Chapter 8

Hello and Goodbye

                “OK…” breathed Megan.  “You have 11 band members…  Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, Siwon, Zhoumi, Donghae ,Eunhyuk, Sungmin, Shindong, Yesung, Heechul, and Leeteuk.”

                Henry smiled.  “Yay!” he cheered.  “You got all of their right!!  And, you pronounced them right as well!” 

                Megan gave herself a round of light applause, as she smiled and Henry laughed.  The pair had arrived in Seoul and was quite tired.  Henry did tell his band mates that he was going to come back, but he told them not to worry about getting him a ride.  He already asked the manager to arrange a van for them.  The plane arrived at the airport late and there were very little people around, which made Henry glad.  He didn’t want anyone to notice him.

                When the van driver drove the van up to the Super Junior’s dorm building, Megan simply stared at the building with bulging eyes.  “Wow…  The Koreans are very sensitive using too much of their land for housing.” she commented.

                Henry smiled.  “Well, they don’t have a lot of land, so they have to build tall buildings.” he said.

                The pair got off on the 11th floor and went into the dorm.  As Henry had hoped, the dorm was neatly cleaned due to Eunhyunk’s OCD.  He sighed with relief, as he closed the door.

                “Hm?” questioned a figure in the dark, scaring Megan and Henry.  Then, the light .  It was Kyuhyun.  He must have been staying up playing games again.  “H-Henry…” he started, as he looked over to Megan.  “Your friend?” he asked, in Korean.

                “Yeah.” smiled Henry, as he looked at Megan.  She was looking at Kyuhyun closely, as Kyuhyun looked back at her.  “Are the others still awake?”

                “Yeah, they are.  Why?” asked Kyuhyun, as he the lights in the living room.  “Hey, you guys!!  Henry’s back, with a friend!!”

                “Henry?” asked Zhoumi, as he popped out of nowhere.

                Then, eventually, Yesung, Ryeowook, Sungmin, and Euhyuk came out of their rooms.  They greeted Henry and Megan with loud voices.  Megan could tell that Henry was like their little brother at the closeness they were with each other.  They smiled evilly at Henry when Megan was introduced to them.  All of them had already suspected Megan as Henry’s girlfriend the moment they saw her.

                “Hey, why don’t we go eat some bulgogi?” suggested Eunhyuk.

                “What?  Now?” asked Henry, tiredly.

                “Yeah!!” chimed in the others.

                After being out voted, Henry turned to Megan with a smile.  “We’re going to be going out.” he said, in English for her to understand.

                “What?  But, it’s so late.” said Megan.

                “Here in Seoul, there are street vendors that are open practically 24/7.” answered Henry.  “I suppose that they don’t have much to do tomorrow that’s why they’re up so late as well.”

                The guys excitedly went down to the street vendor 2 blocks from the apartment building.  There were only 2 older men and the lady was excited to see them.  The guys wanted to eat sausages, chicken skewers, and some spicy rice cake along with barbeque.  Henry gave Megan a sausage filled with rice cake, meanwhile he took a chicken skewer as the others barbequed the beef.

                “How is it?” asked Henry, after Megan took a bite.

                “Umm…  Delicious.” smiled Megan, in Korean.

                The others heard her and smiled.  “Wah~  She’s so cute!” said Sungmin, with a smile.

                “Hm?” asked Megan, as she turned to Henry.

                He laughed.  “Sungmin just said that you’re cute.” he said and Megan laughed.  She turned to Sungmin and gave him a small bow.  Sungmin just smiled, reached over, and patted Megan on the head.

                “You want a bite?” asked Megan to Henry.  He nodded his head and took a bite of the sausage.

                “Mmmm~  It really is good.” he commented.  “You should try the spicy rice cake!  It’s good too.”

                “Oh~” smiled Megan, as Henry fed her one of the rice cakes.  “Yummy!”  The others just watch the couple, drowning in their jealously. 

                “Megan,” started Kyuhyun in English, grabbing her attention.  “Who is your favorite member?”

                Megan smiled.  “Kyuhyun Oppa…  And, Zhoumi Gege.” she said.

                Kyuhyun and Zhoumi  smiled like fangirls.  “R-Really?” asked Kyuhyun in Korean, shocked.  “I thought that she was going to say that Henry was her favorite member!”

                Zhoumi pointed to Henry and said, “Henry?  Favorite?”

                “Henry…  No!  Henry…  Chingoo…  Peng you.” said Megan, trying to communicate with them.

                “Oh~” they all said, nodding their heads.

                “Aya!  She’s so cute!  Trying to talk with us and all!” laughed Zhoumi.  The group spent at least 2 hours at the street vendor, catching up with Henry and trying to talk with Megan.

 

 

                Henry and Megan spent at least 4 days in Seoul and headed back to North America on the 5th day of their spring break.  The Super Junior members enjoyed Henry and Megan’s visit.  The guys especially enjoyed having Megan around because they found her to be naturally cute to which Henry obliviously didn’t notice.

                The two went all over Seoul and explored the town.  Even though there was a language barrier for Megan, she enjoyed it a lot.  She especially enjoyed the modern Korean culture and the food.  Henry and Megan were able to go to Music Bank to watch Super Junior promote their new song, which was new experience for Megan.

                As Megan headed back to Boston for the last week of Spring Break, Henry went back to Toronto to spend some time with his family.  Henry had this crazy idea to invite Megan to go with him back home with him and meet his family, but he all too well that she would be uncomfortable with the suggestion.  It’s not like they’re even dating seriously and he already wanted to introduce her to his family.  Henry knows that if he said that out loud, then his feelings for her would be even more apparent.

                During their visit in Seoul, the guys were already making fun of Henry for being acting like a gentleman around Megan.  He didn’t want to be bullied around by his family…  At least not for a while that is.

 

 

                Mr. and Mrs. Fletcher smiled at the younger couple.  “So, Henry, how were your parents?” asked Mr. Fletcher, with a warm smile.

                “My family is doing great!  As always, they missed me a lot.” replied Henry as he returned a smile.

                “Your parents must miss you like crazy.” commented Mrs. Fletcher.  “I mean, I would miss Megan so much as well.”

                “I hope you guys weren’t worried sick about Megan’s safety while she was with me and Korea.” said Henry, worried.

                Mr. and Mrs. Fletcher smiled.  “Even though we were worried, we trusted you to take care of our daughter well.” said Mr. Fletcher.

                Henry felt his heart swell with pride and automatically bowed and saying, “Thank you!” without thinking. 

                Mr. and Mrs. Fletcher blushed.  “No problem.” said Mrs. Fletcher.  “We knew well that you would take good care of Megan.”

                Henry grinned.  “I’m glad that you two trust me.” he said.  “I was worried, even after our talk.”

                Henry and the Fletchers had discussed about Megan going over to Korea with him for a while.  They were worried about her safety and Henry didn’t want to disappoint them in any way.  After his week in Toronto, he came back to the States.  School has only started for a week, but Henry has been busy with school work and did not have time to go see Megan and her parents.  Then, the Fletchers invited him to have brunch with him on Sunday in a French café downtown after church.

                Megan laughed softly to herself as she and Henry walked out of the café.  She wanted to go to the outlet shops and had asked Henry to go with her, but they decided to go sit by the river first before continuing shopping.  “Geesh, Henry.” she started.  “You acted like they just gave you my hand for marriage or something.”

                “W-What?” he asked, blushing.

                Megan laughed again.  “I was just kidding!” she said.  “But, you did seem to be a bit too happy.”

                “W-Well, yeah.” said Henry.  “I was just grateful that your parents believed in me.”

                “How…  Has Jayden been?” asked Megan, the pair entered a clothing store.

                “He’s been distant, as always.” replied Henry.

                Jayden has been in touch with the pair at all.  He didn’t want to know about how they’ve gotten closer over the couple of months and had even gotten a new group of friends so he didn’t have to deal with him.  The others happened to have realized the tension between the trio and didn’t bother questioning Jayden’s new friends and distant nature towards them.

                “But, regardless…  He’s been good.” smiled Henry.  “Don’t worry.”

                Megan smiled.  “I’m glad.” she said.

                “Megan?”

                “Hm?”

                “I-I was wondering…  Will you go out on a date with me?”

 

 

                Megan flashed Henry a look.  She was happy and devastated at the same time.  She wanted to ask him why, but didn’t feel that that would be a  good response.

                “Oh, Henry…” she managed to say.

                His face fell, at the tone of her voice.  “T-That’s a no, right?” he questioned, quickly.  “Nah, it’s OK.”  He stood up and turned to walk away.

                “No, no!” said Megan, as she was able to grab onto his arm on time.

                He turned to look at her.  “What did that response meant then?” he asked.  “Why did you sound like that?”  From his facial expression, Megan could tell that he was hurt.

                “You only like me because I’m skinner and prettier now, right?” asked Megan, with a weak voice.

                “What?” automatically asked Henry, as he stared down at the cute young woman in front of him.  Her eyes were watery and he was starting to get uncomfortable.  He was never sure how to take care of a woman when she was crying.

                “Why now?  Why would you ask me out on a date now?” she asked.  “I mean…  Why wasn’t it when I was bigger?  It’s almost as if you just said hello and goodbye then.  So, why all the attention now that I’m like this?”

                “Because I like you, that’s why.” responded Henry.

                Megan started to cry.  “You didn’t answer my question, Henry.” she said.  “The reason why I replied like how I did earlier was because I-”

                “Wouldn’t you rather I confess that I like you than never?” asked Henry.  “I like like you, Megan.  For God’s sake!  I feel like I’m crazy because I can’t get you off my mind, Megan Fletcher!”  He placed his hands on her shoulders.  “I feel like…  I’m in love with you.”

                “For what reasons?” questioned Megan, with a quivering voice. 

                “How can you possibly ask that?  Megan, you are the whole package.  I like like you because you have the biggest heart anyone can have, you are the most thoughtful daughter any parents can have, you are the most loving little sister any brother can have, you are a devoted, loyal best friend …” listed Henry, as he takes both of her hands in his with a smile.  “And, you will make the greatest girlfriend ever for me because you are Megan Fletcher.”

                Her eyes started to water.  “Henry…” she said, as he hugged her.  Her tears fell onto his chest.  “I-I never knew that that was how you felt!”

                Henry smiled as he pulled her closer to his body.  “Well…  I didn’t know whether or not you would reject me…” he said.  “I like you a lot, Megan…  For who you really are, not because of your beauty.”

                Megan laughed as she looked up at him.  “Thank you, Henry Lau for being such a sweet guy like that.” she said.

                “Of course.” he said, as he leaned into her.  “So, will you go on a date with me?”

                Megan laughed again.  “Of course.” she replied.

                “Will you be my best friend?” asked Henry.

                “You have so many friends.” smiled Megan, as Henry inched closer to her face.

                “Will you be my girlfriend?” asked Henry, as his face was centimeters away from Megan’s.

                Megan blushed.  “Are you sure?” she asked.

                Henry didn’t reply.  He simply kissed her soft lips.  It was a simple, dry quick kiss.  “Well, actions speak louder than words...  Girlfriend” he smiled. 

                Megan smiled and gave him a soft peck on the lips as she cupped his soft face.  “I like like you too, Henry.” she said.

 

End

 

Author’s Note

 

                I hope that you guys enjoyed this story!!!  I know that it was really, really SHORT!!!  And, I’m so sorry for that…  I originally planned on writing a Kyuhyun story first, but I suddenly had this OBSESSION with Henry Lau and had to write this…  I wanted to dedicate my love somehow to him before my Kyuhyun story…  So, here it is!!  LOL

                Since I wanted to write a story for Henry suddenly, I couldn’t really think of any story…  So, I got inspiration from Dream High’s Pilsuk and Jason couple!!  (I LOVE THEM!!!!<3)  Except, this a Henry fanfic and it’s my story, so I made a few things different….  :D 

                Also, the story may seem like it was rushed…  But, that was because I wanted to make the story short, so that’s why I cut out a lot of details.  When I write a lot of details, it will be super LONG!!!!  So, I am so sorry for not making certain scenes not long enough or explaining enough!!

                I know that a number of you had suggested that I make Jayden and Megan end up together, but I decided not to…  Not only that, but I couldn’t get over the fact that I made Jayden wait so long to tell Megan that he likes her.  If I really didn’t want Henry and Megan to end up together, then I would have really made Megan and Jayden be in a relationship instead of him lying.  I am sorry for those Jayden and Megan shippers!!  But, I felt that Henry has made up for rejecting Megan and all…  :D  And, it does seem like he really ended up liking her.  So, I think that I am content.

                Now that I am finished with Hello and Goodbye, I hope that you will all be enjoying my new story as well.  It is a Kyuhyun story!!  Yay!!  I’m finally writing it!!!  Here is the link:http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/53356/the-ugly-one-kyuhyun-romance

 

LOVE,

loveFORyunho

on June 28, 2011 @ 10:41 PM PST