Chapter 6

Teach Me How To Love You

 

The next morning, Jongin woke up bright and early to get ready for Baekhyun's arrival. He wanted to tidy up the place and make sure it was spotless for his guest. He knew that Kyungsoo would comment on it. The thought made him laugh as he vacuumed the carpet. Jongin was a man of many talents. He cleaned, he cooked, he was good with children, he was goodlooking, and he was still young. He was all a woman or even a man could ever want. There was a lot more to Jongin though. He was a battered soul. He went through a lot when he first took Lauren in. He resented Lauren’s mother a lot. At first. You could even say that he hated her but it was a deep and complex story that he never really wanted to get into. He knew he had to though if he wanted to be with Baekhyun, and he did so he mentally prepared himself for the day that conversation arose. He hoped it wouldn’t be any time soon. Lay and Kyungsoo were the only people who knew the real story of Jongin and Lauren. Jongin finished cleaning the main room so he wiped the counters in the kitchen. His house was very clean but he suddenly felt that it wasn’t clean enough when he met Baekhyun. He looked up to Baekhyun. He felt that nothing that he did would ever be enough for him but he prayed that Baekhyun would accept him for his imperfections, that the angel Baekhyun would have mercy on his soul. He wanted Baekhyun for all that he was worth but felt as though he had nothing to give in return. Suddenly, Jongin felt a hand on his shoulder.

 

“Are you okay?” Kyungsoo asked with a concerned look on his face.

“Yeah. I just zoned out.” Jongin replied and turned off the vacuum.

“Are you sure? You were crying, Jongin.” Kyungsoo stood in front of him worriedy. Jongin touched his face. He felt the wetness on his fingers.

 

“Why were you crying?” Kyungsoo asked. Jongin wiped his face with the back of his hand.

 

“I don’t really know.” Jongin said in all honesty. Kyungsoo helped to wipe his face and gave a sympathetic smile. Lay walked in.

 

“It smells good in here.” Lay said. He patted Jongin on his back and walked into the kitchen. Kyungsoo and Jongin stayed near the doorway for a second and looked at each other.

 

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Kyungsoo asked again.

 

“Yes, but we can talk about it later.” Jongin said. Kyungsoo smiled that Jongin admitted that something was wrong. Jongin walked towards the kitchen and Kyungsoo followed rubbing small circles into the small of his back.

 

“So when is your lover boy getting here?” Lay asked.

 

“Lover boy? Yixing, what has Kyungsoo done to you?” Jongin said with a face reflecting feigned despair.

 

“You only call me Yixing when something is serious.”

 

“This is serious. Here I thought I had one friend that wasn’t a woman but looks like that’s ruined.” Jongin said glaring at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo glared back.

 

“First of all, I’m not a woman. Second of all, you need more than two friends. Third of all, Kyungsoo is not a woman.” Lay responded.

 

“Are you sure about that? Squint your eyes and look more closely. You’ll see it.”

 

“Well I thought my last assessments were correct, but I’ll have to try that next time I’m investigating.” Lay said with a blank facial expression.

 

“I really do not need to hear about your life.” Jongin said covering his ears. Kyungsoo punched his arm and Jongin was about to protest when the doorbell rang. Jongin went to the door. When he opened it, Baekhyun’s lips met his for a very short second. He was so shocked that he didn’t even realize what had happened until after it was over.

 

“Hi, boyfriend.” Baekhyun said smiling as he hugged Kyungsoo. When did he get over there?, Jongin thought.

 

“Hi…” Jongin said nervously.

 

“What is this, high school? The man is blushing…Be a man, Kim Jongin!” Kyungsoo said.

 

“Shut up, Kyungsoo. I like it when he’s shy. He’s reminds me of a frog.” Baekhyun said wrapping his arms around Jongin’s waist.

 

“A frog?” Kyungsoo asked giving Baekhyun a look.

“Yes, a frog. I think I’m going to call him Frog Prince.” Baekhyun said. He looked up at Jongin, “That will be your pet name. Is that okay?” Baekhyun asked staring up at Jongin hopefully.

 

“Mmhm.” Jongin replied, still nervous from Baekhyun’s sudden skinship. He was suddenly less confident now that he and Baekhyun were official. He was afraid that now that they were together, Baekhyun had someone to leave and he really didn’t want that someone to be him. It also worried him that conversations about Lauren would come up in the relationship and he wasn’t ready for it. He had barely had that conversation with himself.

 

“Well I’m not gonna wait here and witness Frog Prince and Belle flirting.” Kyungsoo said walking out of the living room and into the dining room where he had previously set the table. Jongin and Baekhyun followed holding hands. Baekhyun smiled up and Jongin and Jongin smiled back.

 

“The first time I said ‘shut up’ to Kyungsoo was after like a year of friendship. How long have you two really been friends?” Jongin asked.

 

“Two months. I’m not afraid of him.” Baekhyun said chuckling a little at Jongin’s cuteness.

 

“You should be.” Kyungsoo said holding a butter knife. Once he didn’t hear any laughter, he sat down at the table and placed the napkin on his lap looking down at his hands, dissatisfied. Jongin, Lay and Baekhyun sat down as well, admiring Kyungsoo’s menu for Brunch. There were big pieces of French toast, omelettes, bacon and baked brie cheese with fruit salad and yogurt. Jongin was worried though because Kyungsoo is not a good cook.

 

“It looks delicious.” Baekhyun said.

 

“Aww thanks, Baekhyunnie.” Kyungsoo said beaming from the other side of the table.

 

“Don’t be fooled. Is this edible?” Jongin asked Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo gave him a look.

 

“I’ll have you know that I’m a wonderful cook when I have directions to go by. I’m just not very creative. I can’t make stuff up.” Kyungsoo retaliated.

 

“Is that why my tongue commit suicide last time you cooked?” Jongin asked. Kyungsoo gave another annoyed look.

 

“Don’t exaggerate. It wasn’t that bad.” Kyungsoo said pouting.

 

“It was, but I still love you.” Lay said smiling at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo blushed and kissed him.

 

“He smiles?” Baekhyun whispered in Jongin’s ear.

 

“He does on weekends.” Jongin whispers back. 

 

“Let’s eat, es.” Kyungsoo said and dug in. They ate pretty much in silence except for small exchanges between each of the respective couples. Kyungsoo began to compete with Jongin. Whenever Jongin would touch Baekhyun or whisper in his ear, Kyungsoo would try to do more. Jongin was completely unaware of the competition. Jongin caught on though when Kyungsoo called Jongin to come wash dishes after they had finished eating and he walked in on Kyungsoo and Lay making out. Jongin laughed and washed the dishes until Kyungsoo finally called him out on it. Baekhyun came waltzing in and wrapped his arms around Jongin’s waist.

 

“Froggy.” Baekhyun said cutely into Jongin’s back.

 

“Hmm?” Jongin replied still washing dishes.

 

“What are you gonna call me?” Baekhyun said with his face in Jongin’s shirt.

 

“Jagiya. And get your face off my back. Your breath making me shudder.” Jongin said.

 

“Jagiya?” Baekhyun asked after Jongin had turned to face him.

 

“Jagi. Jagiya. Baby. Babe. You’re mine.” Jongin said cupping Baekhyun’s cheeks in his hands and placing a short kiss on his lips.

 

“Jagiya and Froggy? Oh my gosh, you guys are so corny.” Kyungsoo interrupted.

 

“You’re jealous. Let’s go for a walk, Jagi.” Jongin said pulling Baekhyun towards the door.

 

“Nae.” Baekhyun replied.

 

“Don’t burn my house down or have in my bed while I’m gone.” Jongin yelled before opening the door and letting Baekhyun out first and then locking it behind them.