(I know it's kind of late but) Happy Birthday to You.

THE STORY OF US: krishun drabbles

 

wc:804;pg;fluff;unbeta'd!!

music: The Click Five- Happy Birthday

 

I know it’s kind of late, but Happy Birthday to you.  

 

This special day, when he may behave as the prince of the world, no one judging him about his sassy attitude was awesome, Kris sums up. Full of surprises,starting with sweet messages of his sunbaes on msn, tons of presents he doesn’t bother to think where the hell he’s going to stuff them, finishing with blowing candles rooted in the hand-made cake by Yixing and Kyungsoo on the little party they had organized in M’s dorm.  The icing on the dessert was similar to his drawings Picasso  would be jealous of, if he were still alive, though Kris silently commented they are nothing in compare with original ones that had come under his hands.

However there’s this hollow in his heart and he has no idea why the feeling of disappointment buzzes under his skin. He’s happy, has never been more, still this sense of discontent nags his psyche, bullying thoughts present, not tending to leave his head.

Only twenty minutes left of the day Wu Yifan was born.When the hands of the clock hit the twelfth hour, this day will turn into past, with passing days will slowly set in the backs of his mind behind the label of bittersweet memories.

The room he sits in is covered under the shades of darkness, the only source of the light is window, that lets the moon to creep with one eye. He somehow feels it is stalking him, senses this round ball knows the reason he’s pleased but not really at the same time.

Happy chattering of his band members reaches his ears through the silence of the space he’s hiding in. Kris likes this glint of excitement chiming in Luhan’s laugh, or Baekhyun’s voice as he shares one of his stupid jokes he cannot not laugh at.  It assures him that if he had another chance, he would never changed his mind and still go to this audition that had turned his life upside down. Positively.

The doors are being slightly opened and for a small moment the echoes of happenings of the living room are louder, to be muffled by the gentle shut of the hardwood. Kris still gazes the sky of Seoul daubed with starry blotches, wrapping himself in wooly cardigan.

“Why are you alone?” the voice asks quietly and he lingers with giving an answer, humming some melody suddenly invading his thoughts.

“The sky is so pretty tonight.”

“You didn’t…”

“Is this so relevant why am I hiding alone in my own room?”  bitter laugh escapes his throat  as he turns around and sees Sehun’s frame with back leaning on white doors. He looks just like always-- white tee, blue skinnies, a beanie thrown on uncombed hair. Eyes avoiding Kris’ stern yet gentle stare.

“No.”

“So why…”

“Hyung I’m so sorry.”  Sehun cuts in, glassy gaze finally found the courage to look him straightly in the eyes. Sincerity screams through his chocolate orbs and Kris forgets the reason why he was so angry at the young boy standing in front of him.

Their yesterday’s argument was so stupid, ignited with such a trivial thing led to the mess where people shout out the things they don’t actually mean still hurt so much.  Really—Kris no longer remembers  about what was such a big fuss and maybe it’s for the better because he doesn’t need to recall Sehun’s expression as he shouted at him, slapping his hands off.

He opens his arms without saying a word and the teenager sinks in, wrapping his hands around Kris’ waist, face hiding in the crook of his neck. He closes his eyes, breathing Sehun’s scent. He’s already calm, he’s not furious anymore, the feeling of anger faltered away five minutes after the fight had ended.

“I know. I’m also sorry.”

“You don’t have to apologize, it’s my fault.”

He leans in and kisses younger’s temple,  fingers his head. When he feels Sehun’s hot breath as he mutters against his skin, the well-known warmth fondles him in, from head to toes filling with this feeling of affection he holds towards the maknae of the group.

“Happy Birthday, hyung.”

When Sehun says these two words, he jerks his head up to look him in the eyes. Kris smiles delicately, and Sehun blinks the tears gathering in the corners of his eyes.

“I know it’s kind of late, but I didn’t know how to approach you and I don’t have a prese..”

“Shush.” Kris interrupts him and Sehun quiets down, as Kris gifts his forehead, nose and strawberry lips with a kiss.

 

The hole in his heart disappeared with the negative sensations and now he can admit he’s  fully elated. Though the whole birthday lacked something, Sehun’s presence at the end filled it all up. 

 


Just a quick drabble to celebrate our amazing EXO's leader birthday. Happy Birthday my hubby!  Sorry for this poop, hope you'll forgive me  cause I post it without even reading it for the second time eh (:   It's still 6 Nov. where I live so I hope it still counts as a birthday present?:3  

Love!