Chapter 5: Flashback

SOS - Stalker

No one’s Pov

 

 

 

Changmin waited for Kyuhyun to leave the kitchen, carefully looking at his movement as the T.V gave some light, allowing Kyuhyun’s shadow to be seen. He waited till he heard the door of Kyuhyun’s room close, giving a mental note to lock the door later in case Kyuhyun were to escape. He turned around; sure that Kyuhyun was gone before picking up the pot that was dropped on the floor, cleaning up the mess he made. The T.V was still on, the news report continued. As Changmin cleared up, he listened into the report, straining his hearing.

 

 

 

“We still have no lead on who the killer is. Please, if anyone has seen anything or heard anything; contact the Seoul police as soon as possible.”

 

 

 

Changmin grabbed the remote from the kitchen counter, switching off the T.V and switching on the light in the kitchen since his only source of light was switched off. He didn’t want to hear anything more about that guy, the one who ruined everything. He opened a new pack of instant noodles, putting it in the pot and putting the boiling water, he cooked the noodles slowly. Remembering about the remote, he threw it on the couch, knowing that if he didn’t, he’ll forget about it later.

He heard the front door open, turning around he saw his older brother, remembering that he was at work all this time.

 

 

 

“Hey Hyung, you came home late.”  Yunho walked over to Changmin, entering the kitchen. He saw what Changmin was doing and smiled at the younger. Despite the fight last night, he seemed to be acting normal again.

 

 

 

“Yeah, work’s been killing me.” He ran his hand through his hair, messing it up. He made his way to the living room; his body slumped down on the couch. He grabbed onto the remote and switched on the T.V, changing the channels until he stopped at a re-run of Running Man was one, his personal favourite show.

“I got put onto the team which was working on Cho Kyuhyun’s and Lee Donghae’s case.” Changmin’s heart froze. He totally forgot his brother was a policeman.

 

 

 

 

Changmin’s Pov

 

 

 

 

“Yeah… I’ve been meaning to ask you… How is it going?” I didn’t turn around; I didn’t want to see his face. After all, I’m the one causing all this. I’m the one who kidnapped Kyuhyun and....I‘m the one who killed Lee Donghae.

 

 

 

Flashback~ 2 days ago

 

 

 

I was outside, taking a small stroll in the park, it was early in the morning, one of my favourite times of the day when no one was awake despite the strong sunlight. That was when I saw him, the same man I saw that day I kidnapped Kyuhyun. I remembered him asking about him, probably a friend, someone who would get in the way. I decided to ignore him for now, making a mental note to look out for him and to stand as far away as possible. I wouldn’t want him asking questions now, would I?

I sat down on one of the nearby benches, taking out my phone I looked up on recent news, of course Kyuhyun being the main news. His pictures plastered everywhere in the streets of Seoul, begging everyone if they knew anything about his kidnapping to tell someone. I had to be happy despite all the chaos; I could see his face everywhere. When I was at work I would see it, even though he was at home, I couldn’t stand a minute away from him. I love him so much; he being away from me would kill me.

 

 

 

Without me noticing, it seemed that someone sat next me to.

 

 

 

“Hello again, I remember you from the other day.” Ah, that was when I remembered, he saw my face… that could be dangerous.

 

 

 

 

“Hi, is there anything you need?” I tried to sound as normal and casual as possible.

 

 

 

"My name is Lee Donghae. I'm a very good friend of the singer who is currently missing, Cho Kyuhyun. I just wanted to ask you about that day... Are you sure you didn't see or hear anything?" I pretended to think for a while, looking up at the sky and back down at the trees.

 

 

 

"I'm sorry; I didn't hear or see anything." I lied, his face turned upside down, clearly upset about the lack of news I had given him about Kyuhyun. I could tell he was going to get in the way of things. He wanted to take my Kyuhyun away from me.

"If you want, I could help you. I've been living here for quite some time now so I more or less know everyone. I could ask around if that would help." His face brightened up with glee as he grabbed onto my hand. I stiffened a bit, not wanting any physical contact with this Lee Donghae.

 

 

 

"Thank you! Thank you so much! That would be wonderful! Here!" He took out something from his pocket, a piece of paper and pen.

"This is my home address and phone number. If you hear any news on Kyuhyun, please contact me." He wrote is information down quickly, shoving it over to me. I took it, giving him a smile as he stood up from the bench, giving me a bow.

"I'm sorry, I must leave now. I've got work in an hour. I hope to see you soon!" He turned around, walking away while giving me a wave goodbye. I returned the wave, allowing a fake smile to plaster my face. Alas, I stood up; a sparkle in my eye, hatred for the man arose as I imagined all the time he and Kyuhyun spend together. He was a parasite who wanted to ruin everything I've worked so hard for. He needed to be wiped out for the face of the earth. I can't let him go any deeper, remembering my face was already a step too far.

I stood up from my seat, pocketing the piece of paper in my back trouser pocket, making my way home. If I was to do something, I had to make sure I was prepared for it. Tonight was supposedly one of the darkest nights Seoul has face in the last 20 years, perfect for a little....accident shall I say.

 

 

 

“See you again soon, Mr Lee Donghae.” I muttered to myself, his name rolled off my tongue, a sickeningly sweet name for someone so meddlesome.

As I entered my house, I aimed straight at the kitchen. Quickly whipping up something for my dear Kyuhyun, knowing he would have missed me if I weren’t the first one he saw as soon as he woke up. Well, if it wasn’t me he saw, who else would it be? I saw a note on the fridge.

 

 

 

“Won’t be home till tomorrow morning, be safe.

Love, Yunho hyung.”

 

 

 

I smiled at the note; it was as if Lee Donghae was meant to die tonight. I brought what I had cooked upstairs to Kyuhyun’s room on a tray. Just a small breakfast since I knew Kyuhyun didn’t eat a lot. Using one hand to hold onto the tray, I opened to door quietly, peeking inside. I saw Kyuhyun’s body still on the bed, his hair messy and the duvet covering half of his body. I smiled at the sweet sight in front of me, knowing I was the only one who was allowed to see this side of him.

I entered the room, putting the tray on the table before closing the door shut, locking it behind me. Kyuhyun’s body shuffled in the bed as I walked closer, sitting on the edge. I allowed myself to watch his sleeping figure for a bit, finally deciding to wake him up after a good minute or two. Time sure does go fast when you’re with the one you love.

 

 

 

“Mhmm…” He mumbled, shuffling onto his side and back again onto his back. He gave out a little yawn, covering with the back of his hand before stretching.

“Good…morning…” He greeted me, his voice deep and y, perfect morning voice ever.

 

 

 

“Good morning, my sweet Kyuhyun.” He gave me a small smile, sitting up from his bed.

 

 

 

“What time is it?”

 

 

 

“It’s time for you to wake up, my dear.” He nodded, slowly getting out of bed and into his bathroom, getting ready.

“By the way, I won’t be back till later this evening. I have something to do…” I told him, I could hear the brushing of teeth stop, knowing he’ll be surprised by the news. I waited for him to finish brushing as I heard the tape run and some sounds of movement. He came out of the bathroom, his eyes showing a bit of sadness. I stood up, walking over to him and grabbed him by the waist, giving him a tight squeeze.

 

 

 

“H-How long will you be gone for?” He stuttered. I knew he hated being alone.

 

 

 

“Don’t worry, once I’m done, I’ll never leave you again.” He nodded his head; his arms s around my waist as he returned my hug. We stayed like that for some time, knowing he’s hungry; I slowly pushed him away by his shoulders.

“Come on, you should eat, I know you’re hungry.” I ushered him to the table, sitting him down on the chair. He stared at the food for a while before finally digging in. I smiled at him, making my way to the door; I could tell he was nervous.

“Don’t worry; I’ll be back before you know it.” I opened the door, leaving and locking it with the key behind me. I went back into the kitchen, grabbing a knife; I put it in my bag. All there was now was to wait till nightfall. I still had to go to work, that would help me a lot.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

I stood in front of Donghae’s house, once again checking the paper to see if I was at the correct address. To my luck, it was. I made my way to the front door; it was a pleasant house, white with a bunch of flowers outside. The light inside the house was one, clearly he was inside and still awake. I looked at my watch, 11:23pm, late but not too late. I knocked on him door.

 

 

 

“Wait a minute, I’m coming!” A shout was heard though the other side. He opened the door, a smile crept up his face, pulling me inside as he grabbed onto my arm.

“Please, come in! Come in!” He sat me down on the sofa, closing the front door. It was a relatively big house for someone living alone, the bigger the better. This area of the neighbourhood was relatively quiet, nothing happened, everyone as nice, similar to ours but a bit further out. A place I was less familiar with me. He went into the kitchen, coming out with a cup of tea.

“Have you come because of Kyuhyun?” I nodded.

 

 

 

“I heard he was taken by someone in the neighbourhood here, I have some papers describing his appearance.” He nodded, taking in everything I said. I sat my bag down on the sofa, grabbing what was inside; I felt the handle of the knife. I gripped on it, jumping in front of Donghae, I used my arm to pin his neck down, my body on top of his.

 

 

 

“Wh-what’s happening?!” He panicked, moving frantically.

 

 

 

“It’s your entire fault. This is what you get for sniffing around places you’re not meant to be.” I smirked.

 

 

 

“Wh-what?” His eyes widened when he realised what was happening.

“Y-you’re the one who kidnapped Kyuhyun!” I pulled the knife out.

 

 

 

“Congratulations, any last words?”

 

 

 

“You er! Don’t you dare you-“ I lunched the knife at his chest, pushing it deeper. He groaned in pain, blood oozing out onto the mistress and squirted onto my clothes. He lifted his hands up, rubbing it onto my face, trying to get a hold of me. I slammed the knife back down to his chest, breathing his last breath, his hand fell beside me. I got up, grabbing a napkin; I started to clean anything that might have had any finger prints on it. I looked back at Donghae’s body, his eyes open, staring up to where I would have been.

 

 

 

“This was your entire fault.”

 

 

 

End of flashback~

 

 

 

“Tiring, we haven’t had any clues at all… I really want to know what happened…”

 

 

 

“I’m sure you’ll get around to it soon hyung.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! This is one chapter I really didn't want to write... T.T -Sniffles-

I hope you liked it :D

 

 

Comments and Subscribes will be treasured and loved <3