Spring blossoming

Can you forget the past for the present?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yonghwa's POV

Of course, nothing was perfect when it came to love. I guess life wasn't fair like that. 

Even though Shinhye and I were friends now I knew that we could never be as close as we used to be and what was worse, I knew it was my fault. 

My fault for going away and promising something that I may have not been able to keep, for breaking her heart, for making her wait so long, too long in fact. That had been how the naive, little me had acted but now I knew that I wasn't so foolish anymore. Our love couldn't be perfect but it could still happen. As long as Shinhye accepted it. 

Shinhye and I were at the park. We were walking the length of the park like we used to before lying on the grass, playing the cloud shape game. I would wipe ice cream off her lips like I used to and walk around holding hands together, but somehow it was different and would now never be the same. We definitely understood each other better though and I guess that's what had brought us back together. 

I looked down and made my footsteps match Shinhye's. I smiled to myself and squeezed Shinhye's hand tighter, it was sunny out and she looked especially beautiful with her long, wavy hair flowing in the wind and the sunlight shining down on her, highlighting her in my eyes. 

We only spoke to point out a uniquely shaped cloud we had spotted but neither of us felt uncomfortable in each other's company. 

I spotted Minho and Seohyun chasing what looked like a butterfly at the other end of the park. They looked so happy together and strangely I didn't feel jealous like I would have before but instead felt contented.

Watching Shinhye's face I could see that she felt happy and content as well. 

As long as Shinhye was there I knew I would carry on feeling content, there would be arguments and hardships, I know, but we would fins a way to overcome it. We overcame this one, hadn't we? 

I would be her past, present and future. 

The only one there forever and this time I wouldn't make the same mistake of letting her go. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter