanyeol was thinking of something deeply as he stared at Baekhyun and his flawless beauty. It was creepy but he just couldn't help it. Looking at Baekhyun was his favorite thing to do. Still quiet, Chanyeol grabbed Baekhyun's hand in his and tugged at it gently. Baekhyun looked at him and Chanyeol only pulled him closer until Baekhyun was lying next to him. The close distance wasn't enough for Chanyeol so he gathered Baekhyun closer against his chest, in between his arms. He even tangled their legs together and pulled even closer until they were facing each other. Chanyeol looked down at Baekhyun's face just to find him blushing even more.

GOD HELP ME

Chanyeol felt like he was about to burst or something. He tangled his fingers through Baekhyun's brown hair and began the soft strands. The more he gazed at Baekhyun, the more he found himself feeling speechless. So before he became completely speechless, he opened his mouth to speak his mind.

"I was so scared that I'll never have you in my arms like this again." Chanyeol confessed in a low voice. He could tell that he was on the verge of tears. 

"Chanyeol?" 

"I swear I wanted nothing more than you to come back. I didn't want to do anything but see you, or be around anyone else. I wanted no one but you. "

Baekhyun looked hurt by Chanyeol's words. He felt even more guilty right then. 

"There's lots of fish in the sea though." Baekhyun said with a small smile, poorly attempting to cheer up the mood.

"No" Chanyeol frowned."I don't care how many fish are in the sea. I don't want fish. I want you."

At that, Baekhyun laughed and brought their faces close."Good, because if you choose nasty fish over me then I'll cook both you and the fish together. Oh, and burn you."

"You'll never have to worry about that, honey." Chanyeol cracked a smile and nuzzled their noses together."I wouldn't put anyone or anything above you."

"Chanyeol, you're very sweet you know that." Baekhyun whispered.


"So now you're ready to compliment me?" Chanyeol raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah. Maybe." Baekhyun whispered even lower this time, making Chanyeol's stomach twist. His toes curled in sweet pleasure when Baekhyun surprised him with a soft kiss onto his lips. It was short-lived but god the things it did to Chanyeol.

"Your voice is the most magical voice I've ever heard.  It's just too much to handle sometimes." Baekhyun said honestly. He was really ready to say what he wanted to say."Your height is perfect, I love leaning up to kiss you. And speaking of kissing, it's definitely my favorite thing of you. Your kisses......they make me lose my mind, Chanyeol." Baekhyun didn't mean to but he said his last sentence with a low and husky voice that had Chanyeol holding back a groan. Just when Baekhyun parted his lips to finish his confession, he was stopped by Chanyeol rolling them over until the taller was hovering over Baekhyun. It really couldn't be called hovering though since Chanyeol was practically glued on Baekhyun. Chanyeol didn't give a chance for Baekhyun to say or do anything because he was already capturing those kissable lips in between his. Chanyeol kissed him hard, but still carefully. One smooch after another until Baekhyun was and gasping at the new and wonderful way Chanyeol was kissing him. Baekhyun kissed back, trying to keep up with Chanyeol's desperate lips. His legs were already around Chanyeol, hugging the other's hips with his plush thighs. And his hands were going through Chanyeol's hair, playing with it and messing it up just like Chanyeol was messing around with his shirt to feel his stomach.

They remained kissing for what felt like heavenly hours, which were really just a few minutes, but no less heavenly. The second they parted, Chanyeol swore in a low voice but Baekhyun heard because they were so so close.

"I don't think it's a good idea to compliment me." Chanyeol breathed out."Save it until we're in bed."

Baekhyun blushed deeply at Chanyeol's too honest words. Well, now he knew how to get Chanyeol triggered in....bed. 

Chanyeol forced his body off Baekhyun's, while trying to look somewhere other than Baekhyun's face. He was kind of embarrassed that he got so so easily, so impossibly easily. He knew it wasn't something very hard for Baekhyun to do to him. Everything Baekhyun did had some kind of effect on Chanyeol. But he still should have had some control on himself. 

"I'm sorry." Chanyeol said as he felt Baekhyun loosen the grip his thighs had on Chanyeol's hips.

"It's okay." Baekhyun's voice sounded wrecked and he was breathless. That made Chanyeol glad that he had the same crazy effect on Baekhyun that Baekhyun had on him.

Instead of going back to his original place, Chanyeol reached for the bag they brought with them and pulled some things out. He then went back to his spot and sat down comfortably. Chanyeol felt Baekhyun get up also and from his peripheral vision, he could see that Baekhyun was straightening up the shirt he was wearing.

"What is that?" Baekhyun was beside him again and looking down at Chanyeol's hands.

"You don't remember this?" Chanyeol asked incredulously.

Baekhyun took a closer look to the drawing on the paper. It was an incredibly crooked heart that looked like a two year old worked on and Baekhyun didn't have to think about it to remember. He just let out a small "oh" at the realization. 


"Oh." Chanyeol mimicked the older boy then laughed."We could finish it today. All we have to do is color."


"But it's kinda...." Baekhyun trailed off.

"I know, it's kinda very crooked and maybe even ugly. But it's still beautiful in a way, right?" 

"Yeah, I guess it is." This time Baekhyun agreed quickly, and with a smile he got comfortable on his stomach. Chanyeol imitated his moves and spread out the crayons and their heart with a notebook beneath it for support.

They colored the whole thing in nearly three minutes.

"You see, it looks much better in color Baek."

Baekhyun hummed in agreement and placed his crayon down in favor of resting his face on the palms of his hands. He remained admiring their now fixed heart with a wide smile plastered on his face. The drawing was abruptly covered by another paper that was cut into a perfect heart and colored red. Baekhyun gave Chanyeol a confused look but the taller only grinned and said,"Flip it over."


Baekhyun flipped it over, pretty fast because he was really curious about what it was exactly. 

Once again, he received a pleasant surprise from Chanyeol that had his heart beat faster than normal. The front of the heart was the same as the back except for one difference. Baekhyun's name was written all over it. Baekhyun here, Baekhyun there, Baekhyun everywhere. It looked almost the same as Baekhyun's drawing of the heart with Chanyeol's name in it. Baekhyun sighed dreamily as he stared at the beautiful art piece.

"How are you so kind?" Baekhyun asked lowly without removing his eyes from the heart.

"Only for you, baby." Chanyeol placed his right hand on Baekhyun's lower back and let his fingers crawl up Baekhyun's spine.

Baekhyun shivered but before he could stop Chanyeol, his hand was covering Baekhyun's eyes, blocking his eyesight. The hand didn't stay long though, after a few seconds Chanyeol pulled away and the first thing Baekhyun saw was a bright red rose in front of his eyes.

"Chanyeol, you're going to give me a heart attack with your surprises." Baekhyun sighed.

"Are they bad or what?"

"No, they're just too good."

Chanyeol chuckled and slid the rose behind Baekhyun's ear, ignoring Baekhyun's "what are you doing?" completely.


"Chanyeol?" Chanyeol still didn't answer, all he did was turn Baekhyun's face towards him with a finger to his chin.

"You're so beautiful. You put the rose to shame." Chanyeol whispered, staring deep in Baekhyun's eyes. The older boy blushed and just froze when Chanyeol kissed his lips softly. 

"My gorgeous lady." Chanyeol said once he pulled away.

"Chanyeol! I'm not a lady!" Baekhyun whined.


Chanyeol laughed and connected their foreheads before saying something else that had Baekhyun turning red.

"I agree. I know what you are, I've seen it all." 

Baekhyun pushed Chanyeol away from him by the shoulder with a groan. 

"Can you keep quiet about things like that?" Baekhyun spluttered out, trying to straighten his words since he was so embarrassed.

"No." Chanyeol managed to say through his laughter.

After Chanyeol's crazy laughing died down, he rested on his back and looked towards Baekhyun, who was looking at him also.

"How come you're not worried about school?" Chanyeol asked, reaching his hand out to give Baekhyun a brownie.

"I don't care about school." Baekhyun shrugged.

"Not one bit?" 

"Not one bit." Baekhyun nodded."I only want to be with you right now."

Chanyeol smiled and patted the place beside him."Come here."

Baekhyun immediately crawled over and curled himself into Chanyeol's warm body.

"You're so comfy." Baekhyun nuzzled his nose on Chanyeol's chest.

"And you're so cute." Chanyeol glanced down to the boy that was clinging on him adorably.

Baekhyun blushed and tried to cover it up by placing his brownie to Chanyeol's lips, offering a bite. Chanyeol bit a surprisingly big amount that made Baekhyun pout.

"You brownie thief." Baekhyun stuck his tongue out to Chanyeol who only laughed.

"You can steal mine for payback." Chanyeol did the same Baekhyun had done with his brownie, placing it on Baekhyun's lips.

 

-------

Err...sorry for the delay. Hope you're enjoying this piece of nonsense.

Some of you are asking me if it's alright to translate my story and I've thought about it (for too long). My answer is no, sorry. I'm very happy and honored that you guys want to translate it but I'd rather keep it this way for personal reasons. Thank you very much, really. And I'm sorry again.

Enjoy! :)