The earth over heaven.

THE STORY OF US: krishun drabbles

Title: The earth over heaven.

Word count: 1954 ( it's still drabble)

Rating: PG

Genre: Romance

Warning: Unbeta'd

Music: Written with the help of "The dog days are over", though lyrics don't relate to this fic. 

 

 

 

“Yifan!” the plead rings in Sehun’s voice  mixed with resignation as the sigh slips through rosen lips.  Let someone please, say him that it did not happen and the funny guy will pop out of the corner shouting it’s a hidden camera. It’s somehow funny that Sehun always feels the same when Yifan does something stupid or inappopriate.  

“Oi, Sehun, relax. I couldn’t help it. It’s my body, how am I supposed to prevent the burping?” Yifan stretches his arms, one hand massaging  sore neck as the yawn creeps on his mouth..

Sehun groans not seeing any small glint of embarassment in his older best friend. Older. Yifan is almost 3 years older and  why Sehun finds himself more mature than the giant fellow?

Rather serious.” Yifan’s sneering state echoes in his mind.

“Gosh. This was my one of the greatest chances to meet 3 beautiful, young girls. Perfect hair, eyes, silhouette. Did you see those legs?? Heaven.”  Sehun stomps his legs and starts to go in circle, as he always does when the frustration takes over sanity. Fingers find the temples, rubbing them cozily.

“The perfect moment. I was leaning nonchalantly on the wall, readying to give the mischevious yet y smirk... AND THEN YOU WENT OUT OF THE STORE AND BURPED.”  Sehun doesn’t have to mention that the girls looked at him and Yifan with the disgust, immediately going on the other side of the pavement, gossiping how gross it was.   Sehun has felt at that moment he lost his life.

What’s best Yifan only shrugged, giving him the promised can of a cherry coke, as he always does after finishing the shift.

“Jesus, hyung.” Sehun stops, turns around to gaze  the still yawning man with irritation.

Yifan rolls his eyes, the well known frown forming.

“Sorry, okay? I’m sorry I’m such an embarrassing friend but you still love me, though.” he takes the plastic bag laying on the ground, which has left the store together with him“ Now let’s go to  Luhan’s place. They’re all waiting for us.”

“Bu...”   

“Hey, do you know that Jongdae has another girlfriend? The funny part is he’s still dating Eunjii.”  Yifan starts babbling, already few steps ahead, the sound of bag’s rustling and bottle’s clung in the air (and not, it is surely not a coke in cans). Sehun sighs shaking his head whispering he gives up.

Like he always does when it comes to Yifan and his weird behavior.

 

(that’s how friendship works, afterall)

*
 

Friendship is a relation when there are no stronger feelings attached. A relation between two people, having the same taste, hobby, where honesty it the most important. Of course, there’s also a sympathy, some kind of bond, care. Nonethelles, there’s a border, a thin blue line dividing the area of affection and simple liking.  

It seems Yifan’s crossed it.


*

 

It’s happening when there’s half past four in the morning and Luhan’s apartment is left in the sea of empty bottles of beer and vodka, when Sehun drags completely sloshed Yifan home. The streets are empty, the lights brought down. Everything is covered in the weird color of blue turning into whites, the color of waking up day when the sun is still hiding under the horizon.

Sehun doesn’t say anything, because he’s so used to it; Luhan’s party where they all gather to watch the match, one group fanboying over Machester United, other screaming Liverpool is better. There’s beer, snacks and twelve guys trying to fit on the small couch.  It’s cool even if It always ends up with them completely swayed, the sober ones managing to get home.  Sehun brackets to the other one, somehow always dragging Yifan with himself,  safely delivering him home.

“Here we are Mr.Lighthead.” he hums, letting go of Yifan when they safely reach the destination; Yifan’s green apartment door on the 3rd floor.

Yifan doesn’t say anything. He’s quiet and it amuses Sehun— Yifan’s usual drunk self is a giggling, with rosened cheeks teenager he no longer is.  Today he obediently takes out the key and unlocks the door, though he’s not making any step further to pass the doorstep.

“ Go on. You know the way.” Sehun encourages, pushing Yifan’s arm. When it happens,the taller clasps Sehun’s hand and pulls him closer. One glance in the eyes— Sehun’s lips taste Yifan’s.

It’s quick, lasts maybe few seconds. Sehun doesn’t manage to react and Yifan already moves away, hand brushing Sehun’s rosened cheek.  

“Goodnight.”  gives a tender pinch to Sehun’s nose and closes the door.

Sehun stays like that, mouth to the ground, eyes blinking.


*

 

“Yifan kissed me.”  Sehun finally blurts out after hours of analyzing, processing. If Sehun was a machine, he would probably exude clouds of smoke showing how hardly  his brain works, affected.

“And...?” Kyungsoo asks above his history textbook not even taking a glance at him.  Luhan is more interested in his hamburger than annoucement and Chanyeol’s  texting one of those chicks he has had a huge crush on.  

Well. He expected a better impression. Maybe a gasp, or...

“Aren’t you shocked? Startled?” Sehun completely doesn’t get it.  He’s opening his heart to them, sharing the biggest confusion of his 20 years old life and they give a about it.

“Not really.” Junmyeon shrugs.   

Sehun opens his mouth to say something,but ends up with shutting it, lips pressing in a thin line.

That’s called a friends’ support,huh?


*

 

Sehun’s aim since high school was to find a beautiful girlfriend with long hair, rosen cheeks, plump lips and eyes big, big like moons. A dollish type who’d be there to show her to the word, but not really - she has to like soccer just like him and the pepperoni pizza without olives. A perfect combination of beauty and vitality.  

After years of looking, Sehun’s expectations lowered. Now it doesn’t matter if she is a lolita or a tomboy. He just wants to go on  dates, have fun with girls, to explore, gain some experience.  It annoys him as hell when there aren’t any chances to have one or they are interested in someone else. Freaking Yifan.

Yifan has never been like that,never shown any interest.  It doesn’t bother him. On group dates they’re having regularly, he’s ignorant, doesn’t say much,with a btichface mask put on. Still—they run to him eagerly, clinging to arm, pouting, proposing another meeting.  He’s such a douchebag, Sehun thinks jealousy floating in veins.


*

Sehun is surprised when Baekhyun runs to library and proposes him a date with Baek Sujii. That Suzy, Sehun has secretely admired since the first day in a university. The girl who is the closest to reach the label of the perfect match, his mrs.right. Sehun has never really aimed, never really tried to hit on her, or talk,  being aware he’s out of her league. Suzy was his hidden desire. (or not so hidden, when they all mock him in every occasion they see her).

Now he’s going on a date.

Sehun runs to Yifan forgetting, that for those  days has been avoiding the latter like a fire, not knowing how to behave. He shouldn’t probably take it to himself, Yifan was drunk. Even that, there was some weird wave of emotion hitting him every time he sees Yifan on campus. 

“Congratulations!” Sehun hears, but knows Yifan doesn’t mean it. There isn’t the well known glint of excitement in his voice. It’s blank, hoarse.

It then hits Sehun, remembers he was settled on a monster truck show with Yifan, the one they had booked the tickets few months back.

“Oh God. Kris! I’m sorry. It’s the day of the…”

“I know. Baek’s managed to tell everyone he’s the greatest cupid.” He checks his phone, not looking at him “ But don’t worry, my boss called I have a shift for Myungsoo. He’s got a flu.” he smiles reassuringly, finally looking at him.

Sehun isn’t convinced., but lets it pass.

*

“Yah! I want the ticket, too! Why Kris only booked two tickets?” Tao pouts silently, not pleased at all, seeing Luhan’s and Chanyeol’s  triumphal grins as they wave the paper on the air annoucing everyone they’re going on a Monster Truck Show, the one where to get a ticket was a miracle.

“And why it’s you,who have it?” Yixing raises his brow, biting the tip of a pencil.

“Because we helped him to settle the date of Suzy and Sehun.” Chanyeol caresses the square bill with a tender.

“What? I heard it’s Baekhyun…” Kyungsoo finally darts his eyes off the book.

“Baekhyun? Please.” Luhan scoffs. “He can only open his mouth to the only one woman. His mother.”

“Hey!”   Baekhyun shouts offended, breaking the conversation with Jongin held by the other table.

They talk to carelessly about it, not seeming to know, that the canteen has actually ears.

*

The date was perfect, Sehun sums up. Suzy looks beautiful with glistening eyes, the talk is interesting. Sehun is charming and funny, Suzy is laughing at his jokes. She used to play soccer when she was younger and is the biggest fan of Arsenal, he finds out later.

They eat at the Italian restaurant, order a pepperoni pizza—her favorite. (Sehun notices she takes out the olives with her fork and puts them aside the plate)

She’s perfect.

They kiss for a goodbye, her lips are sweet like strawberries, perfectly shaped.  It’s heaven, something he has been dreaming of since the teenage days.

But when Sehun opens his eyes, and waves her for a goodbye, he realizes they’re not a bit chapped ones (but soft) and she doesn’t scent like a morning in the woods,that makes his heart flutter (but vanilla).

 

*

It’s almost midnight when Sehun reaches the backs of conveniece store, well acknowledged by him. It’s dark, yet he manages to see the tall silhouette sitting on the steps with the can of cherry coke in hand.  Sehun swallows loudly, feeling how his heart hits the ribcage at this simple sight of Yifan in his polo T-shirt with the logo of the store and black slacks.  He doesn’t say anything, he doesn’t want to. Just sits beside Yifan, loosening his tie.

“You won’t ask how’s the date?”

“Nope.” Yifan hums, closed eyes up to the sky.

“Why not? You were the reason it has actually happened.” Sehun laughs when Yifan openes eyes and fixes eyes on him, with small huh running lips.

“Telling Jongdae was not a good idea.” Yifan shakes his head with a chuckle.

“Telling the whole ten was not a good idea.” Sehun patts Yifan’s knee with a smile plastered on face. “So you really aren’t going to ask about my date?” he  puffs his cheeks “really?really?really??” small pout forming.  Sehun leans closer daring to do aegyo as Yifan tries to avert his eyes, moving aside, laughing.

“Okay, okay.” He finally gives up and takes a deep breath “How’s the date?” his face isn’t smiling, but Sehun knows it’s also not frowning. It’s calm and the peacefulness also rings in his voice.

“It was a heaven. Suzy is perfect— she hates olives in pepperoni pizza, loves soccer, laughs at my lame jokes.” Sehun looks with one eye at Yifan’s stoic face. “But I realized I don’t need heaven, when the earth makes me happy.” Sehun’s frozen fingers find Yifan’s warm as they interlock in a grasp.  Yifan looks at him as Sehun leans closer, the tips of noses touching.  Sehun sees clearly now the flickers of Yifan’s happiness, so intimidating and beautiful.

“I think I don’t need to say where’s the earth??” Sehun asks playfully before their lips lock in a kiss. 

 

(Yifan’s lips are still chapped but it’s okay— Sehun loves it) 

 

--------

Anyo! Sorry for the absence! Sorry for the ppl who're waiting for CMIOS, I promise the update will be soon~

Enjoy! :)