Working is prohibited.

My job isn't to babysit!!!

 

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to make you wait so long,” Taeyeon told Kris as she hopped into the passenger side of his car. Kris chuckled and shook his head, “No need to, I just got here,” he stated and started the engine again.

 

“So what movie did you want to go watch?” Taeyeon asked, placing her hand bag at her feet. Kris pulled out from the parking space and drove down the parking lot to exit, “I was debating between action or horror,” he answered her, turning his head to his left to see if any car was coming. Seeing that no car was coming, Kris made a right turn and drove straight, “Hm…,” Taeyeon pondered, placing her pointer finger under her chin, “how about…action,” she said excitedly.

 

“I was thinking of that too,” Kris chuckled along with Taeyeon.

 

“I heard of a new American movie that came out, it’s called ‘Jack the Giant Slayer’,” Taeyeon chimed in.

 

“Oh I know of that story,” Kris stated, “that story used to be told as a children story back when I was a kid and living in Canada. Sure we can go watch that movie,” he made another right turn with his car and continued to drive straight, “So tell me, how was your first day at work?”

 

Taeyeon let out a yawn and leaned her head back against the soft seat, “It was…hectic,” she answered.

 

“Hectic?”

 

“Yeah, so at my school there are these six boys by the name of Kim Jongin, Park Chanyeol, Byun Baekhyun, Oh Sehun, Do Kyungsoo, and Kim Suho…”

 

“Those names sounds familiar,” Kris cut her off and turned into a parking lot, “I heard of their names before but can’t pin point out when.”

 

“They’re from really rich families here in Korea,” Taeyeon said.

 

“Oh that’s right,” Kris parked his car into a parking space and turned off his engine, “come on,” he opened his car door and slammed it shut, Taeyeon doing the same, “so go on,” he motioned for her to continued while the both of them made their way out of the parking lot towards the movie theater.

 

“So anyways, yeah they’re like the most well known boys among the university, Baekhyun’s parents are famous designers and models, Chanyeol’s father is a top business man if I remembered correctly, Suho’s father is a very well known scientist, and Jieun didn’t tell me much about Sehun’s and Kyungsoo’s parents but I’m guess they’re rich and all as well, and then we have Jongin who is the son of the principle’s at the school I’m working at.”

 

“Interesting,” Kris said while the both of the approached the window, “Two tickets for Jack the Giant Slayer at 3:30 please,” he told the lady. After paying for the tickets, Kris and Taeyeon decided that they would go have some ice cream before watching the movie since it was still pretty early for them.

 

“How about this one?” Taeyeon asked, pointing to an ice cream shop. The ice cream shop standing before the two was a very tall rectangle shaped building colored in the color of pink. It was at least two stories high with three windows at the top and three windows at the bottom. Under the three windows at the bottom was a gold border that surrounded a purple door which had another set of three small windows at the top and to the right of the door was two large windows with a purple door standing right in the middle of the two huge windows.

 

“This one is fine,” Kris answered her and the two of them made their way inside. Once inside they saw that to their right side of the wall were several white round tables with small flower pot sitting in the middle placed neatly in one line with pink chairs placed around it. The pink chairs had a round sitting area with the back resting area made of small metals curved into designs. On the wall was a huge map of South Korea and some different other photos of celebrities. To their left was the ice cream decision counter where the entire flavor the ice creams were placed in a cool fridge. Behind the cool fridge counter was where all the supplies needed for the store were at. Decorated around that place was cartooned ice cream cones taped onto the wall with a fake ice cream cone standing to the side of the counter.

 

“Come on Kris,” Taeyeon grabbed Kris by the hand and lead him towards the fridge counter. “Hi there, how may I help you today?” a young girl from the other side asked. Taeyeon gave her a ‘hmmm’ sound while scanning the flavors they provided, “Say,” she began, glancing up to stare at the girl, “what’s your most popular flavor today?”

 

“Well our most popular flavor today is the one to the side right here,” the girl placed a hand on the border of the ice cream tub, which had a sign saying ‘flavored choice of the day’, “its called Arboretum Breeze, the ice cream is a vanilla flavor ice cream with cinnamon apple flavor and cinnamon caramel swirl added, would you like to try a some?”

 

“Sure,” Taeyeon beamed. The girl took a small disposable spoon, scooped up a small piece and handed it over to Taeyeon. Taeyeon gladly took the spoon and shoved it into . The vanilla ice cream mixed with cinnamon apple flavor and cinnamon caramel swirl all melted into in one go. Taeyeon lets out a satisfied mewl and pulled the spoon out of before on it clean, “I’ll take that one,” she said.

 

“Great, now do you want it single scoop or double scoop?”

 

“Single is fine with me,” Taeyeon answered her, “Kris you want to try?” she asked,.

 

“I’m good,” Kris answered, “I just planning to get strawberry swirl.”

 

Taeyeon scrunched up her face and then shrugged, “You’re so plain and original at times,” she told him, marching over to throw the spoon in the waste bin. Kris chuckled from behind her, “Can’t help it Taeyeon, I’m not as risky as you are.”

 

“Oh please,” Taeyeon spun back around and gave him a roll of her eyes, “as if I am. Tell me again,” she marched back over to Kris and nudged him in the arm with her knuckle, “who’s the one talking about wanting to go sky dive one day?”

 

Kris faked cough, stuffed his hands into his pocket and glanced somewhere else but Taeyeon’s stare, “Don’t know what you’re talking about,” he said with a whistle. Taeyeon laughed at Kris’s attempt to act clueless and bumped him on the hip with hers, “You at acting clueless,” she told him.

 

“Here you go miss,” the girl handed Taeyeon her ice cream cone.

 

“Ah thank you!” Taeyeon grabbed the cone from the girl’s hand and start it, “go Kris, it’s your turn.”

 

“Oh right, hi can I please get one scoop of the strawberry swirl?” he asked.

 

“Sure,” the girl answered and got to work right away.

 

“You’re paying right Kris?” Taeyeon asked from behind him. Kris glanced behind him and saw her sitting down in one of the chairs, “I guess,” he answered.

 

“You know you love me,” She said jokingly while staring at the huge map of South Korea. Kris blushed from her words and spun back around, trying his best to look normal.

 

“Here you go,” the girl handed him his cone, “and all together it would be 2.75,” she said. Kris paid for the two ice cream cones and walked over to Taeyeon, “ready to go?” he asked. Taeyeon gave him a nod and shot up from the seat then left the store with Kris by her side. The two of them walked back over to the front of the theater and sat down at the water fountain while enjoying their ice creams, “Here try it, it’s really good,” Taeyeon shoved her ice cream cone towards Kris’s face. Kris pulled a bit backwards before shaking his head, “I’m okay Taeyeon, I have mine,” he said and showed her his.


Taeyeon rolled her eyes at him, “Of course I know that, but try mine, it’s really delicious.” Kris sighed in defeat and nods, “Fine,” he opened his mouth and took a huge bite from her ice cream and then laughed. Taeyeon screamed loudly and stood up from where she was sitting, “KRIS!!” she shouted. Kris covered his mouth with his free hand and continued to laugh while Taeyeon glared at him.

 

“Why did you do that?” she asked while sulking. Kris pulled his hand away from his mouth and took in a deep few breaths to calm himself down, “You asked if I wanted some,” he said.

 

“Yeah, but not the whole thing…or half of my ice cream,” she argued.

 

“Aw I’m sorry,” Kris grabbed onto Taeyeon’s hand and forced her to sit down again, “here you can have mine as well,” he said, handing her his ice cream. Taeyeon glanced at his ice cream and shook her head, “I don’t want your germs,” she told him while scrunching up her face.

 

“Well I already have yours,” Kris stated. Taeyeon blushed and pushed him away from her slightly, “Go away, I don’t like you.”

 

Kris laughed and placed an arm around Taeyeon’s shoulders, “Quit being mad,” he said, “I’ll treat you to dinner after the movie yeah?” Taeyeon stuck out her bottom lip and stuck out her pink as well, “Promise?”

 

“Promise,” Kris said and intertwined his pinky with Taeyeon’s.

 

---

 

“Kyungsoo,” Kyungsoo’s father called for him just as he was about to leave the house, “where are you going?”

 

“I’m going to my friend’s house,” Kyungsoo answered his father and slipped on his shoes.

 

“You know well that I dislike your friends a lot.”

 

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and spun around to face his father, “I will be back later father,” he bowed his father before grabbing his back pack and left the house. Once outside of the house which Kyungsoo call it cell jail, he took in  a deep breath of the afternoon air and made his way down the stoned walk way towards the gate. Kyungsoo glanced at his watch on his left wrist and then took off running to his right, “Late for work again, damn,” he muttered to himself.

 

---

 

“That movie was awesome,” Taeyeon shouted excitedly, running a few steps away from Kris. She spun back around and waited for him to reach her, “Did you like it Kris?” she asked. Kris gave her a nod of his head, “I loved it,” he answered her, “especially the part where Jack threw the bean into the giant’s mouth and the beanstalk grew from with the giant, oh man that part was just gruesome.”

 

Taeyeon gave Kris an ‘ew’ look of her face, “Come on, I’m hungry and since you offered to buy me dinner, lets go eat.” Kris laughed as Taeyeon took his right hand and pulled him back to the parking lot.

 

“What do you feel like eating?” Kris asked once the both of them were seated and buckled in his car. Taeyeon glanced out through her window and thought hard, “Hm…well I do feel like eating Italian food,” she suggested.

 

“Alright, Italian food it is then,” Kris said and pulled out from the parking space, “I know of a restaurant that makes delicious Italian food, the owner is a very good friend of my father’s,” Kris told Taeyeon while driving down the road.

 

“Perfect, I can’t wait to eat his foods then,” Taeyeon beamed.

 

After driving for another good 3 minutes, Kris pulled into a parking lot and parked his car. Taeyeon glanced out from the window and was amazed at how the restaurant looked like. The building was made of rocks from the top to the bottom. It had windows all around the building with green panels lying against the stoned wall beside the windows. The building had a porch like entrance where there were people outside greeting every customer that walked in.

 

“Come on,” Kris said, snapping Taeyeon out of her trance. She hopped out of the car and followed Kris to the entrance way of the restaurant. As they approached the entrance walk way of the building, Taeyeon saw that instead of stoned ground, it was carpeted instead with a green carpet to match with the window panels. The green carpet lead to the glassed double doors which had two people standing at each side dressed up in a white long sleeved collared shirt with a green buttoned up shirt and a pair of black slacks. Kris and Taeyeon approached the two beings and bowed to them before entering the building. Once inside, they came walking into the waiting room which had people waiting as well. Some were sitting on the black sofas while others were standing around chatting with their friends. Kris left Taeyeon alone to be mesmerize with the waiting area which had a chandelier hanging down from the middle of the ceiling and the room was dimly lit. The room had windows that went from the top of the building all the way to the bottom. The color of the room was a light brown with photos of famous Italian chefs from all over the world. Taeyeon took in all of everything and felt as if she was in paradise.

 

“Hey,” Kris called for her and snapped her out of her trance once again, “are you that mesmerized?” he asked with a chuckle. Taeyeon pouted at Kris and smacked him on the arm, “You know well how I live, I’m not all money like you are.”

 

“I know I know, but come on, the lady just found a table for two,” he grabbed Taeyeon by the hand and the two of them followed the lady over to a two person table, “Your waitor will be shortly with you Mr. Wu,” she said and placed the menu down in front of them. Taeyeon took  a seat in her chair and glanced around her. There were many people sitting around enjoying their meals while talking happily. She glanced away from the people surrounding them and decided to take in the interior of the building instead. Inside the building, their were many arched walk ways. The ceiling was arched into an half round circle as well. There were wall lamps all around the building and the walls were in the color of crème. Further away from Taeyeon, she saw that there was a bar area where people sat to drink one of the most expensive wines in Seoul.

 

“Amazing isn’t it?” Kris asked.

 

Taeyeon turned to glance at Kris and nodded, “It is.”

 

“Oh our waitor is here,” Kris straightened his sitting posture and greeted the waitor as their waitor approached them, “Good evening, my name is Do Kyungsoo and I’ll be your waitor today, is there anything I can start you two off with?” Kyungsoo asked.

 

Taeyeon glanced up and gasped loudly as her student was standing in front of her dressed up as one of the waitors here, “Kyungsoo,” she shouted loudly and stood up from her seat. Kyungsoo glanced at Taeyeon and his eyes widen, “Ta…” Kris glanced at the two, “Um…you two know each other?” he asked.

 

“He’s my student from school,” Taeyeon said, pointing a finger at Kyungsoo. She then turned back around to face him, “Kyungsoo…you know how our school works like why are you…”

 

“Ma’am if you may, please take a seat while I take your orders,” Kyungsoo said, cutting her off. Taeyeon pouted and sat back down, her eyes never leaving him, “Can I start you guys with something to drink?” he asked again.

 

“Water is fine,” Kris told Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo nodded and was about to leave when Taeyeon caught him by the arm, “We have to talk…immediately,” she gritted through her teeth. Kyungsoo sighed, “I can’t Taeyeon shi, I still have work to finish.”

 

“Taeyeon, let go of him,” Kris told her. Taeyeon shook her head and stood up without letting go of Kyungsoo, “As your teacher I must know why you’re working? You know well that it’s against the school’s policy to have their students work.”

 

“Taeyeon let him go,” Kris said again but Taeyeon refused to listen to him.

 

“Answer me Kyungsoo,” Taeyeon demanded.

 

“Please Taeyeon shi, please let me go, if my boss sees this he’ll misunderstand the situation and fire me, I can’t afford getting fired,” Kyungsoo pleaded. Kris gave out an annoying grunt, stood up from his seat and forced Taeyeon to let go of Kyungsoo, “Sorry, go on ahead do your job,” he said while patting Kyungsoo’s shoulder. Kyungsoo bowed to Kris and left the two of them alone, “Will you quit it?” he asked, forcing Taeyeon to sit back into her seat.

 

“But…as his teacher…”

 

“I understand,” Kris sat back down in his seat as well, “but right now, what’s more important is letting him do his job, after his job you can talk to him about it or talk to him once you see him at school tomorrow,” he suggested.

 

Taeyeon bit her bottom lip and turned back around to see Kyungsoo’s figure disappearing behind the counter into the kitchen.

------------------------

The chapter is longer than usual because I'm explaining the environmental surroundings, how was it?