Chapter 2

Hello and Goodbye

                Megan looked around unsure if she was in the right place.  She was in one of the buildings, on the 3rd floor and was supposed to meet Lindsay after her flute practice.  But, Megan couldn’t find the room that Lindsay had specified.  The floor was dead quiet ever since she had arrived. 

                All the sudden, Megan heard a piano playing from the room she was standing in front of.  “Woah oh oh oh~” singed a voice from the room and the piano playing stopped.  She took a deep breath and decided to poke her head through the unlock door.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRFBDC5eB0s

                A pop song started to play from an iPod as Megan took in the practice room.  There was a tall guy with a red letterman jacket on with his back turned to her.  “You know you love me!” he singed, loudly as he started to dance.  “I know you care~  You shout whenever and I’ll be there.”  The singer’s dance moves were smooth. ”You are my love~  You are my heart~  And, we’ll never, ever, ever be apart!  Are we an item?  Girl, quit playin~  We’re just friends?  What are you-”   He spun around, saw Megan, and stopped. 

                Megan quickly averted her eyes and said sorry then closed the door.  She quickly walked down the hallway when the person came out of the room and stopped her.  “Wait!” he said, as he caught up to her.  “You’re Megan, right?”

                She looked up at him and it was the Asian guy, Henry.  “Yeah.” she said.

                “You’re looking for Lindsay, right?” he asked.  “She’s at the new practice hall.”

                “I don’t where that is.” replied Megan, as she blushed.  She felt like a kid, not knowing the campus. 

                “It’s OK.” smiled Henry, cheekily.  “I’ll show you where it is.”

                As they were heading downstairs, Megan turned to Henry and smiled.  “You’re a really good performer.” she commented.  “You sang the song better than the original guy.”

                He blushed and said, “Thanks…  Even though I am good, as you claim that I am, I hope that you don’t tell anyone about it.”

                “Oh, I see.” said Megan, nodding her head.  She knows that people can be sensitive when it comes to their talents.  “Don’t worry.”

                Henry smiled at her.  “Thank you.” he said, as they reached the second floor.  “No one practices here anymore, so I decided in hopes that no one hears me.”

                Megan nods her head, understanding what he meant.  “I assuming that you’re not from here.” she said.

                “I don’t have the Boston accent, right?” laughed Henry.  “I’m from Canada.  Toronto.”

                “Really?” asked Megan, interested.  “That’s so cool!”

                “Is it really?” asked Henry.

                “Well, to me it is because I’ve never met a Canadian before.” smiled Megan.  “You can easily pass as an American.”

                Henry laughed.  “And you can pass as a Canadian as well.” he said.

                “What is your major?” asked Megan. 

                “Oh, songwriting.” smiled Henry.

                Megan nodded her head with a smile.  “Have you created any tracks yet?” she asked.

                “Um…  Kind of and then not really at the same time.  They’re not good enough for anyone to hear or listen to.” said Henry.

                “Don’t be so hard on yourself.” said Megan, as the two reached the ground floor.  “I’m sure you’re amazing as all the students that attend this college.”

                Henry smiled.  “Thanks!  So, what are you planning on doing with your major?”

                “I want to teach elementary children.” answered Megan.  “Mainly, kindergarten to 3rd grade...  But, I’m not sure if I want to become a professor and teach Literature for a college.”

                “Now, that is cool.” smiled Henry, as they stepped out onto the bustling streets.  They waited at the street light to cross the street to the other part of the campus.

                Megan laughed.  “Yeah, it is really interesting.” she said.  “But, I haven’t completely made up my mind yet on what I want to do.”

                Henry looked down at her with a warm smile.  “It’s completely OK that you don’t know what you want yet.” he said.  “You’re only in your freshman year, right?  So, no need to rush.”

                “It’s just that I want to prepare myself mentally now for either graduate school or take the exam for to teach the children.” replied Megan, as the two crossed the street.

                “Ah~  Well, which one are you more passionate about?  Being a professor or a elementary school teacher?” asked Henry.

                “Both.” answered Megan.

                “Then, do both?” said Henry, unsure of himself.  He looked down at her, as he led her to the new practice building.  “That would be too complicated, wouldn’t it?”  Megan nodded her head.  He smiled and shrugged his shoulders.  “I’m sorry.  I can’t really help you then.”

                The pair came up to the building.  “Lindsay said that she’s in practice room 107.” said Megan.

Henry quickly led her inside and directed her to the right room.

                He smiled at her.  “I guess…  I’ll be seeing you around.” he said, as he patted Megan on the shoulder just as Lindsay stepped out of the practice room.

                “Oh!  Megan!  Henry!  Thank God, Megan!” said Lindsay, as she hugged her.  “I was so worried that you might have gotten hit by a car or something!”

                “That’s so cruel!  Why would you say that?” asked Henry, as Lindsay pulled away.

                “I was almost hit by a truck because I was too short for him to see.” replied Megan.

                “I’m sorry.” said Henry, with a frown.  “You weren’t hit, were you?”

                “Of course not!” said Lindsay.  “I was yelling at the top of my lungs and he heard me.”

                Henry smiled.  “You two seem to be great friends.” he commented.

                “We are.” smiled the pair.

                “Henry, you want to go eat some sushi with us?” invited Lindsay.  “Since you don’t have any classes tonight anyways.”  It was a Monday night and all of their other friends had night classes.

                “I don’t start class until 9:25 AM tomorrow…” recited Henry from his memory.  He smiled.  “Yeah, sure!” 

                The trio had dinner at a sushi bar about 20 minutes away from campus.  Henry still has yet to really explore Boston since he hasn’t exactly met anyone besides Lindsay that is from the area.  Lindsay has little time to spare and she spends her time either practicing her flute, studying, or hanging out with Tim, but mostly with Tim.  Henry knew that and didn’t exactly feel comfortable being a third wheel with a couple.

                “So, Megan…  Are you originally from Boston?” asked Henry, after they ordered their dishes.  “It’s just that you don’t have the Boston accent…”

                “No, I am from here.” said Megan.  “It’s just that my parents are originally from San Francisco, so their Californian accent grew on me.”

                “Oh, I see.” nodded Henry.

                “Are you trying to say that my Boston accent is noticeable, is that why you asked her that?” asked Addie.

                “No, no!  That’s not it!” defended Henry.  “It is noticeable, but doesn’t mean that it’s thick at all!”

                Addie laughed.  “Gosh, Henry.  I was only playing around.” she said.  Megan laughed at how serious Henry was.

                “Were the both of you born here then?” asked Henry.

                “I was, but not Megan.” replied Addie.

                “So, where you born then?” asked Henry, turning to Megan.

                She smiled.  “China.” she answered.

 

**NOTE: I hope that you guys enjoyed this short chapter...

LOL  Henry's so sweet for helping Megan...  And, cute for covering Justin Bieber's song...  ;D Man...  I love that hamster!

I know that the video didn't exactly went with what I wrote...  But, I couldn't help it.  He was just so CUTE!!!!

LOVE,

loveFORyunho

on 5/20/2011 @ 11:13 AM PST