Chapter 5

Teach Me How To Love You

 

"I love you too. Kai." Kyungsoo said giving his hand a squeeze. Jongin knew tha this was a sentimental moment since Kyungsoo called Jongin by his nickname which never happens.

"Am I interrupting anything?" Jongin turned to see Baekhyun holding Lauren's hand.

 

"No, no, not at all. I'll be going now. Be safe." He whispered the last part and then left for the car. Jongin motioned for Baekhyun to come in. He closed the door once Baekhyun was inside. Baekhyun took off his coat and hung on the coat rack by the door. He sighed and then looked around the house. His gaze finally fell on Jongin who was admiring him from afar. Their eyes met and Baekhyun smiled sighing. Jongin bit his lip and sighed in reply.

"Sorry I'm late. A parent forgot her kid and so I had to stay with him at the school until she came." Baekhyun said.

"It's okay." Jongin said. "Come with me to the kitchen." Jongin grabbed his hand and led him to the kitchen. Jongin opened the oven and bent over to check on his chicken. Baekhyun enjoyed the view as he leaned on the island counter behind him.

"Like what you see?" Jongin asked shaking his in the air. Baekhyun laughed and slapped his .

"Pabo." Baekhyun said and then sighed. "You have a beautiful home."

"Thank you."

"It's a little cold."

"Oh! Are you okay? Do you want me to turn on the heater?"

"No, no, it's not that. I'm just worried that you might catch a cold with your wet hair." Baekhyun had just noticed Jongin's wet hair and the rest of his getup. All of which he enjoyed very much. "Let me dry it." Baekhyun sat down on the couch and Jongin sat on the floor between his legs.

"I just got out of the shower."

"Mm." Baekhyun pushed away the thoughts of showering Jongin and lifted the towel from Jongin's shoulders. He gently began drying Jongin's hair quietly.

"There." Baekhyun said once he was done drying. He bent down and sniffed the top of Jongin's head. "Mm. Your hair smells so good."

"It's a mix of Kyungsoo shampoo and Kai."

"Oo. What's Kai?"

"It's my nickname. I just needed a name for my scent that sounded good. Doesn't Kai scent sound better than Jongin scent." Baekhyun laughed.

"Cute. So what is up with you and Kyungsoo? Were you guys together or something? You seem very...close."

"Are you jealous?"

"What? No. I'm just...trying to learn about your past."

"Well, there is nothing up with me and Kyungsoo. He just thinks I'm good looking." Jongin laughed. "And he's fun to tease. Come here." Jongin held Baekhyun's hand and led him to the stove. Jongin stirred some type of sauce in a pot. "Taste this." He held out a spoon to Baekhyun. Baekhyun leaned up and tasted it, smiling as he savored the taste.

"Well, who knew I was in Chateau Kai with Chef Jongin? Wow. It's delicious."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Where did you learn how to cook? Kyungsoo?" Baekhyun questioned.

"No. I insisted to him that I would learn by myself for Lauren's sake. Is that jealousy coming back again?"

"It was never here."

"Right. So how exactly?"

"I watched Rachel Ray's 30 minute meals all day. And I got recipes from food network. But this gravy is all mine." Jongin said, nodding in satisfaction.

"I'm impressed."

"Let's eat." Jongin pulled out Baekhyun's chair. They ate Jongin's wonderful chicken s and mashed potatoes with broccoli quietly. Jongin was glad that they both had a silent agreement to not speak while eating. It prevents multiple possibly embarrassing scenarios. Plus you really get to savor your food. Jongin took this time to think. About Lauren. About Baekhyun. About Kyungsoo and his questionable babysitting technique. Once he escaped from his daydreams, he looked up to see Baekhyun smiling at him.

"What?" Jongin asked laughing.

"Oh, sorry. Just you like froze in time and you make a really cute face when you daydream."

"Oh, thanks. I guess." Jongin said looking down, his face slightly flushed.

"What were you thinking about?"

"Lauren."

"You think about her a lot, don't you?"

"Yeah."

"Is she my competition?"

"Competition in what?"

"In getting to you."

"She's not your competition but she is a prerequisite. She has to like you if this is going to work. But I'm not worried about that since you're her teacher and you're too nice for her not to like you."

"Am I too nice for you not to like me?" Baekhyun asked cutely.

"Are you truly nice? Because you hang out with Kyungsoo and he's not nice. Has he corrupted you? I have a mean friend already I can't have a mean boyfriend too. I, sensitive, you know." Jongin explained with a pout.

"Oh gosh." Baekhyun said laughing and slapping his arm.

"I'm serious. I am very emotional. I'm a fragile soul with a frail heart. No but in all seriousness, you see how attached I am to Lauren. If I lost her, I... That won't happen. I get attached easily so...don't break my heart." Jongin said the end quietly. Baekhyun got up and walked around the table and wrapped his arms around Jongin's shoulders. Jongin slouched down in his seat and Baekhyun rested his head on the top of Jongin's head.

"I like you." Baekhyun whispered into his hair.

"I like you too." Jongin replied. They stayed like that for almost a minute until Baekhyun untangled his arms from Jongin's.

"And I won't break your heart. I was afraid you'd break mine actually. You seemed so strong and manly when I first saw you. So good looking. I was afraid you'd turn out to be a player."

"Hey, I'm still good looking and manly and strong and stuff. But men have feelings too."

"I know." Baekhyun said pinching Jongin's cheek. "Okay, I have to go grade papers so I must bid thou farewell." Baekhyun began walking towards the door.

"Wait." Jongin said grabbing Baekhyun's wrist. "I don't know if you're sure about me but I'm sure about you so...will you be my boyfriend?" Jongin sighed out. Baekhyun took the steps to close the distance between them and looked up at him. He wrapped his arms around his neck and connected their lips. Jongin did not expect Baekhyun to kiss him, let alone to kiss him with such...magic. Baekhyun kissed him with all the passion that a tongueless kiss could have. Jongin wrapped his arms around Baekhyun's waist when he came to. Just after he did though, Baekhyun pulled away.

"Wow." Jongin breathed.

"You don't need to have your tongue down someone's throat to express how you feel. Okay now I can go."

"Wait is that a yes?"

"No that was equivalent to me giving you the finger." Baekhyun said sarcastically.

"Oh, did you say something? I thought I heard Kyungsoo in the room." Jongin said holding his hand to his ear as to listen.

"You must be mistaken." Baekhyun replied in a snarky tone. "Okay, I must leave now." Baekhyun said putting on his coat. "If I don't now, I feel like I never will."

"I wouldn't mind."

"Stop flirting with me." Baekhyun said pouting and opening the door. "You're making it difficult."

"Okay, okay." Jongin said putting his hands up in surrender.

"On second thought, never stop flirting with me. Except, stop for now. We can continue next time."

"Why don't you come for brunch tomorrow? I won't be a third wheel for a change if you come. Lay and Kyungsoo are super lovey dovey."

"Okay. Text me the details. Wait, you don't have my number."

"I'll get it from Kyung. You go grade your papers."

"Okay. Um, good night, Kai."

"Mm. I'm shaking inside." Jongin said dramatically shivering. "Only call me that every once in awhile. I want to maintain its value. But, um good night to you too, Baekhyun." Baekhyun slowly walked to his car. When he got to the car, he turned around and waved. And then got in and drove away. Jongin watched his headlights disappear.

Jongin thought about that night as he washed the dishes, as he took an actual shower and as he brushed his teeth. While he laid in his bed, he stared up at the ceiling listening to the silence. He realized just how lonely he really was, how much he relied on Lauren's company, how much he valued his friendship with Lay and Kyungsoo. But two friends isn't enough he thought. Not when the right side of his bed is empty. For once in his life he felt that he needed more. This was a good thing to want though. Everyone wants to find love. He had never looked before and finally someone had opened his eyes. He had thought that Lauren had opened his eyes enough, as wide as Kyungsoo's. Wide enough to see everything clearly. But all he saw was everything he wanted to see. He didn't want to see his loneliness. He didn't want to see himself laying in his bed thinking about his loneliness. He didn't want to think about silence. He wanted laughter and intimacy and someone that he could call his own. Someone that he knew better than anybody else. He wanted someone else for Lauren. He knew he wasn't always going to be enough for her. They don't always get along. He wanted Lauren to see love as good thing, not something her father could never find. So he was determined, to make her happy and to find happiness for himself. That night, he went to sleep with a smile on his face and a heart light with anticipation.