Six

A Whole New World

Jinyoung’s POV

I had a mini heart attack when I thought that I was late for class, but after running into school this morning (and ditching Big Bang without saying goodbye or thank you!!! I'm such a terrible friend!) I remembered that I have study hall first! As I’m already late, I decide not to draw more attention to myself by entering the library and I go to my private bathroom instead.

Sitting down on one of the couches, I close my eyes and rest my head.

I really hope that they will come again soon! I didn’t thank them for visiting me! I was so rude, running away from them like that! Maybe they decided to stay anyway though? It’s possible that they’re hanging out at my house right now and I could get to see them after school!

But, I told them to go back home! Maybe they think that I don’t want them around.

…No, they know me better. They know that I want them here!
I’m driving myself crazy thinking about all of this!

To distract myself from my thoughts, I decide to freshen up a bit.

After cleansing my face, I look at my reflection and notice that my ears are bright red from when I was covering them before. I gently massage them to make the redness disappear, then I catch a glimpse at the clock.

Only ten minutes left until the next class!

Wow, the time just flew by! I pick up my bag and lock up the restroom.

Making my way to my locker, I put in my homework from last night and take out my notebook and pencil case for my next class: Music and Performance.

The other students are all making their way out of class for their break. As they socialize and eat, I wander the corridors aimlessly, killing time until class begins.

As I turn around a corner, I’m too busy counting the number of obscenities graffitied onto the roof to notice the person tying their shoelace in front of me.

Within mere seconds I go from standing upright to flipping in the air, to lying on my back; once more staring at the ceiling.

“Omo! Are you okay!” the shoe-lace tier says quickly.

He crawls forward to see if I’m okay and his face comes into view.

I exhale heavily and nod at him, a goofy smile playing on my lips. I would like to say that his beautiful eye-smile - the one that I’ve been thinking about since my first day here - took my breath away, but it’s mostly because the air was totally knocked out of me when I slammed against the ground.

“I think you’re falling for me!” he says, laughing at his own joke and winking at me.

I laugh with him as he extends his hand to me and helps me up once more.

“I’m sorry for not looking where I was going again!” I say, bowing deeply.

“So you do talk!” he laughs.

This guy; his smile and laughter are so contagious!

“I realize that I never got to introduce myself last time, but I never saw you again … well, until now… anyway, I’m Lee Kikwang!” he says, bowing to me.

“It’s a pleasure to officially meet you Lee Kikwang! My name is Park Jinyoung.” I say, bowing in return.

“The pleasure is all mine! And may I just say, you have a lovely voice! I would love to hear more of it, perhaps over dinn-”
 

JINYOUNG!” someone suddenly stage whispers from behind me.

I quickly turn around and freak out, my eyes widening to the point where I feel like they’re about to pop out of my head.

Big Bang is in my school, standing right behind me.

I mean, I’m so glad that they stayed so I can see them again to properly thank them, but if they get caught, they’ll be in so much trouble! You can’t just waltz into a school like that!

They can read the panic on my face, but they just laugh and act so calm, it’s infuriating!

“What are you doing here?” I whisper, my eyes still wide.

“We just wanted to see you again!” GD says, reaching forward and drawing my eyelids over my eyes.

He always denies it, but he actually gets really creeped out when I widen my eyes, it's so funny! 

“Thank you so much for everything, really! I sincerely appreciate it, but you’ll all be in so much trouble if you’re caught!” I explain.

“It will be worth it!” GD says, calmly smiling.

I heave out an exasperated sigh and Kikwang, who I realize has been listening to us, taps my shoulder gently, making me turn my head towards him.

“Is everything alright Jinyoung-ssi?” he asks, his voice filled with concern.

“Uh… well…”I begin, not sure how to respond.

“Who’s this guy?” GD asks rather rudely, switching to over-protective brother mode.

“My name is Lee Kikwang,” he says bowing again, “I am a new friend of Jinyoung-ssi’s.”

“And here we were thinking that you hadn’t made any friends!” Taeyang mutters under his breath.

I shoot him a look to let him know that I heard every word and he suddenly becomes very interested in studying the floor.

“Well, I –” GD starts to say, taking a step closer to Kikwang.

TOP shoots out his hand and holds GD back to prevent him from getting any closer.

“Well, we were just leaving! We'll see you later… Jinyoung.” TOP says, chuckling as he calls me Jinyoung.

 

I don’t know what to say so I wave silently as I watch them walk away. I hope that I haven’t upset them!

“Um…so, was that guy like… your boyfriend or something?” Kikwang asks, drawing my attention back to him.

“Which one?” I ask, confused.

“Oh, sorry, no. I don’t have a boyfriend!” I quickly say, realizing how stupid it was to ask which one. Like it would matter who he was referring to anyway!

“Really?” He asks, his face lighting up.

I just nod in response.

“Great! So, um, as I started saying before, I was just wondering if maybe you would want to maybe go out to dinner with me or something sometime?” he asks.

“I’m sorry, I’m really meant to stay home for dinner!” I say, knowing that umma would be upset if I skipped dinner with her to eat with a boy I really only just met.

His beautiful smile suddenly disappears from his face and he looks crestfallen.

“Oh. I understand. Okay.” He says quietly, lowering his head down.

“Do you think maybe we could hang out after school or something instead?” I ask.

His head shoots up and his smile returns.

“Really? That would be amazing! Are you free today after school?” he asks, evidently excited.

I can’t stop smiling because of him; my cheeks are really starting to hurt now.

“I’m not sure yet!” I say, not knowing whether the guys will want to hang out together or not.

“Well, how about we exchange mobile numbers and you can contact me when you find out?” he asks, pulling out his phone.

“Uh, I don’t actually have a phone right now!” I say, causing him to raise his eyebrows in disbelief.

I don’t want him to get the impression that I’m not interested in spending time with him, because I would honestly love to and the prospect of spending some more time with him is enough to make me feel like dancing!
I quickly try to think of a solution to let him know that I am looking forward to it.

“Ooh!" I cry out, shaking my hands in excitement, "You can write down your number for me and if I don’t have any plans, I will find a way to contact you!” I suggest.

He nods his head energetically in response and takes out a pen.

He was about to write it on a slip of paper but I was worried I may lose it, so he reaches forward and pulls up the sleeve of my hoodie, holding my arm tightly as he writes his number on my arm, followed by a love heart!

The bell suddenly rings for the commencement of the next class and we quickly bid each other goodbye as I race off to my class.