Surprise

Special One Percent

 

Depressed.

Lost.

Confused.

Upset.

I’m running out of adjectives here.

Changmin sighed . Ever since Kyuhyun’s shocking confession this morning, he’s been down in the dumps for a while now. But why? Why did he feel this way? He should be happy that his best friend finally admitted on liking someone after being single for like forever but he didn’t. He is not happy at ALL.

And it pisses him off greatly.

Up until the last bell rings, other students seem to notice the dark aura surrounding me, so they tried not to stand in my way. Well, except from those darn fangirls. If it weren’t for Chun-Chun, who fortunately dragged me away just in time before I started choking them girls by their neck one by one.

Changmin’s mood improves a bit after he reaches home. His hyungs look genuinely concerned over his behavior. But they started to worry even more when Changmin rejects his third bowl of kimchi jjigae, his favorite lunch meal, because the normal Changmin would usually ate a minimum of four bowls in one sitting. Food has always been Changmin’s personal drug because, when he is chewing something, it releases his stress and relaxation will soon engulf the maknae’s being. The hyungs knew that of course, thus, begin their on-the-spot game of who-can-stuff-more-food-in –Changmin’s-mouth between them.

After a few tries, Junsu and Yoochun withdraw from the competition as it is ‘too much of a hassle’. Jaejoong, still not giving up, kept offering Changmin varieties of food to eat and the maknae kept on refusing him, as he had lost his appetite. When Jaejoong heard that, he automatically bawls his eyes out on the floor saying “Changmin didn’t like my food……He hates me…….Yun-ah..…”.

While their caring leader trying his best to console the girly adult, Junsu keeps on blaming/nagging him for hurting Jaejoong’s feelings. He turned to Yoochun, the only reliable person in the room for help but alas, Yoochun was too absorbed in laughing his guts out at the situation, thus ignoring Changmin’ cries for help completely.

Tch…And to think I was this close on asking their opinion about this little problem I’m facing. Haizz….Guess you’re on your own now Changmin-ah.

He leans his body on the school wall, the same wall that he’s supposed to paint murals on, with his partner Choi Sooyoung, who is currently nowhere to be found.

She’s nine minutes and34 seconds late, and still counting.  Changmin sighed fortheumpteenth time.

He narrows his eyes at the school gate, barely making out the figure that is walking slowly towards him.

Choi Sooyoung.

Wearing just a simple white t-shirt, a grey khaki shorts that stopped just above her knee and a pair of white sneakers, one might wonder if she is actually a girl or not. With her short hair and her unfeminine way of walking, I bet she doesn’t know what her gender is either. Changmin chuckles silently.

Kyuhyun certainly does have some weird taste.

Changmin continues evaluating on Sooyoung’s appearance. She’s tall, that’s a bonus for sure. I like my girl TALL cause when I want to hug her, she would fit perfectly into my arms- her head on my chest and my chin on her head, you know…just like in the movies. Sigh….At least I won’t feel like some e or something…you know…. Hugging my short ex-girlfriends….is like hugging little kids. It’s I tell ya.

Changmin shakes his head at that thought. Sooyoung doesn’t look like she has S-line, her body looks like a chopstick, no curve…nothing. Tsk…tsk… pity you, Kyuhyun. Yuri, that cheerleader you rejected last week look far better than this girl right here. However, I had to give you some credit. Sooyoung got some nice legs. Long and lean….Me like it… Changmin smirked. His erted instincts are kicking in. Hmmm….how  would she look like wearing an –“OOWWWW!!!!”

“Stop staring at my legs, Shim-byuntae!!”  Sooyoung had swung her bag directly onto Changmin’s head making the erted victim crouching on the floor, yelling in pain.

“Dang it!! What did you put in that bag of yours huh??? That hurts!!” Changmin stands up slowly, his hand still rubbing his sore head.

“Oh dear…does it hurt that bad?”  Sooyoung looks at him innocently. “I’m soooo…sorry for hitting you….even though you deserved it…..ert” . She smirks evilly at him.

“Aisshhhh….jinjja!” Changmin sighed in annoyance. “Yah!! Choi Sooyoung!! Why are you late?? We’re supposed to meet here at exactly four o’clock, remember? You were-

“Haizzz….Shim. I’m a girl. Girls are forever late, that’s a fact. Besides, who’s counting?”  She interrupts him and drops her bag next to the buckets of paint Changmin brought out from the store earlier.

“Me” . Changmin replied flatly.

“Hmmm? You what?” Sooyoung looks at him briefly before proceeds to lay pieces of newspaper all around them, so that the paint won’t spill on the floor. The headmaster wouldn’t like that, she thought.

“Arrgghh…forget I ever said anything” . Changmin rolls his eyes at her.

“So, Shim. What should we paint today?”

“Dunno. I thought you had a plan”.

“What? You’re the one who’s supposed to come up with the theme remember?”

“It’s YOU! We agreed on you choosing the theme!”

“No! It’s your work! Don’t blame ME! YOU should do it in the first place!”

“Na-uh!”

“Ya-huh!”

“NA-UH!!”

“YA-HUH!!”

“NAA-UHHH!!!!!”

“YA-HUHHH- wait. This is stupid.”

“You’re right. I’ve never heard of the word ya-huh before….”

“NOT THAT, SHIM!!!”  Sooyoung….Remember…the deal….He’s a friend….Do NOT hurt him….. Sooyoung tries to calm herself down by inhaling and exhaling deeply.

“What I’m trying to say is…..We shouldn’t be fighting, okay? We made a deal right? To be friends? Don’t tell me you forget about that.”

“……………………I didn’t.” Changmin replied slowly.

“Good. We can just think of a plan together. They say two heads is always better than one.” Sooyoung bites her lips while saying this. But two heads with a completely different way of thinking is another matter.

Changmin gazes at her for a while before nodding to her request. “I guess you’re right.”

“So, we should put on a base color on the whole wall right?” Sooyoung asked him.

“White color should be the best.” Changmin grazes his chin slightly.

“After that we could just need a little bit of creativity-“

“And a little bit of luck of course…And KA-BAMMM!!!-“

“We had a mural!”  Both Changmin and Sooyoung exclaimed simultaneously.

Both students look at each other’s eyes briefly before twin grins appears on each other’s faces.

“LETS DO IT!!!”

 

………………………………………………………

After 1 hour and 25 minutes…….

They are almost finished with painting the whites on their school wall.

Sooyoung finished first, so she started opening the other multi-color buckets of paint. “Woo…..the color’s pretty.”  Sooyoung swirls her brush in some pink and blue paint and mixes them up in a huge pallet.

A bright purple is formed from her mini-creation. Purple’s not a bad color, she thought to herself.

She glanced at Changmin, who is still concentrating on finishing his task. An evil idea pops into her head. She grins evilly to herself before creeping quietly to Changmin’s side, her hands still holding the brush.

Shim won’t know what would hit him. Sooyoung forms an evil laugh in her mind as she is getting closer….and closer.……to her target.

Changmin felt like someone is creeping slowly to him from behind, so he turned back and gets a shock of his life when he felt something cold smeared across his face.

He blinks his eyes rapidly and sees Sooyoung laughing at him….and what is she holding? A brush??

“You look sooo funny, Shim! Ahahahahhahah!!!”

Changmin took out a small mirror from his pocket and checked his face…..Sooyoung had smeared his handsome face with a purple paint, diagonally.

“Oh My God!!! Hahahahah!!! You even have a mirror in your pocket!!! Vain,much??”  She wiped her tears slightly. “Don’t worry. The color really matches your eyes…NOT!!!Hahahahahaha!!!”  She started laughing again.

“Why you little twerp!!!”

 Changmin eyed the buckets of opened paint and without any warning, dips his right hand into one of the buckets and spatters the paint towards Sooyoung.

“Yahhh!!!! “

Huge blobs of red paint are smothered on Sooyoung’ whole body. “YAH!!!!!Look at what you’ve DONE!!!”  Sooyoung glares at Changmin angrily.

“Wow….now that red color really matches your eyes right now….” Changmin smirks evilly.

“Shim Changmin. This means WAR!!!”

 After she had finished saying that, she began dipping her hands in a random paint bucket and splashes it towards Changmin.

And Shim Changmin is never the one to back down from any challenge.

And so, begins another kick off between Changmin and Sooyoung, both spattering each other with paint of different colors like the happy little kids they are.

Well, until……

“SHIM!!”  Sooyoung gasped, her eyes widens in shock.

“WHAT!!”  Changmin asked back still splashing her with paint but when she didn’t retaliate he stops his attack. Her eyes glued to their left while mumbling incoherent words that sounds like “wall…paint…”.

He followed her gaze slowly and immediately opens his mouth in surprise.

Their wall….

Their freshly painted white wall….

The wall is smeared over with different color paints at random directions and at random parts.

“Oh God……” Sooyoung whispers silently.

Changmin face palm with both his hands slightly.

“Ottohke? Our wall is ruined….We shouldn’t have played so close to the wall……Now look at what happened…..”

………………

……………..awkward silence……………..

…………….

Changmin sighed and glimpse at Sooyoung slightly. “Yah….Now what do we do?”

“……….”

“Yah…!! I’m asking you…!!”

“I’m still thinking, Shim.” Sooyoung scrunched her eyebrows together, thinking hard for a solution.

“Well think faster!” Changmin wails at her.

“Shut UP SHIM!!” Sooyoung rolls her eyes at him in annoyance. She checks her surroundings.  There are still buckets of paint remains from their war……

Suddenly, an imaginary glowing light bulb appears on her head.

 A brilliant idea pops into her mind. Sooyoung glimpse at Changmin slightly.

“ Hey, Shim.”  Changmin stares at her while she walks towards a half-filled yellow color paint and subsequently dips her hands into it.

Changmin raised his eyebrows in confusion.

“Instead of fixing it……let’s just splash more and more paint!!”  Sooyoung spatters the yellow paint on to the wall, but this time it was on purpose.

Changmin gazes at the wall and ponders for a while before the idea sinks in.

“You’re a genius.” He grins at her.

“Don’t I ever?”  She grins back and passes a bucket of paint to Changmin.

“Let’s destroy the wall. Muahahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!!”  Changmin laughs evilly and Sooyoung can’t help but laugh together with him.

“ READY, AIM, FIREEEE!!!!!!!!”

 

……………………………………………..

Unbeknown to them, a figure was hiding behind a tree, not far from where their spot, watching their every move.

Damn. He cursed under his breath. Why are you getting so close to him, Sooyoung-ah? You should only smile like that with ME.

He continued watching them for some more as Changmin dared Sooyoung to shoot her paint at the very top of the wall. Her ‘angel’ refused his dare blatantly.  

“Oh come on!” Changmin wails at her. “It’s easy! I can do it! Why can’t you??”

“Yah SHIM!! I’m not as freaking tall as you, you doink!!”

“Well,I guess it’s true what they say….Anything you can do, I can do better. I can do ANYTHING BETTER THAN YOU!!!”  Changmin said in a sing-song voice, provoking Sooyoung even further.

“YAH!!!!”  Sooyoung shouts angrily at him.

By this time the stalker figure is already balling his fists so hard until his knuckles turns white. His anger seeps into every possible inch of his being.

“Shim Changmin…….” He muttered to himself darkly. He closed his eyes, trying to calm himself from doing something that he knows he will regret.

“I can’t stand it. I should go back now.”  The figure slowly disappears between the shadows of the tree, unnoticed.

 

…………………………………………………………………………………

Elsewhere within the school grounds….

“Yah Cho Kyuhyun! What took you so long, HUH???”

“Toilet.”  Kyuhyun replied shortly. He took his brush and continues painting his side of the wall. He completely ignores the look that his partner, Lee Junho is giving him right now.

He’s in a bad mood, that’s for sure. However, Junho sharp eyes involuntarily caught the sight of a random leaf stuck on the back of Kyuhyun’s shirt. He smirks to himself.

Tch. Toilet, huh….

 

…………………………………………………………………………………….

“I have to say………..I’m impressed.”  Bae YongJoon songsaengnim looks at their wall in amazement.

The white wall looks very beautiful and unique with all the random smears of paint all over it.

“Thank you, songsaengnim…..” Changmin and Sooyoung grins at each other.

“The headmaster will be very pleased. What gives you the idea to paint it this way?”

 “Ummm…..well...it’s a looong story.”  Sooyoung replied.

“It’s kind of boring. You wouldn’t want to know, songsaengnim.”  Changmin said next.

“Well, with both of you drenched in paint from head to toe….I think I don’t want to know. “ Their songsaengnim eyed both of them while shaking his head slightly.

“So, can we go home now?”  Sooyoung asked.

“Yes, you may.”

“Cool!”  Changmin chirps enthusiastically. I’m a need of a long hot bath-

“But before that. Don’t you want to leave your mark or sign on the wall? You could show off to other students your magnificent work.”

Sooyoung ponders for a while before dipping her right hand into a nearly empty bucket of pink paint. She then carefully left a pink hand-print paint on the left side of the wall.

 Changmin subsequently follows her actions by dipping his hand into the red paint and left his mark on the right side of the wall.

Both grinned in satisfaction at their work.

Changmin turns himself towards Sooyoung and stuck out his right hand, which is still covered in red paint.

“Good job……..Sooyoung.”  He smiles at her.

Sooyoung stares at his hand for a bit before shaking his hand with her own pink paint covered hand.

 “You too………Changmin.”  She smiles back at him.

Bae songsaengnim looks at them in approval. “Aww….these kids…… You guys made me miss my old teenage days….” He removed a fake tear from his eyes.

Changmin and Sooyoung grins at their teacher.

Their paint colored hands mixed together to form a new bright color.

Dark pink, with hints of red in it.

The color……….of their friendship.

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Time: 6.40 am

Location: School hallways, Level 2

 

A figure was creeping slowly down the hallway.

He is holding something that appears to be a medium sized box.

He glanced cautiously to his left and right. After he confirms that the coast is clear, he walks slowly to the hundreds of lockers standing before him. At every level of the school building, the headmaster has lined up hundreds of lockers in the school hallway. At level 2, there are lockers for student in the second grade only. So it’s not that hard to find her locker in the middle of the dim-lighted hallway.

Found it. He grins to himself.

Name: Choi Sooyoung.

Class: 2-A

He slips in a piece of paper into the locker holes before putting the box directly on top of her locker.

He smiles in satisfaction before walks away quickly from that place, for he fears that someone might catch him acting suspiciously, as he is in the wrong floor.

However, he couldn’t help but chuckle to himself while imagining the look on her face when she sees the ‘present’ that he had specially prepared for her.

 

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Time: 7.20am

Location: School hallways, level 2.

 

Choi Sooyoung walks lazily towards her school locker. The school bell will ring in approximately five minutes but that didn’t bother Sooyoung at all.

Well, being tardy is a part of my charms, she thought.

She twists her locker code and opens it slightly before a piece of paper falls down on the ground.

“Hmm…..what’s this?”

She picks the paper and reads it. The paper had a very neat hand-writing and it only says two words:

LOOK UP.

“That’s it?” But nevertheless, Sooyoung looks up and sure enough, a box was lying there, on top of her locker.

She picks up the box and looks at her surroundings. Other students were running back and forth down the hallway trying to reach class before the school bell rings.

She shrugs and proceeds to open the box; the upper part of the box lifts up quite easily.

What she sees next make her eyes widen in surprise.

“WHAT THE HECK-“

KKKRRRRRRRIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.

 

 

 

....................................................................................................................................................

phew....writing a fanfic is serious work....

my body is aching all over... 

Guys, I'm thinking of posting a 'Halloween special' for this fanfic.

But I'm currently out of idea......

The main cast will be none other than our loveable Chang-soo-kyu.....thats fosho.

So, if you have any bright ideas....

please messaged me okay!

Thank you for reading! ^o^