Five

A Whole New World

GD’s POV

We spend the entire car ride over to the school in silence, everyone silently worrying about Cindy. I notice how the mood is a lot more somber than yesterday and, being the leader, I feel obliged to cheer everyone up.

“Don’t worry guys, she’ll be fine!” I say cheerfully, struggling to believe my own words.

TOP leans closer to me and lowers his voice so the others don’t hear him.

“I don’t think we should have left him alone with her.” He whispers, his voice full of worry.

I just shrug, giving him a ‘what can you do?’ face.

We get out of the car and stretch, waiting for them to get out of the car that has parked behind us. After a few minutes, they still haven’t come out so I walk towards the car and open the door.

Jinyoung is flipping out; screaming and blocking her ears while Taeyang tries desperately to calm her down. His head whips around after I’ve opened the door and he looks at me with pleading and apologetic eyes.

I sigh and signal for him to bring her out of the car. I find a nice patch of grass under a tree and tell him to put her down.

“What did you do to her, hyung?” Seungri asks, freaking out when he sees her.

“You said that you could take care of it!” TOP cries out, running his hand through his hair in frustration.

“I … I was wrong.” Taeyang admits with defeat. “I don’t think that she remembered her dream. It seems like she’s still repressing the memories. I shouldn’t have said anything to her!”

Well, I guess if she’s blocking it out, then there’s no reason for us to bring it up again.

We have a quick discussion and decide to not mention it anymore. 

Sitting in a circle around Jinyoung, we chat about ideas for our album concept as we wait for her to calm down.

When the bell suddenly rings to signify the beginning of classes, her eyes spring open as she is brought back to reality. She smiles at us as she jumps up, sprinting to her first class.

We watch her go in silence, amazed at her sudden change in behavior.

 

“So,” I begin, “what does everyone want to do now?”

“What are our options exactly?” Daesung asks.

I think about it for a while. 
We could take a look around the school and then head back home.
We could wait outside, here, for Cindy to finish school and then chill with her after.
Or...as it would make keeping an eye on her easier, we could enroll in the school temporarily, I guess?

I suggest the latter to the guys and they become overexcited at the prospect.

“Don’t have a cow!” I say, laughing while trying to get them to calm down.

 

“Shall we go enroll now?” I ask them, laughing at the huge grins on each of their faces. I have no doubt that I have the same grin glued on my face.

We make our way into the school administration office and enroll with ease.

Well, there were a few slight issues and the school's staff were curious as to why five guys randomly decide to enroll at the same time, one day before mid semester break, but we didn’t pay much attention to them.

We select our subjects, ensuring that Cindy always has at least one of us in the same class as her.
We all share the first two classes today, however, so we head off for study hall as a group, using the map that the office receptionist gave us.

“I can’t wait to see her face!” Seungri muses, “She’s totally going to flip out like she did last night!”

I laugh, imagining her reaction and I can’t keep this ridiculous smile off of my face as we walk down the corridor together.