Chapter 2

Teach Me How To Love You

 

"What's a wimp?" Lauren asked, once they were away from Jongin.

"Oh...a wimp is a really awesome dad." Kyungsoo said and walked them to class.

 

-Later That Night-

"I'm home!" Jongin yelled out into the dark house. He expected Kyungsoo to be here with Dayoung and Lauren babysitting. He received no answer. He figured that they were at Kyungsoo and Lay's house instead so he went upstairs to take a shower. When he gets out of the shower he hears some noises. He goes to the bedroom and looks out the window to see if Kyungsoo's car was there but it wasn't. He grabs his bat from his high school days from the closet and begins his descent down the stairs. He realizes that the noise is coming from the kitchen and walks in and yells

"Hey!" Kyungsoo screams and the girls hide under the table and Lay just sits at the table looking serious as always.

"What are you doing??" Lay asked calmly.

"I thought you were burglars. I give you a spare key to my house, the least you could is make some noise when you get here before me. How long have you people been here?" Jongin said throwing his hands up in defeat.

"The entire time. If you had parked in the garage like you usually do, you would have seen both of our cars." Lay said.

"Well I was in a rush."

"A rush to where?"

"A rush to see my daughter since I haven't seen her for hours."

"Oh my gosh. You're so pitiful."

"Ugh. Why do you look like a Christmas ornament?" Jongin asked pointedly to Kyungsoo.

"Not all Christmas ornaments are red, you know?" Kyungsoo said blushing even deeper.

"Let me try again. Why do you look like a RED Christmas ornament?"

"All you're wearing is a towel." Kyungsoo said quietly.

"And?"

"Did you know that your abs flex when you get frustrated?" Kyungsoo observed.

"You're the one who's frustrated." Jongin said under his breath.

"Yah! Just put some clothes on, Kim Jongin!" Kyungsoo yelled.

"Oh my gosh, why are you so uncomfortable around shirtless men? Ugh. Lauren, come upstairs to change." Jongin says holding out his hand for hers.

"Why does she need to change?" Yixing asked. Jongin covers Lauren's ears.

"Um. Schools are filled with germy children who could get my clean daughter sick. If she eats in her contaminated clothes then the germs will enter her immune system even more easily." Jongin uncovered her ears. Kyungsoo and Yixing both gave him a look.

"Let's go Lauren." Jongin grabbed her hand and led her up the stairs. He sent her into her room to pick out something to wear while he changed. Once Jongin was changed he went to help Lauren change.

"Daddy?"

"Mm." Jongin replied while trying to hook a button that was clearly against him.

"You're a wimp."

"Did those devil spawn classmates of yours teach you bad words already?" Jongin said getting angry.

"No. I didn't know it was a bad word. Uncle Kyungsoo taught me that word."

"Oh really? What did he say it means?"

"He said it means really awesome dad." Jongin laughed.

"He's so full of it." Jongin said under his breath so Lauren couldn't hear. "Why don't we play a little prank on Uncle Kyungsoo?"

"Okay."

"So, the plan is you're not going to tell him that you know what it actually means but just use it a lot and it will be our secret that we know what it actually means."

"What does it mean?"

"It means like a weakling. Someone who can't defend themselves."

"Ohhhh...okay." Lauren said nodding slowly.

"But don't use it or you'll get in big, big trouble." Jongin said shaking his finger in front of her face.

"Ay, ay captain." Lauren said saluting him. Jongin was so glad he taught her to do that last weekend.

"Ready?" Jongin asked standing up and holding her hand.

"Yup." Jongin chuckled.

"Oh and your classmates are not devil spawn. They are nice children. Little cherubs. You should befriend them." Jongin said.

"But aren't they germy?" Lauren asked.

"Oh you heard that. I was making fun of Kyungsoo. It was a joke but remember how he hates my jokes. Your friends are very clean just like you. Like little Pinesol babies. Okay?"

"Mmhmm."

"Okay, let's go. Want to take the slide?" Jongin was an architect. He started sketching this house on a napkin when he was having dinner with Lauren's mom one time before she gave her up. He designed this house with the idea that it would be modern and mature but suitable for children since that was a dream of his. He didn't expect he would be getting a child less than a year later.

"Yay!" Jongin sat down at the top of the slide and placed Lauren on his lap. They slid down the slide together with Lauren laughing all the way. The slide brought them to the kitchen where they were met with the eyes of Kyungsoo, Yixing and Dayoung. Jongin though that Kyungsoo and Yixing were training Dayoung to look at him condescendingly in the same way that they do.

"I'm glad to see you in clothes." Kyungsoo said.

"Really? It seemed like you were pretty glad when I wasn't wearing any clothes last time I checked." Jongin said. Kyungsoo was silent. Lay looked a little uncomfortable. He didn't like it when Kyungsoo and Jongin flirted. He couldn't say anything though because he and Kyungsoo had had this discussion before. In which, it was revealed that Yixing also found him attractive so he couldn't talk to Kyungsoo about that.but they loved each other all the same. Jongin helped Lauren into a seat at the table. 

"So what's for dinner?" Kai said leaning back in his chair.

"Fix your posture at my table, Kim Jongin!" Kyungsoo said.

"Last time I checked this was my house. So I assume that this is my table."

"Well your so-called table is covered with the fruits of my labor so last time I checked which was 15 minutes ago when dinner was served and you were not present that this was my table." Kyungsoo said.

"Daddy? Uncle Kyungsoo is such a wimp. Why aren't you a wimp like him?"  Lauren asked. Kyungsoo smirked thinking that it was a compliment to him.

"Because I'm the best dad ever." Jongin replied. Kyungsoo was a little confused.

"Daddy. You're a wimp." Dayoung said to Kyungsoo. Yixing raised an eyebrow at this. Jongin and Lauren high-fixed and then died laughing. Kyungsoo was defeated.