Chapter 3

Hello and Goodbye

                Henry’s heart started to thump so fast and loud that he could hear it in his ears.  !  She knows who I am!!  She knows that I’m from Super Junior M!!!, he thought.  I thought that she didn’t know me at first, but I’m pretty sure she knows me and is just being low-key or something!

                “R-Really?” he asked.  “Where?”

                “Shanghai.” answered Megan.  “But, I wasn’t there for long.”

                “Your parents relocated first to San Fran and then here?” asked Henry, cautiously.

                “Oh, no.” Megan replied.  “They were in San Francisco and then moved here 10 years before I was born.”

                “What?” asked Henry in Mandarin, without thinking.  How was it possible?  Megan was born in Shanghai and her parents were in Boston.  Was she born there while they were on a trip?

                “I was adopted.” replied Megan.  “My parents are Caucasian, so I don’t know Mandarin.”

                Henry shook his head.  “I’m sorry.  Did I just say something in Mandarin?” he asked.  The 2 girls nodded their heads.  “I’m so sorry.  I wasn’t thinking.”  He shook his head again.

                “It’s OK.” said Megan, with a smile.  “It’s been a long day.”

                After the trio finished eating the food, they talked some more.  Henry learned more about Lindsay and her love for her flute.  He found out that her flute was even more meaningful to her than her boyfriend Tim.  According to her, she said that their relationship wasn’t exactly serious so her flute would come before him.

                He had also learned more about Megan that she doesn’t know much about her Chinese roots as he had assumed that she did.  Her parents are very American and have only exposed her only slightly to her roots through historical Chinese movies.  Also, her family is religious in the sense that they go to church every Sunday morning and Megan was active in her church activities.  Even though her family is religious, they also have an open mind about homouality and abortions; they are not completely strict as other families may be.

                I guess…  I’m glad that she doesn’t really know who I really am, thought Henry.

 

 

                “I love the Charles River.” commented Henry, as he and Megan walked along the river.

                Megan smiled.  “It’s really nice and relaxing.” she said, as they sat on a bench.

                Henry smiled at her.  “I can’t believe that in about 3 more years I will be leaving this place.” he said.

                “Why would you say that?” asked Megan.  “You can always return to visit.”

                “True.” he responded with a nod.  “But, I probably won’t have time.”

                “Why would you say that?” asked Megan.

                “I’m going to be in Asia after I graduate from Berklee.  Will be trying to get a career going there.” answered Henry, as he looked out to the flowing water. 

                “I see.” said Megan, nodding her head.  “I hope for the best for you, Henry.”

                “Thanks.” he said, as he patted her head.  He let out a laugh.  “I’ve been wanting to do this for so long!  You’re so short!!”

                “Hey!  What’s that supposed to mean?!” asked Megan, offended.

                “That you’re short!!” he laughed, as he continued to pat her head.  Megan stood at 4 feet and 10 inches, exactly one foot and one inch shorter than Henry.  He smiled a huge smile.

                “Stop that!!” said Megan, as she stood up.

                Henry did the same.  “Come on.  Let’s go get something to eat.  It’s lunch time.” he said, as he grabbed her arm.

                Megan was doing Henry a favor by showing him the tourist attractions in Boston since he has never been there before.  The 2 have been going in and out of shops at Henry’s request.  His backpack was filled with a graphic tee and a new cap he bought from Tilly’s.  And, some long sleeves and a hoodie from Abercrombie and Fitch. 

                Megan was surprised how much Henry actually enjoys shopping.  She knew that he was preppy and had a great sense of style for a guy, but she think that he would enjoy shopping.  He looks like the type that just grabs whatever he likes and buys it, but, he actually examined the design of the shirt for at least 1 minute before he bought it.

                But that would only make sense why Henry has a good style…  He likes to shop…  I don’t like to shop at all, but I’m putting up with it, reflected Megan.  She, then, wanted to laugh to herself at the face that Henry would make will looking at the detail of the clothes he bought. 

                “What?” asked Henry.  “What are you smiling at?  Is there something on my face?”

                Megan shook her head, not realizing that she was smiling subconsciously.  “No, not at all.”  she said.  The two were eating at an Italian restaurant and the both of them ordered pasta.  Henry and his spaghetti, meanwhile Megan ordered alfredo.

                Henry wasn’t content with Megan’s answer and decided to wipe his mouth like a kid.  There were spaghetti sauce on his hands and it got on his cheek.  “You lied!” he said, hurtful.  “I totally have sauce on my face!”

                “No I didn’t!” said Megan.  “You did that yourself!”

                Henry didn’t listen as he tried frantically to wipe off the tomato sauce.  Megan laughed and grabbed a napkin wiped the sauce off of his pale chubby cheek.  “There.” she said, with a smile. 

                Henry sent her a look and then smiled sweetly.  “Thanks.” he said.

                Megan smiled.  “No problem.” she responded.

 

 

                Megan was completely zoned out of her parent’s conversation until her father called out her name.  “Megan, something good must have happened today, right?” commented Mr. Fletcher.  “You’ve been completely zoned out and smiling at yourself for a while now.”

                “What?” she laughed.  “No, I wasn’t!”

                “Yes you were!” laughed Mrs. Fletcher.  She, then, mocked Megan by trying to be zoned out and dorky as Megan was.

                Mr. Fletcher and Megan started laughing.  “It’s nothing.” she said.  “It’s just that it was just a really good day.”  Her parents smiled at her warmly.

                Megan was thinking about Henry and how cute his smile was at the restaurant.  She couldn’t help it but laugh out loud inside about Henry’s many expressions.  He was just so adorable she couldn’t help herself from thinking about him.

 

 

                Henry sighed as glanced at his calendar.  He will be leaving soon after his finals in December.  He’s going to head over to Seoul and get ready for the Super Junior M promotions in February.  Henry enjoys his time at Berklee because he’s normal there.  No one knows who he really is.  He’s not famous; he’s just a normal young adult there. 

                He will eventually have to tell his close friends that he won’t be returning back to Berklee for the spring semester and that he will be taking general education courses online to graduate on time.  Henry knows that they will be devastated to hear the news, but he will be returning for the fall semester of next year.

                Henry’s phone started to ring.  He looked down at the iPhone on bed.  It was Megan Fletcher.  He smiled as he picked up the phone.  “Hello?” he responded.

                “Are you still in the dorms?” she asked.

                “Yeah.” he replied.  “But Jayden isn’t here.  We’re supposed to come over to your house for Thanksgiving.”

                “He’s already here.  Lindsay and I called him to help us with a few things.  He said that you looked too peaceful sleeping so he didn’t bother waking you up.” replied Megan.

                “OK.  I’ll head over there right now.” answered Henry.

                It was Thanksgiving week in America and Berklee had the week off.  Henry decided to go back to Toronto for four days and come back to celebrate Thanksgiving with his friends in America.  He has never celebrated Thanksgiving the American way before, so he was curious. 

                Jayden is from Australia and he didn’t want to travel all the way home for only a week and then return back to the states.  Mike, on the other hand, returned back to New York.  The twins, Brooke and Caden, had a trip with their family to London.  Then, Addie returned home to San Francisco.

                Henry ringed the door bell.  The house was at least a 10 minutes drive or so away from Berklee campus, which wasn’t too far.  But since Henry walked, it took him 30 minutes.  He could smell the delicious food being cooked at the door step.  Henry smiled to himself.  I’m going to have to hit the gym for at 2 hours tomorrow.  The food smells too good, he thought.

                The door opened and there stood Megan.  “Hi Henry!” she said.

                “Hi Megan.” he smiled as he stepped in and gave her a hug.

                “How was your family?” asked Megan, as she closed the door.

                “They missed me, of course!” he replied, as he saw 2 toddlers running around.  Those two a probably Megan’s niece and nephew…, Henry thought with a smile.  Megan’s older brother and his family were visiting from San Francisco.

                “Hey Henry!” said Jayden, as he popped out of nowhere and gave him a manly hug.  “Glad that you’re here!  The food will be ready in a few hours.”

                “In a few hours?!  I’m starving!” he replied.

                Megan and Jayden laughed.  “We forgot that you just woke up.” she said.  “I’ll go find something for you to eat.”  She started to head over to the kitchen that was in the back of the house.

                “Thank you Megan.” said Henry, after her.  He took a deep breath as he smiled at Jayden.  Jayden quickly took Henry to the show room to watch the football game that Megan’s father, Lindsay’s father, and Megan’s older brother were watching.

                I’m going to miss being treated normally in a few weeks…  Finals are quickly coming around the corner and I’m not taking any of these moments for granted, thought Henry, as he smiled.

                “Here Henry!” said Megan, as she came back into the room with a cookie and napkin.

                He flashed a look of disbelief.  “That’s it?” he asked, pointing to the chocolate chip cookie.  “This is my breakfast?”

                Megan laughed.  “Don’t worry.  You came just in time, you know.” she said.  “We’ve been cooking ever since 4 this morning, so we should be able to eat lunch right at noon.”

                Henry’s jaw dropped as he was about to take the cookie out of surprised at the time that Megan had started to cook.  She smiled and helped lift his jaw up, placing the warm cookie in his hand.  Jayden smiled sweetly at Megan as she pulled out another cookie wrapped in napkin from her apron for him.  He watched her leave the room and turned to Henry with a big smile.

                “Wow!  This is good!” commented Henry, as he took a bite of the chewy warm cookie that oozed chocolate goodness into his mouth.

                Jayden laughed, as he took a bite as well.  “You came in perfect timing, you know.” he said.  “I’ve been waiting for hours already!”

                Henry laughed as Megan’s niece and nephew came running into the room with their childish laughs.  “Daddy, Grandpa!!” said the pair.  “The food is ready!  The food is ready!!!”

                When Henry and the men got to the dinner table with the children, the table was fully set up.  The table was filled with so much food that Henry wasn’t sure if the table was able to hold all of it.  There was a huge turkey at one end of the table and the rest of the table was filled with side dishes, such as mashed potatoes, gravy, and more.  Henry his lips hungrily.

                Today is going to be a good day, he thought with a huge smile.

 

**NOTE:

I hope that you guys enjoyed this story. ^^  Henry's so down to earth!!  I love him!!!!  LOL  Man, I would totally kill to be friends with him.  Damn...  Megan is so LUCKY, even if she's fictional!!

LOVE,

loveFORyunho

on 5/23/2011

@ 9:38 PM PST