Chapter 9: How It All Started

SOS - Stalker

 

 

No one's pov

 

 

 

There was no lead to where Yunho's brother could be. After a whole day of searching, they couldn't find anything. Where Changmin usually went, where he hid when he was upset, even their parents grave. He was still no where to be found. Yunho was running out of ideas, where was Changmin? He resulted in spending the night in Cho Kyuhyun's room. After they saw him in the operation room, he was moved to a proper room where the singer could rest. A private one for the singer since having people around him might frighten him after waking. Yunho wanted to stay by Kyuhyun's side, he felt it was safer for the both of them that way. Partly because it was his fault for not spotting the change in Changmin's behaviour and how he would spend the majority of his time in Seohyun's old room. He should have noticed it, he was such a bad brother for not noticing. How could he have no seen it? She's dead, Changmin knows it. Then why? Why would he do it? Yunho's head was hurting. He hadn't slept for a long time, he'd been awake for 19 hours now and judging by how they had no lead on Changmin, he wouldn't be sleeping anytime soon.

 

 

"Yunho, you should sleep." Yoochun walked into Kyuhyun's room where Yunho was sitting on the sofa with his head in his hands. Yoochun felt bad for the older after what has happened, he couldn't treat Changmin as an enemy. No one can, that was their weakness and the whole reason why they haven't caught him. Yunho is smart, he and Yoochun both know that but in some ways, Changmin is smarter because he knows how Yunho thinks. He can avoid everything, that makes it a lot harder to find and confront him.

 

 

"I'm not tired." Yunho protested but Yoochun knew he was lying.

 

 

"I know you're not tired. You're exhausted, that's what you are." Of course he would be, they all are. Everyone had been running around the place, the back up police officers had to be called off and given a new order of searching the whole of Seoul of one person. It was like finding a needle in a haystack. Who knows, Changmin might not even be in Seoul anymore, he could have planned an escape out of the country by this time. The police force was falling behind and falling quick. They had no lead, they were confused and depressed.

 

 

"I can't-"

 

 

"Don't worry, I'll keep watch. Just... just try to sleep. Please, for all of us on the force." Yoochun begged. He rarely begged for anything, he, like Yunho was a man full of pride. Yunho nodded weakly and rested his back on the sofa, soon falling into sleep. Yoochun looked around and found a blanket in the room and draped it on Yunho's body. He sighed, thankful that Yunho didn't put on much of a fight. He was tired too but he had work to do. Yunho was broken and lost right now so he had to be the one to bring him back to the right path, he had to be the sane one.

He brought his weak body over to the car located on the side of Kyuhyun's bed. He sat down on it and watched Kyuhyun sleeping peacefully. He brought his hand up and brushed Kyuhyun's bangs away from his face. He was indeed beautiful, no wonder Changmin feel for his charms. He had heard Kyuhyun sing a couple of times and his voice was as beautiful as his face. Anyone could fall for Kyuhyun in a heart beat. He heard his phone beep, a message.

 

 

To Yoochun

From Jaejoong

How is Kyuhyun? Did he wake up yet?

Did you finally get Yunho to sleep?

 

 

He smiled at the older's concern for everyone, he was indeed a mother to everyone. That was why a lot of people liked Jaejoong in the force, he was always really caring and friendly.

 

 

To Jaejoong

From Yoochun

He's fine but he hasn't woken up yet.

Yunho is sleeping right now. I'm on look-out duty.

 

 

To Yoochun

From Jaejoong

That's good, he needs his sleep.

Tell me when Kyuhyun wakes up.

You should sleep soon, don't strain yourself.

There's still no news on Changmin.

 

 

To Jaejoong

From Yoochun

Don't worry about me, I'll be fine.

Report back to me if you find anything on Changmin.

 

 

His phone beeped again but he didn't pick it up. It was probably Jaejoong replying telling him he needs to sleep as well. He didn't want to, he didn't feel the need to but that was probably what Yunho was feeling moments before he fell asleep on the sofa. He sighed and brought his hand up to his head and ruffled his hair.

Where are you Changmin?

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Yoochun felt a tug at his sleeve. He gave in inward groan and he reluctantly sat up on his chair. The sun had risen, he looked up at his watch. 8:30am, he had fallen asleep. He looked up and saw Kyuhyun sitting up on his bed.

 

 

"You're awake!" He jumped up and rubbed his eyes, Kyuhyun looked even more beautiful as the sun illuminated his features, shining down on him. He was smiling, he wasn't scared. Yoochun was confused. 'He's strong'

 

 

"You're a police officer aren't you?" He asked Yoochun. Yoochun nodded, how did he know?

"You're with Changmin's brother, Jung Yunho, aren't you?" He must have guessed since Yunho was sleeping a few metres away on the sofa in front of Kyuhyun's bed. He was happy the young singer didn't feel scared or insecure, it was easier this way. He could ask more questions but he still had to tread carefully. This was still a very sensitive subject.

 

 

"My name is officer Park Yoochun. Nice to meet you," He introduced himself and brought out his hand. The other shook it.

 

 

"Nice to meet you officer Park, I'm Cho Kyuhyun but you probably know that already." Yoochun nodded, Kyuhyun was a smart one it seemed.

"Feel free to ask any questions but I don't know if I can answer some of them. It seems my memory is still a bit fuzzy." Yoochun remembered the doctor saying Kyuhyun had been injected with some drugs that made him forget fragments of his memories, probably the most haunted ones that Changmin didn't want Kyuhyun to remember. This was harder than he originally thought.

 

 

"What do you know about Jung Changmin?" Kyuhyun looked up at the ceiling for a bit.

 

 

"He's around my age. Taller than me. He didn't really tell me a lot about himself but I heard him with his brother a couple of times. But that was when they were arguing about something... I'm not to sure what it was about though. He seemed to know a lot about me." Kyuhyun really didn't know much about Changmin. He was one to like to keep everything about his private life hidden, he didn't know if he liked or hated anything, if he was still in school or had already started working.

 

 

"What happened on the night you were kidnapped?" Yoochun said in a quiet voice, he didn't want Kyuhyun to feel bad or panic, he needed to be careful with his questions.

 

 

"One the night of my kidnapping, I was meant to meet up with Donghae hyung since he wanted to see me. He was waiting outside my door but that night I wanted to go out for a midnight stroll. He called me and told me to come home so I did. Then I felt someone grab my wrist and covered my face with a cloth which caused me to black out." Kyuhyun's voice cracked in the middle but remained in tact. Yoochun nodded as he took out a little black notebook and recorded everything. He was about to speak again but his phone rang. He picked it up and looked at the caller I.D. It was Jaejoong.

 

 

"Hello?"

 

 

"Yoochun!" Jaejoong's voice was in panic, he was breathing heavily and his footsteps were loud and fast. He seemed to be running.

 

 

"What's wrong hyung?"

 

 

"We found him! We found Changmin!"

 

 

"WHAT?!" He jumped up from his chair, startling Kyuhyun and waking up Yunho in the process.

"Ok, where are you? Ok, We'll be right there. Please, be safe hyung." He cut off. Yunho looked up at him, still half asleep as he saw Kyuhyun on the bed, awake, his eyes widened.

 

 

"You're awake?" Yunho walked over to Kyuhyun. Yoochun grabbed Yunho wrist which startled the older.

 

 

"No time for chit chat hyung. We have work to do. It was Jaejoong, he found Changmin." Yunho shivered at his brother's name. They found him... He looked over at Kyuhyun, he too jumped from the name but was quick in overcoming his fears and regain his posture.

 

 

"Let's go." Yunho and Yoochun was about to go when Yunho felt his sleeve get caught by something. He looked back and saw Kyuhyun holding onto his sleeve.

 

 

"Take me with you." He ordered the police men.

 

 

"No." Yunho was quick to answer. He didn't want Kyuhyun to see the man who had caused him so much pain, he wanted to protect him, it was his job to. Kyuhyun looked at Yunho's eyes, there was no sign of overpowering like his voice was demanding but instead he was begging Yunho and Yoochun to take him with them.

 

 

"Please, I need to know. Why...?" His voice was quiet. Yunho looked over at Yoochun who gave him a smile. Normally Yunho would be the one to lead but right now, he needed Yoochun more than ever.

 

 

"Fine, but if I feel that you're in danger, I will take you back here or lock you in the car ok?" Kyuhyun gave him a bright smile and nodded, whispering a really quiet 'Thank you' which none of them heard. They left the hospital, of course with much difficulty as Kyuhyun was still a bit weak and he couldn't walk on his own. A discharge letter was too long if they were to ask for one so they went on to plan B, leave without any questions asked.

Kyuhyun was on Yunho's back with Yoochun's long coat draped on top of him. Thank god they were police men so they could just show their badges and out the hospital doors they went. They went inside Yunho's car which was parked in the hospital car park.

 

 

"Where are we going?" Kyuhyun asked Yoochun who was currently driving.

 

 

"Han river." Kyuhyun tilted his head, it was a strange place to be at this kind of time. Mainly runners who liked to see the beautiful sounds and features of nature would be there at this time. Not a very good hide out since it wasn't deserted or anything, it was a famous place.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Changmin stood at the Han river's bridge, looking over at the running waters down below. He smiled, it was a lovely day and a lovely morning. He only wished that Kyuhyun was with him right now. The closed his eyes, taking in the small breeze as he listened to the birds sing. It was like that day.

 

 

Flashback~

 

 

"NO! NO! NO! Why would you even ask that? NO! I won't!" Seohyun shouted. She flung her arm down, making Changmin let go as she turned to face the river, away from Changmin.

 

 

"Please! You're the only one who can help me! I love him, I need him! Can't you see?" Seohyun shook her head and turned back around to face Changmin. She hated it, it was a beautiful day and he had to spoil it.

 

 

"No! Why would I ever help you kidnap Cho Kyuhyun! I would be committing a crime, who knows how many years I could get for being an accomplice?!" She was shocked that Changmin would ever suggest such a thing in the first place. When Kyuhyun first debuted, she had been the one to introduce the new singer to Changmin, her boyfriend. After a few months, she found him getting more reserved to her. He would lock himself inside him room. Seohyun and Changmin had been going out for some time, to the point where they now lived together with his brother Yunho. It was one fateful day where she walked into Changmin's room, wanting to ask him and talk to him about their relationship only to find posters of Cho Kyuhyun plastered all over his wall. He had became obsessed with the new singer, more than she would have ever thought. That was also the day they ended it. Seohyun packed her things and left their house.

A few days ago Changmin texted her and asked her to meet up with in at 9:00am at the Han river bridge to talk about something important. Changmin would never do something like this so she agreed. What she heard was something ridiculous. 'I want you to help me kidnap Cho Kyuhyun.' he said those exact words. It repeated in he mind a couple of times before she managed to register what he had just said.

"No! I won't! Just leave him be! I don't care if you love him. He's a singer, he probably doesn't even know who you are, never mind love you." She folded her arms. She was saying the truth, the cold hard truth.

 

 

"NO! NO! HE LOVES ME TOO! WE ARE MEANT TO BE TOGETHER! NO! SHUT THE UP!" He shouted. She had angered him, she had never seen Changmin so angry.

 

 

"Changmin! Stop! You have become to obsessed! Forget about him!!" She fought back.

 

 

"NO! SHUT THE UP YOU ! NO! HE LOVES ME! WE WILL BE TOGETHER, WITH OR WITHOUT YOUR HELP!" He turned around and ran from Seohyun.

 

 

"WHERE ARE YOU GOING?" She shouted but received no response from the other. She felt horrible, it was all her fault. If only she didn't introduce Cho Kyuhyun to Changmin, everything would be fine. They would still be together.She felt tears flowing from her face, she was crying.

"I have to tell Yunho oppa... I'm sorry Changmin. This is for the best." She said to herself.

 

 

 

"Today, a young girl was killed in a hit and run accident in the streets of Seoul. The driver drove off at high speeds before any witness could see their face..."

 

 

End of flashback~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So.... What do you think? Next chapters the last! I'm most likely going to do a double update xD Is it getting exciting? Are you all liking this ficcie? I'm really scared >.< I'm not to sure how to end it! sklfhalshkgalks let's just go with the flow! YEAH!

Did you guys forget about the girl from when Yunho and Changmin were arguing? (You probably did since I didn't update for so long! SOWWIE!!)

 

Comments and Subscribes will be treasured and loved <3