6.

Hard To Breathe

 

Hey people!!!!

so i updated three chapters this time

enjoy~~~ 

-jasjung

 

______________

 

Jessica’s POV.

 

I finally calm myself down after you left. But I’m so confusing right now, why did you apologize? Does it really hurt you that I treat you like this? Why are you doing this to me Kwon Yuri... I’m so tired from crying too much again. I clicked play and the song I’m going to perform starts playing, and I’m just lying in my bed, listening to the song.

What am I going to do now... Everything has changed between us. How am I going to face you, how can I still treat you like I used to. Why is everything so complicated? Why can’t you love me back...

 

Yuri’s POV.

 

“Ughhh... shut up you stupid alarm...” I took my phone and turned off the alarm and got up from my bed.

“Stupid Monday...” I mumbled while walking toward my bathroom lazily.

I went downstair and no one’s here. “Almost forgot Umma and Appa won’t come back until next week...” then I poured some cereal and milk into my bowl.

I cleaned up a bit after finishing the cereal and ready for school.

“Should I go to Sica’s or...” “Of course Kwon Yuri you have too keep your promise!!” though I don’t think you want to see me...

“Good morning Umma, is Sica ready?” I bowed and said when Umma opened the door.

“Good morning Yuri-ah you’re here, Sooyeon hasn’t come down yet, I’ll go check on her, come in you wait inside.”

“It’s okay I can just wait here.” I said and smiled.

“If you say so, I’ll go check on her now.” Umma said.

“Okay thanks Umma.”

This sleephead never wake up till the last second. I chuckled at the thought that you always say you never have enough sleep.

 

Jessica’s POV.

 

I don’t want to go to school... 

Knock knock. “Sweetie, Yuri’s here to pick you up, are you ready yet??” Umma said.

Kwon Yuri I thought I told you to give me some time already...

“Stupid Kwon..” I mumbled but feel kinda happy that you still came even though I told you not to.

“Umma I’m not feeling good I wanna just stay at home.” I’m not sick I’m just not ready to face you yet.

“Sooyeon-ii did you caught a cold?” Umma asked.

“Don’t worry Umma I just need some rest. Tell Yuri I’m sorry I can’t accompany her to school today.” I said. I’m sorry Yul, I can’t face you yet, give me some more time, I’m sorry...

“Sweetie, Yuri really cares about you... sigh. She’s gonna be late if I say too much. Umma will tell her you’re not feeling well if that’s what you want me to say. Rest well okay?” Umma said. Why do I feel like Umma knows something I don’t know...

“Okay thanks Umma.”

I miss you Yuri-ah but my heart would stop beating if something like that happened in front of me again...

 

Yuri’s POV.

 

“Yuri-ah” I heard Umma called me after a few minutes waiting.

“Yes Umma, Sica’s not ready yet??” I look behind Umma but there’s no sign of Sica.

“Yuri-ah Sooyeon said she’s not feeling well so...”

“sigh. She still doesn’t want to see me...” I said sadly.

“Yuri-ah don’t be too sad okay, you two will be fine...” Umma said and squeezed my shoulder lightly.

“Okay Umma thank you... I guess I gotta go now..” I took a glance at my watch.

“Be careful on the way okay?” Umma said.

“Yes I will thanks again Umma, bye.” I bid goodbye to Umma and head toward school.

 

Sigh. I don’t even want to go to school. I don’t care if I’m gonna be late, it doesn’t really matter.

Sica... I miss you so bad...

 

(Later that day)

 

Yuri’s POV.

 

I texted Hyo said that I’m feeling a bit sick so I won’t join the practice today.

I don’t feel like going home yet, no one’s home, and I don’t think you want to see me now... I’m just walking around mindlessly. I don’t know what to do without you, no one can play with me like you do, no one can talk with me like you do... It feels like l lost my soul without you, Sica...

 

“Ughh Kwon, stop being depressed, you better think about what are you gonna do to get Sica back on Wednesday...” I scolded myself...

 

Jessica’s POV.

 

I opened the door of our practice room and Taeny are already here. 

“Hey guys I’m here!” I said. They turned their head toward my direction after hearing my voice.

“Hi Sica/Jessi!!!” they said and waved. I walked toward them.

“How are you Sica? Feel better?” Taengoo asked.

“Umm I dunno.. Maybe a bit?” I really don’t know.

“Jessi we told Yurwee about your performance on Wednesday, and she said she’ll come.” Tiff said.

“sigh. I dunno... I’m not ready to see her yet...” I said.

“It’s okay Sica we can understand but you miss her right?” Taengoo said.

“I.. I do miss her, it’s just...I don’t wanna be hurt again... I can’t take it.” I said sadly.

“Jessi, she misses you too” Tiff said softly. 

I look at them, not knowing what to say....

“Sica, just don’t take too long okay, or both of you are going to hurt more. You’ll have to face it sooner or later right?” Taengoo said and gave me a warm smile. She’s right but I’m still afraid...

“It’s gonna be okay Jessi.” Tiff said before gave me a hug. 

“I dunno...” I said as I hug her back. “Shhh don’t worry...” She whispered and squeezed me a bit.

“Like we said, trust us.” she gave me her cute eye smile after pulling away from the hug.

“Okay... Sica are you ready to practice?” Taengoo asked.

“Yep let’s start, I’m ready.” I gave her a reassure smile.

 

(30 mins later)

(Author’s note:  Taeng plays drums/asdfghjkl/ and Fany plays the piano and sings the chorus for Sica :DD)

 

“Wow Jessi that was great!!” Tiff cheered while clapping her hands after I finished singing.

“Yeah that was really good Sica!” Taengoo said and gave me a thumb up.

“Thanks!! You guys are great too!” I smiled.

 

 

Yuri’s POV.

 

I look around, found out that I’m at the park we always come. I don’t even know how did I get here. This park, there are so many wonderful memories here. The first time we met, and the first time you gave me a kiss on my cheek when I bought you an ice cream. I remember that I was so surprised when you did that, you even laughed at me cause my expression was hilarious.

I chuckled then sat down on the bench, reminiscing us.

The first time you got angry at me, when we were 14, cause I lost my couple bracelet which you gave me on the valentine’s day that year. The next day, I bought a couple necklaces to make it up to you. I knew you were here when I found out you weren’t at home. You cried a little when you saw me, and said that you were sorry cause you shouldn’t be that angry. I hugged you tightly, you back softly and told you I should be the one to apologize not you. Then I gave you the necklace, you were so happy. You blushed and smiled shyly when I told you you look beautiful with that necklace after helping you put it on. 

Then it hit me, you never took it off, not even once. It’s been three years since the day I put it on for you.

There were a few times I forgot to wear it, each time you would ask me why didn’t I wear it, with a cute pout. I swear your pout is the cutest pout I’ve ever seen. I told you I forgot, which was truth. Then you would threat me if you didn’t see me wearing it tomorrow you won’t talk to me for a week. 

I can’t help but smile when I think of your cuteness. I wish I could show you how cute you are in my eyes. 

Buzz buzz. I took out my phone and it says Taeng sent me a message.

“Hey buddy, Sica went home about 15 mins ago after the practice, you should go check if she got home yet. ^^” 

“Okie thanks buddy!” then my phone vibrated again after I walked out of the park.

“No prob. And don’t push Sica too much, just make sure you’ll give her a surprise or whatever you wanna do for her on Wednesday k? Tell me if you need our help. And we already told her you’re coming to the performance. She didn’t really say anything but don’t worry things will turn out fine :))” 

“Thanks again, I’ll let you know if I need your help, love ya <3”

“Anything for my buddy <3” I smiled and put my phone back to my pocket.

 

“Coming!!!” I heard Umma’s voice from the other side of the door.

“Hello Umma!” I smiled.

“Hi Yuri, come on in!!” Umma said and stepped aside for me to go inside.
“It’s okay Umma, I just want to make sure if Sica got home safely. Taeyeon, one of our good friends said that Sica left school after practicing about umm... 25 minutes ago.”

“I see, don’t worry she got home 10 minutes ago. Yuri-ah thank you for caring about Sooyeon.” Umma said.

“Don’t be Umma, I’m just worried cause I was not with her to protect her. I’m sorry.” I looked down.

“Yuri-ah, I’m so happy that Sooyeon has you.” Umma said with a smile.

“I promise I’ll protect her no matter what and love her with all my heart.” I said seriously.

“I know you will.” Umma said and patted my head.

“I’ll keep my promise Umma, sorry for bothering. I’ll get going now.”

“No worries, have a good night. Let me know when you two become a couple.” Umma said and grinned at me.

“Yes, yes Umma I will. Bye!”

 

Jessica’s POV.

 

“Are you changing? Can I come in?” Umma asked.

“Come in, I’m not changing.”

“Sooyeon, why are you not changing yet? Yuri would be here any time soon!” Umma said after seeing me still in my pjs. 

“Umma I’m not going to school today either, and tomorrow.” I said without looking at her.

“Why not??” Umma asked as walking toward my bed.

“I... I just don’t feel like going... Can you just tell Yuri that I’m still not feeling well so I’m not going to school today and tomorrow when she comes later? Please...?” I said and look at Umma when she sat down on my bed beside me.   

“sigh... Sooyeon, you can’t avoid her forever you know that...” Umma my hair while saying. Wait... Does Umma know what happened to us??

“Umma...”

“Okay, I’ll call Yuri later. You know, yesterday she came just to make sure you got home safely.” Umma said. Yuri... you did...?

“....”

“She misses you, a lot. Anyway, I better call her now. Come down and eat before the breakfast gets cold k?” Umma said and left my bedroom.

 

Yuri’s POV.

 

Ringgg~ringgg~ 

I heard my home phone ringing when I’m ready to go out.

“Hello?”

“Hello good morning Yuri-ah!” I recognized the voice right away.

“Umma?? Good morning!”

“Yuri-ah, you don’t have to pick Sooyeon up later, she’s not going to school again. And tomorrow either.” I knew it...

“Oh...okay I understand...”

“That girl...”

“It’s alright Umma don’t blame Sica. Well Umma I gotta get going, thanks for calling me.”

“Aright, be careful.”

“Okay Umma bye.”

I hung up the phone after hearing Umma say bye.

Sigh... Another day without you by my side. 

 

(At school)

 

Yuri’s POV.

   

I don’t even know what class is it right now. It’s not like I care. 

I look over to your seat, empty. I miss you. We would probably be passing notes or whispering to each other if you were here.

How do I get you back... Should I buy a gift? Maybe... 

A surprise? Should make it bigger. Hmm... But where to?

“The park!!!!” I whispered loudly. 

“I’m gonna get you back and make you mine.” I whispered again and ginning at the thought.

I need Taeng’s help!

I took out my phone and started typing.

“Hey buddy let’s have lunch together, and your eye smile princess. I got a plan but I need your help!!”

Buzz buzz. Wow that was fast.

“Sure and of course we’ll help you, I’m looking forward to your plan. ^^”

“Thanks buddy, see ya later <3”

 

(Lunch time at cafeteria)

 

“Hey Buddy what’s up” I turned and saw Taeng walking toward me with her mushroom.

“Hey Taeng hey Fany!”

“Yurweeee!!!!” Fany screamed my name and gave me a big hug. And I hug her back right away.

“I miss you.” she said, still hugging me.

“I miss you too.” and she giggled.

“Hey hey enough Kwon.” Taeng said and pulled me and Fany apart.

“I was not the one who started first.”

“But you hugged my Pany for too long!”

“Aww Fany your TaeTae is jealous!” I teased.

“I am not!!” denied huh? 

“Fany I love you!” I said loudly and winked at Fany. She got my hint and winked back.

“I love you so much Yurwee~~~” she said in a singing tone and hug me again.

I look over to Taeng and her face is just hilarious.

“You know what Yurwee, I think I prefer your hug than TaeTae’s” she said while pulling away from the hug but still has her arms around my waist. With my right arm on her shoulder.

“Why?” I asked. Taeng still has that expression on her face.

“Maybe it’s because you are taller than me.” Fany said and gave me her eye smile.

“Let’s not more. She’s gonna punch me any time soon, look at her.” I whispered to Fany. Taeng’s glaring at me, I can see fire burning in her eyes.

“Okie.” Fany giggled at jealous Taeng.

“Aww TaeTae we were just teasing you don’e be angry~” Fany went to Taeng and hug her tightly.

“....” Taeng just keeps quiet but still glaring at me. ! I’m so dead.

“Tae~~~” Fany whined and finally Taeng turned to look at her.

“You are the only one I love, my TaeTae.” Taeng’s eyes turned soft after hearing fany’s confession.

“I love you too.” Taeng said back and Fany gave her a peck on the lips. 

I just smile at these two.

“I was about to punch you Kwon.” Taeng said after a small moment with her mushroom.

“I know I can see that from your eyes. I was scared.”

“Hahaha you should be. Don’t ever think of stealing my girl, I won’t be easy on you even if it’s you.”

“I know, don’t worry I won’t hahahaha.” I laughed

“But that was really mean. For teasing me...” Taeng pout.

“Eww don’t do that you are not cute doing that.” I joked. She just pout more.

“Don’t believe her, you look cute Tae~” Fany said.

“Hahaha let’s go get some food.”

 

(After they got some food.)

 

“So what’s the plan?” Taeng asked after we sat down.

“Okay, it’s like this....

 

(After Yuri finished explaining everything.)

 

“Aww that is so sweet~~~” Fany said and covered her cheeks with her hands.

“Okay I think it won’t be too difficult to do that, we’ll do that. But you gotta give us more time. So take your time before you take Sica there.” Taeng said.

“Okay I will. Hope everything would go well.”

“We got it!!! We’re gonna make everything perfect for you two.” Fany said.

“Cool, thanks a lot.”

“No Problem, we gotta go. See ya!” Taeng said.

“Bye!!!”

“Bye Yurwee, hwaiting!!!” I smiled and waved them goodbye.

 

Jessica’s POV.

 

“Okay I think everything is settled, that was good Sica, just like yesterday.” Taengoo said after our practice.

“Thanks.” I smiled. I hope everything would go well tomorrow.

“Don’t be too nervous Jessi.” Tiff said.

“... I’ll try... But what do I have to wear tomorrow?” I asked.

“Umm a dress would be better I think, a cute one will do.” Tiff said.

“Okay. So is there anything else I need to prepare or?”

“Hmm I think that’s all.” Taengoo said.

“Cool then I’ll see you tomorrow!”

“Hey Sica, let us know when you get home. Bye, be careful!” Taengoo said.

“Bye Jessi see ya tomorrow.” Tiff said and waved me goodbye.

“Bye Taeny! Taengoo, I’ll text you as soon as I get home k?” 

 

Yuri’s POV.

 

“Hmm... Which one you will like more...” I mumbled while looking back and forth between the two models. This one I think...

“Umm, I want two of this please.” I pointed at the one I chose and said.

I left the store after paying for your gift.

“Gift is done. Time to get those stuff for your surprise.” I said to no one.

I have a good feeling that you’re gonna love my surprise for you.

 

____________

 

Just click next :DD