Canadian flavor.

THE STORY OF US: krishun drabbles

 

FLY.

kris/sehun; pg13; wc:~1400; music: TR13 ft.Adeline- Fly 


 

„Can you enlighten me why are we wandering on Berlin streets AT three in the morning?”

This is weird. He  exactly got a text message fifteen minutes ago from Kris, asking him to show up at the lobby. Much to his luck, Sehun was awake, as always having to deal with jetlag syndrome. The other’s been dealing with it quite good, or just long photoshoot around the city got them so tired their bodies didn’t mind and surrendered to power of sleep.

It led him to that moment, where he’s shivering out of cold, clad in one of coordi’s jackets she’d lent him out of pity, because noo, in Berlin there’ll be the same weather as in Seoul, there’s no need to take warmer clothes!, How stupid he was, but the rambling around new schedules got him that irresponsible.

“Just wanted to hang out.” Sehun’s too worn out to scold his hyung with remark, so let it slide as he follows Kris’ moving forward silhouette.

 

“I so wanted to see the view from it.” Kris sighs, not covering his disappointment. Sehun sighs too, but out of stupidity of Kris that creeps out behind the cool attitude he wears almost all his time when they’re surrounded by fans and their scary cameras.

It’s completely not surprising Berlin TV Tower would be closed at this late hour. Sehun has been learned Berlin’s or any other cities  of Europe attractions have shorter open-hours than Seoul. At least that much he’s carried out from cultural lessons.  However he could’ve known more if sleep hadn’t been such an alluring activity he easily gave up to.

“That , okay. But maybe we should go back to the hotel?” he suggests not-so-delicately. Somehow unmade bed left in his and Luhan’s room became a quite attractive option. At least a better one than standing in a freezing air on the grounds of completely unknown country.

  Seriously, he’s freezing, his fingers are numb already. Sehun is frightened to think what’s going to happen if they stay a little bit more in that cold night. He doesn’t want to have a red nose. Red noses are a no-no to him. He hates looking like a Rudolph- a red-nose reindeer because  that’s how he looks when his nose is all  runny.

“Okay,” Kris agrees, almost whispering his perfectly accented English. However Sehun catches the flash of hurt, disappointment on Kris’ face that soon is covered behind his cool attitude.

Sehun’s heart sinks a little bit at this sight and heaves another sigh. Makes few steps, grabbing Kris’ wrist to prevent him from walking back to the hotel.

“So what’s your another option?”

“How do you know I have ano…”

“Because you’re Kris Wu and I’m an omniscient Oh Sehun,” he says softly, hiding his nose in the collar of jacket zipped up to his neck.

 

 

“You dragged me all the way here to give me  a maple syrup.”

“Well consider it as a romantic act.”

Unbelievable.” Sehun lets out a laugh that came rather as a choke.

His mind is blank, doesn’t know if he should cry, laugh or be mad. These all feelings have probably mixed and now bubble his mind, getting him to that state of distraction Wu Yifan  somehow always manages to get him into.

 

They’re standing on the Oberbaum Bridge, city lights glimmer in curtains of night slowly falling into dawn. It’s calm with few cars slowly passing by, trains rolling on the upper deck. They stand in a complete silence, Kris leaning on the railing as Sehun squeezes the bottle of syrup he got a few minutes ago.

“But..I don’t get it, Wu Yifan.”   He’s dumbfounded. Sehun really tries to understand this man, standing beside him but really can’t.

“Before my leave to Canada when Kyungsoo made pancakes for breakfast you mentioned you would like to taste a real, Canadian maple syrup. You were so sure the ones that got imported aren’t good enough and its flavor probably differs a lot while in my opinion they taste the same. So I bought it for you but didn’t know how to give it.”

“You could when you handed the other’s their gifts…” Sehun points out. He remembers how the feeling of sadness squeezed his insides realizing Kris hadn’t got anything for him. It hurt, tears prickled his eyes but managed to blink them off with a laugh at Chanyeol’s funny snapback.

“Ugh. I didn’t want to treat you as anyone else. I wanted it to be special, somehow,” he shakes his head, softly glancing at Sehun before  straightening, making step to come closer .” I ended up buying it. Back then I thought it's a good idea. Only on the board I realized it's ridiculous and it'd better if I didn’t give you anything instead of this bottle. However Ii wanted to give it to you, only hadn’t got a good chance. So I was smuggling it deep in my luggage hoping at least I would give it to you in a special place. Berlin TV Tower was the one..." Kris chuckles bitterly,

“Yeah I know giving a maple syrup isn’t the best way to expose feelings…but I at being romantic and sometimes fail at thinking.”

“I managed to notice, stupid,” Sehun snorts with a delicate smile curling his lips. He no longer freezes out of cold. The sensation  of warmth bursts in his panging heart and spreads down, down to his toes. Butterflies in his stomach flutter their wings and it tickles a bit. Yet Sehun doesn’t mind at all.

It’s sweet how Duizhang thought about him and his weird caprice, remembered even if he didn’t have to. So sweet Sehun forgets about his previous behavior and hugs startled Kris, feeling how his cheeks are already painted in deep scarlet.

“Thank you,” he mumbles to the crook of Kris’ neck, burying nose in the warm red scarf the older is draped in. Kris pulls him even closer, letting out a soft laugh.

 

 

“It’s okay,” he says later, wrapping Sehun in his own scarf that no longer rests on his neck. Patting softly the knot he’s made, with no distance between their bodies Sehun holds in his breath. Faint lights of single vehicles passing them by illumine Kris’ flawless face. He’s completely absorbed with his little work he doesn’t sense that burning of Sehun’s staring.

Kris as for the call raises his sight to look him in the eyes and there it is, this gentleness. Followed with that delicate curl of his lips. Sehun’s heart now thumps, pangs against his ribcage. He’s sure  his pokerface doesn’t express how wavered he is now.

Maybe it’s all painted in his own eyes -- Sehun doesn’t really know but Kris is gazing him so intensively with this gentle, cocoa orbs Sehun thinks that maybe he knows what’s happening. And maybe because his eyes tell more than his facial expressions do, Kris’ face moves closer to plant a small, feathery kiss on the corner of his lips. Sehun blinks, startled even if he wanted it to come  and pouts, nose nuzzling  the red material.

“Now we’re so shy. Where’s your bad temper, hm?” Kris lets out a laugh mixed with a playful snort, rubbing nose against Sehun’s right cheek to leave another kiss with a huge grin.

“Got lost because of your stupid affections but now it’s back,”,suddenly annoyed with his cockiness he pushes him away and starts walking, sliding hands into pockets of the jacket.

Kris still laughing runs up to him, locking their arms together and sliding his hand into Sehun’s pocket to interlock their frozen fingers.

“Don’t be mad, Sehun-ah,” Kris whispers to his ear, his hot breath wakes up chills on his skin and he flinches, making step aside.  Not letting of the grasp, though.

“Just shut up and let’s go back to the hotel, idiot.”

“Your wish is my command.”  

 

 

In the morning, when they’re all gathered in one room to eat breakfast Sehun acts as if twelve pair of eyes  isn’t looking at him questioningly while he takes out a maple syrup out of his bag and unscrews the bottle.

 

He gives a damn, in a minute he’ll taste pancakes poured with real, Canadian maple syrup.

 

(Kris was right. There is no difference in the flavor. .)


A/N: Ahh It's been so long! So sorry for the absence!   This drabble was started back in September when our boys had a trip to Berlin. I didn't know how to finish it, but finally today I gathered myself and here it is :) Hope you'll like it! Sorry for any mistakes, as always.  Lov ya!