7.

Hard To Breathe

 

Jessica’s POV.

 

I wonder what are you doing right now...? 

Are you really coming to see me tomorrow?

I’m gonna sing for you...

 

I look to the your window from the outside of your house... Seems like you are not home yet.

I checked my phone and it’s been almost 2 hours after school finished.

Where are you...? Maybe you are with Victoria... I just smile bitterly and continue walking.

 

“Hey Taengoo I just got home. ^^” I texted her as soon as I came into my room.

“Got it!! ^^” she texted me back after I settled down my stuff.

Hmm one hour till dinner time... I’ll take a one hour nap then.

 

Yuri’s POV.

 

Finally got all the things I need! 

And I felt my phone vibrated when I walked out of the store.

Taeng texted me.

“Hey buddy, Sica just texted me and said that she got home already. I asked her to let me know cause I know you’ll be busy getting all the stuff you need ^^ Did you already get them all?” 

“Thanks, and yep I got all the stuff I need. I’m going home right now.” and sent.

“Good, be careful on the way okay the sky’s getting dark.”

“I will, don’t worry :))” this girl. I smile at Taeng’s protectiveness.

 

Jessica’s POV.

 

“Umma...?” I called her after finishing my dinner.

“Hmm?”

“I...uhh, did Yuri... umm” I dunno how to start.

“Nope she didn’t come tonight.” Umma answered before I finished my question. Does she read mind??

“Oh....” now I’m worried... Are you home yet?

“Worried huh?” Umma suddenly said. She does read mind.

“Why don’t you just go to hers and check?” 

“I... I was just asking... I’m gonna go take a shower, bye.” I said and head back to my room.

 

“Hey Taengoo, I’m just wondering whether you know Yuri got home or not?” should I send it to her... Ughhh just send it already.

I left my phone on my bed after sending the message, and walk to the bathroom.

 

Yuri’s POV.

 

“Buddy you home???” I opened Taeng’s message.

“Yep I just got home, am going to take a shower and start making the light signs.”

Buzz buzz. “Okie good luck on those!”

 

Jessica’s POV.

 

I walked out of the bathroom checked my phone after taking a shower.

Taengoo already texted me back. “Don’t worry Sica, she said she’s home already :))”

I feel relief after reading it.

“Thank you Taengoo ^^”

 

Yuri’s POV.

 

“What should I do I won’t be able to finish all of them tonight!!!!” 

I look at the clock and it’s 12 am already!!! I’m screwed...

“I’ll just skip school tomorrow then.”

I should go to bed now, gotta wake up early and finish the rest.

Good night my princess, I will make you mine.

 

 

(On Next day/Wednesday)

 

Jessica’s POV.

 

I look at my reflection in the mirror.

“I like this dress.” I said and smile. And my necklace caught my eye.

How am I going to do if I saw you...

(Author's note: here a link for Sica's dress→ http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6hpbaqSjz1qitdj1o5_1280.jpg so cute and pretty <3)

 

Yuri’s POV.

 

“Finally!!!! Done!!!!” I took a look at my phone.

“3 hours before Sica’s performance. Better get ready.”

After putting the signs into a big plastic bag, I walked into my bathroom for a shower.

 

I browse my wardrobe while thinking what to wear.

“This?? Nahh...umm how about this? And this?”

“Omg you look so cute!” I said to myself in the mirror.

Then I put on some make up and wear my perfume. I take a look at myself in the mirror again. Something’s missing...

“Oh my necklace!!” I wear my necklace and some other accessories to go with my outfit.

(Author's note: same, link for Yul's outfit, i decided i want a cute Yul→ http://i1.wp.com/24-7KPOP.COM/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Yuri-For-High-Cut-Vol-97.jpg?resize=971%2C1439)

“Okay better.” after the last look in the mirror I chose a cute shoulder bag and put the gift in.

I pulled out my phone. And started typing “Hey buddy are you there? I’m leaving right now.”

I sent out the message before carrying the big plastic bag and leaving for the performance.

“Yes, we’re here already. Sica said she’s almost here. Her Umma’s driving her here. We’ll meet you in front of the building.” I put my phone back to my bag and continue walking.

 

(Author’s note: well the place is just 20 mins walk from Yuri’s home, it’s like a small live house :D)

 

Jessica’s POV.

 

As soon as I walked into the backstage, Tiff saw me. 

“Omg Jessi you look so pretty in that dress!!!” Tiff said.

“Thanks Tiff.” I said and gave her a smile.

“TaeTae Jessi’s here!!!” Tiff yelled at Taengoo who’s busy setting the facilities.

“Wow that’s a cute dress Sica and you’re looking great too!” Taengoo said and stares at me.

“Uhhh thanks...” I said awkwardly and Tiff notices Taengoo’s staring.

“Yahh byuntae, stop checking Jessi out!!” Tiff said and smacked Taengoo’s arm.

“Sorry Pany, I was just...”

“Whatever...” Tiff said.

Hello hello moshi moshi. Taengoo put her phone back after checking it and she looks like she’s thinking about something. 

“...Oh Pany I forgot something in our car, come with me??” Taengoo said and gave Tiff a wink. What with the wink? 

(Author’s note: Yes Taeng can drive, let’s say she already got her driver license since she’s the oldest lol)

“....yeah okay of course I’ll come!” Tiff said hesitantly. What’s wrong with this couple. I just stare at them weirdly.

“Sica do you mind...”

“Go ahead I’ll see you two later. Bye!” I said.

“Thanks, see you. Don’t go too far okay?” Tiff said loudly while they walk away.

“It’s not like I’m a 10 years old kid...” I mumbled.

I’m just walking around since I don’t know what to do. Then found out there’s a side door so I walk out for some fresh air, and to relax. I’m pretty nervous to be honest...

I hold on to the handrail and inhale the fresh air.

(Author’s note again: it’s like an small outside stairwell so it has the handrail.)

“Jung Sooyeon don’t be so nervous just relax.” I mumbled. When did I start talking to myself...

“Why am I acting like that Kwon... Sigh.” I look up to the sky, the sun is going down. Such a beautiful orange sky...

 

Yuri’s POV.

 

“Yo Taeny!!!” I yelled as I see them waiting in front of the building.

“Yo Kwon/Yurwee!!!” they yelled back.

“Yurwee you look cute today!” Fany said with her eye smile.

“haha thanks Fany. Anyways, here’s the signs. You guys just have to hang them on the trees above the bench okay? And turn off the street light when you two turn on these signs...”

“But where’s the power button of the street light??” Fany asked.

“It’s just on the bottom of the street light, you guys can just hide behind the trees and...”

“Okay got it. Anything else?” Taeng said.

“Hmm oh can you guys get a flower bouquet and place it on the bench secretly when the light’s still off??” I asked.

“Okay we’ll get one on our way there. I think we can get to the park in 10 mins since I drive today, but we need about 20 mins to get those things done so walk slower.” Taeng said.

“Okay I will, thank you I owe you a big one. Love you guys so much.” I said and pull both of them in a big hug.

“Of course you owe us a big one!” Taeng said.

“Let’s have a double date tonight, after I make Sica mine. I’ll treat you two at a nice restaurant.” I said.

“Yayyy can’t wait.” Fany said while clapping happily.

“Thanks again”

“No problem. We gotta go. And you, go find a good spot inside.” Taeng said.

“Okay good luck guys” I said and smile. 

“You too, good luck!” Taeng said and walk back to the backstage with Fany.

“You can do it!!!” I mumbled.

 

Jessica’s POV.

 

“Hello?”

“Hey Sica where you at? Come back here we only have 10 mins left!!!!” Taeng said nervously in the phone.

“Chill, I’ll be there in 3 mins.”

“Okay hurry!!”

“Bye”

 

“Omg Jessi I thought you ran away where were you???”

“I was just at the side door...” I said.

“We have to go on stage now and get ready, don’t be too nervous okay?” Taeng showed up from nowhere and said.

“Okay I’ll do my best.” and we walk to our spot on the stage, waiting for the host to start the performance.

 

Yuri’s POV.

 

“Hmm I think this spot is good...” I mumbled.

I don’t really want you to see me so I chose a spot which I think would be hard to be seen from the stage but I can see the stage clearly. Great I can’t wait for the performance to start.

I can feel my heart is beating crazily... Why am I so nervous... I feel like I’m going crazy ughhh just start it already!!!

 

“Hello everyone!!!!!” I heard the host yelled trough the microphone. Finally!!!

“Welcome to our show tonight, I bet all of you can’t wait to see the performances right?” he asked.

“YES!!!” the people around me yelled back. Yeah yeah I don’t really care, I want my Sica!!!

“Okay cool, now let’s get our performers out. Let me introduce our first performer from soshi high school!!! The vocalist is their new member Jessica Jung with Kim Taeyeon plays drums and Tiffany Hwang plays the piano!!!” and then the curtains opens slowly. 

And that's when I forgot how to breathe. There, standing in the middle of the stage. You are so beautiful, like a princess walked out from a fairy tale in that cute and elegant dress. My heart is going crazy. I can even hear my heartbeat even though the people around me are cheering and screaming loudly.

I can sense the you are kind of nervous cause you are biting your lips.

Don’t be nervous princess, you can do this.

“Okay calm down guys, I know she’s really pretty. I bet she’s gonna be prettier when she sings right? So let me ask this beautiful girl some question okay? ” I just rolled my eyes.

“So gorgeous are you dating someone?” wtf I really want to run up to the stage and punch he in the face. What the hell is he hitting on my girl?? MY GIRL!!!

You didn’t answer him just gave him your cold stare. 

“Oh is that a no??” he said in a flirty tone. I swear, if he say something like that again. I’m gonna punch him till he beg.

I saw Fany rolled her eyes and look toward Taeng.

“COUGH!” Taeng fake a loud cough and glare at that jerk. Nice one Taeng. That jerk should thank Taeng cause she just save his life.

“Umm okay enough joking.” haha scared huh? Idiot.

“So Jessica-ssi, why did you decide to choose this song? Hard to breathe by Nikki Flores.” I still want to punch him.

 

Jessica’s POV.

 

This idiot, thank you Taeng.

“So Jessica-ssi, why did you decide to choose this song? Hard to breathe by Nikki Flores.” he asked.

“Oh uhhh... I chose this song it’s because. I want my best friend, who I fell for, to hear me out.” I answered. Kwon Yuri, I’m singing this song for you, letting you know, for me, how important you are.

“So your best friend is here tonight?” he asked.

“I heard that she’ll come but I don’t really know if she’s here right now...” I said. I scan the whole place but I don’t see you... Maybe it’s just I can’t see you. I hope you really are here...

“So I think she’s here then. Okay now let me hear your scream for soshi high!!!!”

Kwon Yuri, please. Listen to my heart, this is my confession. 

 

(link for this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn3PZmOI-sE)

Feel the adrenaline, my hearts beating

I need a doctor 'cuz I'm getting sick of love

I'm running short of breath with every step

In need of oxygen to run away from this

I face the demons that took me to hell and back

I'm getting heart attacks

Took me a heart attack

I'm counting on you 'cuz I need you here to save me

If my heart heals

 

How am I suppose to breathe?

When all my heart does is bleed?

You're too stupid to see

You're making it hard for me (So hard to breathe)

How am I suppose to breathe,

When you're too stupid to see

What you're doing to me?

You're making it hard to breathe(So hard to breathe)

You're making it hard to breathe 

It isn't that hard to see

 

Yuri’s POV.

 

Jung Sooyeon... I’m here, looking at you. I’m here, listening to your heart.

Your angelic voice, still as perfect as the last time I heard. 

But this time, you’re singing this song with your heart.

You sound so broken-hearted, I’m so sorry...

 

My chest is caving in

Someone help me

I need some life support

Can't take this anymore

Loving with caution

'Cuz my heart's so weak

I've been a victim of love

And you're the criminal

I counted on you but you

Refused to save me

If my heart heals

 

How am I suppose to breathe

When all my heart does is bleed?

You're too stupid to see

You're making it hard for me (So hard to breathe)

How am I suppose to breathe

When you're too stupid to see

What you're doing to me?

You're making it hard to breathe (So hard to breathe)

You're making it hard to breathe

It isn't that hard to see

 

Love is blind but I can't see

A place for you and me

I can't go on without you

Baby

 

How am I suppose to breathe

When all my heart does is bleed?

You're too stupid to see

You're making it hard for me (So hard for me)

How am I suppose to breathe

When you're too stupid to see

What you're doing to me?

You're making it hard to breathe

 

How am I suppose to breathe

When all my heart does is bleed?

You're too stupid to see

You're making it hard for me

So hard to breathe...

 

Jessica’s POV.

 

I hope you heard me...

I took a deep breath to endure my feelings.

“Kyaaaaaa!!!” I can hear those people’s screaming nonstop.

“Wow seems like everyone fell in love with Jessica-ssi’s beautiful voice!!!” the host said.

“Again people, let’s give soshi high some scream!!”

“Kyaaaaaa~~~”

I bowed and gave them a smile before go back to the backstage.

 

“Jessi that was the best!!!!” Tiff said as soon as we got back in the backstage.

“Thanks Tiff, and you too Taengoo, thanks. you two are the best.” I said and gave each of them a hug.

“That was really great consider this is your first time.” Taengoo said.

“Jessi we still got things to do later so we’ll be leaving first, is your Umma coming and take you home later?” Tiff asked.

“I haven’t call Umma yet, maybe later. I want to get some fresh air outside...” I said. I just need some time alone...

“At the side door?” Taengoo asked.

“Yes, Umma, at the side door.” I answered respectfully.

Tiff giggles and Taengoo just pouts. Hahaha her face.

“Don’t worry, I’ll call Umma to pick me up when I’m leaving.” I said.

“Okay, take care. Bye jessi!” Tiff said and waved.

“Bye Sica, that was a great performance!!” Taengoo said and gave me a thumb up.

“Bye!!!!” I said before heading toward the side door.

 

__________

 

Next /click/