3.

Hard To Breathe

 

No one's POV.

 

It's weekend already so Yuri and Jessica are hanging out together, like always.

 

Jessica's POV.

 

“Yulllllll, it's so hot today. I feel like I'm melting under the sunnnn” I whined as we are just sitting on the bench in your backyard.

“Today is like the first time you are not exaggerating. It is really hot.” you said innocently and looked up to the bright sky. There's no clouds in the sky today. 

“Yah what do you mean it's the first time I'm not exaggerating?!!!” I exclaimed and smacked your arm.

“Ouch easy Sica you almost broke my arm” you pout while rubbing at the spot I hit on. 

I just rolled my eye and said “You are the one who's exaggerating, I didn't even hit you that hard!!” Then I just looked away pretending I'm mad.

“Aww princess don't be mad, how about we go out and grab some ice cream???” you said while shaking my left arm hoping me could forgive you.

“Only if it's your treat.” I said as I turned back to you with a sweet smile.

“No problem princess, it's on me” you ginned.

“Com’on let’s go get some ice cream~~” you stood up and grabbed my hand. I want to hold hand with you forever Kwon Yuri.

 

We put on our sunglasses when we walked out.

“Sica you really look like a super star when you have your sunglasses on.” you looked at me and said while walking.

“Haha right” I laughed.

“It’s true, especially when you have no expression on your face.”

“Why?” I asked.

“Cause you have a cold aura around you when you’re not smiling. Ice princess.” you teased.

“I wonder who gave me that nickname, it makes people think I’m really cold toward others, but I’m just shy around people I’m not close to...” I pout.

“I know, you are a warm ice.” you said and gave ne your charming smile.

“Thanks, Yul. You look handsome with your sunglasses too” I blushed a bit. Fortunately the sunshine is too bright so you didn’t notice it.

“Of course, I’m the handsome and y Kwon Yuri hahahaha” you said while I just rolled my eyes.

“I know you just rolled your eyes at me even if your sunglasses covered your eyes. I know you too well.”

“Whatever.” I said.

We continue walking.

 

“Hey princess, do you know why do I call you princess?” you broke the silence. 

“Umm not really.. Why? I remember you started calling me that on the second day we met.” I smiled at the memories when we were still two little girls.

“Cause that day you were wearing a light pink dress which reached your knees and you looked really cute just like a princess. So I decided to call you princess.” you ginned and looked at me.

“You still look like a princess after 10 years, but a lot more prettier for sure.” you added.

I looked down at the ground and blushed madly.

“Thanks, Yul...” I almost whispered. You heard that still.

“You never changed, you’re still shy when people compliment you.” you smiled again.

“Couldn’t believe it’s been 10 years since we first met...” you said again.

“I know right, 10 years...” I wonder when did I start falling in love with you? Probably when we first met...

“I’m sure that we’ll be best friends forever” you said while smiling.

“ Yeah, sure...” I smiled but frowned at the word “best friend”. My heart aches again, then I remember Victoria, your girlfriend. I can feel my tears are forming so I tried my best to brush off that thought. Accidentally squeezed your hand a bit.

And you felt that.

“Sica, you okay??” you turned to me.

“Yeah, of course.” thanks to my sunglasses or you would’ve seen..

“Yul, we’re here!!! Let’s goooooo!!!” I rushed toward the door while pulling you with me. Secretly thanks god that we’re here or you would’ve asked more..

“Yah princess, stop screaming like a kid. You’re embarrassing us!!!” you yelled at me but I just ignored you.

 

No one’s POV.

 

They found a two seats table to sit while enjoy their ice cream.

 

Jessica’s POV.

 

“God ice cream is the best in summer!!! Besides air-con. Thanks, Yul.” I said after having the first spoon of my strawberry ice cream. 

“Haha no problem, by the way how was the club and my friends???” you asked while eating your ice cream.

“It was fun and they are really nice.” I answered.

“Told you.” you grinned.

“Why didn’t you introduce them to me before???” I asked.

“Umm.. Well we seldom meet them in school so... I kinda forgot...” you said and looked at your ice cream.

“How could you forgot about your friends...” I said unbelievably. You just grinned sheepishly. 

“Anyways, Taeyeon and Tiffany, they really make a cute couple, Sunny’s really energetic and she does aegyo like what, every 3 minutes, and Seohyun’s like the most mature member among the four of them though she’s an year younger than us. I think I can get along with them pretty well.” I smiled at the thought of when I first met them. They were so funny.

“Cool!!! Oh just so you know, Taeng is a ert so watch out. But don’t worry she won’t dare to do anything or Fany will kill her hahaha I mean she loves Fany too much to do anything that would hurt Fany. I can see that they are meant to be together.” you said with a smile on your face. How I wish you and me could be like that...

“Good for them, how about your club??” I asked and scooped another spoon of my ice cream.

“Oh, same old same old. Nothing special except Victoria kept on hugging me and doing aegyo to me hahaha that girl.” oh how could I forget Victoria is in the dance club too. I feel like crying again, just picturing you and Victoria are together... 

“Hahaha..” I fake laugh. 

“She’s really funny and cute, she always talks to herself and something can’t talk, like flowers or... But she’s really good at dancing........” you start talking about Victoria. But I’m not even listening to you more like I don’t even want to know. 

 

I’m so stupid, why did I forget that she’s in the dance club too. I would’ve said something else instead of asking you that question. And now you’re talking about how funny and how cute she is...

My heart is hurting so much right now. It hurts even more cause I have to hold back my feelings, my tears. I’m just staring at my empty cup and trying my best not to break down right here, right now, right in front of you. I’m so angry, not at you but myself. Why can’t I just confess to you? Maybe you’ll find out you love me too. But what if you really love me only as you beat friend? What will happened after that...  

 

“Hey Sica?? Sica!!!” you shook my arm and that broke my thought.

“What?!!!” I snapped back at you.

“Wow chill princess, what with the mood swings. Not enough ice cream??” you were shocked but then you laughed it off.

“Sorry Yul, I was just thinking... And you suddenly shook my arm so...” I apologized and frowned a bit.

“You were in your deep thought again, why Sica? Is there something you wanna say or? You can always come to me you know that. I’ll always be here for you.” you smiled and held my hand.

“Yul, I... Nothing... I’ll tell you another time but not right now. But don’t worry I’m good.” I gave her a weak smile.

“Okay, I’ll wait for you.” you said.

“Thanks.”

“No worries, That’s what best friend should do.” you ginned at me while I just smile bitterly.

Yeah.. Best friend...

“Let’s go home it’s getting dark and we have school tomorrow.” you said and urged me to get up.

“Sure.” I said. Sigh school again, more heartbreaks for me to suffer.

Then we head home.

 

Yuri’s POV.

 

Now we’re on our way home. But you are not saying anything. So I decided not to either.

 

Jessica Jung Sooyeon what happened to you, I wish you could tell me, but you said not now. I didn’t force you cause I know you won’t tell me until you want to. Still, I wonder what were you thinking about but you seemed really sad and hurt whenever you think about that.

 

I wish I could do something to cheer you up. Do you know it breaks my heart to see you like this? I want to see your pretty smile, a real smile. Not the one you forced yourself to do when you were trying to convince me you’re fine. I saw the sadness in your eyes. 

 

Just then I noticed that you are walking ahead of me. And we are not holding hands so I caught up to your side and grabbed your hand. You just look at me with one of your eyebrows arched.

“Just feel like holding your hand.” I said and ginned at you.

You just gave me a small smile and continue walking.

 

(Author’s note: their families are neighbors, just next door)

 

“Thanks Sica, I had a good day with you.” I said with a smile.

“Me too and thanks to you too.” you said with a smile too.

“Okay princess I’ll see you tomorrow morning.”

“Sure, see you later.” then you hug me, I hug you back right away.

I feel my heartbeat beats faster than normal and I found out your small body actually fits mine perfectly. I close my eyes and inhale the sweet scent of your perfume. The perfume that I gave it to you on your 16th birthday.

“Goodnight Yul, sleep well.” you said while pulling away from the hug. I kinda wish the hug would last longer.

“You too princess, goodnight and sleep well. I love you.” I said and smiled.

“See you.” you smiled and went into your house. Without saying you love me too...

I thought we always say I love you to each other before we say goodbye. But you didn’t say it back tonight... Maybe you forgot? But you never forgot. Why didn’t you say you love me too. I’m sure you heard me say I love you... Why do I feel my heart hurts cause you didn’t say you love me...

 

 

_________________

 

yayyy finally i updated again!!!!

well this chapter is a bit boring i think...

Yuri pabo pabo

leave some comments please~

and subscribe please :DD

thank you my subscribers <33333

-jasjung