Chapter 4

Teach Me How To Love You

 

"Sleep well, Baekhyun hyung."*

"Good night, Jongin."*            

 

For the next three days, Jongin walks Lauren to class every morning and wishes that he could pick her up every afternoon. He enjoyed talking with Baekhyun in the morning and subtly grabbing each other's wrists or touching their hands as they speak. They were starting to become really close friends. They were slowly learning about each other and Jongin liked that. He liked the pace at which they were going. It wasn't too slow but not too fast. Jongin was afraid that Baekhyun would want to move faster than him but Baekhyun stayed right beside him. Friday night came and Jongin was overwhelmed. Kyungsoo was late picking up Lauren, his stove seemed to be against him, and he couldn't figure out what to wear. Once Kyungsoo arrived, he begged Kyungsoo to help him pick something.

"Why?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Because I don't know what to wear. I haven't even tried one outfit yet." Jongim complained.

"Are you kidding me?! Shut up! You look good in everything!"

"Are you sure?" Jongin asked. He was only wearing a gray v-neck sweater and jeans.

"You looks fine! Wait! I have an idea. Put on what you wore to work."

"This is what I wore to work."

"Class, my . What kind of slogan is that if you can't even wear some dress pants to work? Ugh. We'll, do you own a dress shirt?"

"Well obviously. We look classy outside of the office when people see us."

"Well, what are you waiting for?"

"Lauren, would you go grab daddy a dress shirt from the closet? Pick any shirt you want." Jongin asked Lauren from where he was standing with Kyungsoo.

"Mmhm." Lauren replied and ran up the stares.

"What is she, your dog? You have legs." Kyungsoo asked.

"Well, she's faster and she likes that kind of stuff. That's why there's a little stepping stool in my closet. She picks out my shirts every day."

"Oh. So that's why you look like crap for work."

"Are you saying my daughter doesn't have good taste, because I'll have you know that she has incredible fashion sense."

"Here daddy." Lauren said looking up at Jongin.

"See, look at this shirt. Thanks, sweetheart." Jongin said kissing her head. He held up the shirt. It was a navy blue button up shirt and Jongin knew that he looked his best in dark colors. Kyungsoo knew also.

"Well, you need some slacks too." Kyungsoo said.

"Lau-oh." Lauren was already half way up the stairs, looking cute as ever with her long hair bouncing behind her. Kyungsoo shook his head. Lauren came running back down the stairs with some gray slacks. She gave them to Jongin and then ran to her play room. Jongin started pulling off his sweater.

"Oh come on, Jongin. Can't you do that in your bedroom?"

"Even if I went upstairs, you would be imagining this view, so why aren't you satisfied with the real thing? it up." Jongin said.

"Yah!" Kyungsoo said quietly while blushing. Jongin began ing the button-up shirt he had worn under the sweater. He was standing on in an undershirt and Kyungsoo was dazed.

"You know it's rude to stare." Jongin said as he put his arms through his new shirt.

"Let me." Kyungsoo said still blushing and began buttoning up Jongin's shirt. Jongin smirked down at Kyungsoo.

"You know, you said I have legs. That probably means I have two hands too. Last time I checked, at least." Jongin said, noticing how Kyungsoo's hands lingered on his chest.

"Well, you might miss a button and look like an idiot." Kyungsoo said bringing his hands down.

"There are two more buttons."

"You look hotter with it open like this."

"I'm not trying to seduce him."

"Seduce doesn't mean . You can seduce without getting in bed. You're just keeping him interested."

"I'll take your word for it." Jongin said as he unbuckled his belt. The jingling drew Kyungsoo's eyes to Jongin's crotch.

"Haven't we been over this staring thing?"

"Well, when a feast is in my presence, I am going to indulge myself gaily."

"Gaily?" Jongin said bending over to step out of his pants hat were now pooled at his ankles. He was wearing tight black boxer briefs. When he stood up straight, he was met with Kyungsoo's adorable shocked expression all wide eyes and O-shaped mouth. Kyungsoo tried to play it off, handing Jongin his pants and covering his eyes. Jongin laughed at Kyungsoo's entire conduct.

"Are you done?" Kyungsoo said with his eyes still covered.

"Maybe." Jongin said. Kyungsoo peaked through his fingers to find Jongin's face centimeters from his twisted into a crazed expression. Kyungsoo jumped and screamed a little.

"You frog!!!" Kyungsoo whimpered.

"Love you too. So. Was this your genius idea for my outfit 'cause it's really nothing special."

"Well-" Kyungsoo started.

"Hold that thought." Jongin went to check on the chicken s he was cooking in the oven. Once he had closed it back up, he felt something fall onto his shoulders.

"What's this?" Jongin said.

"It's a towel. Go to the sink." Kyungsoo said as he walked away. Jongin leaned on the sink and waited. Kyungsoo came back with a tub of some clear gel-type stuff and some shampoo and conditioner.

"What is that?" Jongin asked.

"Asking all them questions. Just turn around and put your head down." Kyungsoo said exasperatedly.

"I hope you're not doing what I think you're doing." There was a pause.

"Oh my god! Kim Jongin! Get your head out of the gutter! And why would you bottom for me? I'm like the definition of bottom. If you were to look in the dictionary, which I'm sure you wouldn't due to your lacking vocabulary, and you looked up bottom, a picture of me and I don't know, Spongebob would come up."

"First of all, you are the one who needs to get your head out of the gutter because I was just worried that you were going to wet my hair and second of all, Spongebob? Third of all: I wouldn't bottom for you. Ever."

"Yeah. Bikini bottom??? Hello? Anyhoo, and yes I am going to wet your hair so put your head down." Kyungsoo said pushing his head down. Kyungsoo did it more because he didn't want Jongin to see him blushing from embarrassment. Kyungsoo the sink and started massaging Jongin's head, lathering the shampoo. He quickly conditioned his hair and then twisted open the jar of gel.

"Stand up." Kyungsoo commanded. Jongin obliged silently. He stayed quiet while Kyungsoo styled his hair nicely. Kyungsoo nodded in approval when he was finished. He actually ended up not needing the gel as the thickness of Jongin's hair served itself.

"I should be a hair stylist." Kyungsoo said with pride. He draped the towel over his shoulders. "You are now ready to woo Byun Baekhyun. You look hot."

"This is it?" Jongin asked.

"This is y." Kyungsoo said turning Jongin towards a mirror. "I mean, don't you think?" Jongin looked at himself in the mirror. He liked it.

"Not bad." Jongin said nonchalantly, to not give Kyungsoo the satisfaction.

"I'm going to pretend you said, 'I appreciate you so much Kyungsoo. I owe you my life.' and leave now. Lauren! Come say goodbye to your father."

"Bye, daddy." Lauren said as Kyungsoo helped her put on her shoes and coat.

"Bye, baby girl." Jongin said.

"And he's good with children. Aigo." Kyungsoo said under his breath.

"What?" Jongin said though he heard.

"Oh, nothing."Kyungsoo said standing up. "Okay. We're off. I'll see you tomorrow for brunch."

"Okay." Jongin said looking at his watch. "Wow, Baekhyun's nearly thirty minutes late. I hope nothing happened to him." Kyungsoo put his hand on Jongin's shoulder.

"Don't worry about it. I know him. He'll be here." Kyungsoo had opened the door and Lauren was standing by the car. Another car pulled into the driveway. Kyungsoo turned around to leave.

"Kyungsoo!"

"Yeah?" Kyungsoo turned back around.

"I love you." Jongin said grabbing his hand.

"I love you too. Kai." Kyungsoo said giving his hand a squeeze. Jongin knew tha this was a sentimental moment since Kyungsoo called Jongin by his nickname which never happens.

"Am I interrupting anything?" Jongin turned to see Baekhyun holding Lauren's hand.