Chapter 15

Teach Me How To Love You

That weekend, Baekhyun arrived at Kai's house bright and early so they could leave for a trip to the beach. It was Baekhyun's idea and Kai had been more than happy to invite him to his beach house. It was a project that he started when he was in high school and it was finally built just a year ago. He was excited to go back as he never had the time. Lauren would be more comfortable there as well and he had some friends who lived there that they could visit. He was also looking forward to introducing Baekhyun to his friends, namely Taemin, who had thought that Kai would live the rest of his life alone due to his "whiny personality." That was years ago but Kai would still love to prove him wrong. 

Baekhyun was buckling Lauren into her booster seat while Kai hooked the bicycles onto the back of the SUV. He smiled as he looked through the back window and saw Baekhyun talking to Lauren about something. 

"Kai! Could you help me out with this?" Baekhyun called out. After he received no response, he tried again. "Kai! What is he doing?" Just before he turned around, he felt someone slip up behind him. He saw Kai's tan skin reaching out around him and heaved a sigh of relief. He felt Kai pressed up against him from behind as he hooked up Lauren's seatbelt. Baekhyun simply blushed and smiled at Lauren to try to distract himself from how close they were. Finally, Kai backed away and walked around the car to the front seat, smirking away from Baekhyun's gaze.

"Yah! What was that?" Baekhyun yelled across the car. Kai chuckled a little and sat down in the the driver's seat. He smiled to himself as he started the car. 

"Mr. Baekhyun, are you mad at my dad?" Lauren asked, tapping Baekhyun's shoulder.

"Aw, do the kids call you Mr. Baekhyun?" Kai asked, snorting. 

"Yeah! It's because he feels old when people call him by his last name," Lauren explained.

"Well, Mr. Byun why don't you get up here so that we can get going?" Kai asked, laughing outright now. Baekhyun glared at him. 

"Lauren, I think I am mad at your dad. And Jongin, I think I'll sit in the back seat with Lauren because I think I like her a little more right now," Baekhyun said closing Lauren's door softly. He walked around the car to the Kai's side and made a face at him through the window. He got into the back seat and strapped on his seatbelt. Kai was in shock.

"Wait, really?" Kai asked. Baekhyun simply ignored him. "Are you seriously mad at me?"

"Lauren, what movie do you wanna watch?" Baekhyun asked, helping her put on her headphones and grabbing himself a pair.

"You're giving me the silent treatment?" Kai asked, panicking slightly. "Baby, I'm sorry."

"Let's watch Happy Feet!" Lauren exclaimed, pointing to the DVD. "Daddy, let's go!" 

Baekhyun took the CD out of its box and put it into the car's built-in movie player. 

"Maybe I'll feel a little better after the movie, Mr. Kim. Just drive and don't worry about it," Baekhyun said, pressing play at the main menu. Kai sighed and pulled out of the drive way, not looking forward to the two hours he would have to do before Baekhyun talked to him.

 

 

 

Kai was listening to the radio quietly to keep himself entertained, Baekhyun and Lauren's laughs interrupting every so often. He had a constant pout on his face. In the back seat, Baekhyun was enjoying the movie. Every once in a while, he made cute faces in the rearview mirror at Kai, blowing him kisses and making hearts with his hands. Kai, however, was too distracted by his worry to notice them. Luckily, Baekhyun had told Lauren not to tell Kai so he could do it all that he wanted. The movie was coming to an end and Baekhyun was looking forward to making up with Kai. It had been too long and he was missing Kai's lips. 

"Daddy, I have to go to the bathroom," Lauren said, taking her headphones off once the movie was over. Kai was beyond excited that he would finally get to pull over and talk to Baekhyun and beg for forgiveness. He took the first rest stop that he could find. It only had the rest room and no food. He couldn't imagine eating if his baby was still angry with him. 

Once they were inside the rest stop, Lauren insisted that she could go by herself, so Baekhyun was stuck outside with Kai. 

"Babe..." Kai started. He grabbed Baekhyun's hands and kissed each of them. Baekhyun looked away, trying not to smile. "I'm so sorry that I hurt your feelings. I'm sorry that I made you feel old. Even though you are old. But you're still cute."

Baekhyun pulled his hands away, hitting Kai's arm.

"Do you think I didn't see not one of those faces you were making?" Kai wrapped his arms around Baekhyun's waist and eskimo kissed him. Baekhyun pushed him away and pouted. "Oh come on, Baek. Don't be sad. Why did you lie though?"

"I didn't lie. I was mad at you. Not mad enough to make me resist you though," Baekhyun said seductively, he wrapped his arm around Kai's neck getting read to make up for the time missed. Before their lips touched, however, he felt someon pulling on his pant leg.

"Oh wait, were you gonna kiss? I'm sorry. Go ahead," Lauren said, smiling up at them. Baekhyun and Kai just stared at her becoming a little red in the face. "What are waiting for?"

"We weren't gonna kiss. Actually we haven't kissed yet so we wanted to save our first kiss for a special moment," Baekhyun said. Lauren looked at Baekhyun, then at Kai, then back to Baekhyun again.

"Right. Well let's get going. I wanna see uncle Taemin," Lauren said. Kai shook his head and held Baekhyun's hand all the way to the car. After buckling Lauren in, Kai held the passenger seat door open, motioning for Baekhyun to get in with a hopeful look on his face. Baekhyun hesitated, pretending to go the other side of the car. He came back though, stopping to caress Kai's cheek before getting into the car. Kai closed the door and ran around to the driver's seat with a smile on his face. 

Once he put on his seatbelt, Kai looked back to see Lauren with her eyes closed already, making those cute breathing noises she usually makes. 

"How cute, she must have been really tired. Can I kiss you now?" Kai asked cupping Baekhyun's cheek with his hand. Baekhyun didn't answer and just leaned in. Kai deepened the kiss letting his tongue Baekhyun's slowly. Baekhyun had taken off his seatbelt and was now leaning even closer with his arms around Kai's neck.

"You guys are cute," Lauren said suddenly and Kai and Baekhyun jumped away from each other. But their lips were red and they were swollen, guilt written across their faces. "I knew you guys were about to kiss. My teacher and my dad are dating. Don't worry. I'll keep it a secret," Lauren said, whispering the last part. 

"Yes, Lauren. Make sure not to tell your classmates about this," Kai said as he turned back thrrough his and Baekhyun's seats to look at her.

"Yeah, yeah, daddy. Anyway, you guys can kiss in front of me now. Actually that wasn't the first time I've seen you guys kiss. Okay, I'm gonna sleep now. Gotta get my beauty rest before I get to the beach. Night, night." And with that, Lauren went to sleep. Kai and Baekhyun looked at each other. They smiled a little.

"Do you want me to drive?" Baekhyun asked, rubbing Kai's arm. "You're not tired are you?"

"No, no. Please sleep and then once you're well rested then we can switch. Okay, love?" Kai said.

"Are you sure? I'm not that tired. You've been working all week," Baekhyun said.

"I'm sure, baby. Sleep, sleep."

"Okay," Baekhyun said and leaned on the window to sleep. Kai smiled at him and pulled out of the parking space to get on their way again.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for not updating recently! I had writer's block but now it's the new year and I feel renewed so I will hopefully be able to update more often! Thank you so much for reading! Hearts!!!