Chapter 6

Hello and Goodbye

                Megan quickly climbed up the stairs to get Lindsay and the girls for their night out.  Lindsay’s dorm room with Caden was at the end of the hall.  As she walked down the long hallway, Henry popped out of one of the rooms.  Megan wanted to yell out “Oh, shoot!”  But, kept her calm.

                “U-Uh…  Hi, Henry!” she said, a bit startled.

                “Oh!  Hi, Megan.” he smiled.  “What brings you here?”

                “I’m just picking up the girls to go watch a movie and dinner.” she smiled.

                “And, I’m not invited?” questioned Henry, hurt.

                “Henry, it’s a girls’ night out.” replied Megan.

                He laughed.  “As long as you guys are not going to the club, then I think that I’m fine with that.” he said.

                “Why?  You’re worried?” asked Megan, with a laugh.

                “Well, of course!” replied Henry.  “You know, there are a lot of y men at clubs!  I wouldn’t want anything to happen to any of you.”

                “It’s like we’re even going there, Henry!” laughed Megan.  “Don’t worry, we’ll be fine.”

                Henry smiled and nodded his head.  “See you around.” he said, as he lightly punched Megan’s shoulder. 

                Before Henry turned to leave, Megan waved goodbye to him.  “Bye, Henry.” she said, with a smile.

                “Bye.” he said, softly, as Megan walked away.

 

 

                Schools started and assignments started to pile up quickly for Henry.  He forgot how it was like to be in a classroom because the online courses were a different story.  He was so busy with his courses that he forgot how January already ended and February began.

                Henry sighed as he looked at his calendar.  “What in the world?” he asked out loud to himself.  Jayden wasn’t in the room.  He was practicing his saxophone in the practice hall.

                Henry looked down at his phone.  2/14.  Today is Valentine’s Day?  What the Donghae?!!, he thought.  Since it was Valentine’s Day, he knew for sure that no one would want to hang out with him tonight.  He could hang out with Addie, Caden, and Brooke, but he knew for sure that they were going to watch a sappy chick flick or complain about their love lives.

                Mike isn’t even in town anymore, so Henry couldn’t possibly hang out with him.  Mike left for New York on Friday night and Henry didn’t know why.  He knows for sure that Jayden wouldn’t be free because he was going to be hanging out with Megan.

                “Man…  I am such a third wheeler.” sighed Henry, as he stepped out of the dorm room.

                As soon as the door closed, Henry let out a loud gasp that echoed in the quiet hallway.  “!!” he said, out loud.  Henry had forgotten his keys in his dorm room. 

                Jayden…  Jayden…, he thought, as he tried to find his phone.  It wasn’t on him.  He didn’t even have his wallet.  All he had on was his clothes and shoes.  Henry knew that the girls were out, doing some shopping, so none of them could help him.  In the end, he decided to wait in the dorm building’s lobby, for his friends.

                Henry was waiting on the sofa and he must have started to fall asleep because he didn’t even hear Megan walked up to him.  “Henry?  What are you doing?” she asked, waking him up.

                “H-Huh?” he asked, as he looked around him startled.  His hand automatically came up to wipe possible drool from his mouth while he was napping.  “I-I was waiting for Jayden.”

                “He’s at work.” stated Megan.

                “What?!” asked Henry, alarmed as he stood up.  “How am I going to get into my room?!”

                “You locked yourself out of your room?” asked Megan.  Henry lamely nodded his head.  “The girls are going to hang out today and Lindsay is going to meet up with Tim soon.  So, you can hang out at my place.”

                “Oh, OK.” replied Henry.  Jayden and Megan are probably going to do something later anyways…  So, I can always get the keys from him later, he thought.

                As Henry and Megan got off campus she started to walk away from the parking lot, which was across the campus entrance.  “So, where’s your car, Megan?” asked Henry.  From what he remembered, Megan’s parents leased a Lexus IS for her.

                “I walk practically every where now.” she replied.  “So, we’re going to be walking to my home.”

                “Really?” asked Henry, as he eyed her body.  “Wow, you’ve changed a lot.”

                “What do you mean?” asked Megan, with a laugh.

                “Well…  I don’t know.” said Henry, with caution.  He wasn’t sure how to approach the topic of her drastic makeover.

                “What?  I lost a lot of weight?” asked Megan.

                “I-I suppose.” said Henry.

                Megan laughed and punched him softly on the shoulder.  “You’re so cute, Henry.” she said.  “It’s OK if you talk about my weight.  I mean, it was drastic after all.”

                “So, how did you l-loose it all?” asked Henry.

                “I started off by walking everywhere that my feet could take me.” answered Megan.  “From there, I started to work out lightly in my family’s personal gym and dieting.”

                Henry nodded his head.  “It must have taken you a long time to see the results then.” he said, without thinking.  He quickly turned to look at Megan’s expression.  She was smiling.

                “Yeah, it did, considering that I was so heavy.  I didn’t really see much result until I lost 60 pounds.” she said.

                Henry nodded his head.  Even though she’s still on the curvy side, she’s still much thinner than she was before, he thought.

 

 

                “What do you want to eat for lunch?” asked Megan, as she went through her fridge.  The pair was in the kitchen of Megan’s house.

                “I don’t know.  Whatever you want to eat.” said Henry, sitting at the barstool by the counter.

                “Mmmmm….  You want some lasagna?” asked Megan, as she took out a platter of cold lasagna.  “I made some yesterday, but I obviously didn’t finish it.”

                “Yeah, sure.” responded Henry, as he eyed the lasagna.  Only a small piece was cut out.  “So, are you Jayden going to hang out later?”

                “Later?” asked Megan.  “He has a date.”

                “WHAT?!” asked Henry, alarmed.  “What do you mean by Jayden having a date?!  Just because you guys aren’t official, doesn’t mean that he can go around dating others!!!”

                Megan flashed him a look.  “What do you mean?” she questioned, as she the oven to preheat it.

                “W-Well…  Aren’t you and Jayden together?” asked Henry, meekly.

                Megan laughed.  “Of course not!” she said, with a smile.  Henry gave a look of disbelief.  “I know that you’re not buying it because Lindsay and the girls probably brainwashed into thinking that Jayden and I are together, but we’re not.  We’re just really good and close friends.”

                “Friends with benefits?” asked Henry.

                “Not even.” responded Megan, as she took out some baby carrots from the fridge.

                “But…  But…” started Henry.

                “Look, Henry.” said Megan, seriously.  “I know that Jayden and I probably interact like we are together, but we’re really not.  I mean…  It could happen, but-”

                “You like him then?” asked Henry.

                “Well, he is a really sweet guy.” smiled Megan.  “But, all these other guys I’ve met so far have been really sweet as well.”

                “What?  There are other guys?” asked Henry, in disbelief.

                “Well…  Yeah.  Ever since I lost the weight, it’s like I’m a hot commodity or something.” said Megan, as she scratched her head.  “It’s almost like all the women in Boston died or something, I feel like someone’s always asking for my number.”

                Henry smiled.  Well, she is pretty cute, he thought.  I’d probably ask for her number if I didn’t know who she was.  “So, have you been dating a lot then?” he asked.

                “Umm…  I would say so.” said Megan, as she placed the lasagna in the oven.

                Henry nodded his head.  He was glad that she was growing out of her shell.  “That’s good.” he said.  “First kiss?”

                Megan laughed.  “Nah…  I wouldn’t let them.” she said.  “I want my first kiss to be with my first boyfriend.”

                “Ah~  I see.” he said, feeling like an older brother.  Being 3 years older than Megan and all, Henry felt protective over her all the sudden.  He would never want her to suffer from a broken heart or be cheated on.

                Megan smiled at Henry.  “So, how long are you planning on staying?” she asked.

                “I don’t know…  Is Jayden going to be coming over, before or after his date?” asked Henry.

                “He told me that he was going to come over later, after his date.” replied Megan.

                Henry smiled.  “He’s quite a dedicated man.  He’s even going to come visit you after his date.” he said.

                “Seriously, Henry.  It’s not what you think.” said Megan, as she waved her index finger at him and headed towards the living room.

                Henry laughed, as he got off the barstool and followed Megan.  “So, where are your parents?” he asked.

                “They’re spending the weekend in New York.  They didn’t want me with them.” responded Megan.

                Henry laughed.  “That’s only reasonable.” he said.

 

 

                Henry and Megan ended up watching The Green Hornet with Seth Rogen, Jay Chou, and Cameron Diaz.  The two have seen the movie many times before, but because they enjoyed the movie, they were going to watch it again together.  And, from watching the movie, Henry found out that Megan was hopelessly in love with Jay Chou.  Then, they watched Date Night with Steve Carell and Tina Fey.  Henry hasn’t seen the movie yet and was laughing throughout the entire movie.

                Megan’s phone started to ring, as the pair was in the kitchen, taking a break from the movies.  “Hello?” she asked.

                “Hey.” replied Jayden.

                “Is your date already over?” asked Megan.

                “No, she just went to the bathroom.” answered Jayden.  “I just wanted to call you, to check up on you.”

                “Well-No, Henry!  I want the lite popcorn.” said Megan, when she realized that Henry grabbed the bag of popcorn that was extra buttered.

                “Henry is there?” asked Jayden.

                “Yeah.” smiled Megan.

                “Well, I have to go.” said Jayden, quickly.  “I probably can’t make it tonight.”

                “Jay-” started Megan, as he hung up on her.

                “When is Jayden coming over?” asked Henry, as he looked over at Megan, sitting at the barstools.

                “I don’t think he is.” responded Megan.

                “What?  But, you said-” started Henry.

                “He just said that he wasn’t able to make it tonight.” interrupted Megan.  She looked up at Henry.  “It’s getting dark…  Do you want to go back to Berklee?”

                “Mmmm…  I’m pretty sure I’ll be fine.” smiled Henry.  “I’ll just wait for Jayden in the lobby…  I don’t have my phone and all…”

                After watching another movie, Henry decided that it was time to go back to campus.  It was midnight and Henry wanted to get a hold of Jayden before going back to Berklee because he didn’t want to waste Megan’s time and gas if he couldn’t get into his dorm room. 

                As much as Megan called, Jayden wouldn’t answer.  As much as she texted, he wouldn’t reply as well.  They couldn’t get a hold of Addie, Caden, and Brooke because they headed out for the club that night.

                “Oh, Henry.” said Megan, as she patted him on the shoulder.  “I’m sorry, but I think that you’re going to have to sleep over.”

                “I don’t mind at all…  I think that it’s probably better off that I say…  I mean, you are home alone and all…  I wouldn’t want anything bad happening to you.” said Henry.  “I just hope that…  Your parents won’t be mad when they find out.”

                Megan smiled.  “That’s very considerate of you, but I don’t think they mind.” she said.  “As long as they don’t find us sleeping on the same bed, then they won’t mind.  They’re religious, but open-minded.”

                Henry blushed at her statement, as he lay on the bed in the guest room on the first floor of the house.   Lying in the soft, warm bed his thoughts kept him up.  Even though Megan had lost a lot of weight…  She’s still sweet and down to earth.  I hope that all goes well for her…  As for Jayden and the girls, I hope that they’re in a safe place, he thought.

 

**NOTE:

I hope that you guys enjoyed this chapter!!  ^^  Oh~  Valentine's Day!!!  I love you, Cupid?!!  LOL

Henry and his absent mind!!  He's so cute in this chapter!!  And, to find out that Jayden and Megan aren't really together?!!!  Hmmm...  He does have a chance after all.  :D

LOVE,

loveFORyunho

on June 15, 2011 @ 12:40  AM PST