Chapter 5

Hello and Goodbye

                After almost an entire of year of Super Junior M promotions and fangirls going crazy over them, Henry was glad to be back in Boston.  He was, once again, grateful that he is going to be able to attend classes on campus instead of online courses.  He took a deep breath of Boston’s air as he got out of the cab and smiled.

                Henry quickly made his way to his dorm room.  He was dorming with Jayden again.  After checking in with his RA (residential advisor), he was able to get the key to his dorm room and headed up there.  His flight was straight from Shanghai and he was dead tired.  All Henry had with him was a suitcase and a duffle bag full of clothes, necessaries, and miscellaneous items.

                As soon as he opened the door, Henry saw an Asian girl lying on her stomach on Jayden’s bed, surprising him.  Jayden seemed to have arrived early had already claimed his side of the room.  The girl quickly sat up on the bed as Henry closed the door.

                Woah…  Jayden must have had a great year without me, thought Henry.  He didn’t tell me that he got a girlfriend.

                “Hi.” smiled Henry at the girl and he walked over to his side.  From the light in the bathroom, Henry assumed that it was Jayden that was in the bathroom.  “What’s your name?”

                Before the girl could answer, Jayden stepped out of the bathroom.  “Hi, Henry!” he said.

                “Hi Jayden.” smiled Henry, over his shoulder as he took out his things.  “I didn’t know that you had a girlfriend.  Why didn’t you tell me?”

                Jayden sent him a confused look, as he looked over to the girl.  She suddenly stood up and walked over to Jayden’s side.  “Henry,” he started.  “This is-”

                “Megan.” she finished.

                Henry’s jaw dropped on the spot and his eyes widened.  He walked over to her and observed her.  Only her cheeks were still chubby, but her face was no longer puffy.  Her body overall had changed dramatically.  Her arms, waist, and legs were much thinner.  Henry was in shock at the weight that Megan had lost over the year that he was gone. 

                Not only that, but Megan was wearing makeup, which was something that she had never done before Henry left.  She had on a charcoal eye shadow, eyeliner, mascara, and pink lip gloss.  Her hair was shorter; her hairstyle is a short, cute bob and not to mention that her hair is now straight.  Megan had a complete makeover and Henry could no longer recognize her.

                “Henry, you can stop drooling now.” laughed Jayden, as he placed his arm around Megan’s shoulder.  Henry snapped out of it and looked at Jayden.  “I told you Megan’s a cutie.”

                She laughed and punched softly in the ribs.  “Stop that Jayden.” she said.

                Jayden laughed out loud.  “Hey Henry, you want to go to the café?  Amy Sandler and other people are going to be performing something jazzy tonight.”

                “Uh…  I’m completely jetlagged and tired.  So I’ll probably unpack for a little bit and hit the bed.” replied Henry, as his gaze drifted slowly from Jayden’s to Megan’s.  He held her gaze for a few seconds before she turned to look at Jayden with a smile.

                “OK then.” said Jayden and Megan, in unison.  “We’ll see you later then.”

                “Hm.” nodded Henry, as the couple headed out the door.

                Those two are probably together, he thought as he yawned.  I think I’m just going to go to sleep.  I’m so tired.

 

 

                Henry woke up at 10 the next day, just in time for breakfast.  He quickly threw on a pullover hoodie, a jacket, and some sweat pants then was out the door.  Jayden was already up because his bed was empty and there was no one in the bathroom.

                Henry quickly got his breakfast and headed over to his group of friends.  Jayden was nowhere in sight.  Only Lindsay, Mike, Addie, Brooke, and Caden were there.

                “Look who’s finally awake.” said Mike, as he took a sip of his coffee.

                Henry smiled, as he placed his tray off the cafeteria’s breakfast on the table.  “Sorry, my flight came directly from Shanghai.” he said.  “I was dead tired.”

                “That’s too bad.  Amy did a wonderful performance last night.” frowned Addie.  Then, she smiled and hit Henry’s shoulder.  “It’s better off that you get your rest.”

                “So, you saw Megan last night?” asked Brooke.

                “Yeah, of course.” nodded Henry, as he ate a piece of pancake.

                The group smiled.  “She’s was so cute last night!” said Caden. 

                “I know!” said Addie, as she turned to Caden.  “Gosh!  I wonder when Jayden and Megan will get together!  They look so good together.”

                “What do you mean?!” asked Henry, as he choked on his food.

                “Well, Jayden and Megan became really close after you left.” answered Lindsay.

                “That’s for sure.” laughed Mike.

                “What is the nature of their relationship?” questioned Henry.

                “That’s what we’re all trying to figure out.” replied the girls.  Mike just simple shrugged his shoulders as he has no clue.

                “We all think that they’re in a friends-with-benefits relationship.” said Brooke. 

                “But, they never hold hands or anything!” said Addie. 

                “I know!  Then, whenever we ask, they’re always saying that they’re only friends!” complained Caden.

                “What if they’re just really close?” asked Henry. 

                “Well, they could be…  But, Jayden is really touchy with Megan.” answered Lindsay.

                “What do you mean?” asked Henry, alarmed.

                “He just likes to touch her arm, hands-” started Addie.

                “Waist, and face.” interrupted Caden.

                “What he touches her waist?!” asked Lindsay.

                “Yeah!  Didn’t you see Jayden place his arm around Megan’s hip yesterday?” asked Caden.

                “What?  NO!” answered Lindsay.  “Did Megan remove his arm?”

                “Well, yeah.” replied Caden.  “I would too if I was her.   It’s not like they’re even together!”

                Henry absorbed the information as he ate his breakfast.  Everyone else was already done and was just sitting around drinking coffee, tea, or hot chocolate.  “Where is Jayden?” he asked, looking around, hoping that he would pop out somewhere.

                “Not with us, obviously.” smiled Brooke.

                “And, more than likely with Megan.” said Addie.

                Henry nodded his head.  “Probably.” he said, with a shrug.

 

 

                After Henry finished his breakfast, he headed back to his dorm to get his violin to start practicing again.  He ran into Jayden on the way to the room at the staircase.

                “Hey!” said Henry.  “Where have you been?  The group was going ballistic!”

                “What do you mean?” laughed Jayden.  “I was only working out at the school’s gym.”

                “Well…  They told me that you and Megan have been really close lately.” started Henry, slowly.

                Jayden laughed out loud.  “What?  You’re jealous that I took your girl from you?” he questioned.  “I mean, you two were pretty close before you left as well…”

                “What?!  No!” defended Henry.  “It’s just that the group was saying that you two are, like, in a secret relationship or something.”

                Jayden chuckled.  “I suppose.” he said, with a shrug.

                “W-What?!” questioned Henry, as Jayden opened the door to their dorm.  “W-Why are you two denying it?” 

                Jayden just simply walked into the room and Henry followed him.  Jayden shrugs his shoulders again.  “I don’t know.” he said, as Henry closed the door.  “We just haven’t felt that it was the time to tell everyone yet.  I suppose we were just waiting for you to come back.”

                Henry felt his heart sting.  Why would they decided to wait for me to come back to tell everyone that they’re together?  That’s completely unnecessary, he thought.

                “Why would you guys decide to wait for me to come back to tell everyone?” asked Henry.

                “Hmmm…  Maybe it’s because you broke her heart?” replied Jayden.  Henry flashed a horrified look.  Jayden laughed lightly.  “I was just playing around.  No, we just decided to wait because we want everyone to know at the same time.”

                “Oh.” breathed Henry, as he sat down on his bed.

                Jayden smiled.  “Don’t worry.  It’s nothing against you.  It’s just that we had decided to wait…” he said.

                “So, when did you guys decided to get in a relationship?” asked Henry.

                “Hmm…” thought Jayden, out loud as he took the seat by his desk.  “Last February.”

                “Really?!” asked Henry, in disbelief.  “That was so long ago though!  It was completely unnecessary for you guys to wait so long.  You could have just told me through an email or something.”

                “It’s OK, Henry.” said Jayden with a huge grin.  “It’s been a fast year.”   

                “That’s good.” he nodded.  “I don’t feel too bad now.”

                Jayden laughed.  “I told you that it was OK.” he said.

 

**NOTE: Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!!!  ^^

Yay!!  MEGAN TRANSFORMED!!!!  :D  Henry...  Stop DROOLING!!!!  XP

I will be participating in AFF Summer Writing Contest!!  So, you guys can check my entry out.  It's going to be be a Yunho from DBSK fanfic!!!  Yay!!! :D  http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/46959/the-grim-reaper-aff-summer-fic-writing-conest-entry-choiseunghyun-contest-siwon-top-yunho

LOVE,

loveFORyunho

on 6/5/2011 @ 8:31 PM PST