Donghae - You Are So Beautiful [7]

Donghae - You Are So Beautiful

 

Donghae- You Are Beautiful 

by ~Takasumi-Airi



Chapter 7


__________________________________________________________________________________

 

While I waited for the bus, a light shower of rain drizzled on my bare shoulders. I shivered and regretted taking the umbrella out of my bag this morning. I had been waiting for about half an hour. I looked in the direction of the studio and suddenly saw a figure running towards me. I squinted and as he passed under the lights, I saw a familiar brown-haired figure… "Donghae! 오빠!" I inhaled sharply, my heart suddenly beating ten times faster. What are you doing here?" He was holding an umbrella in one hand and his coat in the other. "Here, put this on." He draped it over my wet shoulders then took the umbrella and opened it with a WHOOSH. 



I jumped a little at the sudden movement then couldn't resist but laugh at his choice of umbrella. It was a girly umbrella, pink in color with white polka dots, the edge fringed with white lace. The sight of Donghae holding it was too hilarious. I hugged my sides and started laughing. "Ahahaa… 오빠, you're way too funny." He was suddenly looking up at what he was holding in surprise then sheepishly grinned. "Whoops. I must have accidentally taken one of Sungmin's umbrellas." He held it over his head and I ducked under it gratefully. "Thank you." I said. "I thought you had left already." Donghae shrugged. "Nah, I was sorting some things out for tomorrow when I noticed that it started raining. It must have been real luck to find you here…" The sound of rain filled in the awkward silence; it was starting to rain even harder. 

I watched the streets get wet and slick with rain and sighed. In front of my eyes, raindrops slid off the umbrella and fell before our feet. Lord in Heaven, this is just making farewells so much harder…. Two lights appeared like a pair of flickering fireflies among the rain then grew to show the familiar public bus headlights. The bus door hissed open and I saw the driver, a tired woman dressed in blue uniform wait patiently for me.  I shivered as I took off the warm coat draped over me and handed it to Donghae. "Keep it," he said, "It'll keep you warm. I'll manage." he added, catching the concern in my eyes. I hesitated then accepted it, not wanting to have the bus driver wait any longer. "작별 Donghae. " I said, bowing my head to him. I walked into the bus, showed my bus pass then sat down at a seat facing the windows. As the bus passed, I watched Donghae who looked solemn but gave me a tired smile and waved goodbye. 

Farewell…