HEY!!

My job isn't to babysit!!!

 

“Congratulations,” a crowd of people said in unison and clinked their cup of drinks all at the same time. She pulled her hand back and chugged down the small shot cup of soju, “Ah~ this is refreshing,” she half shouted and placed the small cup back on the table.

 

“Taeyeon noona,” someone from beside her called for her name. Taeyeon looked to her right and smiled at the boy currently sitting beside her, “What’s up Jongdae?” she asked, picking up a piece of meat with her chopsticks.

 

“Congrats on getting that job, I know how much you wanted that job since your mom used to teach there,” he said. Taeyeon grinned widely at Jongdae and pinched his cheeks, “Thank you Jongdae ah, come on, let’s eat up and drink the night away,” she grabbed her now filled cup of soju and brought it up to him. Jongdae grinned back at Taeyeon, grabbed his now filled cup of soju and clinked it with her cup, “For Kim Taeyeon the almighty who never gives up,” he said. Taeyeon giggled and nodded, “For me,” and the two of them chugged down the drink.

 

---

 

Taeyeon awoke the next morning with a very bad headache due to last night drinking with her friends. She grumbled and rubbed her forehead as it continued to pound like a hammer pounding a nail, “Oh gosh…,” she grunted out, her voice cracking everywhere, “oh gosh my throat,” Taeyeon massaged and to her back and stared up at the ceiling. She smiled at the white ceiling thinking of how she got the job at her mom’s old work place, “I’m sure you’re proud of me right mom?” she murmured. Taeyeon took in a deep breath and shut her eyes…

 

“Mom!!!” a young Taeyeon shouted and ran up to give her a mother a hug on the leg, “Taeyeon missed you,” she said and gave her mother the cutest look on earth. Mrs. Kim chuckled, squatted down and placed her black hand bag on the ground beside her and pulled her daughter in for a hug, “Have you been a good girl today?” she asked. Taeyeon smiled happily and nodded enthusiastically, “Mrs. Song said that I got 100% on my test today,” she explained to her mom, “I want to show you mommy,” Taeyeon grabbed her mother’s hand and dragged her mom towards the day care center’s front door.

 

“Ah…right Taeyeon,” Mrs. Kim quickly grabbed her bag from the ground and followed her over excitedly daughter into the building. Once inside, she greeted the lady at the desk and continued to follow Taeyeon down the hallway to Mrs. Song’s room, “Mommy,” Taeyeon called and stopped in her tracks.

 

“Yes dear?” Mrs. Kim asked, stopping as her daughter too stopped in front of a room. Taeyeon spun around to stare straight her mother’s pair of eyes, “When I grow up, I want to be just like mommy, helping kids to learn,” she said proudly. Mrs. Kim chuckled and ruffled her daughter’s hair, “Yes, mommy would love to see you grow up and help others learned, you make mommy proud Taeyeon ah…”

 

“Taeyeon unnie,” a soft voice called for her. Taeyeon opened her eyes and glanced at the opened bedroom door with a girl standing there, “Oh hey Seohyun,” she greeted Seohyun with a morning smile, “come in.” Seohyun opened the door a bit wider and stepped in, “I just came to wake you up since it’s 7 in the morning and you have an hour to get ready before your work start,” she said, glancing at the watch on her wrist. Taeyeon’s eyes widen and she jumped out of bed, “Oh freak!!!” she sprinted towards her closet and pulled out the outfit she planned to wear for work, “I’M LATE!!!”

 

---

 

Taeyeon walked up to the gate of the most prestigious and highly expensive university in Seoul. She took in a deep breath and smiled as she watched students walked passed her into the school grounds. Taeyeon took a step inside and made her way over to the building while examining the campus grounds, “It’s still like I remember when I was a kid,” she murmured to herself. As she walked pass people, they would bow to her and she would bow back, this continued on until something interesting from a short few distance caught her eyes.

 

Taeyeon titled her head slightly to the side and watched as a girl around the early age of 20 or maybe younger handed a boy an envelope. She grinned widely as she knew exactly what it was, a love letter. She was about to turn on her heels and walk away when the boy took the envelop from the girl, didn’t even care to give a second look and threw it on the ground then walked away as if it never happened. Taeyeon’s jaw hung open at how rudely the boy rejected the girl’s feelings, and especially in front of random people walking by. The girl bent down, picked up the paper and dusted it off from dirt. The boy said something to the girl before walking away. Taeyeon bit her bottom lip and stomped her way over to the two, “HEY!” she shouted.

 

---

 

“Sehun shi…,” the girl reached into the bag from behind her and slowly pulled out a cute white envelope, “he…here,” she stuttered, handing the envelope over to him. Sehun glanced down at the envelope below him and grabbed it from her, “You know well that out of us all, I’m the one who don’t care for these stuff,” he said with a monotone voice and simply flicked the envelope on the ground instead of handing it back to her nicely, “such kid ,” he said before turning on his turning on his heels to walk away as the girl bent down to pick up the envelope from the ground. Just as Sehun was about to take a few steps to get away from the girl, a loud voice boomed out from behind him, “HEY!” and he stopped.