5.

Hard To Breathe

 

Yuri’s POV.

(Author’s note: This is when Jessica went to meet up with Taeny at their practice room.)

 

I miss you already Sica.. I hope you won’t take long cause I’m getting hungrier hehe. Maybe we can grab some cupcakes on our way home later.

"Cupcakes hmm yummy..."

I wonder what you guys are doing...? But I can feel that it’s something good. I’m so happy that you like the club this much I knew you would. 

I knew that they will love you cause you are such a nice and lovely girl. And of course I knew they would love your voice. I feel like I’m in heaven whenever you sing. I bet everyone would feel like that if they’ve ever heard you sing.

 

I checked my phone “25 mins past already... Sica are you done yet?” I mummbled again.

Should’ve just went with you and just wait for you outside the practice room..

And I heard the door creaked open.

“Sica you’re... Oh hey Vic” I thought you were back but it’s just Victoria.

“Hey Yuri baby why are you still here??” she asked and walks toward me.

“I’m waiting for Sica to come back then we can go home together.” I told her and smile.

“Where did she go?” Vic asked.

“Oh she went to meet up with Taeng and Fany at their practice room... Should’ve just went with her though.” I said.

“What about you why are you still at school??” I asked.

“Well my friend said she’s gonna be a bit late today so I was just wandering around here and I saw you were still here so I decided to come in.” she said and smiled at me. She does has a beautiful smile but not as gorgeous as yours.

“I see... So umm how was your afternoon? Anything special?” I just asked her something randomly cause I hate being awkward. 

“No nothing special. The class was so so boring....” she said and pout.

“Same here I was so sleepy during class time haha” I said.

“But I did miss you Yuri... Did you miss me?” she asked with a smile.

“I umm.. I..” did I miss her? before I can finished what I was gonna say she just sat down on my laps and started kissing me. I don't know why but I'm not kissing her back like the way she’s kissing me. 

Maybe I'm not in the mood cause or I’m too hungry to do that?? No way, but I'm just letting her kiss me like she wants to. 

And she seems really enjoy kissing me, but what about me? 

It's bad to think like this but it just feel tha same as when me and my ex girlfriends kissed. Nothing special, it ain't feel like there're butterflies flying in my stomach.

What if I kiss you Sica? I actually feel kinda nervous and excited about this thought. What would it feel like if we kiss? 

Should ask you about this later, it won't hurt right? We are best friends after all and I know lots of people do kiss their best friends.

 

Just then I feel she puts her left hand inside my shirt. No I gotta stop her right now. 

"YULLLLL!!!!! I have someth......" I think I heard your cute voice. So I quickly peek over to the door. 

Yes that was you, you are just standing there. 

But you look shocked and hurt and I can see tears keep flowing from your eyes.

Why are you crying? It really hurts my heart seeing you crying like that.

Before I can break the kiss and asked you what happened, you turned away and ran out of our classroom.

So I broke the kiss and was going to chase after you.

"Yuri wait!!!" Victoria said and held my wrist when I was about to run out of the room.

"Vic sorry I have to.." I said with a worried toned.

"No please just listen to me.." Vic said, not letting go of my wrist.

 

“Fine.. Vic what do you want to say? Please be quick I need to find Sica I don’t want something bad happen to her.” I gave up and said.

“Okay I know that you really want to go after Jessica right now, but what I’m gonna say is really important for you, and her. I only give you this chance so listen to me, carefully.” she said seriously.

“Okay..”

“First of all, Yuri, I’m breaking up with you.” she said. What??

“What? Why?” I asked

“I really like you, really. Maybe even more. But I can feel that you don’t like me as I like you. I know that you have something for me, but not much. And I can see that you already have someone you really love.. So I decided to let you go.” she said. Did she just say I already have someone I really love? 

“I’m sorry Vic I’m not a good girlfriend..” I apologized.

“Don’t be Yuri. You are a good girlfriend, you are always sweet and really nice to me it’s just I’m not the right person for you.” she said, sadly.

“Vic...” I don’t know what to say. But who’s the person I really love?

“Yuri, remember what I’m going to say next. Listen to what your heart says, and do what it wants to do, don’t use your brain when it comes to love. That will just make you blind. I’m sure you’ll find out who’s the person you’re already in love with. Seriously, you are so stupid when it comes to this..” she said and shook her head in frustration.

“Okay I’ll try. Thanks a lot, but I’m really sorry Vic.. I hope I could make it up you.” I said sincerely.

“You don’t have to do anything for me, but promise me, find the person and be happy.” she said with a smile.

“I will, thanks again Vic, really.” I said and hug her. She hugs me back.

“Don’t worry about me I’ll be okay now go do what you should do and don’t forget what I said.” she said while pulling away from the hug.

“We’re still friends right?” I asked.

“Yeah of course!” she said and smiles.

“I owe you Vic, gotta go bye, take care.” I said and picked up both my backpack and Sica’s.

“You too take care. Bye good luck!” she said.

 

Okay Yuri remember what Victoria said. Do not use your brain, just follow your heart. My heart, Sica I wonder where are you right now? You just ran away like that and you were crying. I’m so worried about you. I hope you are safe, and I really miss you. You, your sweet smile and everything. I don’t know why but it’s like all I can think about is you and you and you, you are everywhere, Sica... I think I love you...

Oh my god Kwon Yuri you are such an idiot you love Jessica Jung!!!! You’re in love with your best friend, how could you not realize it until now???? You are so stupid.

“Pabo pabo pabo Kwon Yuri pabo” I scolded myself.

I got it now I’m the reason why you were crying and the reason why you ran away. The reason why you've never dated anyone, the reason why you are always with me no matter what... I fasten my pace and run toward your house.

 

Ding dong ding dong. I pressed the doorbell. Ughhh open the door com’on.

“Oh hi Yuri!!” Mrs. Jung answered the door and said.

“Hello Umma is Sica back yet?” I asked. Please say she’s back.

“Yes she came back a while ago.. But it seemed like she’s not in a good mood, she was crying and she didn’t even say a word when I asked her what happened before she went straight to her bedroom.. What happened Yuri-ah? Did you guys had a fight?”  Umma asked. Stupid Kwon look what you’ve done... I’m so sorry Sica.

“Well.. Not really a fight, it’s more like a misunderstanding I think, it’s a bit complicated.. But Umma can I talk to her right now???” I asked.

“I’m not sure I think she’s already sleeping or... She didn’t answer me when I knocked on her door.” Umma said.

“Is that so... Well okay Umma thank you, at least now I know that she’s home safely.” I said.

“Thank you Yuri-ah you always take good care of her I’m really grateful about that.” Umma said.

“Umma don’t say that I promise that I’ll take care of her forever so I’m just keeping my promise.” I said and smile.

“Aww you are so cute, sometimes I think maybe I should just marry that girl to you. Since you two are always together and you two actually look like a cute couple haha” Umma said and laughed.

 “Umma...” I said and look down. I’m so embarrassed right now my face is like burning hot.

“Omo Yuri-ah you’re blushing you really like Sooyeon huh?” Umma teased me and laughed.

“Umma!!!” I whined and pout.

“Okay okay I’ll stop teasing you but Yuri please talk to Sooyeon okay? Or I’ll be really worried.” Umma said.

“Yes Umma I’ll talk to her, I’ll try call her or text her. Don’t be too worried. Oh and here, Sica’s backpack, she didn’t take it with her cause she was umm in a hurry when she left school.” I said and handed Umma the backpack.

“Thanks Yuri-ah, what is Sooyeon going to do without you.” Umma said.

“No problem Umma, I’ll talk to you soon, have a good night.” I said and bowed.

“Okay you too Yuri, bye!” Umma said and waves at me.

“Bye!” I said last time before go back home.

 

“Sica turn on your phone please...” I tried to call you but your phone is off.

This is the 20th time I tried to call you but still... 

I’ll ask Taeng for help then..

“Sup Yul??” Taeng picked up the phone and said.

“Taeng... I’m so stupid...” I don’t know why but I started to sob.

“Hey hey buddy what happened?” she asked softly.

“I.. I love Sica..” I said.

“That took you long enough.. Good for you but why are you crying?” she asked.

“I’m afraid I’m too late...” I said while sobbing.

“And why is that? Mind sharing the story?” she asked.

“Okay..” then I heard someone asked Taeng something, I recognized that it’s Fany.

“Hey buddy is it okay that I put it to speaker? Cause Mushroom wants to know too.”

“It’s alright I don’t mind.” I said.

“It all started this afternoon after school finished.....

 

No one’s POV.

 

Yuri told the Taeny couple what exactly happened.

 

Yuri’s POV.

 

“What should I do guys..?” I asked

“Well I think you just have to wait till Sica’s willing to talk to you.” Taeng said.

“But what if she hate me cause I hurt her too much?” I said sadly.

“Silly, she loves you too much to hate you.” Fany said.

“Think about it Yuri, it’s been years since she found out that she’s in love with you, but she never leave your side no matter what. It’s just this time is too much for her to handle. She won’t hate you trust me. BUT, you must not letting her go this time cause maybe she’ll try to move on..” Fany continued.

“Yeah Pany’s right, we both can see that she starts to lose her hope on you so..” Taeng said.

“No I can’t lose her she’s my everything. I just hate myself being this slow, I was too stupid, I couldn’t even know my own feelings... And I’m the one who’s hurting her..” I said.

“Hey don’t be like this you still have time so cheer up k?” Taeng said.

“Yep TaeTae’s right, all you have to do now is get her back and let her know your feelings.” Fany said.

“Okay I will, I will make her mine.” I said seriously.

“That’s right buddy, if there’s anything new just let us know k? We’ll be here for you.” Taeng said.

“Yep and we’ll let you know if Jessi contact us so don’t be too worried.” Fany said.

“Thanks guys.” I said.

“No prob, so cheer up k we’ll talk to you soon and good luck!!”

“Yurwee fighting!!!” Fany said.

“Okay bye! Thanks again.” I said.

“Bye!!” Taeny said before hanging up the phone.

Sigh. I hope it won’t be too late to tell you I love you Jung Sooyeon...

I miss you so much I can’t get you out of my mind. Not until now I realized that you are all I have in my mind... I’m so sorry I hurt you that much...

 

I’m just laying in my bed and staring at the celling thinking about you.

I took the photo that I have it on the stand next to my bed. It’a a polaroid photo of us. I remember we took it when I got that polaroid as my birthday gift from you last year. We took tons of photos, and you said that you look ugly in all photos we took.

But you don’t know how wrong you are, you look gorgeous in all photos, even in some of them which we tried to be all ugly, you still look cute. I unconsciously smile at the memories of us.

“I’m so in love with you Sica.. So please wait for me, I’ll show you how much I love you..” I said while looking at the photo. Then I closed my eyes...

 

Jessica’s POV.

 

“Hmmm...” I stirred awake by the sunlight which is hitting on my face.

I got up and check my clock, 9:30 in the morning...

“Ughh why do I feel so tired.... Oh yeah I remember..” I ignored the pain I feel in my heart and walk to my bathroom lazily.

“Oh god I look terrible..” my eyes are swollen and so red from yesterday’s crying.

“So much for that stupid Kwon...” I mumbled.

 

I walked down stairs after doing my routine.

“Morning sweetie want some pancakes?” Mom asked.

“Umm sure..” I don’t really want to eat but I don’t want Mom to be worried.

“I’ll be eating in my room k” I grabbed the plate after Mom make me some pancakes, not waiting for her reply I rush back to my bedroom.

 

I sat down on my bed and have some pancakes. Ended up finishing all the pancakes.

“Guess I’m hungry huh..” then I thought about that I still have to perform on next Wednesday.

“Better give the song to Taengoo today..” so I started to browse all my songs.

“Hmm... How about this one?” I clicked play and I started crying again... This is it, I’m gonna perform this song. For you Kwon Yuri...

 

“Hey Sica!!!” Taengoo picked up the phone.

“Hiii Jessi!!!” I heard Tiff yelled in the background. These two, always together..

“Hi Taengoo hey Tiff!” I said.

“I’ll put it on speaker k?” Taengoo said before she put her phone on speaker.

“So what’s up?” Taengoo asked.

“Oh I thought you would know that I’m gonna tell you the song I’ll be performing next Wednesday.” I said.

“Oh yeah right of course I know...” Taengoo said.

“Yeah right you sound like you totally forgot about it.. Anyways I want to perform Nikki Flores’ Hard To Breathe.” I said.

“Oh that song, is there..umm any reason why you chose this song?” Taengoo said.

“OH MY GOD BUG!!!!!!!! TAETAE!!!!!” Tiff suddenly screamed.

“Don’t worry I got it I got it... Okay done Mushroom it’s gone.” I heard Taengoo said from afar.

Seriously... Then I wait till they settled down again.

“Sorry Jessi there was a bug..” Tiff apologized to me.

“It’s alright. I’m glad that your TaeTae’s killed it for you.” I said.

“I know right TaeTae I love you!!” Tiff said.

“Love you too my Mushroom.” Taengoo said back.

“Umm guys..”

“Sorry Sica where were we again?” Taengoo asked.

“You were asking me is there any...”

“Oh right so is there?” Taengoo asked again.

“I want to sing this song for Yuri...” I said softly. And I closed my eyes trying to endure the painful feelings I feel in my chest.

“Jessi... She called us yesterday, she told us everything... And she said that you had your phone off...and she was really worried about you..” Tiff said.

“Well... I was just really tired and...  I don’t know” I said.

“Jessi... Do you want to talk about it?” Tiff asked in a worried tone.

“Nah I don’t want to bother you guys.. Don’t worry I’ fine just need some time alone.” I said.

“sigh. Sica, just don’t forget about what we told you during our lunch time k?” Taengoo said.

What did they tell me again..? The thing about you..? That you love me too...

“.....” but what I saw yesterday doesn’t seem like it...

“Sica you still there?” Taengoo asked.

“... Oh yes sorry I was lost in my thought.” I said.

“Trust us Jessi.” Fany said again.

“sigh. Okay okay got it.” I said.

“Good. So umm I don’t think you have to practice that much but still I think you should at practice once or twice. So I’m thinking like on Monday and Tuesday, come to our practice room and practice a bit just to check if there’s any problem or..” Tangoo said.

“Okay I’ll be there.” I said.

“So is that all you want to tell us?” Taengoo asked.

“I guess so..” I said.

“Jessi if you need someone to talk to you can always come to us k?” Fany said.

“Okay Tiff don’t worry.” I said, reassure that I’m fine... Am I?

“Thanks you guys are really sweet.” I said.

“No problem we are friends right.” Taengoo said.

“Thanks still.”

“Okay we’ll talk to you soon then.” Taengoo said.

“Sure bye Taeny!!” I said.

“Bye Sica/Jessi!!! Cheer up k Jessi!”

“I will, bye!” then I hung up the phone.

Just right after I put my phone down it rings again. I pick it up and look at  the screen. It’s you...

I don’t have the courage to talk to you yet, I’m afraid I might start crying as soon as I hear your voice...

I turned my phone to mute mood and find things to do, trying to get you out of my mind.

 

Yuri’s POV.

 

“Sica.. Pick up the phone...” I mumble as I’m hearing your phone ring and ring until it says it will be transferred to the voice mailbox..

“Ughhhh this is so pointless!!!! Fine I’ll just go to your house then!” then I changed into my sweat pants and a random hoodie before going out.

 

Knock knock knock.

“Oh morning Yuri!” Umma said with a smile.

“Morning Umma, is Sica awake? She’s not answering my phone since last night...” I said.

“I think she’s awake. She came down and grabbed her breakfast then went back to her room not long ago.” Umma said.

“Umma may I go check on her? I’m worried and I have something important to tell her...” I asked.

“Sure, and don’t be so formal Yuri-ah you’re just like my daughter.” Umma said and gave me a smile. 

“Okay Umma, thanks.” I said as I enter your house.

 

I knocked on your door twice and wait for your answer.

“Yes Umma??” you said. I guess you never thought that I would come see you.

“Sica... It’s me.” I said.

“......” your silence broke my heart. If I wasn't this stupid, if I didn’t hurt you that much you would’ve open the door right now.

“Sica please... Open the door... I miss you, I really do...” I said and I leaned my forehead on your door.

“....” you just stay silence. I won’t leave, not until you talk to me. At least let me hear your voice...

“Talk to me Sica...” I begged. 

“Why are you here?” you asked, softly. Now I realized how much I miss hearing your sweet voice... I miss you, so much.

“You left earlier yesterday and you had your phone off last night and you didn’t answer my calls this morning either... I was really worried about you, I was so afraid that something might happen to you cause I wasn’t with you...” I said. 

“Why Yuri why?? I don’t get it...” you said, almost whispering, but I still could hear you. 

“Cause I...”

“Never mind Yuri just go home, I’m sorry I need some time alone...” you cut me off before I finished my sentence.

“But I ...”

“Kwon Yuri! I’m sure you heard me so please... Please, give me some time alone okay?” you said coldly but you voice were shaking. Are you crying because of me? I hate it, and I hate myself cause I’m the reason why you’re crying. 

“Sica... I’m sorry. I’ll leave now but please, don’t treat me like this, it hurts...” I said, I know that you mean what you said so all I can do is leave.

I know I deserve this but my hearts can’t take it. I’m so sorry I didn’t know it will hurt like this...

 

“Oh? Yuri you’re leaving already??” Umma asked after I came down from the stairs.

“Yes Umma...” I said in a sad tone.

“Yuri-ah what happened? Is Sooyeon still not forgiving you?” Umma asked. 

I just nodded.

“Come here Yuri-ah, tell Umma what happened.” Umma lead me to the living and asked me to take a sit.

“Umma... It really was my fault so please don’t blame on Sooyeon...” I said.

“What exactly happened?” Umma asked.

“It’s a long story Umma...” I said, I don’t know if I should tell Umma this...

“How about just tell me some of it, like the important parts?” Umma said. Well I guess I’ll tell her then...

“Well I umm unconsciously hurt Sica...” I said.

“What do you mean?” Umma looks at me and frown.

“Umma... I like.. no I love Sica, I mean not like that kind of love towards a friend...” I said with my head lowed. I’m too afraid to see Umma’s reaction.

“Then she should be happy instead of being mad at you right??” Umma said like she already knows that... !!!!!

“Huhhh?? Umma are you not surprised?!!” I asked.

“I can’t believe how slow you two can be... I know Sooyeon well so I can easily tell and you are like my another daughter of course I can tell too.” Umma said.

“Oh...”

“So why is she not happy?” Umma asked.

“Umm I didn’t realize my own feelings until yesterday.. ” I said sadly.

“Before that I did something which made her completely umm broke down...” I said.

“I see so you’re saying you did something wrong yesterday which is why Sooyeon’s like this right now.” Umma said.

“Teenagers...” Umma just smiles.

“So do you want me to try to talk to her or?” Umma then asked.

“No Umma it’s alright I can handle it. I’ll do my best to get her back.” I said. I hope I could.

“Alright then good luck Yuri-ah for dealing with that princess. But I believe that you can do it.” Umma said.

“Thanks Umma, for everything” I said while getting up from the sofa.

“No problem Yuri-ah I just hope you and Sooyeon could both be happy.” Umma said with a warm smile.

“Thanks Umma, see you soon!”

“Bye Yuri-ah take care k?” Umma said when I opened the front door.

 

I called Taeng after I got home.

“Hey buddy anything new?” Taeng said when she picked up the phone.

“Hello Yurwee~~~” I heard Fany’s voice.

“Hey Taeng, hey Fany, sorry for bothering, but I need some help..” I said.

“What bothering we’re willing to help k? So what’s going on?” Taeng said.

“I just came back from Sica’s place but she did’t want to see me, not even talk to me...” I said, and my heart aches.

“So she just said nothing?” Taeng asked.

“She said she needs some time alone... So she told me to leave.” I said.

“So you left like that???” Fany asked.

“I know her too well, she means what she says, and I don’t want to force her... I don’t know...” I said.

“sigh. Kwon, what about next? What are you going to do?” Taeng asked.

“I don’t know... Wait till she wants to talk to me...??” I said. I really don’t know...

“... Oh Yuri you know she has a performance on next Wednesday right??” Fany suddenly asked. A performance on Wednesday?!!
“Huh? A performance?? I didn’t know that!! She didn’t tell me about that...” I said.

“We told her about that yesterday so....” Taeng said.

“Oh.... Okay, so umm do you think I should go see her performance??” I asked.

“Sure why not, and you should do something special for her on that day!” Fany said.

“That’s a great idea! Since it’s her first performance I definitely will prepare something for her! And tell her how I feel as well.” I said with a smile though they can’t see my face.

“How long do you think it’s gonna take for her to talk to you??” Taeng asked.

“I don’t know, but I think I’m the one who has to make everything back again, cause I’m the one who made all the mistakes...” I said.

“If that’s what you’re thinking. Then... Let us know if you need any help. You two will be alright and we’ll keep our eyes on her for you so don’t be too worried.” Taeng said.

“I love you you guys are awesome, thanks.” I said. I’m so happy to have you two.

“Love you too buddy. Hahaha” Taeng said and laughed.

“I love you too Yurwee!!!” Fany said.

“Mushroom I thought you only love me..” Taeng said jokingly.

“I love Yuri more cause she’s super hot whenever she dances and her abs oh my gosh I thought I was gonna die when I saw her abs... Yuri you are so hot hahaha” Fany joked back.

“I have abs too Pany-ahhh” Taeng whined.

“Where where I don’t see them??” Fany said.

“No Fany she doesn’t have abs like mine.” I added.

“Kwon how could you betray me...” Taeng said in a fake crying tone.

“Can’t help it I’m just too damn y hahaha” I laughed.

“Hahaha okay enough but can’t deny that you are y hehe” Taeng said.

“Kim you ert!!!” I said.

“Hey how come I’m a ert but Pany’s not she said that first.” Taeng argued.

“Cause you are a byuntae, anyways thanks again and talk to you soon bye!!!” I said.

“Whaaaat? I’m not a byun mmm...”

“Bye Yurwee!!!” Fany cut off Taeng and then ended the call. 

 

Good now I just have to plan everything for next Wednesday, for you. Jessica Jung Sooyeon wait and I’ll show you how my heart feels. I will never hurt you again, I want to be the reason you smile, not the reason you cry.

 

____________

 

what's up i'm back my friends!!!!!

it took me a bit longer than i thought it would be...

i don't think this chapter is good, it's pretty bad actually i'm sorry T_T

at first i thought i could finished this story in this chapter but not really lolll

but i'm sure the next chapter would be the last chapter~~~

what will Yuri do to get her Sica baby back??? i don't know yet..

and sorry for the readers who asked for adding someone to make Yuri jealous, i didn't do that cause i think this way is better...

sorry again my readers, for the late update.

anyways still, please leave some comments ^^

and subscribe :DDD 

love you all my readers <33333

-jasjung