Injured.

My job isn't to babysit!!!

 

Taeyeon bid Kris goodbye and a goodnight before shutting the door to the passenger side of his car. She then made her way up the street of the neighborhood, heading towards her shared apartment with Seohyun and Sunny. Finally reaching to her apartment, Taeyeon unlocked the gate and walked in, closing the gate door behind her. She made her way up a short distance walkway before reaching the front door of the apartment. She stuck her hand into her hand bag, fished out her set of keys and unlocked the front door, “I’m home,” Taeyeon announced, kicking her shoes off and slipping on her slippers.

 

“Oh hey unnie,” Seohyun greeted her by sticking her head out from the kitchen which was right next to the entrance way, “dinner is almost ready.”

 

“It’s okay Seohyun, I already had dinner with Kris before coming home,” Taeyeon told the younger one before heading down the hallway to her right. Seohyun pouted at her unnie’s back and retreated back into the kitchen to help finish dinner with Sunny. Taeyeon opened the door to her room and flickered on the light. She made her way over to her light brown colored desk which was up against the wall and placed her hand bag on top of it. Taeyeon placed both of her hands onto the top of her desk chair and leans forward a bit, thinking of Kyungsoo. She bit her bottom lip then spun around so that her back was now leaning against the chair, “Should I talk to him about it?” she pondered. After standing in her room in a complete silence, Taeyeon ruffled her hair and let out an annoyed grunt, “I guess I can, after all he is my student.” Shutting her eyes and tilting her head back, Taeyeon tried to get her mind off of her job and Kyungsoo. Taking in a deep breath, Taeyeon then reopened her eyes and walked over to her small black wardrobe to fish out her pajamas.

 

“Where’s Taeyeon unnie?” Sunny asked, placing the last plate of food on the small dinner table. Seohyun approached the dinner table with two cups of water in her hands and placed each of them beside the empty plate, “She already had dinner with Kris before coming home,” Seohyun answered, “so I guess she won’t be joining dinner with us tonight.”

 

Sunny gave Seohyun a nod of her head signaling that she understood before sitting in her seat, “Thanks for dinner Seohyun,” she said happily. Seohyun chuckled and Sunny, “You’re welcome unnie.”

 

---

 

Taeyeon got out from the shower and quickly got dressed into her pajamas. She wrapped her hair with her towel and stepped out of the bathroom then head to her bedroom. She closed the door after her, pulled open her wardrobe again and pulled out her futon, a blanket and a pillow. Taeyeon neatly laid her futon in the middle of the room and placed her blanket and pillow neatly on top of the white futon. She then got up from her knee sitting position, dusted her hands off and spun around to face her desk, “Time to get some work done,” she told herself before slipping into her desk chair and opened her laptop.

 

After hours of trying to get her work done on her laptop, Taeyeon’s eyes started to fall shut on her. She let out a loud yawn and stretched and then glanced at the round clock sitting on her desk, “Gosh it’s late, I should be getting some sleep right now.” Taeyeon got up from her chair and turned off her desk light then spun around to turn off the room light as well. She then made her way back over to her futon, got under the blanket and lied down on her pillow. Taeyeon stared straight at the ceiling and went back into thinking, “I must talk to Kyungsoo tomorrow when I see him,” she told herself before shutting her eyes.

 

---

 

“Alright Sunny, I’ll be home early today,” Taeyeon told the blonde head girl who was still sitting in the yellow taxi car. She waved bye to Sunny first before closing the door of the taxi and watched it disappeared from the school grounds. Taeyeon then her heels and made her way through the gates of the university. She walked pass a bunch of students before reaching the front doors of the school building. Just as Taeyeon was about to place a hand on the door knob and pull it open, the door was opened from the inside and it rushed towards Taeyeon’s way in a fast movement. Taeyeon jumped back a little so that she wouldn’t get hit by the door. She glanced up to scold at the person and came face to face with Suho, who was just standing there staring at her instead of apologizing, “0.10 centimeters more and I would have smacked you in the face with the door,” he commented.

 

Taeyeon’s mouth dropped, hearing the words from Suho, “You did that on purpose?” she asked. Suho threw his head back and cackled before stopping, “Sure did,” he answered.

 

“Suho, quit being mean to Taeyeon shi,” Baekhyun said and placed a hand on Suho’s left shoulder, “I think you should apologize to the lady.”

 

“Ew no,” Suho replied, walking past Taeyeon and made sure to bump shoulders with her before heading towards the stairs. Taeyeon grunted when Suho’s shoulder came in contact with hers and stumbled backwards, her left ankle lost its balance and curved in. Baekhyun quickly ran forward and caught Taeyeon in his arms right before she fell on her , “Woah there, we wouldn’t want a pretty lady like you injured now.”

 

Taeyeon blushed and pushed Baekhyun away from her, “Thank you Baekhyun,” she said with a bow then hurridly scurried passed Baekhyun but was caught when he caught her wrist, “are you sure you’re fine?” he asked. Taeyeon gave him quick nod before limping her way towards the door. Baekhyun frowned at the way Taeyeon walked and decided to help her out, “Here,” he quickly picked Taeyeon up bridal style way and entered the building. Taeyeon gasped out loud and struggled to get out of his grasps, “Baekhyun let go of me, I told you that I was fine,” she said, hitting him on the back with her left fist.

 

“You’re limping,” he stated, “obviously you’re not okay, I’m going to take you to the nurse’s room where she can bandage up your ankle for you.”

 

“Okay but just put me down, I don’t want people to stare or to get the wrong idea,” Taeyeon argued. Baekhyun stopped in the middle of the empty hallway and slowly placed Taeyeon back down on her own two feet, “here,” he grabbed her left arm and placed it around his shoulders, “let me help you okay? Don’t try to act all tough, especially when you’re so small and light.” Taeyeon gave Baekhyun a nod of approval and followed him to the nurse’s room.

 

“Mrs. Jung,” Baekhyun called loudly, helping Taeyeon to sit on the waiting chairs. The door to the office room opened and Mrs. Jung who is a mid 30 year old lady with jet black hair and tied into a bun placed neatly behind her head, comes walking out, “Baekhyun shi,” she said with a smile, “what brought you here today?”

 

“Taeyeon might of sprained her ankle,” he answered Mrs. Jung and pointed a finger to Taeyeon who was massaging her soar ankle.

 

“Let me take a look,” Mrs. Jung squat down before Taeyeon and brought her left ankle to rest it on her lap. She then massaged Taeyeon’s ankle and tried to feel if there was anything wrong with it, “Ah yes,” she said, “she sprained but it’s not too bad,” Mrs. Jung carefully placed Taeyeon’s left foot back down and got up from her squatting position, “I’m going to grab some bandage and bandage up her ankle, for the mean time, can you please help rub Taeyeon shi’s ankle for her?” she asked Baekhyun.

 

“Sure,” Baekhyun answered. Mrs. Jung gave him a smile before disappearing into the hallway of the nursing office. Baekhyun sat down beside Taeyeon and bent down to grab her ankle but she shuffled her left foot away, “I can do it myself,” Taeyeon said.

 

“Don’t be such a stubborn lady,” Baekhyun reached out and grabbed onto her left foot, “just enjoy it will you?” Taeyeon bit her lips and nodded as Baekhyun began his massaging, “Wow Baekhyun, you’re really good at massaging,” Taeyeon exclaimed. Baekhyun laughed a bit before answering her, “I know and thank you.”

 

“Where did you learn massaging from?”

 

“My aunt who is my mother’s older sister owns a massaging place. I usually go there to get massaged or to learn lessons from her,” Baekhyun explained while rolling his thumb on the knuckle of her ankle without too much pressure, “tell me if I add too much pressure okay?”

 

“Okay,” Taeyeon answered him. While the both of them sat in silence, Baekhyun busy in his work, Taeyeon tilt her head to the side and examined his features. Baekhyun was still young for his age, well at least for his appearance. His brown locks of hair dropped down in front his face, covering his eyes. His nose was small yet sharp and his lips were…Taeyeon had to admit, Baekhyun had one of the most prettiest pair of lips for a guy. She blushed and looked away after she noticed that she was examining his face, “You can continue to examine me if you like” Baekhyun said, glancing up at Taeyeon with a smile on his face.

 

Taeyeon quickly side glance Baekhyun and looked away again, “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” she stated. Baekhyun let out a chuckle before bending down again, “Sure.” Before Taeyeon got the chance to say anything else, Mrs. Jung came back with a box of bandages in her hands, “Thank you Baekhyun shi,” she said while Baekhyun stood up from his seat. Mrs. Jung lifted Taeyeon’s ankle up a bit so that she could wrap the bandages around her ankle, “How long does this need to stay?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“I’ll say about a good week, but it might heal after 2 to 3 days though,” Mrs. Jung answered, “your ankle is a bit swollen from whatever you did to it.” Taeyeon flinched a little as Mrs. Jung add a bit of a pressure on her ankle, “I’m sorry did I hurt you?” Mrs. Jung asked once she noticed that Taeyeon flinched.

 

“Just a little,” Taeyeon breathed out, “but I’m fine.”

 

After wrapping Taeyeon’s ankle in the bandages, Mrs. Jung helped Taeyeon to stand up from the seat, “Would you like a pair of crutches?” she asked. Taeyeon shook her head at the offer, “I’m okay, I think I’ll be able to walk without the crutches.”

 

“Okay, hope you feel better Taeyeon shi,” Mrs. Jung said with a smile. Taeyeon and Baekhyun both bowed at Mrs. Jung for her work before leaving the nurse’s office. Once outside, Taeyeon turned to look at Baekhyun and bowed at him too, “Thank you for helping me,” Taeyeon said. Baekhyun chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck, “Don’t worry about it Taeyeon,” he said, “here, why don’t I help you yeah?”

 

Taeyeon gave Baekhyun a nod and a smile. Baekhyun grabbed onto her left arm and helped her walk to the doors, “Baekhyun, if you don’t mind me asking but…”

 

“Nope, I don’t mind at all,” Baekhyun said, opening the door so that Taeyeon can exit first. Once they were outside, Taeyeon latched back onto Baekhyun and proceed to ask her question, “You’re such a nice guy and you help out other people but then why do you hang out with a bunch of boys who are the opposite of you?”

 

Baekhyun chuckled and looked straight ahead instead of staring at Taeyeon, “That’s because, even though they’re pricks to others, within each of us, we found that we’re all alike.”

 

“Alike?”

 

Baekhyun nods and faces her this time, “Because we all come from a rich and well known family, we understand each other perfectly and understand what each and every one of us went through.”

 

“I don’t get it,” Taeyeon said.

 

Baekhyun chuckled and patted her hands, “You will one of these days.”